Mjolnir vs green lantern ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thesilverspider
compare and come up with your reasons why one is better then the other and which one would you prefer.

thesilverspider
roll eyes (sarcastic) .......

who?-kid
Erm well erm... lol

Can I pick the Green Mjolnir ?

thesilverspider
skeet skeet skeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roughrider
The GL ring, powerful as it is, is only as strong as the bearer's willpower for use. So level can fluctuate. And power runs out in 24 hours, so recharge is always having to hang around.
Mjolnir, should you be able to wield it, will make you a God. Indestructable, absorb and release devastating energy, thows at twice the speed of light, flight, open portals through dimensions, no one can forcibly take it from you, always returns to you - it's the Hammer.

Lucid Lui
For me, I'd pick the GL ring. The hammer's cooler, but only if you want mass destruction. GL ring would be much more useful in day to day life.

Khellendros
What Lucid said. If I knew I would be getting into a bunch of a super powered battles, I'd pick Mjolnir. If I could manifest one of them (and the battery to recharge the ring of course) just to use in real life, I'd totally pick the GL ring.

LethalFemme
both i'm greedy

AcousticDoc
I'll take the GL ring. Will power can be trained, but the stuff a person needs to wield majorin cannot.

ImmortalOne
Gl Ring

1. Power depends on willpower
2. Can create anything when you need anything
3. Easy to carry
4. Easy to hide
5. Not banned by state laws
6. Won's attract unwanted attention
7. Can be sold for a high price, ............its emerald you mfs !!!
8. Chicks dig it.....

Nuff said.

jrodslam
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Gl Ring

3. Easy to carry
4. Easy to hide
8. Chicks dig it.....

Nuff said.

I agree. Also it grants the wielder telepathy, mind control as well as resistance. Allies can be resisted as well. Its also a traslator and can analyze things as well. How good are the hammers matter manipulating abilities?

I take the ring.

leonheartmm
the gl does NOT make u a telepath! where did u get that from, it only provides resistance to telepathy.

gl ring is sumwhat more flexible in its powers but the hammer is a lot more powerful.

jrodslam
Originally posted by leonheartmm
the gl does NOT make u a telepath! where did u get that from, it only provides resistance to telepathy.

gl ring is sumwhat more flexible in its powers but the hammer is a lot more powerful.

Though the ethics of mind tampering may be debatable, sometimes it is necessary. As the power ring relies on thought and will to operate, mind tampering is not impossible, the real difficulty lies in properly applying the power. There lies a risk of catastrophic damage to the mind should mistakes be made. A ring wielder can use the power ring to erase portions of an individual's memories. To protect his secret identity as Hal Jordan, Green Lantern created a mental block in the mind of Major Disaster.

Green Lanterns have used mind techniques as part of training. New recruits may be subjected to mind scans by other Green Lanterns or the Guardians of the Universe. They are taught to build mental defenses to protect themselves from psionic attack.

Green Lanterns Boodikka and Kreon were forced to link and swap minds by John Stewart during their training on Oa. They discovered each other's fears and learned how to work together rather than fighting each other.

The power ring can also be used to beam information from the ring wielder to another being. Green Lanterns have used this technique to share information regarding their enemies during combat situations.

big grin

sam_drugbringer
See, the thing is, I'm really not sure I would want all the hassle of useing a ring. Did you see how much of a ***** it was for Ollie to use it in Rebirth?

jrodslam
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
See, the thing is, I'm really not sure I would want all the hassle of useing a ring. Did you see how much of a ***** it was for Ollie to use it in Rebirth?

True, but there was a time where 2 normal hillbilly's had both Hal and Guy's ring, and used them with relative ease.

leonheartmm
no no, i meant REAL soft psionic power, not some weak asspartial empathy. its true that the ring can be used for mental PROTECTION but it doesnt make u telepathic, just like power cosmic doesnt and people believe that it does. the ring has more HARD powers than soft ones, the exceptions being language translation and other low level stuff.

jrodslam
Whether it be weak, strong soft or whatever, it does allow telepathy. True the resistance is probably more powerful and used more often, but mind communication is all part of the initial trining. If its used more than the norm, its on the wearer. Hal once mind controlled the entire planet. Hes even did to to some of his teammates.

thesilverspider
Gl Ring

3. Easy to carry
4. Easy to hide
8. Chicks dig it.....

Nuff said.

well you could hide the hammer aswell (strike it on the ground twice)
chicks dig the hammer more imo thor is like a chick magnet with it gl gets no girls.

id369
can I pick Kyle's ring? then I chose the GL ring!

Avalonofthewind
Gee...that hammer looks mighty familiar.. eek!
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/894/greenlanternthenewcorps02167xu.th.jpg

Avalonofthewind
I thought this was kind of funny as well...

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2936/greenlanternthenewcorps02392ez.th.jpg

LethalFemme
can i still have both?

newjak86
Originally posted by LethalFemme
can i still have both? I think you can have anything you want. You want Iron Man's Armor with that how about the Ruby of Cyttorak its yours. wink

jrodslam
I find this soo cool.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/271/kylescar4qq.th.jpg

LethalFemme
Originally posted by newjak86
I think you can have anything you want. You want Iron Man's Armor with that how about the Ruby of Cyttorak its yours. wink

laughing out loud .........even Wonder Woman's lasso?........ laughing out loud

newjak86
Originally posted by LethalFemme
laughing out loud .........even Wonder Woman's lasso?........ laughing out loud Whatever you can have the braclets as well.

ImmortalOne
GL get no chicks ?

Shit to that !!! They can manipulate matter with those mf rings, they can make some "organs" .......grow !!!

thesilverspider
GL get no chicks ?

Shit to that !!! They can manipulate matter with those mf rings, they can make some "organs" .......grow !!!

not when you look like a mutated pig.........

snoopdogg
Can the Mjolnir do this?

Mindship
Ring, fur shurr. You wanna walk around all day carrying a hammer?

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Mindship
Ring, fur shurr. You wanna walk around all day carrying a hammer?

no turn it into a pimp cane......... wink

Superherovandal
Ring would be soooo much more practical. Its much easier to hide, nobody would notice it, plus it has auto protection. I'd want a ring with no recharging. Like Kyle's with Ion power. except without becoming omnipotent and losing humanity.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Ring would be soooo much more practical. Its much easier to hide, nobody would notice it, plus it has auto protection. I'd want a ring with no recharging. Like Kyle's with Ion power. except without becoming omnipotent and losing humanity.

i would want the ring to but the hammer i love the hammer.......

jrodslam
The ring can also render the wearer invisible. Sweet.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by jrodslam
The ring can also render the wearer invisible. Sweet.

now thats what im talking about

LethalFemme
Originally posted by newjak86
Whatever you can have the braclets as well.

and the tiara, oh and the outfit...........lol

8bitChris
The ring would be more fun.

But you get immortality with the hammer? Do you get that with the ring also?

And I can't believe anyone would argue that chicks dig a "ring" over a "hammer".

Rings are a predominantly girly accessory. Not that guys can't wear them, it's just women wear them way more than guys.

Now a hammer, that is manly. Chicks would dig a ripped guy who smashes on baddies with a hammer.

I don't think forming a green construct hand with a ring and slapping someone with it would put a woman into heat.

leonidas
certainly i think the ring is preferable. in terms of raw power though, i'd say mjollnir. it grants the power of a god (and is itself a skyfather level weapon) while the ring, as cool as it is, still leaves you mortal and is bound by a mortal's willpower.

interesting discussion though.

snoopdogg
Is BRB immortal?

Thor is a god. Thats why he's immortal isn't it? I dont think it has anything to do with the hammer making him immortal.

Odin could give me a hammer but would that make me immortal?

8bitChris
Probably.

Adam Warlock
Mjolnir

Superherovandal
GL Ring. Its Thors godliness that allows him immortality and the Godforce and Odinforce. So to a normal human it wouldn't have that. It would be cool no doubt but you can still do all the things a normal GL can. GL rings are better form.

Adam Warlock
Normal human with the Mjolnir would be around Masterson Thor or Thunderstrike level.

Masterson Thor was just slightly more powerful than Thunderstrike I think.

Superherovandal
what are Masterson Thor's powers?

jrodslam
Also just because you are immortal, that doesnt mean your ass cant be killed.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by jrodslam
Also just because you are immortal, that doesnt mean your ass cant be killed.

GL can be killed as well. Gl's are only as powerful as their wielder's will.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
GL can be killed as well. Gl's are only as powerful as their wielder's will.

I wont deny that. But there also is the auto shield that comes on when a GL's life is in immediate danger. Like a sneak attack or something. I doubt the hammer has that. However my previous post was in reply to the wielder of the hammer being immortal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.