Darth Vader: retarted?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
Darth vader has 80% of sidious' power in the force. that means that he is stronger in the force then with a saber (in esb luke got a good hit on his armor and in ROTJ luke cut his arm off). why did he use a saber rather then kill obi in anh with a force crush? it makes no sense.

exanda kane
you have a weird view of the Force mate...

Darth Avis
how so?

Ianus
Uh, the title of this thread is offensive, the topic is pointless, and Obi-Wan is not gonna sit still while Vader uses a Force power he's never used before to crush him.

Darth Avis
it is offensive to a fake movie character. Maybe not crush, but something. choke, push, choke, saber throw?

Illustrious
That's because 80% is some arbitrary number GL assigned. And Obi-Wan defenses aren't exactly pitiful.

And what is "retarted"?

Ianus
It's being a tart again. I had no idea Vader was like that.

exanda kane
Yet again we see punctuation is at a loss with the youth of today. The opening post of this thread for example...

overlord
Vader was said to be the best pilot in the galaxy yet Han Solo owned him in ANH! But retarted or retarded? Every character gets owned in Star Wars once in a while, it's a law. Only Obi Wan managed to escape the vicious circle perhaps.. Don't know.

Darth Faunus
Obi-Wan gets owned by Dooku. Twice.

Ianus
And the second time was pretty badly, too. I wonder how he can walk right after that battle. Then he kicks Grievous' shin and still can move? WTF...

Darth Faunus
And he kicks him with a leg that'd had a balcony dropped on it a few days ago, too.

Ianus
Yeah, Obi probably has fake legs.

Darth Avis
somethings in star wars are retarded (yes i think i have it. that was the first time i EVER used it in writing, ever.).

overlord
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Obi-Wan gets owned by Dooku. Twice. Oh yeah.. So I guess my little theory is correct..

Darth Avis
no clone trooper A/54-d never lost.

Darth Faunus
He got blown up on the Death Star.

Darth Avis
damb!

Master Naresh
anakin was owned by obi wan once ,and vader ain't a retard this is pointless

Darth Avis
jesus

Darth vader has 80% of sidious' power in the force. that means that he is stronger in the force then with a saber (in esb luke got a good hit on his armor and in ROTJ luke cut his arm off). why did he use a saber rather then kill obi in anh with a force crush? it makes no sense.

That is what this is about. How come vader doesnt use the force, rather he uses a saber. also add punctuation.

Ianus
Quit using that arbitrary power level people. Jesus.

"I'm 80% of Shaq!"

Wow... that means nothing!

Darth Avis
actually it means alot. If he is 80% of sids in the force that means he is very powerful in the force.

Ianus
It means ****all, because things like that are exact numbers. Video games have number stats, not real time action movies.

Darth Avis
huh? just because you cant see the stats doesnt mean they are not there. Lucas said it so it must be true. Or are you arguing the creator of star wars's words?

Ianus
No, I'm arguing your interpretation of his words.

Master Naresh
Originally posted by Darth Avis
jesus

That is what this is about. How come vader doesnt use the force, rather he uses a saber. also add punctuation.

HE LOST ALL HIS LIMBS HE HAD ONLY 5% of his power left!

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Ianus
No, I'm arguing your interpretation of his words. wait, i misinterpreted them? who are they said then?

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Master Naresh
HE LOST ALL HIS LIMBS HE HAD ONLY 5% of his power left! that is the biggest piece of bullshit on a stick, burned in mount doom and cooled off in dog crap i've ever heard!

Ianus
It's Force potential, not whupass level.

Captain REX
I agree with Janus. You don't measure their abilities in levels, numbers, figures, kill counts, death counts, etc.

Ianus
Headshot!

Boba Fett is now a Level 56 Bounty Hunter/ Rogue / Bad Guy who looks like a Ghostbuster reject!

Tangible God
Headshot!

Boba Fett is now a Level 56 Bounty Hunter/ Rogue / Bad Guy who looks like a Ghostbuster reject! Nana na na na......nana lana nana...nana na na...nana lana nana....

Decay
i think saying he was 80% as strong as sidious holds up anywhere. if you could bench press 100 kilos and i could bench press 80, id have 80% your strength, in bench pressing power anyway. so say sidious can lift 100 kilos with the force, vader can lift 80. sidious forsees 100 days into the future, vader sees 80 etc. if they got into a fight you wouldnt be able to tell any exacts like that, but testing could give you a fairly accurate figure, and seeing that george lucas knows all there is to know about star wars if he said 80 its 80. ive never heard him saying it and i dont even know if he did, but if he did it must be true.

Ianus
Those are exact numbers. GL was talking Force potential. How do you measure something that is intangible?

Decay
by inventing the characters, the universe the characters are in and the intangable force in question. realistically the only way to measure something intangable is the tangable effect it has on reality. the closest you could come to measuring force ability is to what degree the force user has on their environment. you can measure weight and duration. for all practical purposes vader is 80% of sidious.

Ianus
Show me instances of Vader and Sidious' Force use and then show me clear atributes that can be categorized, numbered, and then relate to me exactly how Vader is 80% of Sidious.... without refering to GL's single quote.

Tangible God
Those are exact numbers. GL was talking Force potential. How do you measure something that is intangible? I can do it.

(whipsers hoarsely) *read my name.*

Master Naresh
Originally posted by Darth Avis
that is the biggest piece of bullshit on a stick, burned in mount doom and cooled off in dog crap i've ever heard!

hell , no remember his something was high when qui gon tested him for force potential,and thats how much of the fore u can grasp, when u lost all his limbs and most bodliy functions the something decreased therefore losing his power dog shit Happy Dance

Master Naresh
tangible god u have an awesome siggy

Decay
or i could refer to the fact that anything george lucas says is cannon.

exanda kane
George Lucas is a fat turkey neck. thats canon for you!

Decay
i just looked it up. it was aparantly an interview in rolling stone magazine, lucas said vader was 80% of sidious, without the injuries hed have been twice as powerful as sidious, and luke is as powerful as vader, and has the potential to be twice as powerful as the emperor. i think he said it to show us how far anakin fell when he turned to the dark side and how much he lost. i dont think he inteded it to be picked apart by fans demanding exact references to when this was proven to be true. if your going to say that something lucas said then you could dispute the movies as being canon as their made by lucas, who now aparantly doesnt have a say in the star wars universe. for me at least, unless he says otherwise, its canon.

Ianus
What the exact wording?

bobcrickett
Originally posted by exanda kane
George Lucas is a fat turkey neck. thats canon for you!

Hurray for childish retorts again.

I might hunt down the article just to make everyone be quiet. stick out tongue

Ianus
Please? I wanna know. I don't subscribe to Vanity Fair. Bad for my image.

Decay
just look up vader in wikipedia, it has it in there. ive never read it either but its constantly refered to.

DiamondBullets
How do you measure something that is intangible?

Midi-Chlorians

Darth Avis
Show me instances of Vader and Sidious' Force use and then show me clear atributes that can be categorized, numbered, and then relate to me exactly how Vader is 80% of Sidious.... without refering to GL's single quote. sids threw pods like he gets paid for it. vader, in esb, threw machines around as if he gets piad for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.