-=- World's Longest Movie -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
Some 85 hours...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284020/

Nevermind
Sounds interesting to say the least...I would doubt a film that long could possibly be an good. I don't think you'd be able to get that in your local video store. I'd like to track it down though.

KillTheLight
I agree about it probably not being any good..I doubt any 85 hour movie called a cure for insomnia could serve any purpose other then what the title suggests..

Mando
Now that we are on the subject. before "We were soldiers" was edited, and cut; 875,000 feet of film was shot - roughly 150 hours. It took the editing team 6 days - day and night - to watch it all.

Directly from IMDB.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Mando
Now that we are on the subject. before "We were soldiers" was edited, and cut; 875,000 feet of film was shot - roughly 150 hours. It took the editing team 6 days - day and night - to watch it all.

Directly from IMDB.

Wow. Did they do that to see what parts woulf be better to use in the movie so they'd have a varied selection (that would be way over the top though), or were they actually thinking of making a movie that long (even though that would be ridiculous)?

Wolfie
Makes you wonder what they were thinking. Were they planning on a 6-disc DVD with 148 hrs of deleted scenes?

Mando
Originally posted by Nevermind
Wow. Did they do that to see what parts woulf be better to use in the movie so they'd have a varied selection (that would be way over the top though), or were they actually thinking of making a movie that long (even though that would be ridiculous)?

That isn't covered. But I would be lead to believe, that they tried getting all the information they wanted in a film, but went way overboard.

Solo
Well, The Cure for Insomnia sounds interesting. I'd like to purchase it, just to say I did.

Don't know if I'd ever have the time to watch it...

Koala MeatPie
The Next Longest Film is LAurence of Arabia 3hr 25 minutes.... I thought it would have been Ben Hur...

Myth
Thats not the next longest movie.

War and Peace was 5 hours and 11 minutes and there is a ton of movies between 2 hours 25 minutes and that.

MildPossession
What about films by Andy Warhol? Empire and Sleep are longggg.

And I forgot the name of someone elses film, but a film teacher I had once sat through the whole thing, the whole film was a camera looking at a window and SLOWLY moving towards it and then once it got to the window, the camera started to reverse. I'm sure it's quite long. Anyone know it?

ladygrim
good god 85hrs ...... i wonder if ne ones watched it aLl without sleeping .......

Thoma5
Originally posted by Mando

Directly from IMDB.

Wow that long like hell... Happy Dance

FistOfThe North
Roots

gladiator69
id say forest gump is the longest movie ive seen on one dvd or video

jockjanson
Watching Titanic felt like the longest movie ever for me!
*ducks*

Mando
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Roots

Behold the only thing greater than yourself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.