Whos Prophecy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nate100
I was just reading the 'Thank you uncle George Prophecy' thread when something popped into my head.

We all know that the star wars story essentially revolves around a prophecy that something will happen to bring balance to the force, but my question is this:

Who originally came up with the prophecy? (and i dont mean george lucas)

Has it ever been discussed in comics/novels/games etc?

It just seems as if the jedi are putting a crap load of faith in something that could just be the crazy ramblings of some jedi hopped up on death sticks.

Who's to say that it wasn't started by a sith lord who could foresee sooooooo far ahead he knew the jedi would take this to heart, and accept this Anakin kid who he knew would eventually lead to their destruction. So all he had to do was say it to the right people, sit back for a coupla hundred years with a brewski and await the destruction of the jedi.

To me it seems like they are taking a LOT on faith, i know they are Jedi, but still.....

nate100
Of course if there is a concrete sourse for the prophecy, consider my wrist slapped!

spencerspider
um ok lets see i really dont know but if the sith could see that far ahead, look 30 yrs more and u see Jedi kill you so um no that wont work.and why cant it just be faith? if u believe something will happen then u talk like it will, you dont know it will but u believe it will

nate100
and why cant it just be faith? if u believe something will happen then u talk like it will, you dont know it will but u believe it will

huh?

Jedi Priestess
Spencer, please use proper English when replying to a post because your posts are very hard to decipher.
Nate, it's ancient Jedi prophecy I would assume and had been written down in the archives.

bobcrickett
I would also assume that the Jedi who made the prophecy was obviously of some great power, most likely on the Council if not the Grandmaster of the entire Order, like Yoda. If Yoda had made such a prediction, I doubt many Jedi would doubt him, so it was most likely a Jedi Master of his calibre.

I'll see if I can find anything.

bobcrickett
"... And in the time of greatest
despair there shall come a savior,
and he shall be known as:
THE SON OF THE SUNS."

Here is the Prophecy itself. From Wikipedia, but I will try to see if I can find it elsewhere. It's from GL's original concept of the movies being told from the viewpoint of a omnipresent, all-knowing power that watched the mortal characters (Luke, Leia, Kenobi, etc.) and recorded. The Journal of the Whills, if you'll have it.

Ushgarak
Heck, that's not the Prophecy, that's just the start of one of the early SW drafts in the 70s. Stay awaaaaaaaaaay from Wiki...

Yup, fair question posed by this thread, and no-one has any real idea of the answer. Make it up yourself.

bobcrickett
*fires Wikipedia into the sun*

Thanks a lot, you bastards! stick out tongue

I'm sure they'll reveal it at some point.

overlord
Originally posted by bobcrickett
*fires Wikipedia into the sun*

Thanks a lot, you bastards! stick out tongue

I'm sure they'll reveal it at some point.
I think nobody actually cares.. shifty

Lightning_Count
According to Qui-Gon, the Midiclorians continually speak to the Jedi telling them the "Will" of the force......maybe thats how it came about!

overlord
No, that's called schizophrenia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.