What was the most important event in Star Wars History

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Of any Era, galactic or planetary, by anyone or anything or any group.

Master Naresh
the change of power when palpatine in tiated order 66

Ianus
The Big Bang. Before that? Nuffin'.

Ballister
Well put.

Ianus
Well, it's true.

Next on the list would be the invention of Hyperspace travel and discovery of the Jedi order.

Tangible God
You can't list the major events, they're all equal contributories.

Discovery of the Force, Hyperspace, the foundation of the Republic and Jedi, the first Jedi outcasts which would put the Galaxy into some 20 000 years of turmoil, the rise and fall of the Empire, the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

The Creator
I would actually have to say the rise and fall of the Empire.

Great Vengeance
When the whill taught the first jedi the ways of the force.

Darth_Glentract
Hyperdrive invention.

overlord
Discovery of Korriban of course!
If that one was left alone, there wouldn't be massive conflicts and wars!

Illustrious
How exactly do you measure "most important?"

And you have to understand that history of any sort is a compounding continuum, it's not fragmented "events" that occur with no rippling effect. If you measure by most influential on galactic affairs, then obviously the earlier events.

Jedi Priestess
Vaders redemption. Period.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Vaders redemption. Period.

How is Vader's redemption the most important event in SW history?

Canadadude
I have to say Luke deciding not to join Vader in ESB

henniestevens
the Clone Wars, at the begining the Republic was democratic and the jedi were powerfull. After the wars the Republic became the Empire and was ruled by an evil emperor, the jedi were almost extinct and the Sith were in control. Everything was changed and in the OT they are still struggling against the same empire. So the clonewars was very important I think.

maifoshis
jar jar binks granting palpatine emergency power and starting the whole ball rolling

DrDoom101
the destruction of alderaan (yes, im just joking)

Dirk Jade
Vader Offering Luke To "Rule The Galaxy as Father And Son" this led the emperor to beleive vader would want to take over (heir to the empire conversation between luke and jade) thus leading to the confrontation with the emperor trying to convert luke leading to his demise leading to the fall of the empire leading to mara jade unemployed and thrawn coming to power leading tohim finding master cboath leading him to hunt down luke and leia and the twins leading to luke falling to the darkside.

Darth_Glentract
Without hyperdrive, no Luke, no Vader, no Republic, no Sith, no Jedi, no Empire.

Darth Traya
Technically, Glentract is right. The Infinite Empire was more influential.

Tangible God
The Rakata are actually the most important. If you didn't have them, well....the galaxy would be alot different, for good or bad.

starwarsrules14
I would have to say the fall of Anakin Skywalker.

Se7in
Invention of hyperspace, discovery of the Force.

overlord
When was the discovery of the force? smile1

mace=badass
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
When the whill taught the first jedi the ways of the force.

Whill?
Have you been reading Super Shadow?

Council#13
Originally posted by Ianus
The Big Bang. Before that? Nuffin'.

Too true cool
Yes he has been reading super shadow i think.
For the sith, it was that battle when they were all killed. for jedi it was battle of geonosis and order 66. for the emperor it was the battle of endor and the destruction of the second death star. it all depends on perspective

Canadadude
Originally posted by mace=badass
Whill?
Have you been reading Super Shadow?

it could be him, he does post around here from time to time

xyz jedi
when C-3PO and R2-D2 went in that ship to Tatooine in ANH.

when TC-14 told the ambassador that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are jedi nights.

overlord
Originally posted by xyz jedi
when C-3PO and R2-D2 went in that ship to Tatooine in ANH.

when TC-14 told the ambassador that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are jedi nights. I can imagine something with the first but the second one isn't that important.. laughing

Master Naresh
NO, I REALIZED IT!, IT WAS THE BIRTH OF GEORGE LUCAS, WITHOUT HIM NO SW!

overlord
Originally posted by Master Naresh
NO, I REALIZED IT!, IT WAS THE BIRTH OF GEORGE LUCAS, WITHOUT HIM NO SW! I think we must all agree with the above post. Now we can finally end this futile thread.

Master Naresh
yup!

Darth_Glentract
No, it was the birth of GL's dad.

overlord
OMFG R0XX00Rz!!1 M0sT ImP0rT4Nt \/\/4S teh Cr34t!0n 0f OuR 0Wn UnIv3RS3!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.