All Star Superman vs Thanos????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman302
Who would win this fight? Considering All star superman currently can lift over 200 quinttilion tons( one quinttilion is 1000000000000000000 tons ) with ease im going with him on this one.

Ron Jeremy
agreed smile

long pig
Thanos is still probably stronger. 200quin tons short is only 3/10 the mass of the moon.

Thanos still wins.

Ron Jeremy
Originally posted by long pig
Thanos is still probably stronger. 200quin tons short is only 3/10 the mass of the moon.

Thanos still wins.

that was with one hand supes did that smile

superman302

Thanos still wins.

Yes but this isnt talking about pushing he lifted it with ease they couldnt even regulate his power cause he was so stong, not to mention what do you mean only????? whats the most thanos has lifted??

long pig
Thanos is basically limitless since he can enhance forever with cosmic energy.
So, whatever Superman lifts, it's not enough.

Nor is Superman more durable, or nearly as smart or a better fighter.
And he won't be breaking Thanos' shields anytime soon. None of Superman's powers will be effective on Thanos, really.

So, it'll be just like Thanos v Normal Superman, except Thanos has to work a little harder.

superman302

Nor is Superman more durable, and he won't be breaking Thanos' shields anytime soon. So, it'll be just like Thanos v Normal Superman, except Thanos has to work a little harder.

everyone has their limits when it comes to stregth, just cause thanos can inhance his stregth cosmically doesnt mean its limitless i mean look at the surfer or the other heralds all of them do the same thing but none of them can come close to reaching those levels of stregth.

grey fox
Originally posted by superman302
everyone has their limits when it comes to stregth, just cause thanos can inhance his stregth cosmically doesnt mean its limitless i mean look at the surfer or the other heralds all of them do the same thing but none of them can come close to reaching those levels of stregth.

No they can , but they dont because it's more fun to vaporise your enemy then to beat him to death.

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
No they can , but they dont because it's more fun to vaporise your enemy then to beat him to death.

It is not!

evil face

Juntai
He did the 200 quintillion tons.. with one hand, seemingly without stressing it at all.
He could easily lift far more.

kgkg
Originally posted by superman302
Limits yes

But he was able to amp his power to near Skyfather level when he battle Odin.

Near limitless he amp using a dark unkown source and can amp all aspect of his power to near infinite.

he hardly does because he doesn't need to

long pig
Superman's powers are better against thugs and medium powered Earth villains than against cosmics or semi-cosmics.

What can Superman do?

Heat Vision: Thanos has taken worse without flinching.

Cold breath: Thanos won't notice.

Strength: Too durable to care.

Speed: Meh, Thanos is fast enough to handle it.

The rest of Superman's powers are passive.

Draco69
We can't judge. Disregarding the fact that All-Star Superman is crap in terms of continutity, (Superman getting overpumped in terms of solar energy?!) we only have one issue with Superman showing one new ability. And we don't even know what that ability is.

We have to wait. Love the story though.

manjaro
the new abilty was the bio el;ectric field he wrapped around the ship. i dont care what any body sayd the story is cool, and no its not in continuity but so what?... but on the real tho superman only got that strong becuase he went directly in the sun to rescue those ppl, tho there were going on about how much the over dose of solar power is gonna kill him, we all know thats not gonna happen, but with the fight tho i believe that thanos could increase his power to match him half way......and thats regular superman, but he would have to depend on his blasting to possibly defeat him but all star supes as he is right now would dust him.

Juntai
Originally posted by manjaro
the new abilty was the bio el;ectric field he wrapped around the ship. i dont care what any body sayd the story is cool, and no its not in continuity but so what?... but on the real tho superman only got that strong becuase he went directly in the sun to rescue those ppl, tho there were going on about how much the over dose of solar power is gonna kill him, we all know thats not gonna happen, but with the fight tho i believe that thanos could increase his power to match him half way......and thats regular superman, but he would have to depend on his blasting to possibly defeat him but all star supes as he is right now would dust him. The field isn't really new though, it was in Byrne's Man of Steel, post crisis reboot. And also Superboy's TTK is a version of this power.

Fishy 500

Nor is Superman more durable, or nearly as smart or a better fighter.
And he won't be breaking Thanos' shields anytime soon. None of Superman's powers will be effective on Thanos, really.

So, it'll be just like Thanos v Normal Superman, except Thanos has to work a little harder.

Yahman suggested that Thanos's limitless strength, was maybe Handbook Hyper bole, that it is yet to be proven. Thanos has struggled against the likes of champion and in coclusive against thor and Thing. smile

long pig
Champion w/gem has limitless strength, too. smile And Thanos didn't struggle at all, actually.

It's impossible to prove "Limitless strength", as there is always something heavier out there.

And no, there is no "in conclusive" against thing or Thor.

Juntai
Champion w/gem has limitless strength, too. smile And Thanos didn't struggle at all, actually.

It's impossible to prove "Limitless strength", as there is always something heavier out there.

And no, there is no "in conclusive" against thing or Thor. They didn't find a limit to Superman All Star either.. They said it was incaculable... but he DID do 200 quintillion effortlessly, with one hand.

long pig
That's all well and dandy, but strength alone is useless against Thanos.

None of Superman's powers are very effective on someone like Thanos or cosmics.

When you take away freeze breath, heat vision and punching, none of which will affect Thanos to any real degree....what else does Superman have?

Fishy 500

And no, there is no "in conclusive" against thing or Thor.

Sorry mate ... im nwew and im not used to typing this fast ..... I meant he was inconclusive against Thor and the Thing. smile

Fishy 500

When you take away freeze breath, heat vision and punching, none of which will affect Thanos to any real degree....what else does Superman have?

He was Ko'ed by a belted Thor. This All Star Superman is FAR stronger than Jurgens Thor.

long pig
When?

manjaro
Originally posted by Juntai
The field isn't really new though, it was in Byrne's Man of Steel, post crisis reboot. And also Superboy's TTK is a version of this power.

i get you, but for the purposes of that story its a new power, they even said that there are more yet to be discovered. i hope the dont do that energy superman bullshit agin where theyre splitting him up into a bunch of different ppl

Juntai
I dunno about anyone else... but although I love classic Superman....
....energy Superman was the shit.
He even looked awesome.

kgkg
When?
Thor was amped to level that he defeated Mangog.

Normal Thor has nothing on Thanos.

he once stop thor like nothing when he battle the avengers

Fishy 500
When?

Jurgens Run of Thor .... around about isuues 30 - 40 ?Something to do with a magical challice ! Jurgens Thor has some pretty low showings !

long pig
He definitely K.O'd Thanos?

I'd like to see it, because I have a very very good feeling you aren't telling the whole story.

long pig
Originally posted by kgkg
Thor was amped to level that he defeated Mangog.

Normal Thor has nothing on Thanos.

he once stop thor like nothing when he battle the avengers
Ah, didn't think she was telling the whole story.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

You do know, fishy, that Jurgens said that his Thor was indeed stronger than Superman?

Juntai
Ah, didn't think she was telling the whole story.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

You do know, fishy, that Jurgens said that his Thor was indeed stronger than Superman? "Toss up" but "probably" Thor.

sam_drugbringer
I vaguely rember what he's talking about. I belive Thor smashed Thanos's head with his hammer, and managed to knock him out.

Thanos has thus far made sure to NEVER get hit like that again.

It dosen't matter. How heavy is the earth? Thor lifted that.

Juntai
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
I vaguely rember what he's talking about. I belive Thor smashed Thanos's head with his hammer, and managed to knock him out.

Thanos has thus far made sure to NEVER get hit like that again.

It dosen't matter. How heavy is the earth? Thor lifted that. What, back in the 50's, in a feat not even related to comics themselves really, but instead of a actual Norse belief?
lmao. Show me Thor doing something like that in the last few years.
One time feats do not put you on Superman's strength level.

long pig
Superman can't lift an Earth either.

Hell, AS Supes can only lift 3/10 of the moon.

Fishy 500
"Ah, didn't think she was telling the whole story."

She ???????? I we getting to the point where we are referring to one another as the opposite sex ? .... Truely pitafull !

..... "Toss up" but "probably" Thor."

Wasn't this followed by 'And this would be because of this magic hammer ..... Superman is thousands of times stronger !'

Thanos was KO'ed by a Thor twice as powerful as normal. The magical amp from Odin was to restore his diminished strength .... (he had just gotten his ass beaten by the Mangog, for about three issues). Jurgens version of Thor was killed once and lost on several ocassions. He struggled to lift a small building. IMO he was weak version of Thor.

Jurgens suggested Superman was 1000's of times stronger than Thor, and jurgens was writing for Superman back in 95. He's far stronger now ! Your assumptions of Thanos's limitless strength are based on the Hyberbole of the Marvel Handbook. If a Thor who is thousnads of times weaker than Supes can beat Thanos, I think a the All Star version has more than a chance ! wink

chris_64256
Not only would thanos get fubared by supes he would take that beating while supes was anal raping his mother while pouring sugar into his gas tank of his car.... By the way definiton on fubar F&^k up beyond all recognition. I'm out

long pig
Originally posted by Fishy 500
"Ah, didn't think she was telling the whole story."

She ???????? I we getting to the point where we are referring to one another as the opposite sex ? .... Truely pitafull !

..... "Toss up" but "probably" Thor."

Wasn't this followed by 'And this would be because of this magic hammer ..... Superman is thousands of times stronger !'

Thanos was KO'ed by a Thor twice as powerful as normal. The magical amp from Odin was to restore his diminished strength .... (he had just gotten his ass beaten by the Mangog, for about three issues). Jurgens version of Thor was killed once and lost on several ocassions. He struggled to lift a small building. IMO he was weak version of Thor.

Jurgens suggested Superman was 1000's of times stronger than Thor, and jurgens was writing for Superman back in 95. He's far stronger now ! Your assumptions of Thanos's limitless strength are based on the Hyberbole of the Marvel Handbook. If a Thor who is thousnads of times weaker than Supes can beat Thanos, I think a the All Star version has more than a chance ! wink
Then he said he was kidding.
But he wasn't kidding when he said Thor was stronger & more powerful.

evil face SHE!

sam_drugbringer
Also, Thor relied heavly on a magical artifact forged by one much more powerful then thanos to aid his win. AS Superman has no such luck.

Avalonofthewind
I dunno about anyone else... but although I love classic Superman....
....energy Superman was the shit.
He even looked awesome.

Energy Supes was definitely the shit. If DC made some kind of alternate line with him, I'd definitely pick it up.

supremthor
yo draco or Avalonofthewind does any one of u have a pic of all star superman doing something.

Avalonofthewind
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5399634

dvampire
Superman's powers are better against thugs and medium powered Earth villains than against cosmics or semi-cosmics.

What can Superman do?

Heat Vision: Thanos has taken worse without flinching.

Cold breath: Thanos won't notice.

Strength: Too durable to care.

The rest of Superman's powers are passive.

I disagree, confused all the above will be effective against Thanos. smile

long pig
Originally posted by dvampire
I disagree, confused all the above will be effective against Thanos. smile
How so?

Superman IS powerful.....when he's up against normal humans. But, not so much against herald level beings or above.

dvampire

In that case, nothing Thanos do will hurt Superman. confused roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

dvampire
How so?

Superman IS powerful.....when he's up against normal humans. But, not so much against herald level beings or above.

Darsied, G. Zod, Doomsday, Preus, Gog (and the list goes on) are all not human at all. smile

long pig
In that case, nothing Thanos do will hurt Superman. confused roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin
Cosmic blasts and Telepathy will kill him pretty easily.

Darsied, G. Zod, Doomsday, Preus, Gog (and the list goes on) are all not human at all. smile
Yeah, they all beat him until he either got help, or they were depowered.
For every DD or Gog, I can give you 5 street level villains in his rogues gallery.

It's pretty much fact that Superman fights weak villains, doesn't make him less powerful, just less desirable.

long pig
What exactly will:

Heat vision do?

Ice Breath do?

Punching do?

Everything else Superman has is passive.

dvampire
Cosmic blasts and Telepathy will kill him pretty easily.

Yeah, they all beat him until he either got help, or they were depowered.
For every DD or Gog, I can give you 5 street level villains in his rogues gallery.

It's pretty much fact that Superman fights weak villains, doesn't make him less powerful, just less desirable.

And each one of his villains he fought, he's either holding back or they're using his weakness against him.

Cosmic blasts will work, but not telepathy. Superman has is far faster than Thanos (somthing you are forgetting), so far he has shown to be stronger than Thanos, his punches and kicks will hurt Thanos, Heat Vision and Ice Breath/beam will hurt Thanos, and he's just as or more durable than Thanos; this is all normal Superman I'm talking about, not amped. smile

Superman (minus any help) vs. Gog

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/4849/11232005113639pm2vj.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/5037/11232005113730pm9lh.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/5805/11232005113814pm0fr.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/3479/11232005113956pm5kh.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/325/11232005114101pm9ff.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/3668/11232005114145pm0cx.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/1038/11232005114226pm2jw.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/3364/11232005114310pm7sb.jpg

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/2497/11232005114353pm5zv.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)

dvampire
What exactly will:

Heat vision do?

Ice Breath do?

Punching do?

Everything else Superman has is passive.

What exactly will:

Thanos cosmic blasts do?

How will he be able to keep up with Superman's speed?

Is Thanos stronger than base Superman? confused If so, show a feat please?

big grin

long pig
Kill him.

Thanos is also a very high class magic user.

None of that will do anything. Thanos has unbreakable shields AND an indestructable body. Superman seriously CAN'T win, he just isn't very powerful.

Why not? Superman isn't immune to telepathy, just resistant.

The same way he keeps up with people who are hundreds or millions of times faster than Superman. Thanos is fast.

dvampire
Kill him.

None of that will do anything. Thanos has unbreakable shields AND an indestructable body. Superman seriously CAN'T win, he just isn't very powerful.

The same way he keeps up with people who are hundreds or millions of times faster than Superman. Thanos is fast.

Not before Superman kills hims. smile

Show me a scan of Thanos using magic? It's still not going to stop Superman from beating him. smile

He's resistant enough to telepathy to stop Thanos. smile

Surfer is only fast in flight speed, not fighting/reflexive speeds. Can you show a scan of Surfer fighting at high speeds please?

Superman will be hurting him with punches and kicks, speedbiltzing him, Superman will not be attacking his shields only Thanos, Superman is just as or more durable than Thanos, and he will be hurting him with Heat Vision and Ice Breath/beam. Oh and I'm speaking of normal levels Superman, not All-Star as he whould muder him IMO. big grin

thesilverspider
Not before Superman kills hims. smile

Show me a scan of Thanos using magic? It's still not going to stop Superman from beating him. smile

He's resistant enough to telepathy to stop Thanos. smile

Surfer is only fast in flight speed, not fight/reflexive speeds. Can you a scan of Surfer fighting at high speeds please?

Superman will be hurting him with punches and kicks, speedbiltzing him, and hurting him with Heat Vision and Ice Breath/beam. Oh and I'm speaking of normal levels Superman, not All-Star as he whould muder him IMO. big grin

seriously normal supes would get his as handed 2 him by thanos plain and simple.

dvampire
Originally posted by thesilverspider
seriously normal supes would get his as handed 2 him by thanos plain and simple.

I disagree! big grin smile laughing

Avalonofthewind
Kill him.

And Supes has just never faced those kind of people before...I doubt any magic he has is stronger than Blazes in her dimension, or that his cosmic blasts are any stronger than many of the types of blasts he's taken/shielded over the years.

So indestructible that he admitted a nuclear device can kill him and Wolvies claws penetrated him. Ring out is viable here. Supes tosses Thanos into an uninhabited galaxy. It doesnt even make sense, if he is so indestructable, why does he need shields? If Thanos needs to use tech, then Supes should get a motherbox/phantom zone generator.

No pis involved, its kind of hard to use any kind of telepathy against someone far, far faster than you that is stronger than you physically. Thanos won't be doing much.

Unless your Captain America, a peak human. Thanos is not that fast.

the Darkone
Thanos will f**k up All Star Superman with a passion. Thanos can increase his abilities at will just like Odin and other cosmic gods, superman powers won't work on him at all unless superman has the soul gem than he would have chance.

Thanos can maniuplate any form of energy at will, he can see beings traveling at light speed, also can project cosmic and plasma or can fuse them into a powerful blast, can destroy a planet with a blast, can absorn any form of energy, can make a psionic shield that took the champion forever to break with the power gem, can increase his mental powers and mind rape superman.

Strength doesn't grant you victory espeically against thanos who will beat you down with his mind and other abilities he out smarted Tyrant in battle, and that's thanos greatest advantage is his vast intellaic.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by the Darkone

thanos greatest advantage is his vast intellaic.

laughing int confused what?!?!?!?!?!?!?

As a Dyslexic I really should not have done that smile

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

If someone made a thread for Aunt May vs Parallax, he would go for May, just becuase its Marvel.

the Darkone

No you shouldn't have, but it's cool at least I know what type immature jack ass you are.

Some people still act like little kids my god, grow up man.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
If someone made a thread for Aunt May vs Parallax, he would go for May, just becuase its Marvel.

hey aint you the same way .......................with dc of course wink

the Darkone
exactly wink

thesilverspider
exactly wink

i know

Avalonofthewind

Nope, I've gone for Marvel on several occasions.
But nice try. big grin

thesilverspider
Nope, I've gone for Marvel on several occasions.
But nice try. big grin

your telling me that you dont be bias sometimes.......(key word sometimes).

Avalonofthewind
your telling me that you dont be bias sometimes.......(key word sometimes).

No, I don't "be" bias sometimes.

Can you say the same?

thesilverspider
No, I don't "be" bias sometimes.

Can you say the same?

of course i be bias when it involves my favorite characters who isint
but i listen to logic and thats why i say thanos takes supes down not sure about allstar superman cause he is just plain uber............

Avalonofthewind
of course i be bias when it involves my favorite characters who isint
but i listen to logic and thats why i say thanos takes supes down not sure about allstar superman cause he is just plain uber............

Logic would tell you a whole different story if those 2 (Standard Supes and Thanos) fought.

Right now, there wouldn't be too much logic in All Star Superman vs Thanos because we haven't seen too much of him yet to really guage his powers besides his strength and that containment field thing. So you are correct not to be sure there.

thesilverspider
Logic would tell you a whole different story if those 2 (Standard Supes and Thanos) fought.

Right now, there wouldn't be too much logic in All Star Superman vs Thanos because we haven't seen too much of him yet to really guage his powers besides his strength and that containment field thing. So you are correct not to be sure there.

i'll give it another issue before allstar supes starts throwing planets across the galaxy.
seriously you think regular supes can take thanos? i wouldn't blame you considering that thanos cant fly or has that much in the speed department.
i still believe that thanos has the same forcefield that batman and wolverine use (you know the "everyone job to me "field).

Avalonofthewind
i'll give it another issue before allstar supes starts throwing planets across the galaxy.
seriously you think regular supes can take thanos? i wouldn't blame you considering that thanos cant fly or has that much in the speed department.
i still believe that thanos has the same forcefield that batman and wolverine use (you know the "everyone job to me "field).

Without Prep time for Thanos, I definitely believe Supes can take Thanos.
Without that jobber aura, they are in the same class. Thanos would have definitely beaten a DOS Supes, but current Supes is light years more powerful. A fight could go either way depending on how either of the combatants fight.

I like Thanos and I like Supes. I'm not going by hype on either.

thesilverspider
Without that jobber aura, they are in the same class. Thanos would have definitely beaten a DOS Supes, but current Supes is light years more powerful. A fight could go either way depending on how either of the combatants fight.

imo i think thanos can out last supes and take everything he dishes out and speed is nothing 2 thanos since he fights against guys much faster the supes

the Darkone

Prep time or no prep time Superman goes down hard. Thanos is superior to superman in every way. Thanos is stronger (can increase at will), more durable, greater stamina, intelligence and has more raw power than superman can every dream of.

Superman speed will not be his advantage since thanos has fought beings that travel at light speed and can react to them. People need to face it superman can't beat everybody in comics there some beings in comics he can't touch and thanos is one of them

UltimateIronman
going with a tie if they have enough energy to last for 50 days.if they can last longer with each other fighting, it'll be......if both get flung to space and is near pluto:thanos: reason: supes too away from sun. if both get flung to space and is near the sun:
superman: reason: sommons a use almost all your energy punch at thanos
by the way how do you make voting posts?

Avalonofthewind
Prep time or no prep time Superman goes down hard. Thanos is superior to superman in every way. Thanos is stronger (can increase at will), more durable, greater stamina, intelligence and has more raw power than superman can every dream of.

Superman speed will not be his advantage since thanos has fought beings that travel at light speed and can react to them. People need to face it superman can't beat everybody in comics there some beings in comics he can't touch and thanos is one of them

Thanos does not have light speed reflexes. Easily proven by Captain america, Thor, and spidey. He hasnt shown anything to prove he's stronger than Superman and if you can show Thanos upgrading to this supposed infinite strength, please do so. Until now, thats just hype.

It should be the other way. People should face that Thanos can't beat everyone.

Ultimate Hulk43
Superman wins,without stressing and long pig,you should know this.You're just as stubborn as always.Don't let your hate of Superman get in the way of real facts.

the Darkone
Thanos was upgrade by death, Thanos can increase his abilities to skyfather levels even odin was suprise how powerful thanos was learning that thanos was taping into a unknown power source and they weren't going all out. Even Adam Warlock stated that they haven't seen thanos true power because thanos holds back, like all eternals thanos can increase all of his abilities at will.

Thaons has enough raw power to destroy a planet and superman at the same time. Superman is not powerful enough to battle thanos, thanos has fought beings that move faster than superman and reacted to them very well, thanos has over 10,000 years of fighting experience.

Superman will lose badly unless he turns into pre-crisis superman anytime soon.

Avalonofthewind
Thanos was upgrade by death, Thanos can increase his abilities to skyfather levels even odin was suprise how powerful thanos was learning that thanos was taping into a unknown power source and they weren't going all out. Even Adam Warlock stated that they haven't seen thanos true power because thanos holds back, like all eternals thanos can increase all of his abilities at will.

Thaons has enough raw power to destroy a planet and superman at the same time. Superman is not powerful enough to battle thanos, thanos has fought beings that move faster than superman and reacted to them very well, thanos has over 10,000 years of fighting experience.

Superman will lose badly unless he turns into pre-crisis superman anytime soon.

Destroying planets means nothing to Superman, he survived that easily. Thanos has also been hit by people much slower than Superman, and had trouble hitting them. Supes was fighting Asmodel, and he was surprised that Supes didnt go down quickly. Superman has the power to heat up the earth from across the solar system, and take out planets as well.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
:wtfmesseduperman wins,without stressing and long pig,you should know this.You're just as stubborn as always.:wtfbig grinon't let your hate of Superman get in the way of real facts.

First of all I like superman, I still get goose bumps when I see superman I&II movies. But Iam not a fanboy at all I will back superman up when he is fighting beings that he can beat with out a doubt. But against skyfather or lower skyfather beings he will lose badly.

Superman will hold his own against thanos but he will eventually fall to thanos. Thanos is like darkseid but better and has done more than darkseid had every dreamed of.

dvampire
Superman's wins, with reasons stated above. smile

olympian
"Thanos would have definitely beaten a DOS Supes, but current Supes is light years more powerful."

Marvel big guns in strenght wer on a higher poll than Byrne-dos Superman.

And what is theyr record against Thanos? Right.

"He hasnt shown anything to prove he's stronger than Superman"

Having Hulk, Thing, Immortal Herc and Thor gang against him and -not- putting the man down doesnt show he is stronger? On a -regular level- basis and unless Kal is on to do a big high end combat feat, it does.

"and if you can show Thanos upgrading to this supposed infinite strength, please do so. Until now, thats just hype."

Thanos despite one low showing ever is a top tier buster. Always have been. Even when he was weaker. Thats more than enought. You dont need to have infinite strenght level to defeat Superman.

"Destroying planets means nothing to Superman, he survived that easily"

Surviving a planet level attack is a durability feat not strenght.

Even current Superman does not posses the kind to go and bust planets on its own or destroying one in a battle affternath.

Thanos did it before getting upgrade by Death.

"Thanos has also been hit by people much slower than Superman, and had trouble hitting them"

And who doesnt get hit by pll slower than them?

You are well aware Superman gets hit by pll slower than him also no? Why using a good showing for him alone.

How about Thanos sparring with Gamora who in combat speed is higher than the marvel guys you mentioned.

Regular Supeman obviosuly loses, he would need help to ace this one.

Of "all star"we need to see more.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by olympian
"Thanos would have definitely beaten a DOS Supes, but current Supes is light years more powerful."

Marvel big guns in strenght wer on a higher poll than Byrne-dos Superman.

And what is theyr record against Thanos? Right.

And the point to this? Nobody is discussing Byrne Supes, are they?

"He hasnt shown anything to prove he's stronger than Superman"

Having Hulk, Thing, Immortal Herc and Thor gang against him and -not- putting the man down doesnt show he is stronger? On a -regular level- basis and unless Kal is on to do a big high end combat feat, it does.

I think doing the same to Orion, WW, MM, GL, and Steel more than qualifies, and Supes wasnt even pissed or anything, or perhaps, Mongul, Jailer, Silver Banshee, and Master Jailer who all had prep when supes was in a weakened condition. Or how about beating Cyborg who effortlessly beat Eradicator, Steel, Superboy, and Supergirl simultaeneously without even breaking a sweat?

"and if you can show Thanos upgrading to this supposed infinite strength, please do so. Until now, thats just hype."

Thanos despite one low showing ever is a top tier buster. Always have been. Even when he was weaker. Thats more than enought. You dont need to have infinite strenght level to defeat Superman.

Obviously, you don't need one to defeat Thanos either. Hell, Byrne Supes beat a pre crisis Superboy who was at full strength...someone who is far above Thanos strength class.

"Destroying planets means nothing to Superman, he survived that easily"

Surviving a planet level attack is a durability feat not strenght.

Even current Superman does not posses the kind to go and bust planets on its own or destroying one in a battle affternath.

Thanos did it before getting upgrade by Death.

Tell that as well to people who bring that up for Thanos. Current Superman can't destroy planets? I think you better stop reading those
80's Byrne comics. Supes is a good guy, because he doesnt just go around destroying planets, doesnt mean he cant.

"Thanos has also been hit by people much slower than Superman, and had trouble hitting them"

And who doesnt get hit by pll slower than them?

You are well aware Superman gets hit by pll slower than him also no? Why using a good showing for him alone.

I'm well aware they have both been hit by slower opponents, but can anyone show Thanos fighting at light speed? Supes has...where are the Thanos scans for this?

How about Thanos sparring with Gamora who in combat speed is higher than the marvel guys you mentioned.

Regular Supeman obviosuly loses, he would need help to ace this one.

Supes under mental control fighting with WW going at least 4x the speed of light, what was the clock of your battle?

Of "all star"we need to see more.

For once, we agree...and for god sakes, learn how to use the "quote" button.

Porsche
Looks like this is the limit of All Star's strength. He has veins sticking out of his neck and can't even talk. Not struggling my asss.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/trollic/supesstrength.jpg

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Porsche
Looks like this is the limit of All Star's strength. He has veins sticking out of his neck and can't even talk. Not struggling my asss.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/trollic/supesstrength.jpg Notice the one arm behind his back.

That's key. wink

Porsche
Alright, that looks like the limit of his strength with one arm. The guy says his strength has trippled, probably based on how much he's struggling. Take a look at that vein.

snoopdogg
Alright, that looks like the limit of his strength with one arm. The guy says his strength has trippled, probably based on how much he's struggling. Take a look at that vein. She was talking about not finding a upper limit with one arm. Not two.

He appears not to have found his limit with one arm.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by snoopdogg
She was talking about not finding a upper limit with one arm. Not two.

He appears not to have found his limit with one arm.

Agreed his pumped thats all smile I like the way the trillions been rubbed out Porsche laughing out loud quality debating no

ZephroCarnelian
Porsche. Why have you changed it so it says 20 tons? confused

And Supes is often portrayed with veins sticking out - he's muscular and he's often seen like that without doing anything strenuous at all.

Notice that they still haven't found an upperlimit?

Porsche
The estimate is that the strength has trippled. He can probably lift some more, maybe 4 times instead of 3.. who knows. Problem with Superman is he expends his energy and needs to recharge from the sun. That's not the level of strength he'll be able to keep up during a major fight. Guys like Thanos channel cosmic energy from who knows where. It's not a fair fight for Superman.

By the way, Thanos IS fast with reflexes. There is a scan floating around here where he snatches something from Silver Surfer as he flies by at speed.

snoopdogg

By the way, Thanos IS fast with reflexes. There is a scan floating around here where he snatches something from Silver Surfer as he flies by at speed. You need to look at that scan a little closer.

He was lucky.

olympian
"I think doing the same to Orion, WW, MM, GL, and Steel more than qualifies"

When he was on to take on the world, no? Aka pissed.

"or perhaps, Mongul, Jailer, Silver Banshee, and Master Jailer who all had prep when supes was in a weakened condition. Or how about beating Cyborg who effortlessly beat Eradicator, Steel, Superboy, and Supergirl simultaeneously without even breaking a sweat?"

Without breaking a sweat its alot of scretch considering Cyborg was manhandling him until the end.

And considering Kal had erraciator`s help against him.

And considering Rads saved him from being blasted with kryptonite.

There was no " without breaking a sweat" there.

"Obviously, you don't need one to defeat Thanos either. Hell, Byrne Supes beat a pre crisis Superboy who was at full strength...someone who is far above Thanos strength class."

Byrne issue? He didnt. He even stated Superboy was stronger than he was. Unless my memory is fuzzy like hell.

Getting out the fight alive yes he did.

"Tell that as well to people who bring that up for Thanos. Current Superman can't destroy planets?"

With mere fists? Or as a result of a battle? No. He certainly didnt showed it yet. Not at regular levels.

"I think you better stop reading those
80's Byrne comics. Supes is a good guy, because he doesnt just go around destroying planets, doesnt mean he cant. "

Sarcasm apart, the fact he "only" manages to move one when sundipped its proof for me that even currently he cant unless he uses that plot device.

"I'm well aware they have both been hit by slower opponents, but can anyone show Thanos fighting at light speed? Supes has...where are the Thanos scans for this?"

I cant tell if he ever did. What i can say is he uses combat speed just fine and Superman doesnt usually. Superman has -fought- at light speeds how many times?

I am not talking about flying here.

As for the quote button, i prefer this way.

Porsche
Agreed his pumped thats all smile I like the way the trillions been rubbed out Porsche laughing out loud quality debating no

So pumped he can't talk huh? wink

Sir Whirlysplat
So pumped he can't talk huh? wink
you can't talk when your lifting laughing out loud you expel air on the positive part of a lift big grin Doh!!

soleran30
you can't talk when your lifting laughing out loud you expel air on the positive part of a lift big grin Doh!!

LOL you can talk when you lift if you call hindu squats liftingsmile

Anyway a one arm lift like SM did was more then his arm though it was his whole body the way he was positioned.

Porsche

Yes you can! big grin Unless of course... you are... struggling laughing

Avalonofthewind
"I think doing the same to Orion, WW, MM, GL, and Steel more than qualifies"

When he was on to take on the world, no? Aka pissed.

"or perhaps, Mongul, Jailer, Silver Banshee, and Master Jailer who all had prep when supes was in a weakened condition. Or how about beating Cyborg who effortlessly beat Eradicator, Steel, Superboy, and Supergirl simultaeneously without even breaking a sweat?"

Without breaking a sweat its alot of scretch considering Cyborg was manhandling him until the end.

And considering Kal had erraciator`s help against him.

And considering Rads saved him from being blasted with kryptonite.

There was no " without breaking a sweat" there.

"Obviously, you don't need one to defeat Thanos either. Hell, Byrne Supes beat a pre crisis Superboy who was at full strength...someone who is far above Thanos strength class."

Byrne issue? He didnt. He even stated Superboy was stronger than he was. Unless my memory is fuzzy like hell.

Getting out the fight alive yes he did.

"Tell that as well to people who bring that up for Thanos. Current Superman can't destroy planets?"

With mere fists? Or as a result of a battle? No. He certainly didnt showed it yet. Not at regular levels.

"I think you better stop reading those
80's Byrne comics. Supes is a good guy, because he doesnt just go around destroying planets, doesnt mean he cant. "

Sarcasm apart, the fact he "only" manages to move one when sundipped its proof for me that even currently he cant unless he uses that plot device.

"I'm well aware they have both been hit by slower opponents, but can anyone show Thanos fighting at light speed? Supes has...where are the Thanos scans for this?"

I cant tell if he ever did. What i can say is he uses combat speed just fine and Superman doesnt usually. Superman has -fought- at light speeds how many times?

I am not talking about flying here.

As for the quote button, i prefer this way.

I skipped to the bottom, your jumbled up mess takes to much effort to keep reading, and from what I did scan through, was wrong.

olympian
Then start naming them. Id like to see how wrong i am.

Wich scans preferencly, id like to see on how easily he beat Cyborg, when he straight out defeated that pre crisis Superboy, the times he showed the ability to use faster than light combat speed and the times he has destroyed planets as a result of some fight.

Good hunting.

Avalonofthewind
Then start naming them. Id like to see how wrong i am.

Wich scans preferencly, id like to see on how easily he beat Cyborg, when he straight out defeated that pre crisis Superboy, the times he showed the ability to use faster than light combat speed and the times he has destroyed planets as a result of some fight.

Good hunting.

I'll name them the moment, you make a post that doesn't have to be carefully read because you can't use quotes.
I've shown scans of Supes doing all sorts of outrageous stunts. The proof is on you. Show us Thanos fighting at faster than light speeds, or his "unlimited" strength.

Good luck on your search. Thanos = The new Goku.

olympian
"I'll name them the moment, you make a post that doesn't have to be carefully read because you can't use quotes."

Wonderful excuse. What me using the quote option or not have to do with your inability to present proof?

"I've shown scans of Supes doing all sorts of outrageous stunts. The proof is on you."

Not the ones i asked. Where did he defeat pre crisis Superboy? It sure didnt happened when they met.

1) When was he ever calm when he fought the likes of WW and Orion as well as MM? He always shows up either pissed or mindcontrolled.

2) When did he ever defeated Cyborg without breaking a sweat? In the "return" he had help and during Hunter Prey he was getting kicked around.

3) And when he showed ftl combat reflexes,aka not flying.

Nada so far.

"Show us Thanos fighting at faster than light speeds, or his "unlimited" strength. "

Considering i didnt stated he had both, what am i suposse to show exactly?

"Good luck on your search"

What a lack of originality. Like the rest so far.

Sir Whirlysplat
Yes you can! big grin Unless of course... you are... struggling laughing

not if your liftint properly as you are expelling are in the positive - try breathing out and talking.

olympian
Yo Whirly anything new about Miracleman?

Sir Whirlysplat
Yo Whirly anything new about Miracleman?

No sadly but it looks like it will all be resolved soon, (but its been 13 years (ouch!)) and Gaiman has finished the Silver age so as soon as copyright is sorted you guys will be able to see what I make all the fuss about - I read Olympus back to back against the last 6 issues of supreme Power. Even now its still better!!!!

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/378/miraclewar1024x7680ro.th.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/4214/miracl22kq.th.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5525/miracleman15clip14fv.th.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6609/miracleman15clip24eq.th.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/4914/miracleman16clip6th.th.jpg

A taste of what the fuss was about then and will be again.

JediMasterLuke5

How about nooooooooo.

olympian
"How about nooooooooo."

How about yes, a guy faster than Spidey in comics pretty much can hold its own. Especially when going against the likes of Drax and winning.

Superman does not fight (combat wise) at ftls. Not that i have seen. So?

"No sadly but it looks like it will all be resolved soon, (but its been 13 years (ouch!)) and Gaiman has finished the Silver age so as soon as copyright is sorted you guys will be able to see what I make all the fuss about - I read Olympus back to back against the last 6 issues of supreme Power. Even now its still better!!!!"

I just have to read it, even with the coincidence of the title wink

For now, those scans will serve the porpuse, the artwork is outstanding.

And am i wrong or the artist is the same from a certain Swamp Thing run with Moore?

JediMasterLuke5
"How about nooooooooo."

How about yes, a guy faster than Spidey in comics pretty much can hold its own. Especially when going against the likes of Drax and winning.

Superman does not fight (combat wise) at ftls. Not that i have seen. So?

"No sadly but it looks like it will all be resolved soon, (but its been 13 years (ouch!)) and Gaiman has finished the Silver age so as soon as copyright is sorted you guys will be able to see what I make all the fuss about - I read Olympus back to back against the last 6 issues of supreme Power. Even now its still better!!!!"

I just have to read it, even with the coincidence of the title wink

For now, those scans will serve the porpuse, the artwork is outstanding.

And am i wrong or the artist is the same from a certain Swamp Thing run with Moore?
Superman fights at super speeds, need I show you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/zball2000/08222005124311pm3un.jpg

snoopdogg
Let's see a scan of Thanos usning superspeed of any kind.

Warmonger
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Superman fights at super speeds, need I show you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/zball2000/08222005124311pm3un.jpg
Hes mobing fast but how do you know its FTL?

snoopdogg
All I need to see is a scan of Thanos' legendary speed.

Dizzle
All I need to see is a scan of Thanos' legendary speed.

Give Quicksilver heat vision, and I got ten bucks that says he could do that...

Don't have speed scans, but Thanos CAN levitate. Or at least airwalk. Though I don't see all that much difference.

Just the people he's beaten has to count for something. Fallen One tried to use superspeed. Failed. Surfer is exponentially faster than Supes. Loses to Thanos. Thor can move at 3x lightspeed. Loses to Thanos, at the same time as the rest of the Avengers. Thanos is way too calm and collected when he fights, and his durability is pretty ungodly, so he doesn't use speed all that much. Regardless of whether he can catch Supes, I see no way for Superman to put Thanos down anyway. Mad Thor with his power gem, Silver Surfer unloading, Odin blasting at him with Gungir... Nothing. The best Superman can hope for is a stalemate. If it's to the death, Thanos eats him.

olympian
"Superman fights at super speeds, need I show you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...124311pm3un.jpg"

Yes.

Because that is a regular speedblitz. I want one where Superman is -doing that at faster than light speeds-. Wich is what you are all preaching here.

About Thanos speed. Combat wise hes good, he spars and fights guys faster than Spiderman. Thats enought to take on Superman considering the level of durability he has.

Like those:

"Mad Thor with his power gem, Silver Surfer unloading, Odin, blasting at him with Gungir... Nothing, Tyrant"

And you can add Drax and Gamora as well.

(kudos to Dizzle).

the Darkone
Originally posted by Dizzle

Don't have speed scans, but Thanos CAN levitate. Or at least airwalk. Though I don't see all that much difference.

Just the people he's beaten has to count for something. Fallen One tried to use superspeed. Failed. Surfer is exponentially faster than Supes. Loses to Thanos. Thor can move at 3x lightspeed. Loses to Thanos, at the same time as the rest of the Avengers. Thanos is way too calm and collected when he fights, and his durability is pretty ungodly, so he doesn't use speed all that much. Regardless of whether he can catch Supes, I see no way for Superman to put Thanos down anyway. Mad Thor with his power gem, Silver Surfer unloading, Odin, blasting at him with Gungir... Nothing, Tyrant. The best Superman can hope for is a stalemate. If it's to the death, Thanos eats him.

Good job, Dizzle

you forgot one more^

I agree 100%, thanos has taken worst from others and dish it right back, you have to be on a skyfather level of power to f**k with thanos.

snoopdogg
I forgot this is All-Star Superman. He is suppose to be stronger and faster than normal Superman.

Dizzle
I forgot this is All-Star Superman. He is suppose to be stronger and faster than normal Superman.

Supposed to be. But by how much more? Strength is apparently about 3 times. How was his speed effected? His other powers? Mad Thor is quite a bit more powerful than normal Thor, who has at least as much damage potential Supes. Odin is WAY beyond base Superman. I still doubt that even the All Star has enough raw power to seriosuly injure Thanos. He's the God of bricks. It's not his offense, it's not his speed, he's just really really really hard to kill.

Fishy 500

Just the people he's beaten has to count for something. Fallen One tried to use superspeed. Failed. Surfer is exponentially faster than Supes. Loses to Thanos. Thor can move at 3x lightspeed. Loses to Thanos, at the same time as the rest of the Avengers. Thanos is way too calm and collected when he fights, and his durability is pretty ungodly, so he doesn't use speed all that much. Regardless of whether he can catch Supes, I see no way for Superman to put Thanos down anyway. Mad Thor with his power gem, Silver Surfer unloading, Odin blasting at him with Gungir... Nothing. The best Superman can hope for is a stalemate. If it's to the death, Thanos eats him.

I agree that Superman has next to NO chance of winning this .... I still think that All Sar Superman is physically stronger than Thanos !

olympian
We still need to see more of All Star before judging.

After all, from what i hear he did that exact feat after getting stronger because ofthe sun, no. wink

dvampire
Superman wins, normal or All Star. smile big grin wink

dvampire
"Superman fights at super speeds, need I show you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...124311pm3un.jpg"

Yes.

Because that is a regular speedblitz. I want one where Superman is -doing that at faster than light speeds-. Wich is what you are all preaching here.

About Thanos speed. Combat wise hes good, he spars and fights guys faster than Spiderman. Thats enought to take on Superman considering the level of durability he has.

Like those:

"Mad Thor with his power gem, Silver Surfer unloading, Odin, blasting at him with Gungir... Nothing, Tyrant"

And you can add Drax and Gamora as well.

(kudos to Dizzle).

Thanos has never fought anybody faster than Superman. confused Thanos could barely hit Cap, whos not even close to Superman in fighting/reflexive speeds. None of the Heralds fight a high speeds, if so prove it? I think Superman is stronger also, which you people can't even prove that Thanos is stronger than Superman and Superman is just as or more durable than Thanos. I still think normal Superman wins, All-Star whould destroy Thanos. smile

Avalonofthewind

I don't see how a slow levitation will help Thanos case here. Thor cannot move or fight at 3x light speed. I've never seen Surfer fight at superspeed, especially off his board. Quicksilver is a sloth next to Supes and he still doesnt have anywhere near Supermans strength, so its comparing apples and oranges.

Now, I will say Heat vision would be fairly useless if used directly against Thanos, but Cosmic blasts against Supes would be just as worthless, unless Thanos can make kryptonite blasts now.
Strength, Supes has beaten down Darkseid, there is no reason he couldnt do it to Thanos. Supes is no slouch in fighting, he's gotten damn good at it since his Byrne days.

Worst thing Thanos can do. Planet gets blown to bits. Thanos floats helplessly and gives Supes a huge mobility advantage.

ZephroCarnelian
I don't see how a slow levitation will help Thanos case here. Thor cannot move or fight at 3x light speed. I've never seen Surfer fight at superspeed, especially off his board. Quicksilver is a sloth next to Supes and he still doesnt have anywhere near Supermans strength, so its comparing apples and oranges.

Now, I will say Heat vision would be fairly useless if used directly against Thanos, but Cosmic blasts against Supes would be just as worthless, unless Thanos can make kryptonite blasts now.
Strength, Supes has beaten down Darkseid, there is no reason he couldnt do it to Thanos. Supes is no slouch in fighting, he's gotten damn good at it since his Byrne days.

Worst thing Thanos can do. Planet gets blown to bits. Thanos floats helplessly and gives Supes a huge mobility advantage.

Very logical, very sensible post.

What're you doing in a Superman thread with posts like that? wink

DarkCrawler
*ahem*

http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/transform.jpg

Thanos changes Superman's eyes into kryptonite...end of story.

ZephroCarnelian
Unless it's magic, then he's not turning Supes into anything. smile

the Darkone
What the f**k?Thanos has never fought anybody faster than Superman. confused Thanos could barely hit Cap, whos not even close to Superman in fighting/reflexive speeds. None of the Heralds fight a high speeds, if so prove it? I think Superman is stronger also, which you people can't even prove that Thanos is stronger than Superman and Superman is just as or more durable than Thanos. I still think normal Superman wins, All-Star whould destroy Thanos. smile

Thanos has fought beings faster than superman, man if you don't know don't commet on it. Thasnos has fought silver surfer, fallen one, quasar, thor, adam warlock, drax the destroyer. Thnaos last issue where he fought the fallen one, the fallen one was coming at him 3x the speed of light thanos stoped him dead in his tracks and shut down his brain basiclly putting him to sleep.

Thanos can blast superman into oblivion, thanos possesses vast cosmic and plasma energy blast and fuse them into one blast like he did against (galactus). Thanos can manipulate any forms of energy for numerous use, he's powerful enough to destroy a planet.

Thanos as a mutant eternal can increase his abilities at will like his strength, thanos match or surpass beings in stregnth by increase it will including his mental powers,stamina, durability, reflexes etc.

olympian
"Thanos has never fought anybody faster than Superman."

Silver Surfer for example is what?

"Thanos could barely hit Cap, whos not even close to Superman in fighting/reflexive speeds."

Is this a mention to IG? The same where he ko Cap with one tap?

"None of the Heralds fight a high speeds, if so prove it?"

Firelord, Fallen One, Silver Surfer.....never heard of those?

And im still waiting someone to show me where Superman has -fought - at ftls.

"I think Superman is stronger also, which you people can't even prove that Thanos is stronger than Superman"

He beats on top tiers for fun and stands its own against guys way above. I wonder.....

"and Superman is just as or more durable than Thanos."

Thanos its more durable than strong. Its his main asset.

When Superman starts to take Skyfather and above level attacks and get up for more, then you can assume such thing.

Sir Whirlysplat

"Thanos could barely hit Cap, whos not even close to Superman in fighting/reflexive speeds."

Is this a mention to IG? The same where he ko Cap with one punch?

"I think Superman is stronger also, which you people can't even prove that Thanos is stronger than Superman"

I can. He beats on top tiers for fun and stands its own against guys way above Supes.

This one is suposse to entartain the audience. Thanos its more durable than strong. Its his main asset.

When Superman starts to take Skyfather and above level attacks and ge tup to fight more, then you can assume such thing.

War World, Darkseid, Impiriex smile etc ad infinitum and this is super sundipped Supes Olympian my friend. smile

olympian
"War World, Darkseid, Impiriex etc ad infinitum and this is super sundipped Supes Olympian my friend"

Imperiex only lost the moment he showed up.

Darkseid only if you are talking pre crisis, wich to Superman its out of continuity and Warworld was indeed when sundipped.

Like the said All Star feat.

"Sundipped" he just gets more chances. Now if he shows more along the way i will reconsider.

olympian
"Yahman suggested that Thanos's limitless strength, was maybe Handbook Hyper bole, that it is yet to be proven. Thanos has struggled against the likes of champion and in coclusive against thor and Thing"

In....what against Thor and Thing?

They never won against him. Not even when increased.

"They didn't find a limit to Superman All Star either.. They said it was incaculable... but he DID do 200 quintillion effortlessly, with one hand."

After being amped. The Thread should be "sundipped all star Superman".

And btw, is issue two out?

Sir Whirlysplat
"Yahman suggested that Thanos's limitless strength, was maybe Handbook Hyper bole, that it is yet to be proven. Thanos has struggled against the likes of champion and in coclusive against thor and Thing"

In....what against Thor and Thing?

They never won against him. Not even when increased.

"They didn't find a limit to Superman All Star either.. They said it was incaculable... but he DID do 200 quintillion effortlessly, with one hand."

After being amped. The Thread should be "sundipped all star Superman".

And btw, is issue two out?

Not yet....

I have to admit I have not read one yet....

My monthly comics are waiting for me at Orbital in Charing Cross Road, the best comic book shop in the UK imo.

King KAM
ALL-STAR SUPERMAN is GOD!!!!!!!!, I LOVE thanos, but in a slugfest.....he loses baddddddddddddd, if thanos uses his mind, than superman minus well make himself a kryptonite dildo and bend over becuase his ass is f***ed

Avalonofthewind

And when did Surfer fight him at anything close to superspeed?

Is this a mention to IG? The same where he ko Cap with one tap?

What does the fact that he can KO a human have to do with speed? Matter of fact, he had to use the gauntlet to catch him because he kept evading Thanos with ease. I guess Captain America must not be faster than light too!!

And im still waiting someone to show me where Superman has -fought - at ftls.

Maybe that under 2 minute to the sun and back thing with Wonder Woman? Hmmm... Maybe containing a nuclear explosion with superspeed and tossing it into the sun before it affected anything? and this was while exposed to kryptonite. (Both times)

He beats on top tiers for fun and stands its own against guys way above. I wonder.....

Gee, becasue Supes has never beat any top tier characters before...

Thanos its more durable than strong. Its his main asset.

Yes, he's very strong against blasts, but adamantium pierces him just fine, and he's still slow, can't really fly, doesnt possess kryptonite or magic, hasnt shown any Supes level strength feats..etc..

When Superman starts to take Skyfather and above level attacks and get up for more, then you can assume such thing.

Mageddon was a weapon made to destroy gods. Supes absorbed the warhead and smiled...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Unless it's magic, then he's not turning Supes into anything. smile

How come?

kgkg
did anybody read Thanos mini?

Thanos > Adam (with gem)
Thanos blasted Galactus (not weak)
Thanos stoped Fallen One (someone who was about to kill test tube(Galactus) who was using Hyperspeed and has powercosmic ( plus void powers).
Thanos took the best of Kismet ( beyonder)
Thanos defeated Kismet

Thanos also showed that he can heal himself and (others), levitate etc.

Galatus's Robots k.o'ed Adam ---- Thanos vaporized them all with his energies.

Thanos never has problem with speed.

he can always trap people (people who are more powerful than himself)

Fishy 500
did anybody read Thanos mini?

Thanos > Adam (with gem)
Thanos blasted Galactus (not weak)
Thanos stoped Fallen One (someone who was about to kill test tube(Galactus) who was using Hyperspeed and has powercosmic ( plus void powers).
Thanos took the best of Kismet ( beyonder)
Thanos defeated Kismet

Thanos also showed that he can heal himself and (others), levitate etc.

Galatus's Robots k.o'ed Adam ---- Thanos vaporized them all with his energies.

Thanos never has problem with speed.

he can always trap people (people who are more powerful than himself)

'Thanos > Adam (with gem)' -never happened

'Thanos blasted Galactus (not weak)' - Galkactus got up as if it were nothing, he was caught suprised

'Thanos stoped Fallen One (someone who was about to kill test tube(Galactus) who was using Hyperspeed and has powercosmic ( plus void powers).' - What the hell are you talking about ? .... 'Kill test tube Galactus,' HARDLY ! The power over Dark matter is the power cosmic, i.e. Like Terrax's T.K.

"Thanos took the best of Kismet ( beyonder)"

Since when was her name KISMET ? .... he tricked he not over powered her, which is hardly impressive seeing as she was a the mental capacity of a piece of fruit ! .... I think must also point out that He was floored / ko'ed by a NuKe level blast !!!!!!!!!!!

"Galatus's Robots k.o'ed Adam ---- Thanos vaporized them all with his energies." - As if Supes couldn't handle these Dudes ! They don't have Souls, Adam (Whose normal powers are diminshed by the gem) didn't stand a chance !

"Thanos never has problem with speed.

he can always trap people "

What !!!!!!!!! According to who .... YOU ????????

confused

kgkg
Adam was knocked out Thanos wasn't.

Dark matter is the power Cosmic? you can prove this?

"The issense of the void sustains it. The binding halo by which galaxies are are made solvent." --------powercosmic?

She was weakened still hard to kill, Nuke level (and how can you tell it's a Nuke level? ) --------------- Galactus attack doesn't always destroy cities yet it's powerful to K.O beings with high durability.

Adam without the Gem ------- is herald level

No he did that to Odin

Fishy 500
Adam was knocked out Thanos wasn't.

Dark matter is the power Cosmic? you can prove this?

"The issense of the void sustains it. The binding halo by which galaxies are are made solvent." --------powercosmic?

She was weakened still hard to kill, Nuke level (and how can you tell it's a Nuke level? ) --------------- Galactus attack doesn't always destroy cities yet it's powerful to K.O beings with high durability.

Adam without the Gem ------- is herald level

No he did that to Odin

"She was weakened still hard to kill, Nuke level (and how can you tell it's a Nuke level? )"

I used my eyes !

"you can prove this? "

He makes reference to him giving him the power over Dark matter .... Its pretty irrelevant anyway.

"Adam was knocked out Thanos wasn't"

His normal power is greatly diminished with the Gem, and IMO he was well below herald level !

"No he did that to Odin"

Yes .... because Odin's renowned for his speed roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
Really you looked at the size of the whole. Like I said environmental damage doesn't mean much.

ex. Galactus , Odin etc they don't always destoy Galaxies , or Planet but blast are stong enough to knock Cosmics

what about the Galaxy part......... irrelevant agreed

Again can't be certain. Adam weaken has taken Cosmic in the past, either way low showing for Adam.

When big Dawgs battle Speed has very little do with battles.

and didn't thanos Stop Fallen One who was using Speed????

Speed in battle is overrated.

When you have power like Odin , Big G speed doesn't mean much.

Fishy 500
Really you looked at the size of the whole. Like I said environmental damage doesn't mean much.

ex. Galactus , Odin etc they don't allows destoy Galaxies , or Planet but blast are stong enough to knock Cosmics

what about the Galaxy part......... irrelevant agreed

Again can't be certain. Adam weaken has taken Cosmic in the past, either way low showing for Adam.

When big Dawgs battle Speed has very little do with battles.

and didn't thanos Stop Fallen One who was using Speed????

Speed in battle is overrated.

When you have power like Odin , Big G speed doesn't mean much.

The size of the Whole .... ? I think you mean hole .... and yes its Megaton level destruction.

"Like I said environmental damage doesn't mean much.

ex. Galactus , Odin etc they don't allows destoy Galaxies , or Planet but blast are stong enough to knock Cosmics"

Garbage ! With this arguement i could argue that Cyclops is capable of destroying plannets ! Plus none of these characters are powerful enough to destroy galaxies with single blasts ! Galactus would form into a star, if his energies where not stored within his suit ! How many stars in a galaxy ? roll eyes (sarcastic) ....

When big Dawgs .... Im very confused as to what this has to do with your 'Dawgs' ?

"Speed in battle is overrated."

I agree .... but it was your original point was to suggest that Thanos had super speed !

kgkg
Point is "Hole" can't determine the level of power of that blast not always anyway.

Did Odin create a hole when he K.O Drax , and SS etc it depends on how much power the being has. Beyonder is a powerful cube. Weaken yes still powerful.

Cyclops???????? has he destoyed planets?? is he capable ? you know he isn't

is Beyonder????? yes and am sure you know that as well

Thanos has stopped people with Speed before.

And never has problem hitting speeders either(other than Runner ( with gem) , so it's a valid assumption that Thanos can indeed deal with speed and hit his target ( trap his target)

Fishy 500
Point is "Hole" can't determine the level of power of that blast not always anyway.

Did Odin create a hole when he K.O Drax , and SS etc it depends on how much power the being has. Beyonder is a powerful cube. Weaken yes still powerful.

Cyclops???????? has he destoyed planets?? is he capable ? you know he isn't

is Beyonder????? yes and am sure you know that as well

Thanos has stopped people with Speed before.

And never has problem hitting speeders either(other than Runner ( with gem) , so it's a valid assumption that Thanos can indeed deal with speed and hit his target ( trap his target)

"Cyclops???????? has he destoyed planets?? is he capable ? you know he isn't"

But your arguement suggest other wise ! I.e. it has put Thing on his arse ... who has been hit by Gladiator .... who has destroyed planets with his fists ! Silly arguement isn't it ? smile

kgkg
"Cyclops???????? has he destoyed planets?? is he capable ? you know he isn't"

But your arguement suggest other wise ! I.e. it has put Thing on his arse ... who has been hit by Gladiator .... who has destroyed planets with his fists ! Silly arguement isn't it ? smile
hmmmmmmmmm

And when did I say Thing can take world destroying attacks

One can use that power, but are they using it always?

So you are saying we should judge how strong the blast is how much environmental damage it causes?

olympian
"What does the fact that he can KO a human have to do with speed? Matter of fact, he had to use the gauntlet to catch him because he kept evading Thanos with ease. I guess Captain America must not be faster than light too!!"

Is there any doubt in comics, that he IS? The man evades anything including Thors hammer to Hulks fists. devil

And again i wasent the one saying Thanos can fight faster than light. Im saying and i stand by it until i see a scan showing it, that Superman doesnt and never did in continuity either.

As a final note, the IG wasent operating at high levels until the end of that fight. Just so no one gets the idea that he had the full power.

"Maybe that under 2 minute to the sun and back thing with Wonder Woman? Hmmm... Maybe containing a nuclear explosion with superspeed and tossing it into the sun before it affected anything? and this was while exposed to kryptonite. (Both times)"

Scans galore coming, right?

I can already say he wasent going FTL against WW.

"Gee, becasue Supes has never beat any top tier characters before..."

Post crisis? What top Tiers in the level of WW, Orion and above has be owned casually like Thanos?

Its going to be a short list. Get ready for it.

"Yes, he's very strong against blasts, but adamantium pierces him just fine, and he's still slow, can't really fly, doesnt possess kryptonite or magic, hasnt shown any Supes level strength feats..etc.."

Combat feats count in comics as much as lifting feats. And the ones Thanos have are higher.

Including before his poweup destroying a planet when going against Drax.

If you dont count combat feats:Juggernaut/Thanos/BlackAdam and more would never qualify as big guns.

Classic Juggernaut of course.

"Mageddon was a weapon made to destroy gods. Supes absorbed the warhead and smiled..."

Wich is vague. You just need to prove how it compares with getting blasted by Odin. Actually how it even compares with the Gods of Superman universe, first.

Its the same case with Hulk`feat with the flames of life, where it was stated the protecting device was built to withstand gods.

Hulk destroyed it.

But without gods showing up, trying and leave uswith acomparation, we have nada.

Was it any in that feat?

Juntai
"What does the fact that he can KO a human have to do with speed? Matter of fact, he had to use the gauntlet to catch him because he kept evading Thanos with ease. I guess Captain America must not be faster than light too!!"

Is there any doubt in comics, that he IS? The man evades anything including Thors hammer to Hulks fists. devil

And again i wasent the one saying Thanos can fight faster than light. Im saying and i stand by it until i see a scan showing it, that Superman doesnt and never did in continuity either.

As a final note, the IG wasent operating at high levels until the end of that fight. Just so no one gets the idea that he had the full power.

"Maybe that under 2 minute to the sun and back thing with Wonder Woman? Hmmm... Maybe containing a nuclear explosion with superspeed and tossing it into the sun before it affected anything? and this was while exposed to kryptonite. (Both times)"

Scans galore coming, right?

I can already say he wasent going FTL against WW.

"Gee, becasue Supes has never beat any top tier characters before..."

Post crisis? What top Tiers in the level of WW, Orion and above has be owned casually like Thanos?

Its going to be a short list. Get ready for it.

"Yes, he's very strong against blasts, but adamantium pierces him just fine, and he's still slow, can't really fly, doesnt possess kryptonite or magic, hasnt shown any Supes level strength feats..etc.."

Combat feats count in comics as much as lifting feats. And the ones Thanos have are higher.

Including before his poweup destroying a planet when going against Drax.

If you dont count combat feats:Juggernaut/Thanos/BlackAdam and more would never qualify as big guns.

Classic Juggernaut of course.

"Mageddon was a weapon made to destroy gods. Supes absorbed the warhead and smiled..."

Wich is vague. You just need to prove how it compares with getting blasted by Odin.

Its the same case with Hulk`feat with the flames of life, where it was stated the protecting device was built to withstand gods.

Hulk destroyed it.

But without gods showing up, trying and leave uswith acomparation, we have nada.

Was it any in that feat?
Eeh, I didn't feel like reading that...not really part of the arguement therein,
But Superman has been on panel fighting at least 10x lightspeed.
And it was against Wonder Woman.
They fought on Earth, then through space, to the sun, all the way back... fought for another 11 pages or something...
And it was all under two minutes.
When it takes light 8 and a half to go -1- way.
That's far faster than lightspeed.

olympian
"But Superman has been on panel fighting at least 10x lightspeed."

Scans.

Better not be flying and or simply charging at someone with those speeds.

"They fought on Earth, then through space, to the sun, all the way back... fought for another 11 pages or something...
That's far faster than lightspeed."

Again scans where its stated they wer fighting FTL. I dont want any pseudo science takes here. Not anything against, mind you.

Juntai
Scans.

"They fought on Earth, then through space, to the sun, all the way back... fought for another 11 pages or something...

Again scans where its stated they wer fighting FTL. It doesn't have to say, MATH PROVES IT.
Max Lord was clocking the fight, the fight started at the beginning of the comic, near the end of it. He said it took "1 minute, 54 seconds."
Like I said, the fight went to the sun and back, and then for pages and pages. It takes 8 and a half minutes for light to reach the earth from the sun. A similar back and forth feat like they did would take like 17 minutes. It's simple.

Avalonofthewind
"But Superman has been on panel fighting at least 10x lightspeed."

Scans.

Again scans where its stated they wer fighting FTL. I dont want any pseudo science takes here. Not anything against, mind you.

Again, your mess up there is too much to dig through.
I and others have put up the WW and Supes fight before. Do a search..why should we do all the work for you? Juntai explained it well enough that I dont have to.

How about you show some evidence for something?

Juntai
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ww3.jpg
"One minute and fifty four seconds from start to finish."

the Darkone
Thanos will still kick superman a$$ any day of the week. Thanos is to damn versatile form him, what is it that you people don't understand. You Dc fanboys coming with his speed will make a difference it won't thanos has fought beings that will run circles around superman.

Thanos can match superman strength for strength and surpass him like all eternals can increase his abilities at will. Thanos will just encase in pisonic energy shield like he did against warror madness thor.

Just face it superman is out matched in every f**king way.

kgkg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ww3.jpg
"One minute and fifty four seconds from start to finish."
nice scan juntai

thumb up

supes is indeed getting faster.

Fishy 500
hmmmmmmmmm

And when did I say Thing can take world destroying attacks

One can use that power, but are they using it always?

So you are saying we should judge how strong the blast is how much environmental damage it causes?

'One can use that power, but are they using it always? '

Indeed ! I agree .... How do we know when they are using it ? I think enviromental damage is a good place to start ! wink

olympian
"Max Lord was clocking the fight, the fight started at the beginning of the comic, near the end of it. He said it took "1 minute, 54 seconds."
Like I said, the fight went to the sun and back, and then for pages and pages. It takes 8 and a half minutes for light to reach the earth from the sun. A similar back and forth feat like they did would take like 17 minutes. It's simple."

8 light minutes of distance from Earth.

The fight itself wasent always back and forth. Since it began and stopped there wer interruptions. Like WW being knocked out.

And real sciences applied in comics?

"Again, your mess up there is too much to dig through.
I and others have put up the WW and Supes fight before. Do a search..why should we do all the work for you?"

Because you are the ones saying hes done it before, therefore you should be the ones to provide scans. Quite simple.

I on the other hand didnt started saying Thanos fights at those speeds. I dont even know if he ever did. Im saying he has however fough pll faster than you give credit for.

Wich in comics its enough to be able to tag guys faster.

Juntai
"Max Lord was clocking the fight, the fight started at the beginning of the comic, near the end of it. He said it took "1 minute, 54 seconds."
Like I said, the fight went to the sun and back, and then for pages and pages. It takes 8 and a half minutes for light to reach the earth from the sun. A similar back and forth feat like they did would take like 17 minutes. It's simple."

The fight itself wasent always back and forth. Since it began and stopped there wer interruptions. Like WW being knocked out.
Fact is, the whole fight took place in under 2 minutes, started on the Earth, went to the sun, came back, fought for like another 10-11 pages or something, and then Max Lord clocked it under 2 minutes "from start to finish". Far faster than lightspeed fighting/reflexes/movement.

Beyonder
'Thanos > Adam (with gem)' -never happened

'Thanos blasted Galactus (not weak)' - Galkactus got up as if it were nothing, he was caught suprised

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3659/t05050ju.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5656/t05068nq.jpg

Avalonofthewind

And real sciences applied in comics?

"Again, your mess up there is too much to dig through.
I and others have put up the WW and Supes fight before. Do a search..why should we do all the work for you?"

Because you are the ones saying hes done it before, therefore you should be the ones to provide scans. Quite simple.

I on the other hand didnt started saying Thanos fights at those speeds. I dont even know if he ever did. Im saying he has however fough pll faster than you give credit for.

Wich in comics its enough to be able to tag guys faster.

So any kind of science should be disregarded, and you have no proof for the guy your backing.

Great way to debate.
By the way, the scan Juntai posted is mine. There is the proof.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.