Resident Evil 4 vs Half-Life 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason420
what should I get this weekend RE4 or HL2 for xbox?

BackFire
Both are outstanding games.

Though, I don't know how HL2 is for the xbox. Plus it doesn't come packaged with CSmessedource like it does for the PC, which is where most of hte game's replay value comes from.

DarkC
HL2.

SaTsuJiN
Hmm.. well here are gamespots good and bad about Half-Life 2 for xbox :

The Good Epic single-player campaign; strong visual style with cool environments and cooler enemies; physics engine lets you manipulate the environment in cool ways; top-notch voice acting and storytelling; a highly immersive experience from start to finish.

The Bad No multiplayer gameplay whatsoever; the frame rate struggles most of the time, and downright dies on occasion; nothing to differentiate the xbox game from its pc counterpart, save for its flaws.

-----------------------------------

And here are gamespots good and bad about Resident Evil 4 (I assumed you meant PS2 version) :

The Good Incredibly amazing audiovisual presentation; excellent, bloody, in-your-face shooting action; suspenseful, lengthy storyline keeps you guessing; astonishing boss battles; plenty of extras give lots of replay value--separate ways side story exclusive to ps2.

The Bad Some uncharacteristically goofy dialogue; a couple of minor graphical blemishes.

from my point of view.. resident evil for ps2 looks like the better buy, as hl2 on xbox has no multiplayer and doesnt really compare to the pc version, in terms of framerate and graphics

Alpha Centauri
Why are people assuming it's the weaker RE?

-AC

SaTsuJiN
I hadn't caught the impression that anyone was assuming.. anyway

If you like single player experiences.. RE will give you more bang for your buck.. HL2 for xbox is just basically a 1 time run through

Alpha Centauri
No I mean why are people assuming that it's the PS2 version of RE 4? Not Cube?

I love Half-Life, to be on topic. I saw Half-Life 2 at a friends and it was truly amazing. I need to buy it.

-AC

Morridini
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

I wondered the same thing. When people ask if they should by RE4 and doesn't state at what console I am logically thinking he/she is thinking about the GC version.

hotsauce6548

I love Half-Life, to be on topic. I saw Half-Life 2 at a friends and it was truly amazing. I need to buy it.

-AC

I guess because more people have PS2's... erm

Anyway, I would vote... I don't even know.

Victor Von Doom
RE4, no contest.

SaTsuJiN

-AC cuz if he's just recently purchasing something, I'm just stickin with the most current releases (even if Hl2 isnt exactly current).. plus ps2 RE does have those extras, correct?.. why would one do the injustice of purchasing something with less content for the same price?

if he posted this awhile ago I'd have posted the good n bad for cube

Jason420
I meant PS2 version

Gen. Chambers
I say Resident Evil 4

))TrAuMa((
Resident Evil 4 i think is the better choice.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Jason420
what should I get this weekend RE4 or HL2 for xbox?

RE4, HL2 is awesome but I feel the replay value is far more limited against the thrill of RE4... both are great games though... I'd suggest getting both in the long run.

hotsauce6548

§P0oONY
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I've also heard that Half Life 2 doesn't run very smoothly for the Xbox.

Does anybody know if it will come out for the 360?

It runs alright, it sometimes goes through little rough patches.... nothing major though.

Nah, It's not going to come out on the 360, it is on the backwards compatibility list though.

hotsauce6548

BackFire
I've also heard that HL2 runs fairly poorly on the Xbox.

I'd say go with RE4 just because it's a safer bet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.