Captain America vs The Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chilled monkey
The Red White & Blue Avenger vs the man with no face.

Bear in mind that Question was trained by Richard Dragon, one of DC's best. Lady Shiva has said that he's one of the best fighters she knows of.

DarkCrawler
Cap's shield might tip the scales to his favor...

I think Shiva described Question as: "One of the finest human combatant on Earth"

Piedmon
Perhaps, but Q's no Batman. Cap would murderize him.

grey fox
Ahh but question has balls though doesn't he , and as such can receive a might namor taught kick to the grollies.

Draco69
Question. Gases powerful enough to knock out superhumans like Troia.

Piedmon
I wasn't aware Question had weaponized his gas, but I'll go with it. He still has to release it from his belt buckle, and would have to be in reach of Captain America for the gas to be effective.

Steve would have broken Question's arm before Vic could even reach his belt buckle. Cap is one of the Marvel Universe's finest martial artist. Question is barely in DC's top ten, if at all. This is a no contest.

Draco69
Barely? Um, no. The Question (it's not your fault, the poor guy is doomed to obscurity) is one of the best (yet completely unknown) martial artists on DC Earth. He's held his own against Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, and Batman alike. He's no slouch.

He has no "belt buckle" to speak off. The gas emits from his costume like a aura if he so chooses. The Question also possesses high-tech weaponery from his "X-Files" expeditions in the government and such. He possesses alien tech, Luthorcorp tech, etc. With his skills, tech, and infamous gas I think the Question's victory is pretty much in his ballfield.

Piedmon
Ahem yourself, Draco. I happen to be a HUGE fan of Victor Sage--I bought every back issue of the old Denny O'Neal series from the 80's that my comic store had. (Unfortunately, that was barely a handful, although I did find Issues 1 and 2 in my quarter bin scavenges.)

I ALSO got Issues 1-4, and 6 of the Question's latest mini-series. (#5 eluded me unfortunately.) Unfortunately, I missed out on a vital part, because the Question apparently now has the power to call upon cities and urban environments the way a Shaman calls upon the power of nature. He's sort of like a distaff Jack Hawksmoor, I guess.

OK, so if the fight is in a street or alley, the Question has a big advantage. He could summon a pickup truck to chase Cap down, or make a street light burst over Cap's head. Or God help Cap if the fight takes place in a construction site.

I assumed the fight is in a neutral zone, though. No terrain advantage going to either. In which case....

In issue 1 of his series, Question was beaten down by Lady Shiva easy. She all but beat him to death in minutes. Then he got trained by Richard Dragon. Now he's at least able to hold his own against Shiva for a while, but she still dominates him when they fight.

Q is nowhere near Batman or Lady Shiva as a hand to hand fighter. He TRAINED under Richard Dragon, he hardly surpasses him.

Remember, Batman ADMITTED that Captain America would "probably beat him." I love Q, but I know his limitations. (That's part of the reason I <3 him so). Rogers might technically be "peak human," but he's effectively superhuman. No amount of pure training can bring you up to his level. He destroys Question.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

I think Shiva described Question as: "One of the finest human combatant on Earth"

Thanks. I knew it was something along those lines.

olympian
"In issue 1 of his series, Question was beaten down by Lady Shiva easy. She all but beat him to death in minutes. Then he got trained by Richard Dragon. Now he's at least able to hold his own against Shiva for a while, but she still dominates him when they fight.

Q is nowhere near Batman or Lady Shiva as a hand to hand fighter. He TRAINED under Richard Dragon, he hardly surpasses him. "

All correct. Hes good enought to give them a fight now but not that good enough to take them.

That Shiva fight was a total owning, Sage didnt connected against her a single hit.

Then he got trained under Dragon but never became his level or surpassed him ( you can even read more about it when Dragon trained also the Huntress, after Sage took her in. And she falls in the same category).

H2H Cap is sligty better, the man has stalemated Irion Fist briefly before (altho he had the shield).

Piedmon
The thing is, it's not really a question of pure technical wu shu skill. Cap's speed and strength are amped up beyond anything training can give you, unless you're Batman. PLUS, he has the shield. He might not even have to get close at all to win--Question's been knocked out by random thugs with blackjacks before. A vibranium shield to the face would put him down but quick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.