Sidious and his Amazing Control of The Force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Veneficus
Why does everyone praise Sidious and his "amazing and incredible mastery of the Force.." when he has never shown any real power other than to use Sith Lightning and chuck a few pods around?

Escape81
Well, Sidious's mastery of the Force is not subliminal, nor is it on a level that no other Sith Lord has reached. He is most certainly not a match for those along the lines of Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos, or even Darth Traya.

Janus, on the otherhand, has given some excellent points regarding the potential that Sidious had, regarding the Force. Not to mention that he is so attuned to the Dark Side that it deteriorates his very body. This is confirmed by the official website and by Lucas. While Master Windu is responsible for the current status of his face, Sidious's body is being corrupted by the immense Dark Side energies flowing through it. This is a sign that Sidious's mastery of the Force, as well as his potential is very great.

Also, he is exceptionally skilled in many of the arcane Sith arts. He has delved deeply into the art of necromancy, considering he is able to maintain his life, even as a spirit. Though he requires a clone or uninhabited body to return to a corporeal state, he is one of the few Sith Lords that we've seen - such with Exar Kun and Ragnos - to maintain his spirit after his death.

Then, he is able to put the extremely ancient Jedi Master Yoda to the test, as is Dooku. Thusly, while Dooku and Sidious may be PT Sith, they are well above the average in terms of power, potential, and ability.

Darth_Glentract
Sidious also excelled at battle meditation, using it on the ENTIRE Galatic Empire for extended periods of time.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Sidious also excelled at battle meditation, using it on the ENTIRE Galatic Empire for extended periods of time.

WTF is this? Battle Meditation on the entire galaxy? No ffing way.

Escape81
Originally posted by Veneficus
WTF is this? Battle Meditation on the entire galaxy? No ffing way.

He did it on the Imperial Fleet. No, I don't believe Glentract meant all of the Empire, its territory, and citizens. Regardless, Sidious has a very skilled amount of mastery over the Force - the Dark Side especially.

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, sorry. I noticed that I forgot to type Military after it was to late to edit. He also only did half the meditation, because he didn't weaken the wills of Rebel Troops.

Captain REX
Um, why wouldn't he want to do that?

Ianus
Perhaps he enjoyed the conflict?

Darth_Glentract
Not use it on the Rebels? It may have required to much concentration or perhaps they were to fanatical to make it have a noticeable effect.

Captain REX
Hmph.

overlord
He displayed great power with his mundo cool lightning, but everything after the OT made that seem less powerful, yet now we finally have him owning jedi masters in a matter of seconds and that damn annoying Yoda breaking his hips after fighting him.
But I agree.. It could have been better.

Ianus
Not use it on the Rebels? It may have required to much concentration or perhaps they were to fanatical to make it have a noticeable effect.

The idea of Sidious being able to use Battle Meditation on his forces (And them totally sucking without it) at all times without apparent effort or a channeling device just reeks of bullshit. It may be from a valid EU source, but it's still ridiculous.

And the explanation above seems a bit loopholish. It'd be like saying Grievous is weaker because he was force crushed by a jedi...

wait, that contrived excuse has ALSO been used. Silly me.

calvin44
wtf? if he had such good battle meditation why dont the show it in aotc or rots?

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by calvin44
wtf? if he had such good battle meditation why dont the show it in aotc or rots?

Why don't you try to become a little smarter and type using proper English.

First, he was in hiding during AOTC and ROTS.
Second, he may have been using it. You don't know how the battles would have turned out had he not been using it.

Janus, I don't see anything wrong with my explanation.

Also, he did have many meditation chambers throughout the galaxy. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

calvin44
u dont need meditation chambers for battle meditation mr. samrty pants

Darth_Glentract
It can help extend the ability of said person to a level that allows them to use it across the galaxy.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Originally posted by Ianus

And the explanation above seems a bit loopholish. It'd be like saying Grievous is weaker because he was force crushed by a jedi...

wait, that contrived excuse has ALSO been used. Silly me.

Why is that a contrived excuse? We see it, that's why he develops a cough, and we can see from the blaster bolt in the movie killing him that it was an important organ. A design flaw to be sure, but if shooting it can kill him, crushing it acting as a crippling blow is hardly outside belief to me.

As to Sideious, he was a through and through sith, of power at least comparable to yoda, and he was able to hide in plain sight of an increadbly dense concentration of force users, apparently able to cloud their visions of the future as well as orchestrate their downfall in front of them with little trace of his actions untill very near the end. That'd be a master to me.

Ianus
I find it hard to believe that a skull with brains in it and an organ sack that is entirely dependent on an exoskeleton would be suddenly a worse fighter from a force crush that affected it but didn't kill it. What did Mace do? Pinch a nerve? It's contrived. Stupid.

calvin44
i agree ianus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.