Extended Superman Returns Trailer!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BetaRayBill
Guys check this out! I found this while surfing the net. This even has some speaking parts by Routh.

I need help since the @#$% forum won't allow me to post an url for fear of spam. First person (who's been here longer than me) please reply on this thread and I'll pm u the web site and if you don't mind please add it onto a reply here.

<spoiler alert!>

I also think that in one of the scenes we see Superman in the Fortress naked with his insignia burned into his chest!?!!? Anyone else notice this or was it just me?

I think after seeing this I'm even more exited!!

BetaRayBill
Let's see if this works: (alright you gotta tyep the three w's before this sorry the site won't allow me to submit links )

supermanimagery.com/SRmovies/Superman_Returns_Teaser_Trailer.mov

DarkCrawler
Here smile http://www.supermanimagery.com/SRmovies/Superman_Returns_Teaser_Trailer.mov

BetaRayBill
Thanks Darkcrawler ! big grin What'd you think of it?

DarkCrawler
It hasn't loaded for me...does it require something for it?

Newest QuickTime?

BetaRayBill
I'm not sure... I think it took awhile to load for me as well. It's a pretty high quality file. As well I think that it's longer than the other trailer and we see other scenes as well as hear Kate and Brandon talk. It should load soon.

ZephroCarnelian
Get the newest quicktime, then you've still gotta wait a while.

It's a good trailer though.

And he sounds like Superman.

Looks like Superman. Looks like Clark.

This movie looks like it's gonna shape up to be good...

Mindship
Routh seems a little too young -- Superman is in his thirties, not twenties -- and the high neckline to the costume (and hence, this is where the cape emerges from) reminds me of a kid who tucked a red blanket into the neck of his blue undershirt. For me, neither work. But I am (or I think I am) getting used to the darker colors of the costume.

BUT...if the mood of the movie is anything like that of the trailers, then this film is gonna R - O - C - K !! despite the above

BetaRayBill
Originally posted by Mindship
Routh seems a little too young -- Superman is in his thirties, not twenties -- and the high neckline to the costume (and hence, this is where the cape emerges from) reminds me of a kid who tucked a red blanket into the neck of his blue undershirt. For me, neither work. But I am (or I think I am) getting used to the darker colors of the costume.

BUT...if the mood of the movie is anything like that of the trailers, then this film is gonna R - O - C - K !! despite the above

I think that you maybe right, I didn't notice it until u mentioned it but the neck line is rather high, but I am getting used to the darker toned costume, and I think the scene at the end with Routh descending and us seeing a close up of his face does look pretty believable as Superman IMO.

alic88
the link is not working. I cant seem to find the extended trailer anywhere in the internet

BetaRayBill
Originally posted by alic88
the link is not working. I cant seem to find the extended trailer anywhere in the internet I just checked, it is working. Do u have the latest quick time updates installed?

Jedi Shmedi
That's actually the footage that was shown at Comic-Con this year, but I've been dying to see that as well, thx for sharing!

Piedmon
I went and installed the Quicktime thing and watched it.

GODAMMIT, WHY MUST I WAIT SO LONG??? WHY???

BetaRayBill
Originally posted by Piedmon

LOL... what did u think of it?

BetaRayBill
Originally posted by Piedmon

Has it loaded 4 u yet? What did you think?

((The_Anomaly))
I've knowen about this "trailer" for like 3 months now, its a good one though..

nate100
i heard somewhere (bluetights.net i think) that they were going to explain in the film why the new suit has a raised 'S' on it.

maybe the symbol being burnt on his chest is the reason for this.

alic88
its frustrating. I have quicktime and still i cant get the file to be played.

alic88
I update my software on quick time and it says that its up to date

BetaRayBill
hey alic88 if all else fails try loading it from another computer

DarkYoda
This is not a real trailer... it is fanmade that uses real footage from Video Journal #22 on bluetights.net. The video journal covers Brian Singer at Comic-Con.

Jedi Shmedi
Originally posted by DarkYoda
This is not a real trailer... it is fanmade that uses real footage from Video Journal #22 on bluetights.net. The video journal covers Brian Singer at Comic-Con.

Well, you're partially right. As I said before, this is, in fact, a trailer, but it's the trailer that Bryan Singer showed at Comic-Con, it wasn't fan-made, it just looks like it because they were in the middle of filming while they compiled this together. smile They just showed bits and pieces of this trailer in the Video Journal.

DarkYoda
Well I was pretty sure that it was a fan trailer...

Did you go to Comic-Con? I initially saw this on another board and was told it was fan made... it didn't seem very hard for me to believe... it had the wb logo at the bottom right which is strange since it is not an official release by Warner Bros. Considering the quality of the movie footage in this teaser is roughly the same as that from the Video Journal, I'm fairly confident that it is fan made using real footage.

smile

iceman7

Routh is the perfect age for superman. Christopher Reeve was only 26 in the first Superman movie, Routh is 25.

iceman7

Producers wanted to update Superman's costume.....somehow.

olympian
The weird thing its the colors, too dark.

Ruth is not young, the guy has the same age bracet than Reeves did. Reeves just looked like he was older than that.

iceman7
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Well I was pretty sure that it was a fan trailer...

Did you go to Comic-Con? I initially saw this on another board and was told it was fan made... it didn't seem very hard for me to believe... it had the wb logo at the bottom right which is strange since it is not an official release by Warner Bros. Considering the quality of the movie footage in this teaser is roughly the same as that from the Video Journal, I'm fairly confident that it is fan made using real footage.

smile

I think you're right. I'm a video producer, and I can sometimes tell how videos are put together. The fanmade trailer feels choppy and amateurish, still interesting to hear actor's voices though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.