Superman Returns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
New game of Superman coming out and they are putting so much money in making it to try and break the curse of crappy superman games...discuss.

TwisterGameX
When you damage the city it stays like that through the game..you could pick up things as big as buldings!!!

SnakeEyes
I saw a preview of it in a magazine. It looks absolutely amazing. The city is HUGE. I really mean it too. I'm not exaggerating. Hopefully it will have good gameplay/storyline as well, because I've got high hopes for it.

Ultimate Hulk43
It's going to come on on the Xbox 360 so it better have good gameplay,we've already seen the graphics,at least I have.It's not going to be out on the PS3 and Nintendo Revolution though,only the current generation consoles and the 360.

TwisterGameX
Yeah how does that work..on it being on 360...

hotsauce6548
Can't wait. big grin

The best part is it is being developed for the 360 primarily, instead of being a port from a current gen system. yes

mattador
Ahhh, another licenced title. I hope it does Supes justice....ah what am I saying, of course it won't cry

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by mattador
Ahhh, another licenced title. I hope it does Supes justice....ah what am I saying, of course it won't cry

Have you seen or read anything about this game?

I think it'll do just fine. wink

Ultimate Hulk43
If I find the pics for the game,I'll post them,they're outstanding.This game will do Superman justice,they've put ALOT of work into this game.

TwisterGameX
I know this one is suppose to be good, or decent at the least.

Ultimate Hulk43
They have plenty of time to work on it seeing as how it comes out next summer.

Delta 62
Can't wait for this either. Totally psyched about it.

TwisterGameX
This summer or next summer...next summer is way to long because superman the movie comes out in june.

Ultimate Hulk43
That's when it comes out,June along with the Superman Returns movie,that's what I said.

TwisterGameX
Oh well I want this game bad and i wish i had a 360 to make it better.

Ultimate Hulk43
I don't have a 360 either and the people who didn't get one will have to wait until January as that's when the new shipments come in.

John Bak'or
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I saw a preview of it in a magazine. It looks absolutely amazing. The city is HUGE. I really mean it too. I'm not exaggerating. Hopefully it will have good gameplay/storyline as well, because I've got high hopes for it.
what mag?? i wanna see this game so bad sad
(sorry this post is a tad late)

John Bak'or
no answer hmm better get this thread back off the ground. ive read the preview from ign and this game sounds awsome as hell!!! who do u think will be the major bosses (apart from metallo)?

Draco69
I'm VERY skeptical of this game. (Why? Twenty years of sucking, that's why) It looks very good (took SO long to find screenshots...) and I have high hopes for the game. But again after so many bad Superman games I have to be skeptical...

Superherovandal
I really hopes it comes for PC... and its realistic with threats like Gen Zod and Doomsday and Darkseid. and maybe even Gog. But i say at least make it with some goodies like maybe you after can play as Darkseid. that would be so awesome just OB losers. OR Zod.

John Bak'or
Originally posted by Draco69
I'm VERY skeptical of this game. (Why? Twenty years of sucking, that's why) It looks very good (took SO long to find screenshots...) and I have high hopes for the game. But again after so many bad Superman games I have to be skeptical...

so sad sad . read the ign preview for supes.
tell me where you found the pics plzwink

CrazyEyes
I'm actually looking forward to this game due to how much praise the film has already got in magazines and other media. I'd personally like it to be like Spider-Man 2 where you can fly around the city, stop crimes and save the day, but what I'd like is for the city to actaully be 'organic', meaning that you can punch through walls and buildings, and they stay the same throughout. For the bosses, I'd like Metallo, Braniac, Maxima and Bizarro, villains who could actually give him a run for his money. The Eradicator would also be good, along with Doomsday, but that would not work as you couldn't have the main character dying.

Ultimate Hulk43
Metallo is in the game and it is free roam and villains pop up often and you don't fight ordinary criminals all the time.Also,ordinary criminals can't hurt you and if you fail you don't die,the city is just destroyed or something like that.

John Bak'or
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Metallo is in the game and it is free roam and villains pop up often and you don't fight ordinary criminals all the time.Also,ordinary criminals can't hurt you and if you fail you don't die,the city is just destroyed or something like that.

yep thats it. apparently when u first meet metallo hes only 15ft but because of his ability of absorb metal to his skin he gets much larger. BTW what u think the controls will be on this game (its cumming out on pc, cube, ps2, xbox and xbox360)?? and WHERE do you finds pics?? plz tell me

John Bak'or
good news everyone ("oh crap" says bender) i found the pics here on this link http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/gallery/games.php
they are on the bottom 2 rows

Superherovandal
if it comes out for pc i am sooo getting it.

Ultimate Hulk43
It's not coming out for PC.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by John Bak'or
yep thats it. apparently when u first meet metallo hes only 15ft but because of his ability of absorb metal to his skin he gets much larger. BTW what u think the controls will be on this game (its cumming out on pc, cube, ps2, xbox and xbox360)?? and WHERE do you finds pics?? plz tell me

It's coming out on Gamecube,Playstation 2,Xbox and Xbox 360.

John Bak'or
It's coming out on Gamecube,Playstation 2,Xbox and Xbox 360.
its on pc i checked at gamespot. definatly pc

Ultimate Hulk43
I heard that it wasn't going to be on PC.Doesn't matter.

This might be the best superhero game ever,especially if it can top Incredible Hulk:Ultimate Destruction.

John Bak'or
I heard that it wasn't going to be on PC.Doesn't matter.

This might be the best superhero game ever,especially if it can top Incredible Hulk:Ultimate Destruction.
hulk ud was awsome but in this one ur gonna fly at 800 mph and pick up building sized obelisks. cant wait the suspense is killing me!!! this games gonna rock!!!! Happy Dance big grin

Ultimate Hulk43
I hope that story mode isn't short.Almost all great games fall prey to short story lines.

John Bak'or
with a city this f***ing huge i seriously doubt it.
now CONTROLS people WHAT will they be (again its on PC, PS2, XBOX, CUBE & XOBOX 360) think about it

Ast
The only thing that bpthers me about this game, is that its done by the people who make Madden. blink

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Ast
The only thing that bpthers me about this game, is that its done by the people who make Madden. blink

That is kind of strange. erm

Boris
I'd be temped to get a 360 just for this game...

Ast
I hope that story mode isn't short.Almost all great games fall prey to short story lines.

Since its following the movie, its almost certain to be short. sad

John Bak'or
Originally posted by Ast
Since its following the movie, its almost certain to be short. sad
its not just following the movie its also following the comics loosly intertwined with the plot this city is huge in the game over 10000 buildings do u honestly think that EA is gonna let that potential go to waste??? and BTW boris u dont need to get the 360 to get this game. and when i ask for controls plz talk about controls

Ast
Originally posted by John Bak'or
its not just following the movie its also following the comics loosly intertwined with the plot this city is huge in the game over 10000 buildings do u honestly think that EA is gonna let that potential go to waste??? and BTW boris u dont need to get the 360 to get this game. and when i ask for controls plz talk about controls

Just look at other movie based comic book games like Spiderman 2 and Batman Begins, since they follow the story of the movie they dont last that long. I know EA will include all kinds of side stuff, lets just hope its better than Spiderman 2.

I just cant wait to fly. stick out tongue

John Bak'or
hmm i would like a thing where u could just pick a district (out of 9), pick a boss or bosses u have unlocked and brawl it out it would be fun to have a go at metallo and bizaro at the same time

John Bak'or
well......someone answer

John Bak'or
OH CUMMON!!!!!!

Ast
blink

John Bak'or
lol sumone plz post

Decay
i think superman games will never really rock unless they shake it up alot. his powers mean he can do pretty much anything he wants, go anywhere on earth almost instantly, pick up or smash about any item he comes across, see and hear as far as he wants, and through anything in his way, and he has good range with his heat vision, and he can freeze stuff. there is just way too much to him to make something that feels challanging without skrewing around with his powers alot, and then people wont be happy becuase it wouldnt be the superman they know and love. i hope they find a way, and i really hope doomsday is there when they do, but i dont see it happening for a while.

Fox Summers
Maybe it'll have unlockable costumes for Supes, too. That'd be neat.

John Bak'or
hmm the failureof missions is based on if the metropolis gets destroyed not supes himself. this is based on some sort of colateral damage meter. and yes u'll be able to pick pick anything from a car or truck to building sized obelisks (see the screenshots) and like most hero based games these days it most likely will have unlockable comstumes. i honestly dont think doomsday will turn. maybe (very maybe), he'll turn up as the final boss.

DarkDethbringer
you sll know Lex Luther is going to be in it, I just found this thread it looks lik it rally could kick ass teh graphics look fanta-stick thats kinda different it doesnt matter if SUpes dies only if teh city istaken down, but yeah he has a crap load of powers itll be fun being able to mnhandle stupid thugs, I can see it now, them shooting at him and Supes just waltzing foward, and teh control should be awesoem I wonder how far you will be able to fly, also lets hope tehres indoor environments, I just gotta look at those screen shots again

John Bak'or
lol sorry butr no thugs as far is i know. only supervillains and giant robots. what do u personally think the controls should be?? discuss the controls for this game plz people

John Bak'or
noooo this thread is dying

Cyber Ninja
When the game comes out, it will live again.

John Bak'or
bloody oaf it will but thats in june though

Ast
There isnt much to say about a game that had one article about it months ago.

John Bak'or
true

Knightfall93
Sigh. it really looks good but whoever insults Spidey 2is a fool. Thats quite llong and good... BB is short and cool. They're my fave comic gmes that iive played...

John Bak'or
BB?

Ast
Batman Begins

John Bak'or
i knew that whistle

MadMel
hmm

sadisticon
I want a big city. I want a secret identity. I want villains that I can respect in the morning. I want effortless flying. I want damage that doesn't fade away. I want citizens that will revere or revile me based on my heroic competence. Can EA Tiburon deliver? Well, they don't want to post too much inthe way of news, screens or information (probably to maintain the integrity of the cinematic experience). I can't take anohter Man of Steel I don't want another Shadow of Apokolips and I certainly don't need a Sega version. Bring me somewhere new and familiar.

MadMel
yes big city. over 10,000 buildings.
no secret identity as far as i know, only supes.
yes plenty of respectable villains.
yes effortless flying.
yes permanent damage.
yes civillians.
EA has done tonnes of good games, thats why they got to make it. they are experianced with making HUGE levels with AWSOME graphics, so no worries there.
sadisfied sadisticon?

Jedi Shmedi
The trailer is here!!!!

www.bluetights.net

Looks great! Gotta love the John Williams theme song in the back ground big grin

AstroFan
After months of waiting the first trailer still doesnt have any game footage? mad

**Gen_Thorin**
I don't think i'm going to buy this game until I read some reveiw's by people who have played it.

and if it suck's, then i wont but it till it goes down to the $19.99 hits list.erm

AstroFan
Ill probably get it on release date, ill just enjoy flying around Metropolis if nothing else. stick out tongue

**Gen_Thorin**
Originally posted by AstroFan
Ill probably get it on release date, ill just enjoy flying around Metropolis if nothing else. stick out tongue laughing out loud well when you finish, let me know how it was.

from what iv'e read and seen, it looks alright, but not very promissing. to me atleast.erm

AstroFan
I think the 360 version will live up, but Im not sure about the others.

**Gen_Thorin**
suck's when enhanced graphics can make or break the game, and ps2 wouldn't have the best graphics quality for this game. nor gamecube.

AstroFan
It isnt that, they are designing the game for the 360 first and foremost, then they dumb it down for the other consoles.

**Gen_Thorin**
they should have just releases it on 360, i have PS2 and 360, and i now never buy PS2 games, other than the ones that look good, real good.

can't wait for Black to come out.

Knightfall93
Pah, it's so promising it will suck

H. S. 6
It isnt that, they are designing the game for the 360 first and foremost, then they dumb it down for the other consoles.

yes

KENobi™
I'm wondering what the giant robot is...and what Supes took from it's chest.

**Gen_Thorin**

Jedi Shmedi
The giant robot is Metallo. And what Superman took from it was Metallo himself. If you didn't see it, Metallo was sucking up chunks of metal to create the big version of fimself.

According to the Developers, at the beggining of that fight, Metallo starts out at about 15 ft tall, then keeps building himself up to the huge 60-story tall robot in the trailer smile

KENobi™
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
The giant robot is Metallo. And what Superman took from it was Metallo himself. If you didn't see it, Metallo was sucking up chunks of metal to create the big version of fimself.

According to the Developers, at the beggining of that fight, Metallo starts out at about 15 ft tall, then keeps building himself up to the huge 60-story tall robot in the trailer smile

Sweetness.

MadMel
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi

BUMP
ive already said that twice already!!!!!!!!!!
and THAT TRAILER IS SWEET AS HELL!!! ITS AWESOMENESS!! droolio droolio
what i really wanna see tho is bizaro geting pwned across the city. that would be kool eek!

MadMel
Originally posted by ~Mitsurugi~
suck's when enhanced graphics can make or break the game, and ps2 wouldn't have the best graphics quality for this game. nor gamecube.
meh, the PC will. big grin
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Pah, it's so promising it will suck troubled, this person is. pwned he should be, for his own good.

Delta 62
Yeah.. it sounds awesome, but the trailer wasn't impressive. I wanted to actually see what it'd be like.. not a cut scene that didn't even look that good visually.. =\

MadMel
that was awsome..for a premier.....the physics were kickass..

MadMel
ok update.....*music plays*
1. http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/sr-visual-target-tb.html
2. http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/sr-visual-target2-tb.html
ok heres 2 new pics...both showing supes fighting monsters..ign says they might not be actual screens, but thats what the 360 version is suposed to look like (of coarse, the graphic will look a bit better than that..maybe)...also, if you look at the top left of each screen, you'll see a blue bar. this is probably suposed to be supes' stamina bar
on the second screenshot, the damage meter is on the bottom right. right now it looks like a 3rd of the city is starting to crumble slightly...laughing out loud

MadMel
isnt someone meant to be amazed with my research........erm

MadMel
holy moly...MAJOR UPDATE......
the jla..http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/jl-heroes1-tb.html
supes tossing a car..http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/jl-heroes2-tb.html
more jla..in space...http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/jl-heroes3-tb.html
frost breath...and batman..http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/jl-heroes4-tb.html
yeah Happy Dance

AstroFan
Thats not Superman Returns, thats the new Justice League game.

MadMel
hmm...all of them? all well..loks like a good game too big grin

H. S. 6
Originally posted by MadMel
hmm...all of them? all well..loks like a good game too big grin

All of them. wink

Jedi Shmedi
Yeah the JLU game is made by the guys who did Baulder's Gate, so they know RPGs smile They said it will be similar to X-Men Legends, but in many ways be different and it's own game. Which is good since the Legends games are made by a different company, Raven Studios.

MadMel
oh man...no updates since those monster pics then

AstroFan
They have to be extra careful with the game since the people behind the movie are being careful with the movie, revealing too much of the game could reveal things about the movie.

MadMel
hmm true....strangly, lucas arts didnt worry about giving away episode 3...i supose since people were gonna get the jist of whats gonna happen in rots anyway....

Jedi Shmedi
According to Routh himself, the game doesn't follow the movie's story-line scene-for-scene, in fact, little of the actual story from the movie is in the game (incase you couldn't tell from the trailer, where Metallo is the villain) smile

MadMel
of course i knew who the metallo was, i was probably the 1st person to post that fact here roll eyes (sarcastic)....and yeah...they say its taking ideas from the 60 years of comics as well as a loose tie to the film.

Soss
So, couple of questions, hopefully will be answered.

1. Is this game free roam?
2. Do you think Supes will need to "gain" his abilities, and possibly be able to train and make them stronger?
3. Can he us super-speed on the game? That and flying are probably the only ones I want.

Jedi Shmedi
Originally posted by Soss
So, couple of questions, hopefully will be answered.

1. Is this game free roam?
2. Do you think Supes will need to "gain" his abilities, and possibly be able to train and make them stronger?
3. Can he us super-speed on the game? That and flying are probably the only ones I want.

1. yup, 80 Square miles of free-roaming excitement smile
2. Nope, according to the developers, Supes will have all of his abilities straight from the get-go.
3. Super speed is in the game for sure. According to the devs, Superman's average flight/run speed is 300 mph, but if you hit a single button on the conroller, you'll boost into upwards of 700 mph, that's faster than any racing game on the market. And bullets travel at 600 mph, so you are quite literally, faster than a speeding bullet smile

MadMel
yup...thats right..all of it...i cant wait.
oh BTW new screenshot
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/sr-visual-target3-tb.html

Soss
This game will be sick. Do we know what the controls for it will be?
I wonder, does it like slow down time whenever you run fast, or maybe do you have the option to slow-down time?

MadMel
no we dont know the controls....ive asked many times if people can take a guess but....and all i know about the speed factor is that u'll be seeing, hearing sonic booms when supes reaches top speed.

Soss
Sorry for all the questions, but can you go into buildings, maybe even interact with people, while in free-roam?

MadMel
i dunno..all i know is that you can use xray vision to look into buildings..thats all i know..

Soss
I wonder if his abilities will be able to be like, cycled through...
You know, like on a shooter game or something.

Ritoshi

MadMel
Originally posted by Ritoshi
umm....?

MadMel
4 explosive new screens, people..
1-http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/sr-visual-target4-tb.html
2-http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/sr-visual-target6-tb.html
3-http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/sr-visual-target7-tb.html
4-http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/games/sr-visual-target5-tb.html

AstroFan
Mother ****ers!!! madmad mad

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148905.html

That means like October/November.

Jedi Shmedi
sad I....I......I just........sad

MadMel
rantingrantingrantingranting

Jedi Shmedi
OMG actual gameplay! www.ign.com just got 4 new videos of live E3 gameplay of Superman Returns, looks AMAZING. Flying never looked so awesome big grin

Oh man I can't wait!

AstroFan
Could you link us to the actual vids?

Jedi Shmedi
Sorry I honestly don't know how to post direct links, but under the search engine, just type in Superman Returns, click on the SR icon for any of the systems, then look under videos, all there smile

AstroFan
I saw it, very cool, though it looks hard to control at high speed. stick out tongue

Superman_045
Seeing how they've delayed the game's release, it better be a good game & better have some good extras, free roaming, etc.

AstroFan
With that boss fight, it looks a lot like Spiderman 2, which isnt bad. stick out tongue

Superman_045
I hope that it'll be long & not short. They should add elements from the Superman II movie & also from the comics.

MadMel
thats what their doing..
*watching vids now.....*

Superman_045
I hope that General Zod will be added to the game.

MadMel
"that'd be good...wait, what makes u think he isnt in the game already?

Superman_045
For one I have no way of knowing if he is or isn't in the game because they haven't told us.

MadMel
who was that electric dude he was fighting in that vedeo?

Superman_045
Haven't seen the video so I don't know who you're talking about.

MadMel
go to ign.com...

Superman_045
Meh, I don't feel like watching the video because it might take a while to load so I'll wait & see who you're talking about when they release more pictures.

Superman_045
OR.....

You might have been mistaken & it was a girl who has electric powers & who's called Livewire. So, are you sure it was a dude?

MadMel
you cant see who it is too well...

Superman_045
Then that means it probably was a girl & was Livewire.

MadMel
maybe.....shifty

Superman_045
Yeah...

I just hope that General Zod, Non & Ursa are in the game.

MadMel
hmm. maybe..i know for sure that metallo and parasite are in...

Superman_045
Bizarro is also in the game....

MadMel
good to know..

Superman_045
Mongul is also rumored to be in the game & they say that you can fly high into the atmosphere but I'd like to be able to fly into space & land on different planets with different kinds of aliens or go to a yellow sun & take a sun dip & come out more powerful every time.

AstroFan
These wishlist are getting a little ridiculous. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MadMel
Originally posted by Superman_045
Mongul is also rumored to be in the game & they say that you can fly high into the atmosphere but I'd like to be able to fly into space & land on different planets with different kinds of aliens or go to a yellow sun & take a sun dip & come out more powerful every time.
not likely..

Superman_045
I know it's not likely to be in the game, I'm saying I would like for it to be in the game.

Superman_045
Have any new pictures of the game been released?

office jesus
I just hope it's better than that shitty game based off the cartoon. What was it..Rise of Apokalips or some shit?

MadMel
yea that was it...it was better than the 64 version tho *sudders*

Delta 62
Apparently there are rumors abound that EA is planning on releasing a demo soon..

MadMel
nice.....if its true..

H. S. 6
Do we have an exact release date yet?

MadMel
dont think so........just (roughly) november, arrcording to some calculations...whistle

Delta 62
All the store sites say October 31st, but now Best Buy says October 15th

MadMel
i was close schmoll........laughing out loud.............

AstroFan
Amazing new trailer, with release date of 11/22. Happy Dance

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/774/774362/vids_1.html

MadMel
lol...smoking sizzle trailer...sweet name for a vid.....
im suddenly hungry no expression...

AstroFan
The demo for the 360 version is now on XBL.

H. S. 6
The controls suck.

Sorry, but it needed to be said.

AstroFan
I havent checked it yet, but I always figured the controls might not be great.

H. S. 6
I havent checked it yet, but I always figured the controls might not be great.

It's a shame, because the demo's actually pretty fun, but the controls really mess it up.

At first, when you're simply flying around and whatnot, they're fine, but as soon as you get down to ground level and start fighting some baddies, you'll see what I mean.

AstroFan
I read that once you learn to lock on it gets better, did you figure that out? Im fixing to play it.

H. S. 6
I read that once you learn to lock on it gets better, did you figure that out? Im fixing to play it.

I couldn't find out how to lock on, although the video that plays at the end of the demo did demonstrate it. I'd imagine that would help things out a lot.

I'll probably go back and give the demo another go later. I only played around with it for 20 minutes.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>