Why Red?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
How come Sith only have red sabers? Seems weird. 1eye

exanda kane
Some have different. Just a preference I suppose and its iconagraphic with evil these days.

Darth Faunus
The color red is supposed to represent passion, which is why it is generally off-limits for Jedi, and embraced by the Sith.

Ianus
And in EU the crystals are gleaned from Ruusan and represent blood.

Tangible God
Red lightsabers represent passion, anger, violence and aggression...all the qualities needed to audition on Galactic Idol: Sith Edition.

Se7in
The Jedi controlled most lightsaber crystal sources (Ilum, Dantooine) and the Sith wanted to work behind the scenes without knowledge of their presence. They created synthetic crystals which gave the sabers a red hue.

Julie
in the KOTOR games you can have any color you want on both sides...I think the red usu stems from the intimidating factor...evil too busy to be asthetically pleasing all the time

bobcrickett
Red represents a number of things: blood, anger, passion...

The greens and blues of the Jedi are calmer colors, if I recall kindergarten through third grade correctly. Basic colors.

Gen. Chambers
Originally posted by xyz jedi
How come Sith only have red sabers? Seems weird. 1eye
How come you can never come up with a good thread? Seems weird.

overlord
In socker the team with the red shirt wins more often! According to research! Killer cool. thumb up

xyz jedi
Originally posted by overlord
In socker the team with the red shirt wins more often! According to research! Killer cool. thumb up y'sure? dance Happy Dance

overlord
Hey, what's weird about red lightsabers anyway?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by overlord
Hey, what's weird about red lightsabers anyway?

Because lightsabers are supposed to be blue. Just like everyone knows that stop signs are supposed to be red, but in Hawai'i we have blue stop signs, which is wierd to most Mainlanders.

Captain REX
*Seinfeld*

So, what about those red lightsabers? I mean, why are they red or made of light? I don't get it!

Ianus
lmao!

Rex, let's go play "socker"!!!

Master Fisto
The jedi control many if not all of the naturally ocurring 'crystals'...meaning that the sith must use synthetic ones...and for some reason i forgot why they all happen to be red...but that is definately the main reason...

right on Se7in

CaptainBen
I hold the truth

Because its badass

overlord
Ha! In the first SW drafts all stormtroopers and sith had blue lightsabers and the heroes red lightsabers, so all arguments are futile. stick out tongue

Darth Jello
Red represents aggressive emotions, blood, and danger.

It also represents royalty and was traditionally the color of the vatican inquisition and the holy Roman emperor. The original imperial color of Rome was purple, though.

overlord
Doesn't matter. Still is a stupid thread.

Council#13
Anakin had a blue one (says in a whining voice)

xyz jedi
You know, I thought that it was tradition for sith having red, like the race and planet.

Tangible God
It is. All Sith acquaint themselves with a red lightsaber, but if a red crystal is unavailable to you, then they'll use what they can get, like blue or green.

Red lightsabers aren't mandatory to be a Sith.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by bobcrickett
Red represents a number of things: blood, anger, passion...

The greens and blues of the Jedi are calmer colors, if I recall kindergarten through third grade correctly. Basic colors.

green is a secondary color

starwarsrules14
They are red because red is cool like that, better than using sticks.
"Don't make me destroy you!"pokey

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Tangible God
It is. All Sith acquaint themselves with a red lightsaber, but if a red crystal is unavailable to you, then they'll use what they can get, like blue or green.

Red lightsabers aren't mandatory to be a Sith. ah right.Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
green is a secondary color what?

overlord
Go to school! Red, yellow and blue are the primary colours and therefor green is a secondary colour. eek!

Master Naresh
Originally posted by starwarsrules14
They are red because red is cool like that, better than using sticks.
"Don't make me destroy you!"pokey

well said, and its because red represents anger and all that shit , thats y

overlord
It actually has no reason at all. Like many other SW things, it is just coincidence instead of that every little thing is pre-meditated.

xyz jedi

Ianus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_colors

Haha... stfu, kid.

overlord

calvin44

calvin44
also how i become a member and get a pic?

Barker

starwarsrules14
They are red because red kicks a** and that is all I will say....for now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.