Should Lucas change his mind and go ahead and do Episodes 7, 8 & 9?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I think he should do it and focus on the NJO era with Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher & Harrison Ford.

JKozzy
I wouldn't care either way, though he's not gonna.

Gen. Chambers
I hope he doesn't. A good dictor needs to know when to end something and Return of the Jedi is the perfect ending with the end of the Sith.

Adamwankenobi
No. But this would work great as a TV series.

ESP07
According o Lucas there is no 7, 8 ,or 9. The story ends at 6.

Darth Jello
NO!!!
unless you really liked godfather part III

Barker
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I think he should do it and focus on the NJO era with Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher & Harrison Ford.
Are You Retarded? What Makes You Think Carrie Is in Any Shape To Retake the Role As A Busty Princess?

Jedi Priestess
where is my gun............

adamrubin
no he said he was going to keep star wars films as a story of darth vader

Tangible God
Episode 7, 8 and 9 hm?

Where did I put my spare A-bomb? I know it's around here somewhere.

bobcrickett
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
where is my gun............

Oh, sorry, I was borrowing it. *blows the smoke off*

Captain REX
I think she meant this one... *hands JP a rocket launcher/minigun/Death Star*

Darth Jello
Originally posted by adamrubin
no he said he was going to keep star wars films as a story of darth vader
hence the godfather referance.
vader=vito corleoni

overlord
Seeing old geezers take on dark jedi/aliens as enemies would ruin Star Wars incomprehensibly.

queeq
I couldn't handle two more mediocre films before we get a reasonably good one. At least we still have four Sw films that get a minimum rating of good... I don't want the balance to tip to the other side.... the Dark Side.

El_NINO
I wouldnt mind if instead of doing "7,8,9" (their in quotes so that means i f) they would make a tv series based after episode 6 once they finish with the tv series between episodes 3 and 4.

Ushgarak
Yes, as mentiond, any ideas for 7, 8 and 9 are now no longer relevant, as he brought the finishing episode forward to 6 instead.

overlord
HEY!! What the hell is this thread doing here anyway?!
Wouldn't this one fit better in EU?

Still, SW movies after episode 6 would really suck, whatever Lucas does.

Dan Skywalker
No more Star Wars movies, tho he should seriously consider it as a TV show idea

Canadadude
I would not be surprised if he does make new Star Wars movies in 15 years. It is all about the money for Lucas.

Ushgarak
People always say that but I have never believed it. Besides, all he ever does with his money is make more movies.

chinabing
It is NOT all about the money for Lucas, because he says he won't do them. But perhaps 30 or 50 years down the road when Lucas is no longer around, then LFL the studio just might, unless Lucas forbids it in his will somehow.

He might change his mind, but I doubt it. He also said in '83 that he'd shoot the next movies in video, instead of film. Changed his mind on that too.

overlord
+ loads of his money goes to charity.

Canadadude
Guys, Lucas is a marketing genius and he got into the movie business to make serious money. He is going to package and repackage his DVD box sets and we the crazy fans we are will buy it.

Jedi Priestess
Not this cat. Im done.

Canadadude
Then you are a special case Jedi Priestess.

Jedi Priestess
nah I just have no need for the sooper dooper deluxe master version box set. smile

queeq
I'd probably fall for it.

exanda kane
It would have to have an exceedingly shiny box though...

queeq
Nah, just some additional stuff'll do it for me.

All GL has to do is put in the deleted Wampa attack scene from ESB somehwer in the Extras and we're all gonna buy it

Canadadude
that is my point. Lucas is a capitalist

chinabing
Great Heavens Above! What's wrong with making money?

Canadadude
nothing wrong with making money, and by the way Lucas spends his money on old rare cars. He has a nice collection and has been a car lover all his live. Directing American Graffiti was heaven to him.

overlord
You are making it look as if Lucas is desperate for money.
I have heard that argument a thousand times regarding this ep7,8,9 question and it is lame. Even if he's going to make another movie, wheter it is sequel, prequel or even Star Wars at all, it is not going to be because he needs money, it's because he wants to make a story go down in history, entertain the freaking whole world or just his own fulfillment. Who the hell would just make a movie for financial purposes?!!
It's not just some product. It's f*cking history in the making.

exanda kane
well he needs to get on form again and stop making bad movies (with the exception of RotS in the PT). He needs to make 'em like he used to. American Graffiti has maximum ownage!

DeVi| D0do
Absolutely. Lucas hasn't made a good film since A New Hope. Emipre was only a great as it was because it was the film Lucas was involved least in. He needs to go back to old school... making films that are visionary, creative and revolutionary. Not this hollywood crap (Jedi & the PT).

Son of Boromir
Honesty about carrie fisher she was fat befor the origanals she went to fat camp and if he wants to do it soon the main ones are based 25 years after the return of the jedi and its only 26 years since the rotj i think it would be kool except he would over action it

darkjedi132
I would like to see T.V series but if he could make 7,8,9 realy good then I wouldnt mind seeing those...but wasnt originaly thr supposed to be 12 eppisodes?

DeVi| D0do
No.

darkjedi132
are u sure? because didnt he base his episodes of like this Sunday Cerial Series (something like that) and those would usualy have 12 episodes

DeVi| D0do
Lucas has contradicted himself so many times on this issue I don't even pay attention to him anymore... Regardless I don't believe it was ever his intention to make more than one movie. Star Wars was going to just be the fourth episode in a Saturday Matinee serial, with the beginning and end not being shown. When Star Wars was a success he got money hungry and decided to finish the Luke story. Then when that was a success he got more money hungry and decided to turn the backstory he had written for the movies into a trilogy of its own, the Anakin story. (To make money). Now, after the PT has earned his loads and loads of money, he's doing a tv series. (Which in turn will bring him more money... go figure). To make another sequel trilogy would be nonsensical because the Skywalker story is over. (No really, it's over). And we all know how much sense Lucas has these days (little to none), so another trilogy wouldn't surprise me. After all, it would bring this already money-laden man more money... which is what we all want.

no expression

FistOfThe North
Don't forget, Lucas was an inch close to making "Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire" the movie.

chinabing
Lucas must hate money because he's not going to do eps 7, 8 and 9.

Jedi Priestess
You know, for all this talk of being money hungry etc. etc., there are very, VERY few human beings on earth, that when they find a successful way to rake in dough, suddenly go "Ok, thats good I have enough money now."

Therefore this whole Lucas is greedy argument is wearing mighty thin cause I've no doubt that 99.99999% of us would be exactly the same way. So unless one of us is up for canonization, might I suggest we drop this tiresome line of thinking. erm

DeVi| D0do
Nah.

I have nothing against Lucas wanting money. He has the right to. And he is to be commended for raking in as much as he has.

But I am proud to say that I am in that 0.00001%. I can honestly say that I really don't care for money. I'm not a materialistic person. I don't want more than I need. Which is probably why I have approximately $0.20 in my bank account.

Jedi Priestess
Guess that means you wont be taking me out to dinner. cry

DeVi| D0do
Not unless you want to go to the chinese place down the road that has cockroaches and rats all over the kitchen...

Jedi Priestess
um.......well, no Id rather not, how about I just cook eek!

Ushgarak
The 'originally meant to be 122 episodes' comes from the idea that GL once ruminated on the idea that he would have three trilogies and then three sub-films, each one xploring the life of a character. He very quickly dropped that idea.

Just so everyone understands the situation wit 7. 8 and 9... the point is that there is no post ROTJ plot that GL once had but has now sat on and might use in future.

Instead, ROTJ would originally have been episode NINE (though presumaly with a different start, as Han would not have been in Jabba's palace). All tha t stuff with new Death Stars, Endor (originally Kashyyk) and the Emperor would still have been the end of the series.

GL instead moved that three episodes forwards to VI, and sended the series there instead; he made that deciison some time after ESB was made. Gary Kurtz, Executive Producer back then (the job Rick McCallum does now) spoek openyl about all this, and revealed that the original 'sequel' trilogy plot would have involved the search for Luke's sister, who was not Leia.

But now the sister IS Leia and the story ended in VI, whatever the sequel trilogy might once have been is totally academic because it will never exist.

It is possible, for those who think he is minded, that GL or someone else with the rights will at some future time make more films set in the Star Wars Galaxy...

... but the story of Star Wars itself is finished and done with- in the same way you couldn't write another Lord of th Rings books. The story is just done. Yes, characters live on, you could even write stories about them, but that's totally different

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ushgarak

It is possible, for those who think he is minded, that GL or someone else with the rights will at some future time make more films set in the Star Wars Galaxy...

... but the story of Star Wars itself is finished and done with- in the same way you couldn't write another Lord of th Rings books. The story is just done. Yes, characters live on, you could even write stories about them, but that's totally different

The Story of "Star Wars" goes way beyond the films. Way before the TPM and ROTJ era. Ep's. 1-6 were just chapters of the massive story "Star Wars" is.

The "Star Wars" films were about Vader, really. His youth/innocence, his training, his fall, his rise and ultimate redemption. That part (ep's.1-6) of "Star Wars" was Vader's story. And that story is done. But the "Star Wars" isn't. That story will never be done. I know more films will be made, and I truly believe, that in the future, and I'm not holding my breath and maybe we won't even be here, that Ep. 7, 8 & 9 will be made. And I think fan more people would go see it than less. We do need a break, a long one, but the hunger will come back and the demand will be high, too high for Lucas not to take advantage of cause "Star Wars" is too great. And Lucas has changed his mind more than anything. Look at all he's done with "Star Wars" already. He's tinkered with it so much now it isn't even funny.

And that's on top of the fact that "Star Wars" is a cash cow.

Canadadude
I did not say Lucas is greedy. I said the guy makes movies to make money. He markets Star Wars to make money. He develops editing and sound equiment to make money. The man is a business genius and has done really well for himself. That is all I am saying.

overlord
Yeah, but he won't screw up Star Wars just to make money.

Canadadude
Originally posted by overlord

I do not understand what you are saying. Please elaborate on your statement

overlord
He won't make further episodes (sequels) just so he can make money.
And to answer your next question: Episodes about events after episode 6 will screw up Star Wars.

Canadadude
I agree with you, it will screw up Star Wars if he makes more, but I will not be surprised if he does more in 15 years.

Ushgarak
The Story of "Star Wars" goes way beyond the films. Way before the TPM and ROTJ era. Ep's. 1-6 were just chapters of the massive story "Star Wars" is.

The "Star Wars" films were about Vader, really. His youth/innocence, his training, his fall, his rise and ultimate redemption. That part (ep's.1-6) of "Star Wars" was Vader's story. And that story is done. But the "Star Wars" isn't. That story will never be done. I know more films will be made, and I truly believe, that in the future, and I'm not holding my breath and maybe we won't even be here, that Ep. 7, 8 & 9 will be made. And I think fan more people would go see it than less. We do need a break, a long one, but the hunger will come back and the demand will be high, too high for Lucas not to take advantage of cause "Star Wars" is too great. And Lucas has changed his mind more than anything. Look at all he's done with "Star Wars" already. He's tinkered with it so much now it isn't even funny.

And that's on top of the fact that "Star Wars" is a cash cow.

No, you are mistaken. Star Wars may be set in its own Galaxy, but the story of Star Wars is the story of Anakin Skywalker.

queeq
Ush is absloutely right. AKA "The Tragedy of Darth Vader" as GL puts it.

overlord
Originally posted by Canadadude
I agree with you, it will screw up Star Wars if he makes more, but I will not be surprised if he does more in 15 years. Yeah, maybe we can expect another prequel or something. Lucas said in some interview that he was thinking of a movie about the extermination of the sith with Yoda as main character..
I'm holding my breath.. pirate

FistOfThe North

lol, what do you call ep. 1.

It was regareded as a long commercial.

Jedi Priestess
Not by me.

FistOfThe North
No, you are mistaken. Star Wars may be set in its own Galaxy, but the story of Star Wars is the story of Anakin Skywalker.

I am not mistaken, Ush. I think you may be. "TPM", "AOTC", "ROTS", "ANH", "ESB", & "ROTJ" was the story of Anakin Skywalker. If quote "Star Wars is the story of Anakin Skywalker", then why do we have every, single pre "TPM" and post "ROTJ" stories titled "Star Wars"? "KOTOR" takes place thousands of years before Anakin was born and it's titled "Star Wars". Then you have "The Unifying Force", which I think takes place 30 to 35 years after "ROTJ", and it's titled "Star Wars."

What I'm saying is, is that "Star Wars" is bigger than Vader. Ep's 1-6, again, which is Vader's story, was just a significant chapter in the "Star Wars" universe continuum.

Mandos
I must agree with that statement.

El_NINO
I also have to agree

Jedi Priestess
You are speaking franchise now.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
You are speaking franchise now.

"Star Wars" is the franchise yes, but thats out of context and irrelevant to what i'm trying to say, which is that the "Star Wars" story spans thousands of years. And Vader's story (ep.'s 1-6), is somewhere in that massive "Star Wars" timeline, making it untrue that "Star Wars" is Vader's story. It's not. Ep.'s 1-6 are.

JaehSkywalker
its gl's
decision

Shadow x 20
I am not mistaken, Ush. I think you may be. "TPM", "AOTC", "ROTS", "ANH", "ESB", & "ROTJ" was the story of Anakin Skywalker. If quote "Star Wars is the story of Anakin Skywalker", then why do we have every, single pre "TPM" and post "ROTJ" stories titled "Star Wars"? "KOTOR" takes place thousands of years before Anakin was born and it's titled "Star Wars". Then you have "The Unifying Force", which I think takes place 30 to 35 years after "ROTJ", and it's titled "Star Wars."

What I'm saying is, is that "Star Wars" is bigger than Vader. Ep's 1-6, again, which is Vader's story, was just a significant chapter in the "Star Wars" universe continuum.

Because people can't come up with their own ideas so they make a story based off the Star Wars movies. Star Wars is Anakin's story.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Star Wars is Anakin's story.

Again, No It's Not. Episodes 1-6 are.

Princess Lyla
It's really that Star Wars as created by George Lucas was meant to be the story of the Skywalker family...everything else in the EU is just other people's contribution, but in essence, Star Wars as GL's concept is "The story of the Skywalker Family", that is what he created, everything else is just totally separate.

DarkYoda
The Star Wars Saga (Episodes 1-6) as envisioned by George Lucas is about Anakin Skywalker.

In a larger sense, George has also said that one trilogy is about the parents, and the other is about the kids. So you could make the argument that the Star Wars Saga is also about the Skywalkers. However, Anakin is still the center of the story... his relationship with Padme... his relationship with his son.

Star Wars is also CLEARLY a story about the Jedi and the Sith. Compellng evidence for this is the fact that Anakin (what Star Wars is about) becomes both.

At the end of ROTJ the Sith are destroyed... never to return... if they were to appear again, it devalues the whole Saga. It would be like Sauron coming back in Lord Of The Rings... what was the point of destroying the ring?

The Sith were the absolute sworn enemy of the Jedi that, apart from Anakin, were pure and unredeemable evil. Without such a strong antagonist, the story quickly becomes dull. Even if a Jedi post-ROTJ were to turn evil and use the Dark Side, this is essentially not much different than a new Sith Lord and it devalues what Anakin accomplished by killing Palpatine and eliminating the influence of the Dark Side over the galaxy.

All video games, novels, comics, etc. are all part of the Expanded Star Wars Galaxy NOT envisioned by George Lucas. He lets people play in his universe, so to speak, but he reserves the right to walk all over it if he so desires.

I honestly feel that the story Lucas wanted to tell has been told... anything more is just gratuitous... movies for the sake of movies.

Unless Lucas finds a crafty way out of this problem, there can be no Episode 7 that is compelling or that does not ruin the Saga.

However, I DO feel that it is possible for more movies as long as they are not set after ROTJ.

And I do think a TV series could explore some other stories that might be interesting.

I do love Star Wars... but I don't want to see it driven into the ground.

Ast
DY is ranting again. laughing out loud

DarkYoda
Indeed... but do you agree with my rant? shifty

Ast
I didnt read it, it was too long, but I know you, so it is against 7,8,9, so yes I agree. big grin

overlord
lol, what do you call ep. 1.

It was regareded as a long commercial. You want new episodes so bad.. Don't you?
Still.. Don't count on them too much, you can only get dissapointed.

FistOfThe North
You want new episodes so bad.. Don't you?
Still.. Don't count on them too much, you can only get dissapointed.

No. I don't.

As I said earlier that "I'm not holding my breath" & "We may not even be here when it happens"

I'd like to see more "SW" ep.'s soon after I sober up after watching the PT. But if it doesn't happen, then I'll settle for the show but i'll tell you this, If I were Lucas, I make 7,8, & but probably a few yrs after "Sith".

And I'd make it with fans in mind and with in depth focus on good detail, continuity, acting. I'd practically make the film as a nod to fans for the support over the years. As opposed to Lucas. "I make the movies cause I like 'em." lol

I'd make fans genuinly proud of "Star Wars" again. My fans would praise my version of Ep.'s 7,8 & 9 because it'll be for them and from them, and not for the loot. I'll be a billionaire already and I'd at least owe fans that much after more that a quarter of a century of SW support..

That what I would do if i were Lucas, but im not, lol

overlord
You can't place a story between episode 6 and the EU. The story ends with ROTJ. Sith are dead. Replacement villains wouldn't be accepted.
It would be almost impossible to fit them in without screwing the SW storyline up and I couldn't imagine a good story too for after ROTJ.

I don't get what attracts you so much to the ep7,8,9 idea.

If there were to be any more SW movies, I hope for stories wich have nothing to do with the other stories like in the far future, extreme past or just another reality.
Just so there can be more freedom for who ever to create a good storyline.

chinabing
Ya know I remember reading about the proposed eps 7, 8 and 9 in Starlog back in the 80s I think in a Lucas interview, (before their removal). I think he said they were about the rebuilding of the republic., just as eps 1, 2 and 3 were about its fall.

So that sounds like these purported episodes would be all about political machinations. As there was so much politics in Eps I-III, (and we know how people loved all that stuff), I think the same people who despise the prequels would hate the post-quels just as much.

queeq
Everything outside the movies are called 'Expanded Universe', i.e. spin offs from the story of Anakin. THey're addiotional tidbits, but there will be no more movies. There might be that live action tv series that GL was talking about a few months ago.

El_NINO
Oh come on now, I would bet that who ever says they would not approave of episode 7,8,9 and lets say they get made, im sure those who were opposed to them would go and watch them.

exanda kane
Yes. but only to criticise.

starwarsrules14
We would probably watch them, but in the end they would just end up getting torn apart like the PT. GL should keep the movies the same as they are now, the MOVIES are the story of Anakin Skywalker and they should keep it that way.

Ushgarak

No, again, you are wrong- George Lucas himself has described what Star Wars is.

All those others may use the logo, but they are just sotires set in the Star Wars Galaxy.

The story of Star Wars is that of Anakin Skywalker and that is simply a fact, not up for debate.

Further episodes, therefore, would have no relevance.

exanda kane
I dont care what Lucas says purely for the fact that his last 3 movies were crap. He can say what he likes but Star Wars will always be the story of Luke Skywalker (and Revan!) and I don't give a damn what the fat, turkey-neck says....

owned.purchased.destroyed

Pondo Booboo
Yeah, even as a TV mini series it would be good. As to the age of the actors, since when did all you guys get so ageist? Everyone gets old! No one questioned if Shelagh Fraser could get into a bikini when she tried out for the role of Beru Lars! If it's some guy over sixty or even seventy (Connery? Eastwood?), we don't question that. But if it's a chick it's different, huh? And I don't think Lucas is in it just for the money. He has put ALOT of money back into programs for young film makers etc. And he's probably the only director on the cusp of Hollywood who has used his OWN money to make the movies.

starwarsrules14
To make it short, If George were to make Ep 7, 8, 9, he would screw up the saga...that is all.

Princess Lyla
who cares, it's GL's story he can do with it what he wants, the universe is not gonna end if he does three more or not...get over it...

PS: A tv series would be nice though...

DarkYoda
I'm open to suggestions for an Episode 7 that doesn't suck... the problem is that there isn't... prove me wrong!!!

George Lucas himself has stated that the story is done and has been told.

GET THE F*CK OVER IT!!! mad

stick out tongue

queeq
Yup, it's over. Let's shelf the pics and watch them over and over again....well, at least the good ones. wink

vader519
When I was younger in 8th grade and TPM was about to come out, I felt like Lucas should make 7,8,9. As I got older, I began to change my mind. Now that I am in college and seen all the movies, i realize that they should not be made. Star Wars is about the life of Anakin Skywalker. How a young slave boy for Tattoine grew up to become one of the most powerful jedi's ever, only to fall from grace and become one of the most feared sith lords, to coming full circled and abeing saved by his children.

darthvader_fan
i havent seen you around lately queeq

xyz jedi
No, again, you are wrong- George Lucas himself has described what Star Wars is.

All those others may use the logo, but they are just sotires set in the Star Wars Galaxy.

The story of Star Wars is that of Anakin Skywalker and that is simply a fact, not up for debate.

Further episodes, therefore, would have no relevance. Ush. If it was about Ani it wouldn't be called Star Wars. GL's Star Wars is about a farway life a long time ago. So there sh/could be a 7, 8, 9! It could be a tripogy of trilogies!!! big grin You know Luke could remember some of the scenes about his fight with Vader and then think about the dark side. But Mara Jade would be there.

BUT NO LUKE CLONE! That just sounds dumb

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Princess Lyla
who cares, it's GL's story he can do with it what he wants, the universe is not gonna end if he does three more or not...get over it...

PS: A tv series would be nice though... No it wouldn't.

Princess Lyla
why not? they could talk more about yoda when he was young, or even what happened to Revan or something...but I think ep 7,8,9 are not happening, it would be more probable to have and Indy 5 after 4... and even 4 is not really confirmed...

overlord
I read Lucas needed to hire people for writing on the television show. stick out tongue
Apperantly he rushed into a new project again! Will he ever learn..

Princess Lyla
where did they say that?

overlord
Stumbled upon it on some news site once.. Why? Are you doubting my honesty? stick out tongue

Princess Lyla
No I dont' but if he needs a writer I'm up for it smile

queeq
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
i havent seen you around lately queeq

I'm always around though...

SW=about Anakin. What a lame thing to suggest that if it's about Anakin it should say so in the title... If so, what is Magnolia about, or Kingdom of Heaven, or I love Huckabees or or.... Anyway, SW is the Tragedy of Darth Vader. The rest is additional. Get over it.

starwarsrules14
Wasn't posted on starwars.com that he was going to make a TV series, I haven't read it myself but every SW freak I have talked to said that it was.

Master Naresh
where is my lightsaber

Princess Lyla
well I just found an article in starwars.com about the celebration 3, in which GL talks about making clone wars in 3d and 30 minutes long and doing a live action tv series between episodes 3 and 4...

starwarsrules14
I am eager to see if he carries out the live action TV series. They would be pretty awesome...

Ballister
A TV series, maybe. Movies, no. He made the OT first, and that would be the end of it. Then he made the PT to show what happened before that. if he made the movies 7-9, it would suck. As in ruin Star Wars. I mean, he has enough material to make 7, but 8 and 9? It'd be a waste.

chinabing
Yep, guaranteed. The people who despise the prequels would also hate eps 7, 8 and 9. There's no pleasing some people.

starwarsrules14
We don't "despise" the prequels, or at least I don't, we just think they could have been improved. The saga should be left alone as far as movies go.

Pondo Booboo
Darth Vader had a son by a different wife (provided he can still float his X-wing, so to speak). And that turns out to be Luke's long lost evil half brother. Together they must stop the son of Chief Chirpa, new Emperor of the ewoks. Oh, those little suckers may have had sticks before. But this time they've got a really really BIG stick! A stick so big it could destroy the entire galaxy!!!!

queeq
*jake Lloyd voice* Now THAT is SW!

overlord
Originally posted by chinabing
Yep, guaranteed. The people who despise the prequels would also hate eps 7, 8 and 9. There's no pleasing some people. You keep bringing these assumptions up as if it was you who created the prequels! eek!
Anyway, you should accept criticism, no need to get all upset about it.

I personally hope they will show Vader finishing uber fast jedi so the Vader haters on this site will finally stop with the 'Vader is slow and therefor worse than all other jedi' argument.
shifty

Princess Lyla
well he said that the characters from the movies will have little intervention so I don't know if we'll se vader too much...

queeq
I doubt it. That'd make no sense.

exanda kane
Yeah. Erm The Rise Of The Galactic Empire with no Lord Vader. What is this? Star Trek!!!

Princess Lyla
Well at first he said that some would appear but then he said none from episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6 then he said that it wasn't totally true some will appear but check this link here if you already haven't:

GL's Star Wars TV series and Indy 4

queeq
It will probably be minor characters from the films that get a larger role. Perhaps *shudder* a cameo here and there....

starwarsrules14
I heard Mark Hamill would appear at some point.

stinger78
7 8 and 9 will be made 10 years from now when lucus need some more cash after he tries to branch off and make future flops such as howard the duck 2

queeq
laughing out loud

Dirk Jade
Tv series between 3&4...? are they gonna have the original Actors? will James earl Jones DO a tv series? would you want a darth vader perading around without that Deep African Muffassa Voice?

OB1-adobe
you guys ever notice that when ever someone brings up the topic of sequel trilogy, its always some dork who is a fan of the NJO or the thrawn trilogy (I own those, still have not read them yet).

even if Gl did do it, he would do it his own way.

overlord
This thread is everywhere!!! fear

queeq
So?

darth vraya
Originally posted by Darth Jello
hence the godfather referance.
vader=vito corleoni

lol! ha ha that's a good one seriously no it wasn't

anyway,
1. Harrison ford ain't cool looking anymore
2. Mark hamil has a receding hairline and looks plain gross
3. Leia's actor (god I forget names so fast) Would look horrid as princess leia
4. Does this thread even belong here?

overlord
Yeah, still this is everywhere although it's obvious that it would be blasphemy and pure horror.

queeq
Amen to the latter.

xyz jedi
yeah. You should see SS's episodes, 7, 8, 9 and 0!!!

Talk about BAD.

They said that GL said that SS would direct them. CR-A-P.

exanda kane
Yeah lol... and Lucas' Episode 1,2 and 3. Talk about Bad aswel....

chinabing
Your disses of eps 1, 2 and 3 are getting quite tiresome. You sound proud, as if you're the first person to zing them!

exanda kane
Well I am blatantly not. So what am I now? A sheep?

darthvader_fan
what about a lizard
or a pygmy marmoset

spencerspider
Lucas will (I hate to say it) he prob gonna die before 10 years is up dude. He won't live long enough to make 7,8,9. he could make a 7 prob but i think it would be a mistake. dont do it!

overlord
Man.. Lucas is soooo old...
But there will be no sequels anyway because it is impossible.

Stun
If anyone is SO desperate for 7,8 and 9, then read the Thrawn Trilogy. Ok, it's EU, but it picks up where Jedi left off - it's the closest bet. Now, we'll have no more of this 7,8,9 gibberish!

overlord
These conversations will probably never end.. sad

But why is it still in this forum?

spencerspider
dont know...

exanda kane
Originally posted by Stun
If anyone is SO desperate for 7,8 and 9, then read the Thrawn Trilogy. Ok, it's EU, but it picks up where Jedi left off - it's the closest bet. Now, we'll have no more of this 7,8,9 gibberish!
well said.

queeq
We just love the bickering. I feel the conflict in you.... in fact, I can read them all over the place. wink

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by darth vraya

anyway,
1. Harrison ford ain't cool looking anymore
2. Mark hamil has a receding hairline and looks plain gross
3. Leia's actor (god I forget names so fast) Would look horrid as princess leia

But those are perfect reason to cast them. Realism. 7,8, & 9 doesn't have to be cast directly after ROTJ. It could be set during the Birth of the NJO which is years later. They'd look physically perfect for their respective and recurring roles, lol

Princess Lyla
I got a feeling this will never end wink

Adamwankenobi
Hey guys, maybe this'll end this. Here's a direct quote from Lucas on his 60 minutes interview:

"There is no episode seven."

There, case closed.

DEAD THREAD. DO NOT POST HERE.

Princess Lyla
hahaha nice try to end this...we've tried that already big grin

calvin44
Originally posted by Canadadude
I would not be surprised if he does make new Star Wars movies in 15 years. It is all about the money for Lucas.
omg. he could possibly be dead by then, and who would play the main characters?

calvin44
i played mini-golf with mark hmmil like 6 years ago, at my friends birthday party. my friend is rich.

queeq
Originally posted by Adamwankenobi
Hey guys, maybe this'll end this. Here's a direct quote from Lucas on his 60 minutes interview:

"There is no episode seven."

There, case closed.

DEAD THREAD. DO NOT POST HERE.

What about 8 or 9 then? Happy Dance

Stun
CASTING HAS BEGUNeek!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/lucas_jedimouse.jpg
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Saga continues May 2008

queeq
Wow... that already looks a lot better tahn the whole PT. Looks like GL has a new Sith lord in store for us.

cool_dudes_rule
it dont really bother me if he does a 7,8 and a 9 cause star wars would always still be cool.

queeq
Bet you never saw TPM and AOTC then. stick out tongue

darthvader_fan
omg those movies sucked monkey balls

queeq
laughing out loud

Stun
i hugely disagreewink

exanda kane
Originally posted by Stun
i hugely disagreewink

Then we hugely dislike your taste...