captain america vs batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spiderman44
now u almost sh*t on my self tryna figure out who wins so wat do u guys think

Metalmanx
Captain America.

cheldon
why captain america ?

cheldon
i'm might lean towards him, but y do u think that?

spiderman44
ya y cap

Metalmanx
Because I honestly feel that he's the better fighter.

Note: I did not say better martial artist. I said better fighter. I think Cap applies his skill so much better than Batman does.

Batman's gadgets? Nothing Cap hasn't delt with before and overcome.

I believe Cap to be faster, quicker, more agile, SLIGHTLY stronger, and even a better fighting tactician than Batman.

Plus, Cap won't tire. Bats will. I feel that Cap will wear him down and overcome Bats.

And that is my opinion.

spiderman44
hmm pretty smart but im still not comvinced

spetznaz
Originally posted by spiderman44
now u almost sh*t on my self tryna figure out who wins so wat do u guys think

This has been done several times, although it is definitely one of those topics that will always create debate (and thus to me alright if it pops up again every now and then).

Anyways, the winner can go either way, and a whole lot of informed people can say why Captain America would win, while another lot of equally informed people would explain how Batman would win.

The thing is this .....the winner is simply hard to determine. After all look at the following:

Captain America: Due to the super-soldier serum Steve Rogers (is it Rogers or Rodgers) is basically at peak human perfection. His strength, agility, etc etc etc is basically at the apex of what the paragon of human perfection can be. Furthemore he is well trained in combat, has a good mind when it comes to strategy, and can take care of himself extremely well. Then he has his Admantium/Vibranium shield that can basically protect him from everything ranging from cyclop's heat blast to Wolvie's claws. Plus he knows how to throw that shield like crazy, and can bounce it off surfaces at obtuse angles in a way that should be next to impossible. His costume is also to an extent bullet proof.

Bruce Wayne: Batman is also at or near peak human perfection, although in his case no super-soldier serum was used. He has developed his body to such a state whereby he can do things that are almost superhuman ....almost. He is also basically perfect in everything else .....his mind is at genius level, and this intellect is both intensive and extensive (meaning that not only is he extremely well read on, say, world languages; but he is also a genius at forensics, magical lore, chemistry, biology - both human and meta, technology, finance, physics .....you name it Bruce knows it). That is quite the feat since being a veritable renaissance man, in everything, is basically unheard of. Bruce is also a genius in combat strategy, and seems to be always prepared. This means that that utility belt of his is always a clear and present danger to any foe he comes across. And then there are his martial skills, with tacit DC claims that he is accomplished in 127 different martial arts and systems. And he can match BullsEye in throwing expertise .....some of the feats he has pulled with his batarangs are insane. His costume is also to an extent bullet proof, and packs some nasty surprises to anyone who gets too close (goodness graces, even NightWing's costume has surprises).

Who would win?

The two are more or less equal.
Even their respective advantages cancel out each other.

For example Cap. America has the super-soldier serum that makes him peak human, but Batman is basically peak human himself (it would be like comparing a Laborghini Gallardo with 495 HP with a Ferrari 430 with 485HP ....there is a difference, but the winner of a race between the 2 cars wouldn't be dependent on the 10HP difference but on the skills of the respective drivers). Thus they are both equal in bodily ability.

In terms of skills. Well, Steve Rogers only had a mixture of Judo and American-style Boxing, and this is all he had since his inception until quite recently when talk of him knowing 'all martial arts' started coming out (almost entirely on KMC, thus its veracity is questionable), but the fact still remains that Captain America is an extremely profecient fighter.
Bruce Wayne is also one of the top (not the top) figher in DC. A master of 127 styles he has consistently shown he can tangle with the best of them.
I'd be willing to say (actually I do say) that Bruce is a better exponent than Steve, but again that is not to say Steve is useless.

Equipment. Cap has his shield, but in their past meetings (covers) Bruce has always managed to dodge it. He even dodged BullsEye's projectiles. And Cap can block Batman's batarangs with his shield. Thus this cancels out each other.
Note though that Batman has more than batarangs in his utility belt, thus there is always the chance he could pull a stunt that catches Cap offguard (for example releasing gas capsules that make it impossible for Cap to see ....but Bruce would have his cowl that has lenses that can see in infra-red, ultra-violet, and green-hue NV). Thus Bruce has inherent advantages when it comes to costume, belt, and equipment.

Conclusion: The fight can go either way. Cap's greatest strength is his soldier-serum (particularly the fact that it gives him the ability to quickly metabolize fatigue poisons, and thus he doesn't get tired fast .....the other benefits of the SSSerum do not matter since Batman is already at or near peak human level already, and anyways Bats has beaten foes far stronger than him). Batman does have certain advantages that Cap either doesn't have (eg equipment and expansive knowledge on everything from explosives to metal tensions), or either doesn't have to the SAME level (eg mastery of a diverse assortment of martial arts, or the ability to plan for everything to a T .....Black Panther would be a closer match for Batman than Captain America actually).

Anyways ....I'd say Batman slightly edges Captain America here (although I'd say that Black Panther edges out Batman).

Piedmon
Cap wins. Batman admitted in JLA/Avengers that Rogers would "probably beat him."

brainchild81
Pretty much. Even in other x-overs he admits Cap's got the edge.

Creshosk
Originally posted by spetznaz
cyclop's heat blast They aren't heat blasts, they are concussive force.

Lucid Lui
Cap takes it 6/10... Bats gives him a fight though.

spiderman44
wow i though batman waz the best

Superherovandal
Batman would win due to his tech. and superior intelligence and etc.

lifeisaglich
batman is just saying that you could beat me...the way you said it is as if batman whole heartedly admitted that cap could beat him...

You know this could just be batman telling Cap what he wanted to hear. Batman has been known to talk to bad guys and stop them from doing what ever he or she was planning to do.

But anyways what I wanted to say was the fact that if batman already knows that Cap is one step above him. This just tells me that batman probably had contingency plan to go by.

spiderman44
but they said batman said cap has the upperhand

Superherovandal
he said that Cap could maybe beat him. That obviously shows he respects him he means that Cap could potentially win.

spiderman44
oh

roughrider
Even if Bruce is master of more fighting disciplines, the serum also means Cap's reaction time is quicker too. Any punch, kick, move from a human opponent - even highly trained - he can almost always react to defensively, while giving a countermove.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.