AOTC=rushed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
I think that AOTC doesn't really play a part in the story of Anakin because it doesn't show any mager arts of his life that turns him into Vader. The only part that links with OT 'cept the wedding which answers Luke's mother. It could atleast of had some of the clone wars storyline.

exanda kane
Erm. It wasnt rushed. It was just bad. Bad acting (however it is SW), too much reliance on CGI visuals and too much reliance on fan opinion (leaving a general audience bored).

And AotC has more to relevance than TPM!

xyz jedi
Originally posted by exanda kane
Erm. It wasnt rushed. It was just bad. Bad acting (however it is SW), too much reliance on CGI visuals and too much reliance on fan opinion (leaving a general audience bored).

And AotC has more to relevance than TPM! yeah TPM and ROTS are better than AOTC.

xyz jedi
AOTC had hardly any relation with TPM anyway.

exanda kane
No TMP is by far the worst. AotC was better.

My way to measure how good the PT was is by how any times you feel like kicking good ol' George in the testicles...

TPM - A few thousands kciks in the balls for Uncle George.
AoTC - A few hundred kicks.
RotS - 20 or so kicks in the balls.

ArthasKnight
My take on AOTC was that it had more to do with the development of the galaxy than Anakin. TPM revealed how Anakin came into the picture, AOTC set up the events that would shape Anakin, and ROTS showed the downfall because of those events.

PVS
TFM and AotC should have been one film. as a whole, disregarding the handful of cool scenes, they were a waste of time. two warts on the face of the saga.
its taken a long time for me to shed my denial and come to this realisation, but alas i must. ep1 sucked. ep2 sucked harder

exanda kane
hmm. Not in the sense of a good movie. Perhaps AotC was worse for the whole saga but it is a better movie by far in the sense that it's actually watchable unlike Ep1.

Jedi Priestess
Loved all 3 prequel films myself.

chinabing
TPM was fantastic and AOTC was spectacular. If you're going to complain about bad acting, might as well not watch the entire saga. They did not stink, got it? Movies that stink include "Chronicles of Riddick" and "Doom," those are truly terrible movies.

PVS
Originally posted by chinabing
TPM was fantastic and AOTC was spectacular. If you're going to complain about bad acting, might as well not watch the entire saga. They did not stink, got it? Movies that stink include "Chronicles of Riddick" and "Doom," those are truly terrible movies.

nowhere in my post did i say that everyone else should share my views.
its just the way i see it. got it?

exanda kane

sleep Oh hear we go again...

TPM and AOTC were both rubbish films with only small glimmers of what they are supposed to prequel. Complaining? No. I was just saying aloud the realisation that good acting in Star Wars is virtually non-exhistent. But then who would watch Star Wars for the acting anyway?

Lucas' inability to realise that the movie going audiences opinions of CGI were slowly changing caused his over reliance on the damn stuff. This in turn was the reason why TPM sucked. Having real actors that cannot act is better than having CGI actors that cannot act. When over relying on CGI Lucas seemed to neglect the script and narrative of both films, making them some of the most transcendent pieces of crap to ever grace cinemas. However they both seemed to make millions of dollars so I suppose the film does not have to be generally good to make money.

And as for 'Chronicles of Riddick' and 'Doom', I half expect them to be on your 'all-time favourite movies' list if you liked TPM and AOTC...

starwarsrules14
It wasn't rushed, actually it seemed rather slow to me, we never got anywhere. I personally love all three prequels, despite bad pacing.

JenR1215
blushing.... i luved them all. AOTC is the SW film that got me to love SW.

I liked it all lot better than TPM, bcuz TPM was just boring at the beginning. I da-no, I just couldnt get into the movie the 1st few times i saw it.

The only thing I hate out of Preguels is that damn DIALOG. the dialog KILLED the movies, to me.

OB1-adobe
This debate is sooooo 2002.

My defense:

ROTS "I won't lose you the way I lost my mother"

What movie is that qoute referring too?

SURVEY SAYS!

AOTC!

chinabing
And here we go again, too . . .

Everyone is entitled of course to his or her own views, I never said they weren't. But I'll disagree vehemently when people start talkin' smack about TPM and AOTC. In no way were they awful movies. Awful movies as I have explained before, are such as Riddick and Doom. Sure there are awkward moments in the first two prequels, and clunky dialogue. That doesn't mean they stink. I didn't say they were perfect, I said they don't stink. That is two different things.

The pod race in TPM was the most exciting piece of filmdom that year, besting anything in the GAP-commercial--sorry I mean "The Matrix." Then the final battles in the movie's climax, absolutely thrilling. And plenty of heart in the middle of the film. And AOTC was a more nuanced piece, but that's what it's supposed to do, show Anakin & Padme falling in love. Lucas became under fire for showing Anakin being awkward. Well, duh, the character was supposed to be awkward at love! And again, another spectacular climax, capping off AOTC's rollercoaster ride with the Yoda/Dooku battle. Just thrilling.

I don't know why people hate them so much, they must love hating things more just because it's easy to be cynical. I'm willing to take the good with the bad, and the good far outweighs the bad in TPM and AOTC.

exanda kane
Hmm. I think you are misunderstanding me here.

These films are bad. That is a fact. you can like them or dislike them as much as you like but nothing can beat the fact that Lucas wasted 6 or so years on both.

The Pod-racing scene is far from exhilarating. In fact when you see the little verson of Vader, scourge of the Jedi Order, in a race of which his future wife and two Jedi depend on him winning, you can expect him to win. Thus creating a tiresome scene that drags on and on in a formula spread too thinely in cinema already.

I have no problem with Anakin and Padme falling in love - but seriously it could have been orchestrated much better than this clunky attempt.

starwarsrules14
I must agree with chinabing, the prequels are in no way bad movies. They just have some not so good parts.

exanda kane
Then we have lost you to the ways of bad taste...

starwarsrules14
I am not saying that they are better than the OT, they don't even come close.

exanda kane
Originally posted by starwarsrules14
I must agree with chinabing, the prequels are in no way bad movies. They just have some not so good parts.

I will quote you this time. Then we have lost you to the ways of good taste.....
............and you cannot restore your reputation by acknowledging the OT as ledge xD

However I may add, Episode 3 is a good film. It suffers from the reprecussions of the first two Episodes though but it is much better than the rest of the PT. However Episode 3 is definetedly a stinker compared to the OT.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Loved all 3 prequel films myself.

Sith Master X
There's nothing wrong with the prequel films in my opinion. They just differ alot form the OT, and I think that's the main problem most people have. They don't like change, while others don't mind it as much. Personally, the prequels are my favorites.

exanda kane
Change? They were run with the exact same formula as the OT just not successfully. Lucas calls it 'rhyming' lol. He is plaguerising himself.

overlord
OMFG! I've seen episode 4 and 5 just the other day and I couldn't believe how freaking much better they were than the new SW movies. The whole Star Wars galaxy actually seemed natural for both the viewer and the characters, the lighting and way it was filmed was far superior for some reason, the tension and plot building is far better.
I can't believe what the hell Lucas did in with the prequels. It's like everything went wrong.

But of course.. It's Star Wars, it has lightsabers and special effects so everyone thinks there is nothing wrong. Sure it is still much better than all that other garbage Hollywood spews out, but damn.. It could've been so much better if they hadn't tried to smash in everything as fast as they could.

chinabing
The prequels are very good. Parts of them are excellent. There is no misunderstanding, you may hate them as much as you like, it doesn't change the fact that they are spectacular movies.

Why do you expect perfection? You're only going to be disappointed. Or are your standards so high that there's not a film alive that can hope to fulfill them?

Don't forget, the prequels also suffer from the fact that they ARE prequels. We know Anakin's going to go bad. That removes an enormous amount of drama from them. Seeing a prequel is unlike any other movie-going experience.

overlord
You don't even want to see my points, why is that anyway? You only saw the prequels didn't you?

And once again, I know they are better movies than most other hollywood garbage, but you people feel attacked apperantly.

Why do I expect perfection? Man, stfu. You have no idea what I wrote did you? I said they could've been a lot better.

Seeing a prequel is unlike any other movie-going experience.
Yeah, a prequel means you can just throw in everything all at once and people will have to think that's great.

exanda kane
The story of Anakin becoming Darth Vader should be one of the best stories ever told. However its clear that Lucas and cronies have gone sour under all the royalties they acquire.

It doesnt matter if you had expectations of the film, looking at these films objectively you can see how the quality has been lost.

darthmaul1
I would just like to say in my opinion the prequals are fine and very enjoyable to watch just as the originals.
I would also like to ask if any of you people that are complaining actually bought the DVD's of the prequals? Cause if you did then you have no right to complain of how they sucked,.

exanda kane
Got first two = waste of money. Still deciding on whether to buy RotS.

And your a maul fan? I apoligise for this but how lame...

chinabing
Oh please gimme a break, I don't feel attacked personally. The last thing anyone wants to read is a silly flame war.

There's not a movie in the world that could not have been made better.

And the old 'Lucas is just making movies to screw us and make money,' what a joke. Did somebody put a gun to your head and order you into the theater? Or did you willingly shell out money to see it?

The story of Anakin Skywalker's fall is one of the best stories ever told. I was in awe of pretty near every moment of eps I, II and III. I love all 6.

exanda kane
I'm sorry to single you out personally - still not an attack, oh well it might as well be now - but you have extremely bad sense of taste...

chinabing
My taste is excellent. Yours on the other hand . . .

moviefreak_173
I love Episode 2 it is one of my favorite. It tells a great story. Yeah it is a love story with a little action but who cares. I would prefer to have a love story with a little action over a movie with all action and know substance.

exanda kane
Originally posted by moviefreak_173
I love Episode 2 it is one of my favorite. It tells a great story. Yeah it is a love story with a little action but who cares. I would prefer to have a love story with a little action over a movie with all action and know substance.

True. I dont agree with the Episode 2 favourite. But true its prefered over a action film without substance. But Episode 2 is a love story with little subtsance to be honest.

Empire Strikes Back (ok, theres probably betterexamples outside of SW) is a great example of an action story(ok, adventure) with a great love (ok its limited but it works well).

ANd the guy who's name begins with a 'C' - i really cant be arsed to read it properly - go and watch top gun!

owned.purchased.destroyed

Sith Master X
Change? They were run with the exact same formula as the OT just not successfully. Lucas calls it 'rhyming' lol. He is plaguerising himself.

Just because a movie runs with the exact same formula doesn't necessarily make it like another film. Yes, the opening is the same, there's always a lightsaber duel, but I find episode 1, 2 and 3 to be alot different than the originals.

overlord
So only a few people agree that the prequels could easily have been better? Fine.. Still pretty weak. I suspect true prequel fanboyism or plain lack of insight.

queeq
No, the preuels are not great. I can appreciate TPM somewhat with ROTS out, but AOTC is such a redenundant movie all of a sudden. Nothing really happens in that film that has true ramifications for the saga. It's more like a very long stretched prologue to ROTS. The love scenes were crap and unbelievable. It had some good action, but it was all aimed at finding a guy called Syfo Dyas.... whom we never see or hear about. It brings a great Sith Lord in, Dooku, but his only purpose it to be gotten rid of early on in ROTS.... Weak weak weak.

chinabing
"Nothing Happens"? Basically the major plot point of Ep II was Anakin & Padme falling in love. That has great ramifications for the galaxy, as Anakin's love for Padme led him to the Dark Side, which led to the Jedi wipeout, which led to Anakin's maiming & padme's death and the twins separation and basically all of eps 4, 5 and 6! What more do you want?

The love scenes were a little clumsy at time, but believable. I liked the awkwardness of Anakin and the strong-will of Padme, because they both are true. Ask any woman if she's ever in life had to choose between career & love. Happens every day. And with all the death and destruction in ROTS, AOTC seems even more sweet.

I'll say it again, the prequels don't stink. They're wonderful movies. They're not perfect films without flaws. But they're spectacular.

overlord
Are you sure that at least AotC was spectacular?
Romantic scenes, and a lame climax instead of the war that was supposed to be going on doesn't really fit my definition of 'spectacular'.

queeq
No, spectacular is not the word.

I agree that the romance between Anakin and Padme is important, but their scenes are so crap and unromantic that it doesn't work as a romance. Even John williams great theme can't save the clumsiness of it all. Why an overly politically correct and super just senator would fall in love with a whiny, arrogant, complaining little brat like Anakin is beyond me. Add the horrible Shaak scene and the terrible fireplace scene and it all sucks.
The romance works only in one place: right before the ride into the arena to be executed. Well, for that brief moment I don't need a pointless film like AOTC.

chinabing
You're way off. Duh, the point was Anakin's clumsiness! He's an awkward kid around her, heck he dreamed about her every day. That doesn't make the movie bad, it means Anakin has issues. I liked the fireplace scene because the two characters finally talk about their feelings. I'm not saying it's the best scene ever made, but true dialogue doesn't snap, crackle and pop with sitcom-style zingers. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Again, how can you say the movie's pointless? Their romance spells doom for the republic, and their child helps save the galaxy in ep 6! Attack of the Clones is a pretty damn important movie.

exanda kane
People trying to defend the prequels please try and gain some insight into how films are made and then you may see how terribly wrong the PT went!

Canadadude
Originally posted by queeq
No, spectacular is not the word.

I agree that the romance between Anakin and Padme is important, but their scenes are so crap and unromantic that it doesn't work as a romance. Even John williams great theme can't save the clumsiness of it all. Why an overly politically correct and super just senator would fall in love with a whiny, arrogant, complaining little brat like Anakin is beyond me. Add the horrible Shaak scene and the terrible fireplace scene and it all sucks.
The romance works only in one place: right before the ride into the arena to be executed. Well, for that brief moment I don't need a pointless film like AOTC.

I agree, John Williams love theme for AOTC is amazing

starwarsrules14
The PT did not go terribly wrong, AotC shows us how Padme and Anakin got together, despite the ackwardness of it all, and how the Clone Wars began. I admit the pacing was not the best and it did seem to drag, but it was not horrible. It also shows us how lonely and miserable Padme really was before Annie, which helps us to understand RotS better. All in all, AotC was needed in the PT.

JenR1215
i dont think Padme was ever happy. Bcuz...

Ep1.. sumone tried to kill her.

Ep2:. sum tried to kill her. PLUS having to debate whether to given in to love or work.

Ep3: the one she love turns to the Dark Side and kills her. And she never got to her babies grow up.

AOTC was the only film where she ever laughed in. That's ONE reason why i cried so hard in ROTS. crying1

starwarsrules14
They make it clear that Padme was miserable before Anakin. She was a politician since the age of eight, which means she left her family at an early age, she really had nothing to live for except politics, how fun. In AotC we get to see how happy she becomes afterwards. Once more, AotC was needed in the PT.

exanda kane
The PT did not go terribly wrong, AotC shows us how Padme and Anakin got together, despite the ackwardness of it all, and how the Clone Wars began. I admit the pacing was not the best and it did seem to drag, but it was not horrible. It also shows us how lonely and miserable Padme really was before Annie, which helps us to understand RotS better. All in all, AotC was needed in the PT.

The PT did go horribly wrong. AotC shows us Padme and Anakin together in a clumsy situation that doesnt feel romantic anyway (think of Han and Leia in the Falcon?).

The pacing shot the film to pieces, both AotC and TPM to be honest.

And Padme doesnt seem miserbale. She eems in control and sure of herself. She was a sentaor with a lot of influence and a good reputation. Things were going rather well for her before Annie turns up in his puden-basin haircut...

starwarsrules14
"Her life before Anakin belonged to someone else, some lesser being to be pitied, some poor impoverished spirit who could never suspect how profoundly life should be lived."
Read the book...

JenR1215
They make it clear that Padme was miserable before Anakin. She was a politician since the age of eight, which means she left her family at an early age, she really had nothing to live for except politics, how fun. In AotC we get to see how happy she becomes afterwards. Once more, AotC was needed in the PT.
I know all that. I was just saying.

starwarsrules14
Originally posted by JenR1215
I know all that. I was just saying.

Wasn't singling you out, sorry if you took it that way.
Just trying to let others know that AotC was not a waste of time.

JenR1215
No! i didnt think that, lol

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by xyz jedi
I think that AOTC doesn't really play a part in the story of Anakin because it doesn't show any mager arts of his life that turns him into Vader. The only part that links with OT 'cept the wedding which answers Luke's mother. It could atleast of had some of the clone wars storyline.

It did play a part in Anakin's story.
1.) His mother died and that pulled him closer to the dark side.
2.) Wedding
3.) Start of the Clone War. Anakin's power increases a lot over the war and he falls closer to the dark side as well.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
It did play a part in Anakin's story.
1.) His mother died and that pulled him closer to the dark side.
2.) Wedding
3.) Start of the Clone War. Anakin's power increases a lot over the war and he falls closer to the dark side as well.

Your misundertsanding what people are saying. Sure, a few things happened in the PT but know one really cares what happens! Nothing draws you into the movie so you actually care what happens.

The only scene that mananges to do this in the whole PT is the Order 66 scene.

JenR1215
yeah, RotS was the film about him.

Eleonora
yeah TPM and ROTS are better than AOTC.

I disagree, completely. I loved all three but the one I watch the most among them is always AOTC.
ex I think you totally misunderstood (or just pretended) what Shadow said, which clearly points out how stupid this thread is.
There's not one single movie in this world that is not flawed, fanboys (I repeat, fanboys) were expecting a sort of "second coming of Jesus" (no offence, I'm Catholic), when in fact they got the prequels. Disappointing huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

exanda kane
im dissin PT fanboys fool. dont mess xD

"<3MON.THE.TESTES<3"

BAILY
My only complaint about the PT is the acting.. it is like watching robots... especially in the case of SLJ.. he sucked in ROTS.. he was at his coolest in AOTC... and AOTC was not rushed.... ROTS was rushed...lol...

overlord
Originally posted by Eleonora
I disagree, completely. I loved all three but the one I watch the most among them is always AOTC.
ex I think you totally misunderstood (or just pretended) what Shadow said, which clearly points out how stupid this thread is.
There's not one single movie in this world that is not flawed, fanboys (I repeat, fanboys) were expecting a sort of "second coming of Jesus" (no offence, I'm Catholic), when in fact they got the prequels. Disappointing huh? roll eyes (sarcastic) Everybody in the world expected interesting and decent movies. Now only the fans can stomach the first two movies. Fact is that people are dissapointed and I can see why although I'm a fan. (unless some people here)

starwarsrules14
Originally posted by BAILY
and AOTC was not rushed.... ROTS was rushed...lol...

RotS did seem rather rushed...

BAILY
RotS did seem rather rushed...

Well lets face it.... All three prequels were rushed..

And nice avy and sig... they put on a great concert when I saw them a year ago cool

JenR1215
I LOVE your sig, lol.

I love the colors.

moviefreak_173
ROS was rushed like hell! The first hour flowed great but after that its jumping from scene to scene so fast your watching one scene and trying to catch up on what just happened in the last scene! TPM and AOTC did not seem to have this problem. This is just what I think but I think letting Ben Burt edit the films was George Lucas's biggest mistake!

JenR1215
I feel that Ep.3 was missing sumthing. bcuz.. it just seems weird how he turned to the Dark Side. I thought like sum TRAGIC MOMENT would be his turning point.

But instead, it was Anakin who caused every tragedy in the movie.

overlord
Yeah, not that Lucas is such a bad story writer or something.. He just plain sucks at directing apperantly.

queeq
He's not a great actor's director. That is ultimately clear from all the footage we saw him directing.

And he has no great sense for romance either.

overlord
ESB had somewhat nice romance between Leia and Han though but of course that one wasn't really written by Lucas. stick out tongue

vader519
ESB was written by Lucas. All the movies were written by Lucas.

darthvader_fan
duh

exanda kane
Irvin Kersher is a decent director. He directed some film as well that was pretty decent. Nothing like Star Wars though...

xyz jedi
GL only directed ANH y'know.

But AOTC just didn't make sense?

TPM introduced Anakin, OB1, Palpatine, C3PO and R2 D2.

ROTS linked everything together Vader, The Emporer, EVERYTHING.

AOTC just introduced Luke n Leia's mother and the troopers, but I couldn't decided what the hell they were, or what side they're on.

It seamed to me that AOTC was in the middle between any mager events and was b-o-ring.

overlord
Originally posted by vader519
ESB was written by Lucas. All the movies were written by Lucas. You my dear sir are a fool who talks about stuff he doesn't know anything about. Something wich happens far too often around here.
Screenwriter Leigh Brackett wrote the first draft of ESB, when she passed away George Lucas engaged Lawrence Kasdan to finish the screenplay.. wich happened.

queeq
The story came from George Lucas though, but all the lovely intricacies and plot points and twists came from Brackett and Kasdan. They gave it the flavour we've come to love and so did Kershner's direction. If you check out films like The Eyes of Laura Mars, or Who's Killing the Great Chefs of Europe, you can only love this man (and forgive him his episode of Robocop. wink )

chinabing
A few more things I liked about AOTC: the feeling of anticipation of ep III at the surprise marriage at the end; seeing the clone troopers; Shmi's death scene, so horribly tragic; Anakin's slaugter of the sand people; him telling Padme about it, (still gives me chills); actually seeing that Anakin & Padme were in the Lars homestead where Luke grew up; re-uniting of the droids. As well as the aforementioned yoda/dooku battles and the start of the clone wars. I could go on and on about how muck I liked Attack of the Clones.

starwarsrules14
Attack of the Clones had really good moments, and it wasn't an awful move, but when you put it all together it is ackward.

xyz jedi
Attack of the Clones had really good moments, and it wasn't an awful move, but when you put it all together it is ackward. yes it was, it's like it wasn't even starwars. 'cept fo' the sith/jedi thing.

queeq
When it came out, I liked it better than TPM. But with ROTS I can't see the point of AOTC. That is my main dislike... it's not really about something. ESB demonstrates how much romance a movie can have with so few scenes, so we don't even need AOTC for that. It's redunancy is what bothers me most... and OB1's hairpiece... laughing out loud

overlord
The story came from George Lucas though, but all the lovely intricacies and plot points and twists came from Brackett and Kasdan. They gave it the flavour we've come to love and so did Kershner's direction. If you check out films like The Eyes of Laura Mars, or Who's Killing the Great Chefs of Europe, you can only love this man (and forgive him his episode of Robocop. wink ) Yeah, I know.
The guy I responded to took me too serious.. He immediately took his chance to shine.
He annoyed me. erm

queeq
It happens. Just ignore them.

xyz jedi
And clone wars was bad too.

the CW's was there because they made up AOTC as they went along and ran out of ideas half way through.
NO PLOT WHATSOEVER.
I mean come on.
Anyway, that's why I started this thread.

xyz jedi
queeq, your Avator scares me.

overlord
Yeah, well.. You have to be a certain age to join anyway so you can expect that kind of scary stuff here! fear

overlord
And clone wars was bad too.

the CW's was there because they made up AOTC as they went along and ran out of ideas half way through.
NO PLOT WHATSOEVER.
I mean come on.
Anyway, that's why I started this thread. I would have liked some extreme universal war though and the horrors of it though. I would accept the movie if something like that would have happened.

exanda kane
I mean wheres the effect on the real people?

xyz jedi
does anyone actually think AOTC is the best?

Just asking.

queeq
queeq, your Avator scares me.

Good... good.... fear leads to the Dark Side... gooooooodd.....

Sith Master X
does anyone actually think AOTC is the best?

Just asking.

Before ROTS came out, yes, I did think AOTC was the best.

Stun
The reason why I still love The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, is because i CARE about the characters. Many people love LOTR, but i personally cant stand it because i dont relate nor care about Frodo and Gandalflaughing out loud

queeq
I had a hard time caring fow whiny, arrogant Anakin in AOTC. I begna to like OB1, despite that awful giggle in the elevator.

xyz jedi
Good... good.... fear leads to the Dark Side... gooooooodd..... Are you calling me Darth Xyz now? Cause I'm not like that. Although I would like to do the lightning.

queeq
All you have to do is pledge yourself to my teachings.

overlord
Originally posted by Stun
The reason why I still love The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, is because i CARE about the characters. Many people love LOTR, but i personally cant stand it because i dont relate nor care about Frodo and Gandalflaughing out loud
I definately don't watch AotC for the characters, all that boring hero attitude of the jedi and that annoying screaming of Anakin don't make me want to watch it for that. (actually I relate more with Dooku)
I only still watch AotC for the somewhat interesting Geonosis scenes.
All other scenes are a little bit boring.

xyz jedi
All you have to do is pledge yourself to my teachings. you sith!

Also I wan't to say that dooku was gay. So no-one could beat him? WTF? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pathetic. Yet Ani beat him w/ ease and he wasn't a council member??? ROTS. AOTC is just a big disapointment for GL and I would kick him in the balls and tell him to do it again.

((The_Anomaly))
AOTC was a good movie. all the PT movies were good movies. I like AOTC and TPM better then ANH, its just a plain boring movie. the ONLY scene in ANH that is particularly good and interesting is Ben and Luke in Bens hut when he gives luke Anakin's lightsaber.

there is no arguing that that scene is HUGELY more interesting having watched the PT. When he says "yes I was once a Jedi knight the same as your father" you know he wasn't JUST a jedi knight. when they mention "general kenobi" it now means something. when he says "it was your fathers lightsaber, this is the weapon of a jedi night" it means something. The final confrontation between Ben and Vader, means something. even small lines like when Tarkin says "I just received word that the emperor has dissolved the senate permanently, all the elements of the old republic have been swept away" it means something.

theres so much in the PT that adds to the OT (which is the intended point of the PT) its rash and stupid to call any parts of the PT uselsss.

so maybe they wernt artistically as good as the OT, but I liked them, a lot, so i dont really care what anyone else says anyways.

chinabing
Right on, brother!

wolfpac1908
I don't think episode 2 wash rushed cause the ewolks were were primative

overlord
Too bad there wasn't an argument to why AotC is better than ANH in Anomaly's opinion. But at least Chinabing is happy. smile

xyz jedi
Originally posted by wolfpac1908
I don't think episode 2 wash rushed cause the ewolks were were primative what r u talking about?

AOTC was the worst.
Then ANH
Then TESB
Then TPM
Then ROTS and ROTJ are joint first.

Any questions?

xyz jedi
I thought not.

exanda kane
what r u talking about?

AOTC was the worst.
Then ANH
Then TESB
Then TPM
Then ROTS and ROTJ are joint first.

Any questions?

Oh my. What a warped view you have.

TPM by far the worst.
AotC a little better than TPM.
RotS much better than AotC.

ANH way better than any PT film.
RotJ better than ANH.
ESB simply the best. It has everything. Yo cant explain its beauty.

I spose whe people see that XYZ Jedi was the last post, think that the thread was been lost to noobism...

overlord

TPM by far the worst.

RotJ better than ANH.

I spose whe people see that XYZ Jedi was the last post, think that the thread was been lost to noobism... I don't even view threads with xyz as the last one to post anymore..

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by overlord
Too bad there wasn't an argument to why AotC is better than ANH in Anomaly's opinion. But at least Chinabing is happy. smile

actually there was one, ANH is a boring movie. I'm a SW fan and I have a hard time sitting through ANH now, especially after seeing the PT movies that have way more action then the OT movies. (and ANH is by far the most boring of all the SW movies)

the lightsaber fight, while interesting (more so now WITH the PT movies) is pitiful. (and you cant use the "obi-wan was old" crap because so was dooku and so was palpatine and they kicked ass. (and the lack of technology isnt REALLY an excuse either seeing as a lot of the PT fights had stunt doubles other then with Obi and Anakin) so they could have easily had a stunt double to spice things up a bit, I mean Obi was wearing his hood the whole time, which makes it easier to use a stunt double.

the death star trench scene, the climax of the movie, isnt very exciting either in comparison to the rest of the space battles.

the only thing i DO love about this movie is the scenes between Han and Leia, because they have such good chemistry on screen (and at this point its all sarcasm which is hilarious)

oh and it ties with TPM with having the worst ending of all the movies (i hate the celebration endings)

the scene that is good as i said is the Obi and Luke in Obi's hut. BECAUSE of the PT. before the PT it didnt really mean much, it was simply a scene to throw in some less then informative back round info. (other then the "a young jedi named darth vader..." part, which obviously had extreme relevance, but it also means more with the PT in place now.

AOTC was by far more exciting, the acting, I'll agree and say it is the worst acting of all 6 movies. but not so bad that I cant look past it. (ive seen far worse acting before)

the CG in AOTC does not bother me (if it bothers anyone then ROTS should bother you because the whole movie is basically CG)

AOTC was the first time we get to see Obi in a mentor position, and Anakin's arrogance. and the start of the Clone wars. and Yoda finally throws off his robes and kicks some ass.

AOTC isnt an amazing movie, bit IMO its far more exciting then ANH and TPM, not to mention it leads up to ROTS which is arguably the best of all 6 movies in my mind.

exanda kane
What! You dont like ANH?

I can't believe that! It's the social ritual in the Western World. You gotta love ANH!

You seem to be putting AotC on a pedastel above ANH because of some cheesy CGI graphics and flashy fights. The dialogue in ANH drives it along, complement by action; AotC is action complement by poor dialogue.

And the Trench Run is probably my favourite SW space battle - I still get horrible nausiea when I watch the zooming shot...

((The_Anomaly))
I didnt say i didnt like ANH, I said it was the most boring of all the SW movies.

I'm fully aware of the historical and nostalgia that ANH carries with it. but simply because the movie was the first and revolutionary does not make it automatically the best.

SW is an epic, and ANH is the least Epic of all the movies. SW is meant to be flashy, thats the point of it. the SW trilogy isnt a legend of cinema because of the dialogue (none of the movies have particularly good dialogue) what made SW is the flashy effects and the Epicness of the whole thing.

basically people who watch SW shouldn't be looking for an artsy movie with witty and creative dialogue. thats just not SW.

exanda kane
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I didnt say i didnt like ANH, I said it was the most boring of all the SW movies.

I'm fully aware of the historical and nostalgia that ANH carries with it. but simply because the movie was the first and revolutionary does not make it automatically the best.

SW is an epic, and ANH is the least Epic of all the movies. SW is meant to be flashy, thats the point of it. the SW trilogy isnt a legend of cinema because of the dialogue (none of the movies have particularly good dialogue) what made SW is the flashy effects and the Epicness of the whole thing.

basically people who watch SW shouldn't be looking for an artsy movie with witty and creative dialogue. thats just not SW.

SW was never flashy. The OT was believable (ANH in particular). It has always had innovative SFX but it was always used to complement a fun story.
ANH is a fun story in itself (even seperate from the entire saga) whereas the PT...=utter crap. By adding politics and an 'emotional' perspective (or as emotiuonal as GL can get) he took away the feeling of adventure that all the OT have.

GL's used future concept made sure of that, yes its only a minor visual code but it works, and I'm sure you understand that and, I'm sorry, but the trench run looks better than the ROtS Corucant Space Battle, apart from a few quick shots.

((The_Anomaly))
"SW was never flashy"

really? interesting, the point of SW and what made it popular WAS the flashy aspects of it. laser fire, lightsabers, space battles, that, at the time, looked more real then anything that the audience had ever seen before in cinema (or probably anywhere) the story was an adventure, yea, but it was meant to be an epic adventure. epic in terms of scope. the point was to push things that the audience had never seen before, thats what made it amazing. ask anyone who saw it in the 70's, they came home and were amazed at it. it looked amazing, and THATS what they talked about. only the hardcore peoples (like ourselves) analyzed the story and its contexts. the rest of the world loved star wars because it was fresh, new and finally looked "real" in the eyes of the audience.

before ANH (Star Wars at the time) no one would have ever dreamed of making something like the death star trench run, it just couldn't be done. then when people saw it it wowed them. the story of it all, while captivating (it would have to be in order for it to be so popular) was based around it being in a universe of spectacular things, things that were amazing to see and look at.

story's do not draw audiences, epic effects draw audiences. arguably great story keeps them, but the initial draw and love for SW was in the effects and flashiness of it all.

people who saw it in the theater for the first time left feeling blowen away, amazed at what they had seen. then after is when you really start to think about the story in detail and context, not before.

oh and to say that the Trench run "looks" better then the Coruscant battle is utter nonsense. thats like saying the lightsaber effects in ANH look better then in ROTS.

to say that just makes you look like a OT fanboy. sorry.

now i LOVE the OT too, but i also LOVE the PT, in context. you have to take the PT for what it is, not in comparison to the OT, which is what you are doing.

DiamondBullets
AOTC was by far more exciting, the acting, I'll agree and say it is the worst acting of all 6 movies. but not so bad that I cant look past it. (ive seen far worse acting before)

Straight up! Attack of the Clones and The Fast and the Furious had that in common--> they were visually appealing action flicks with sorry-ass dialogue and acting reminescent of a junior high play.

chinabing
Why does this thread go on? Why can't you love all 6 movies? Why must you compare them? Why must you diss the OT or the PT? Why must you say "This" is better than "This, this and this"? It's like pitting brother against brother! Star Wars dialogue has always been hokey, so what, it's in every single film. It's wonderfully hokey! Get some joy in your life man!

queeq
Why not discuss the quality of SW films? Otherwise, we might as well say: why argue in general which film is better than the other. Let's just say all movies in the history of the world are great and we love them all. And while we're at it, let's stop communicating at all. That'll solve a lot of problems.

Stun
every movie means something different to everyone. The reason i love TPM and the AOTC is because the movies have characters i generally care about

queeq
Frankly, I find that amazing. Good for you, don't get me wrong, but I am amazed.

exanda kane
Yes lol...amazed.

And Star Wars was never flashy in the context I am referring to. Films that focus on 'flashiness' above quality like The Legend Of Zorro and other crap America spits out these days...Star Wars had more than that. Yet the PT has fit into the mold of modern Hollywood films; crap.

xyz jedi

TPM by far the worst.

RotJ better than ANH.

I spose whe people see that XYZ Jedi was the last post, think that the thread was been lost to noobism... cause you joined. AOTC was b-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ring!
ther was NO plot. If OB1 defeated dooku, then Ani could of felt that OB1 didn't trust him or something like that. Or if dooku hurt Padme, there could of been some passion. But GL just wasn't thinking at the time.

TPM was good.

You only like AOTC cause it's PT and they're great wa wa wa.

xyz jedi
SW was never flashy. The OT was believable (ANH in particular). It has always had innovative SFX but it was always used to complement a fun story.
ANH is a fun story in itself (even seperate from the entire saga) whereas the PT...=utter crap. By adding politics and an 'emotional' perspective (or as emotiuonal as GL can get) he took away the feeling of adventure that all the OT have.

GL's used future concept made sure of that, yes its only a minor visual code but it works, and I'm sure you understand that and, I'm sorry, but the trench run looks better than the ROtS Corucant Space Battle, apart from a few quick shots. hey yeah!

xyz jedi
Why does this thread go on? Why can't you love all 6 movies? Why must you compare them? Why must you diss the OT or the PT? Why must you say "This" is better than "This, this and this"? It's like pitting brother against brother! Star Wars dialogue has always been hokey, so what, it's in every single film. It's wonderfully hokey! Get some joy in your life man! I saw something like that on SS.
Some Guy: Which film is your fave?
So called GL: They're like my children. I love them equally. but if I had to pick a favourite, ROTS cause it shows how Ani turned to Vader.
Exactly what he said.

((The_Anomaly))
Yes lol...amazed.

And Star Wars was never flashy in the context I am referring to. Films that focus on 'flashiness' above quality like The Legend Of Zorro and other crap America spits out these days...Star Wars had more than that. Yet the PT has fit into the mold of modern Hollywood films; crap.

the PT still has more then just flashiness, but its more flashy and action packed then the OT (in some parts)

now the whole SW saga has its moments. I still regard the Battle of Endor in ROTJ as the best space battle for action of all 6 films. as well, i still regard the battle of hoth as one of the best battles in all 6 movies.

(ROTJ is my fav SW movie BTW)

there's so much from both trilogies that I love, but one thing that I hate is the fact that we differentiate between the OT and the PT, it should just be the Star Wars Saga and thats all. its one story, a story about the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

the very fact that we are all here talking about it means that we all love it in one way or another, and thats good enough.

exanda kane
It should be...

But there is a wide gap between the movies and some people, like me for instance, cant stand it. And because I'm one of these 'people' I can't look at them as one saga because their is a HUGE schism in the quality and sense of adventure. If I could have my way I would have prefered that the PT had never been made.

((The_Anomaly))
yet you have a picture of a clone trooper as you avatar..lol

exanda kane
From the Order 66 scene naturally. Only scene in the PT with any hint of brilliance.

((The_Anomaly))
thats not from the order 66 scene, its a wallpaper from SW.com

exanda kane
I gathered it wasnt from the scene. Maybe you lack the ability to make a inference into what I was saying. It is a 501st trooper from the Order 66 scene. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME NOW?

((The_Anomaly))
wow, dont get your panties in a bunch there pal. there's no use for yelling.

basically heres how it works. some people love the OT and hate the PT and some people love both.

your not going to convince any of us who do like the PT to not like it, so dont bother trying.

you seem however to be unable to look at everything as a whole and not compare the PT to the OT. which is a shame, because they are supposed to be different, different characters (for the most part) at a different time, as well a different generation of movie goers. the OT is a classic and will be loved for ever, and the PT was an amazing trilogy that showed the darker more serious side to SW, politics, the sith, lightsaber fights that dont suck. it also showed us why the jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice, and how they fell. most importantly it showed us how a young innocent boy turned into the evil killing machine the world loves.

you may hate it, but I dont, and your not going to convince me of anything else, nor will you convince anyone else who loves the PT.

so just give it a rest

exanda kane
cant be bothered to read the post but as you didnt understand i was speaking you as if you were deaf or incredibly senile - which you seem to be to be honest. no offence.

((The_Anomaly))
you missed a word in your sentence

"but as you didnt understand i was speaking you as if you were"

?

at any rate your refusing to even listen to what I have to say means i will give equal respect to what you have to say. I dont have time to listen to noobs who are so single minded that they refuse to even read what other people have to say.

overlord
A New Hope was a pretty good and interesting movie in my opinion. smile

The Tantive V (or whatever) scene was good directing on GL's part.
And as the first glance of Vader it was done perfectly with him entering the ship, picking up a guy with one hand and shaking him to death and even without poor acting.

The death star scenes were good directed with great acting of Leia, Luke and Han screaming at each other in the trash compactor.
The first glimpse to the dark side couldn't have been better with the 'Force' choke, that part was absolutely genius.

The plot and climax were pretty original and good too.

Of course a lot was spoiled by the other movies with suddenly focusing on the flashier aspects of the SW universe like the duels but as ANH is the most 'star wars' as in battle in space as main focus it is actually a very good script. (although the rough draft was the best)
And especially the acting is good in that movie.. The characters portrayed by the actors seemed really natural in the SW galaxy.. Something wich was hardly the case in the PT.
But I think it's wrong to compare ANH with the prequels as the prequels mainly have the constant special effects going for them.

But as for AotC.. That movies whole plot is just a little off.. And caring about characters never really held me busy with boring people like Obi Wan.

I only watch it because it looks nice and is Star Wars.

xyz jedi

And as the first glance of Vader it was done perfectly with him entering the ship, picking up a guy with one hand and shaking him to death and even without poor acting.

The death star scenes were good directed with great acting of Leia, Luke and Han screaming at each other in the trash compactor.
The first glimpse to the dark side couldn't have been better with the 'Force' choke, that part was absolutely genius.

Of course a lot was spoiled by the other movies with suddenly focusing on the flashier aspects of the SW universe like the duels but as ANH is the most 'star wars' as in battle in space as main focus it is actually a very good script. (although the rough draft was the best)
And especially the acting is good in that movie.. The characters portrayed by the actors seemed really natural in the SW galaxy.. Something wich was hardly the case in the PT.
But I think it's wrong to compare ANH with the prequels as the prequels mainly have the constant special effects going for them.

But as for AotC.. That movies whole plot is just a little off.. And caring about characters never really held me busy with boring people like Obi Wan.

I only watch it because it looks nice and is Star Wars. true true. That's why I watched it. But only once. And I saw ROTS once but that's new.

The ending of AOTC just didn't make sence. The wedding was 2 seconds long then end credits. I was like WTF? What about the clone troopers and Count Dooku and all that? I didn't watch CW cause I don't like cartoons based on real movies.

I h8 AOTC! There.

overlord
I like AotC but it must be clear that it is a bit poorly written.
But I sure like fighting at Geonosis in GB-II though!

xyz jedi
poorly written indeed.

chinabing
So what? There's bad dialogue in every Star Wars movie, and there's excellent dialogue in every Star Wars movie. Why not give Lucas credit for when he writes the good stuff too? But no, you have more fun being Mr. Negative, always harranging on the clunky dialogue. I keep forgetting everything has to be perfect in your world.

overlord
So what? There's bad dialogue in every Star Wars movie, and there's excellent dialogue in every Star Wars movie. Why not give Lucas credit for when he writes the good stuff too? But no, you have more fun being Mr. Negative, always harranging on the clunky dialogue. I keep forgetting everything has to be perfect in your world. You again? Go cry somewhere else about criticism.
This is a thread, we are here to discuss topics (though pretty stupid ones most of the time). I've said it a thousand times, I don't really have problems with the movies, I just happen to think some could've been better and I state the arguments.

Why don't you go ask whether you can be moderator so you can close discussions where negative opinions shine through.
Or just get over it.

xyz jedi
You again? Go cry somewhere else about criticism.
This is a thread, we are here to discuss topics (though pretty stupid ones most of the time). I've said it a thousand times, I don't really have problems with the movies, I just happen to think some could've been better and I state the arguments.

Why don't you go ask whether you can be moderator so you can close discussions where negative opinions shine through.
Or just get over it. chinabing got told laughing out loud

chinabing
Oh ya, being told to "get over it." Now there's some sparkling debate!
roll eyes (sarcastic)

overlord
chinabing got told laughing out loud Please don't say stuff like "high five!", it will annoy Chinabing and then we'll never settle this.

EDIT: Goddamned, see, xyz?! stick out tongue

darthvader_fan
ok how bout "peace out homie"

xyz jedi
how bout "BACK ON TOPIC!" aotc was a bad film and should be redone.

darthvader_fan
except for Revenge of the Sith

dont change that movie it was good

overlord
how bout "BACK ON TOPIC!" aotc was a bad film and should be redone. I'm not a big fan of redoing finished movies.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
except for Revenge of the Sith

dont change that movie it was good yeah but AOTC wasn't

darthvader_fan
i know i think they made it a little too fast

xyz jedi
A little????????????? Try a lot. IT WAS RUSHED. AOTC=rushed.

darthvader_fan
yea i know thats the name of the forum

((The_Anomaly))

I only watch it because it looks nice and is Star Wars.

I agree with everything you said.

but in the 70's everything about ANH was flashy, it was amazing. today its not flashy at all and in comparison to the other SW movies its boring. i already said that the dialogue between han and leia in ANH is possibly the best written in the whole saga, it makes me laugh every time.

I'm not saying that ANH is a bad movie, if taken for simply artistic and cinematic value its probably the best (next to ESB) maybe even better. Its a great movie, no doubt about it.

but after getting used to the other 5 movies and the action of them ANH seems boring and slow.

this is my opinion obviously, but im not saying in any way that ANH is bad, its genius, if it hadn't been then we wouldn't have had SW movies being made for the past 30 years (with a 20 year gap) lol

xyz jedi
yeah, ANH good AOTC bad.

Stun
last time i expressed my freedom of speech i got wrongfully accused by some freak for having an opinion. Let's hope it doesnt happen again!

i disagree to the above commentwink - see? nice as you likesmile

not to mention ANH is the best movie ever made

xyz jedi
what?

xyz jedi
my time is 12:18. NY time must be about 7:18 oh. LA time must be about 4:18 oh. oh shitshit. down

Stun
what?

just read the post lol. It was a comment i had from another member

xyz jedi
oh yeah. I think I know why some people think TPM was bad like AOTC, JarJar, and lack of Vader.

exanda kane
you missed a word in your sentence

"but as you didnt understand i was speaking you as if you were"

?

at any rate your refusing to even listen to what I have to say means i will give equal respect to what you have to say. I dont have time to listen to noobs who are so single minded that they refuse to even read what other people have to say.

I enjoy the dramatic irony here rolling on floor laughing

xyz jedi
lol rolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughing
rolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>