Why is Palps so weird?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Fisto
Palps is so weird...the way he acts, what he says...how ould anakin even want to be around him, let alone be his friend...even before he thought he had the power to save padme, he was his friend...how does agen kolar get wasted by palpy in like 2 seconds? He only wound up for 3 seconds before he plunged his lightsaber into him...

Darth Traya
It's called bad filming and good charisma...

FistOfThe North
lol he does act eccentric as hell, especially with the faces he makes. But it's what distinguishes him from the rest, I guess. Ian/Palpatine is the best actor in the Star Wars series, to me.

Decay
i like when he cuts sick on the jedi. you can see how consumed by hate he is. when he says to mace "no, no, you have lost!" you can hear in his voice that he has nothing but anger and hatred. it wasnt like a big theatric yell, it was more a twisted just uncontrolled release of his anger. plus the faces he make are kind of cool, like hes wishing for the most pain and suffering on his opponant with every strike. every swing he takes has nothing but malice. very cool. id have liked to see how he acted between ep 3 and 4, before he disolved the senate completley. hed be a crazy angry old man but hed still sit around and listen to all the stuff senitors say. probably killing them in the shadows if he didnt like them. i do wonder what he did with his time afer that. he had all his toops everywhere, everyone was scared to death of them. you can only spend so much time meditating and looking into the future. what would his house look like. probably bad lighting a bit of a roach problem.

Ushgarak
Moved

Tangible God
Ian was the best actor in the series according to recent polls.

And Anakin only liked him so much because, moreso even that Obi, Palpatine actually befriended the lunatic Chosen One.

Odysseus
Sidious is "wierd" due to these reasons:
1. Well he looks weird.
2. He is a Sith Lord
3. Ian is a kick ass actor.

K-Paxien
Originally posted by Odysseus
1. Well he looks weird.
2. He is a Sith Lord

that's what i was going to say.

overlord
"Palps is so weird...the way he acts, what he says" I love these kind of arguments.

Sesse
Sure, wait over 20 years for a revenge on something and see if you can keep it together when there are like 4 more days to go?

Bicnarok
P0alpatine was perfect, the actor was the best IMO.

nano_probex
Originally posted by Odysseus
1. Well he looks weird.
2. He is a Sith Lord

Enough said. That rounds up the entire subject, however pointless this subject actually is.

Actually to be frank, what the hell is the point of this thread I mean people don't go around pointing out how weird you are. If anything Anaking Skywalker is stranger than Palpatine. If anything, Palpatine's strangeness made him the star of the movie. And well it did.

queeq
I only thought his mask was weird and rubbery...

Master Fisto
he is an excellent actor...i love when hes with anakin...watching the nergy orb things...and hes like..."They asked you to do something that made you feel uncomfortable, didnt they." I love that part

queeq
Ian rules... one superb actor, who is now in five of the six SW films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.