Rent, sorry if this is already out there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

noelluvspotter
So has any body herd about the new movie "Rent" thats coming out. So if you have watch the previews tell me what you think about itso far.
cool

mattador
Looks okay from the tv spots. Isn't it based off a Broadway Musical or something like that?

Wolfie
Yeah, I'm interested in seeing this.

Solo
I laugh at the trailer. I have a double-sided Rent release poster, among many others, that I got for free. It could be alright, if done very very well.

LepperFace15
Yes, it is a broadway musical. A popular one at that. My friends and I are singing one of the songs from the musical and promoting the movie. So, the production has sent us free RENT stuff and we get to see a sneak preview for it 3 days before it comes out. Should be interesting. . . anyone living in the Dallas area or Cedar Hill area we are performing some songs . . .

Mando
Originally posted by Solo
It could be alright, if done very very well.

no expression Did that make sense?

Wolfie
Originally posted by Mando
no expression Did that make sense?
It could star Rosario Dawson, if they cast her as one of the stars.

stick out tongue

Mando
Originally posted by Wolfie
It could star Rosario Dawson, if they cast her as one of the stars.

stick out tongue

They Could call it Rent, if Rent is what they want to call it.

http://web.mit.edu/21W765j/Spring98/eliza/Yoda/yoda.jpg

Hmmmmmm?

Solo
laughing out loud My bad, wasn't exactly thinking. Doing work at the same time.

Susan-Storm
What is it About Guys?

Mando
Originally posted by Susan-Storm
What is it About Guys?

It's based off of a broadway play, This is the film version of the Pulitzer and Tony Award winning musical about Bohemians in the East Village of New York City struggling with life, love and AIDS, and the impacts they have on America.

Wolfie
They Could call it Rent, if Rent is what they want to call it.

http://web.mit.edu/21W765j/Spring98/eliza/Yoda/yoda.jpg

Hmmmmmm?
laughing Love it!

Susan-Storm
It's based off of a broadway play, This is the film version of the Pulitzer and Tony Award winning musical about Bohemians in the East Village of New York City struggling with life, love and AIDS, and the impacts they have on America.

Interesting smile

noelluvspotter
Hey every one it comes out today i can not wait to see it

The Phantom
Saw it when it came out. Wonderful. Loved it. I wish I saw the Broadway production before the movie so I could compare but who cares, it was great. (Yes I am a drama nerd, back off). The movie got everyone crying!

Andrew McLeod
It was good. I loved it as well. At first it was strange to see a gay relationship on screen...but...it's 2005. lol, besides it seemed irrelavant by the end. It got me a little choked up near the end. Great movie...but I'm sure many would hate it, I believe it's an acquired taste.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Andrew McLeod
It was good. I loved it as well. At first it was strange to see a gay relationship on screen...but...it's 2005. lol, besides it seemed irrelavant by the end. It got me a little choked up near the end. Great movie...but I'm sure many would hate it, I believe it's an acquired taste. Why would people hate such a great movie? Esp. how famous it is. Of course people will hate it if they like the musical and they don't find it as good as the musical. (which is done for a lot of movies)

Fanboy
This was a great movie. Rent is one of the most best musicals I have seen but what if Spike Lee directed it? He was supposed to direct it anyways.

Fanboy
Rent this movie was great it was really sad too because the guy who made it dies before it came out on Broadway and he does not see the impact it is making in other things.

LepperFace15
When I went to go see it, it was an experience. I didn't expect it to be like that. It was so well directed, and some of the songs were really moving and made me get chills. There are so many Rent fans from different groups in our school, who I would have never thought they would like it.

Most of the people who went to go see it in our school, were told to by me and my Theatre friends. We suggested they'd go see it because we saw it before anyone else did! Haha.

Yeah, definitely a great movie . . . and hopefully will snag some awards in the future?

The Phantom
Originally posted by LepperFace15
When I went to go see it, it was an experience. I didn't expect it to be like that. It was so well directed, and some of the songs were really moving and made me get chills. There are so many Rent fans from different groups in our school, who I would have never thought they would like it.

Most of the people who went to go see it in our school, were told to by me and my Theatre friends. We suggested they'd go see it because we saw it before anyone else did! Haha.

Yeah, definitely a great movie . . . and hopefully will snag some awards in the future? It deserves some.

Fanboy
Check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rEtigK0S18

Fanboy
DOT

LiL nAstY GirL
I just saw this movie tonight. It was amazing!!! I loved it so much!

noelluvspotter
It's hands down one of the best movies ever made

Sweet Escape
It really is. I've seen this movie over 100 times, and I've seen the play twice, soon to be three times. So many amazing messages thrown into it. It's a shame that its really underrated, and not alot of people know about it erm

Dusty
Wasn't really a fan of the film. The shining moment for the film is when they mentioned 'Kurosawa'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.