Spider-man vs Kingpin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

samishe
Spidey is a superhero (Class 10), Kingpin is a normal (very strong) human. Why then spidey often gets his ass kicked when they fight?

thesilverspider
cause spiderman holds back

Ultimate Rage
bear hug....

jgiant
Kingpin kicks spideys ass because he is a fat ass...end of story...

wannabe
Plot device!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thesilverspider
Originally posted by jgiant
Kingpin kicks spideys ass because he is a fat ass...end of story...

kingpin is brolic that aint fat thats all muscle and he is a skilled brawler.spiderman is going all out on a human he pulls all his punches

jgiant
"Spiderman is going all out on a human he pulls all his punches"
?

thesilverspider
Originally posted by jgiant
"Spiderman is going all out on a human he pulls all his punches"
?

spiderman is not going all out on a human he pulls his punches

no one likes a smart ass mad

jgiant
Who is a smart ass?

Scoobless
Originally posted by samishe
Spidey is a superhero (Class 10), Kingpin is a normal (very strong) human. Why then spidey often gets his ass kicked when they fight?

stupid writers... they make a character who can throw a car and punch through walls ... but he can't punch out a large man who has no super-powers?.... idiots!

yes

Arahan
Actually Spidey is Class 15 smile

Cant wait to see his new powers....

who?-kid
Originally posted by samishe
Erm... you know, in most cases (they haven't fought much) Spider-Man kicks Kingpin around, not the other way around.

AND Spider-Man holds back a lot. Especially with non powered humans.

And when was the last time they fought ? Correct me if I am mistaken, but isn't it at least 25 years ago ?

Talk about water under the bridge lol.

samishe
Originally posted by Arahan
Actually Spidey is Class 15

Since when?

Arahan
Didnt you read the hole Transform into a giant spider, give birth to myself" story?

Spidey gets transformed into a giant spider by lunatic woman called queen. Then the spider dies and out of the womb peter parker appears.

A really stupid story but since then he can lift 15 tons, got organic webbing, insect telepathy and a little better reflexes.

In the new Arc: Evolve or Die he will get again new powers and a new costume.

who?-kid
Didnt you read the hole Transform into a giant spider, give birth to myself" story?

Spidey gets transformed into a giant spider by lunatic woman called queen. Then the spider dies and out of the womb peter parker appears.

A really stupid story but since then he can lift 15 tons, got organic webbing, insect telepathy and a little better reflexes.

In the new Arc: Evolve or Die he will get again new powers and a new costume.
He doesn't need all those upgrades imo. He was fine the way he was.

Never change a winning team...

Arahan
Upgrades arent that bad, dont forget when Spidey was created he was just a Class 1-2. Over the years he got stronger.

It wouldnt be that bad when Spidey gets some USEFUL upgrades.
Not organic webbing or insect telepathy.

who?-kid
Upgrades arent that bad, dont forget when Spidey was created he was just a Class 1-2. Over the years he got stronger.

It wouldnt be that bad when Spidey gets some USEFUL upgrades.
Not organic webbing or insect telepathy.
I don't mind change, but he's changing VERY fast these days. And we're talking about somebody who was for almost 40 years the same character.

Joins New Avengers, his secret identity isn't secret anymore, communicates with insects, better reflexes, has organic webbing, moves to the Stark tower, is class 15 and a will probably have new suit and a fake eye ?

What's next ? A sex change ? A herald of Galactus ? True Wielder of Mjolnir ?

Arahan
Originally posted by who?-kid
I don't mind change, but he's changing VERY fast these days. And we're talking about somebody who was for almost 40 years the same character.

Joins New Avengers, his secret identity isn't secret anymore, communicates with insects, better reflexes, has organic webbing, moves to the Stark tower, is class 15 and a will probably have new suit and a fake eye ?

What's next ? A sex change ? A herald of Galactus ? True Wielder of Mjolnir ?

Sex change? No please, we have enough Spidergirls-women.

true he wasnt changed for 40 years and then suddenly *bang.

Some changes are really stupid. But on the other side iam looking forward to his new powers and costume. but the fake eye thing is gaga.

MuffinmanMike
Spidey hasn't really changed MUCH over 40 years. It's not like he's ever gained new powers that they don't kinda shuffle under the rug.

Scoobless
Originally posted by who?-kid
Joins New Avengers, his secret identity isn't secret anymore, communicates with insects, better reflexes, has organic webbing

every writer of the SM stories seems to be ignoring those changes anyway..... any of you read a comic yet where Spidey talks to an insect?

the only thing tht's even mentioned is the new webbing

grey fox
I don't even know WHY they gave him the organic webbing , considering that a large chunk of moviegoers hated it ?

samishe
I heard that in ultimate version spider is much weaker and can lift only 2 tons. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.