green lantern(hal) vs. thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
hal jordan with 8 GL ring like in issue
49#

DrDoom101
wolverine wins

id369
Um Thanos base Level>Silver Surfer> any GL.
So Tnanos>Any GL

And Thanos prep time >>huge gap>>GL.

Thanos with Heart of the Universe > Parallax Zero Hour.

Anymore questions?

ImmortalOne
Suppose that this is Thanos normal level, the level where he killed SS and got stabbed by Logan.............

Well, IMO with 8 gl rings, if your willpower is strong enough to create an 8 megaton big-ass hammer, you'll get an 64 megaton big-ass hammer, this theory has not been approved but it could work.........

If the theory above works, then GL win. But if it doesn't Thanos wins...

long pig
Hell yea to the "8 megaton big ass hammer"!!!!!

What would one of those be capable of?

ImmortalOne
I dunno........ breaking Hulk's hard-on ??

jrodslam
Originally posted by id369
Silver Surfer> any GL.

no

I do think Hal loses to Thanos however.

leonheartmm
if i remember correctly, it doesnt matter how many gl rings a guy has, its his willpower that matters, havin said that if by 8 gl rings u mean hal's power multiplied by 8 than thanos might as well say his prayers already, on the other hand, normal hal is not on par with surfer and will lose to thanos.

jrodslam
Well when Hal had the 10 rings on, his blast were multiplied. True its the willpower that ables the ring to work, but that indeed was Hal x10. Its like having 10 guns in your hand to everyone else's 1. Even Sinestro said it would be an unfair advantage. And on a side note Hal is very much on par with Surfer.

sam_drugbringer
Originally posted by leonheartmm
if i remember correctly, it doesnt matter how many gl rings a guy has, its his willpower that matters, havin said that if by 8 gl rings u mean hal's power multiplied by 8 than thanos might as well say his prayers already, on the other hand, normal hal is not on par with surfer and will lose to thanos.

This is correct. anything hal could do with 8 rings, he could do with 1. Each induvisual ring takes willpower to cotrol, so if he COULD create a 8 megaton hammer with one ring, with 8 he would be able to make 8 1 megaton hammers.

jrodslam
But you have to remember that the rings work on a psychological level. Thus if the wearer does wear more rings, that boosts the confidence level as well as the willpower level. Example is Hal blowing up a planet. Hes done it with 1 ring. However if he had 8, his confidence may be boosted to where he feels he can destroy an entire solar system. One would think "More rings means more damage". So in a way i think the multiple rings would help alot.

Adam Warlock
Silver Surfer is what A GL should be like power wise. But, a GL still only has the reflexes, durability, strength of the ones wielding them unless they will it. In other words, if both were bloodlusted, Hal wouldn't even see Surfer coming...

Thanos > Silver Surfer > Hal... sad

jrodslam
Power wise, a GL has shown to be equal to Surfer in EVERY way. The GL is Hal, so he indeed has a high level of durability, strength and reflexes via power ring and willpower. And when it comes to willpower, Hals #1. If both were bloodlusted, Hal would see/know Surfer was coming because the ring would tell him, so Surfer speed blitzing nulled.

Thanos > Hal > Surfer... yes

Keep the faith rock

leonheartmm
no actually the surfer is superior, unless ofcourse, ur gonna take plot induced stupidity like gl containing a universe destroying explosion with a single ring, n thas just silly.

superman302
Gl is above the surfer, they can do anything the surfer can do plus more.

leonheartmm
no they cant.

jrodslam
Actually no, the Surfer isnt superior at all. GL feats arent plot induced stupidity. Its all willpower. Some can and some cant. Simple. Unless from now on whenever a GL shows a high showing of willpower/feat, its only "plot induced stupidity"? Good excuse. A single ring you say? Yes a simgle ring which is the most powerful weapon in the universe. I dont see anything silly about that. Some have hammers, bands, gems etc.

thesilverspider
tell me what hal can do that the surfer cant

jrodslam
I dont think that there is anything one can do that the other cant. In my opinion, their powers are equal in every way. Unless someone can show otherwise. Although ive never seen surfer contain a supernova. He's talk about going through them, something which a GL has done as well as contain.

leonheartmm
everyone tends to forget that no matter HOW MUCH willpower a gl has, there is infact a limit to how much energy they can have depending on their charging LANTERN, they can not exceed that limit, also the energy itself comes from OA, and even when a gl is fully taped into it and has nearly infinite willpower he can NOT exceed the power of the oa energy, OA energy is NOT equal to the power of a universe, not even by a long shot. and u people do realize that if individual gl's really were that powerful and had that kind of potential. thatd mean we have literally thousands of beings in the mainstream dc universe who were as powerful if not MORE powerful than the antiminotar or abstracts, n thas RIDICULOUS. i dont call it PIS without any reason u know. i like gl, but theyr not what people make em to be these days.

jrodslam
As far as I know, a GL never reached his limit in how much energy they can have. Considering the 24 hopur charge, ive never heard of them not doing something becuase they donr have enough energy besides needing a recharge. You say OA energy is not equal to the power of the universe, but OA energy/willpower is gathered from every living being in the universe. Then all that energy gets amplified by the wearer a million times over. Thats why containg something such as a supernova wouldnt be so hard to believe.

leonheartmm
supernova is ONE thing, containing a universe destroying explosion is QUITE another

leonheartmm
and even the supernova thing seems ridiculous considering the normal power level of a gl.

thesilverspider
the surfer does have an advantage in the strength department and having the power cosmic which lets him amp himself up.

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Power wise, a GL has shown to be equal to Surfer in EVERY way. The GL is Hal, so he indeed has a high level of durability, strength and reflexes via power ring and willpower. And when it comes to willpower, Hals #1. If both were bloodlusted, Hal would see/know Surfer was coming because the ring would tell him, so Surfer speed blitzing nulled.

Keep the faith rock
Current Hal got nothing on Surfer

Juntai
Originally posted by kgkg
Current Hal got nothing on Surfer Eh... we really have yet to see.. Hal's only had what like... 10 issues or something? lol.

kgkg
Originally posted by Juntai
Eh... we really have yet to see.. Hal's only had what like... 10 issues or something? lol.
ya but Pre Crisis Hal was comparable to that of Surfer.

did you see the recent scans i posted agaisn't that Shark

here i will do it again

kgkg
Force field Broken

Juntai
ya but Pre Crisis Hal was comparable to that of Surfer.

did you see the recent scans i posted agaisn't that Shark

here i will do it again I think pre-crisis outranks Surfer...
and yah, Surfer has had low moments to.
Wait till we see some of Hal's higher marks.

kgkg
Run's outta of energy all he did was mess with the mutant shark

thesilverspider
come on those sharks are badass..................................................................... shifty

kgkg
I think pre-crisis outranks Surfer...
and yah, Surfer has had low moments to.
Wait till we see some of Hal's higher marks.
Even Pre-Crisis hal had Musterning his will to do feats SS does with no problem.

Pre Crisis hal might have higher level of feats with Mustering all his will.

But those feats SS has done it with ease.

Hal has changed still stong but his feats or showing doesn't look that good so far but that can change since his power is based on will power.

kgkg
Originally posted by thesilverspider
come on those sharks are badass..................................................................... shifty
hardly a Galactic problem shit Hal use to deal with in the past.

Juntai
Even Pre-Crisis hal had Musterning his will to do feats SS does with no problem.

Pre Crisis hal might have higher level of feats with Mustering all his will.

But those feats SS has done it with ease.

Hal has changed still stong but his feats or showing doesn't look that good so far but that can change since his power is based on will power. Yah, but SS also got board-jacked and was suddenly powerless to do anything. lol.
See what I'm saying? Everyone has low end feats.
Chalk this shark up as one of them
Let Hal get rolling again.. We'll see.
big grin

kgkg
Yah, but SS also got board-jacked and was suddenly powerless to do anything. lol.
big grin
true we have to wait

but i hardly doubt they will make Hal at Pre Crisis supes level

Juntai
true we have to wait

but i hardly doubt they will make Hal at Pre Crisis supes level Why not? Superman himself is closer every issue.. He's moving multiples of lightspeed and doing planet-buster punches now.
Then again, the whole Crisis seems like a Superman/Spectre storyline.

thesilverspider
hardly a Galactic problem shit Hal use to deal with in the past.

exactly something hal aint used to

thesilverspider
Yah, but SS also got board-jacked and was suddenly powerless to do anything. lol.
big grin

in the surfers defence the writers tend to forget all of the surfers powers
like being able to fly with out his board

kgkg
Why not? Superman himself is closer every issue.. He's moving multiples of lightspeed and doing planet-buster punches now.
Then again, the whole Crisis seems like a Superman/Spectre storyline.
that whould make a boring story whould it not.

Juntai
in the surfers defence the writers tend to forget all of the surfers powers
like being able to fly with out his board Eh... he had to learn to summon a new board to fly again.
Without it, he was walking, and seemed exhausted and short on power.

Juntai
that whould make a boring story whould it not. I dunno, I think it's in the hands of the writers. They obviously did a good job once before.

Adam Warlock

Keep the faith rock

Cosmic Awarenes will detect Hal. Both written to potential Hal will fall to the Silver Surfer.

Thanos 10 > Silver Surfer 9 > Hal 8

thesilverspider
Eh... he had to learn to summon a new board to fly again.
Without it, he was walking, and seemed exhausted and short on power.

my exact point on bad writing

Adam Warlock
Ring didn't save Hal from Thor:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/4d776def.jpg

Batgod saves the day!

kgkg
Originally posted by Adam Warlock

Batgod saves the day!
why is that pic so famous

leonidas
maybe jun or jr know this: has hal been able to time travel with his ring? i can't recall an incident off hand. ss HAS done that.

gl hal written correctly likley is equal to ss in almost everyway. does the current ring need to be charged still? if it does, that's another ss advantage. ss could just keep fighting til the charge runs out. even if it doesn't need charging, there is a chance ss could just fight until hal gets weary and his will begins to fade.

power-wise, it is very close -- too close and likely 50/50 looking at just power. however i'd give ss the majority based on what i mentioned above.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
maybe jun or jr know this: has hal been able to time travel with his ring? i can't recall an incident off hand. ss HAS done that.

gl hal written correctly likley is equal to ss in almost everyway. does the current ring need to be charged still? if it does, that's another ss advantage. ss could just keep fighting til the charge runs out. even if it doesn't need charging, there is a chance ss could just fight until hal gets weary and his will begins to fade.

power-wise, it is very close -- too close and likely 50/50 looking at just power. however i'd give ss the majority based on what i mentioned above.
Hal has stoped time itself in his pre-crisis day

i don't think time travel is much of an issue.

has any Post-Crisis Gl's have done anything that have effect Space/Time

can someone post Scans.

Jrod?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Adam Warlock

Batgod saves the day!

You continue to show that scan to prove what? You dont even know if DC's Thor is stronger than Marvel's Thor. And lets not get it twisted. Surfer has some low showings as well.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6121/surfergetscombo9dp.th.jpg

jrodslam
Originally posted by leonidas

Yes Hal has time trveled many times. All GL's are able to do so. Also, yes the ring still needs to be recharged. I dont think Surfer has the advantage over Hal in any way. True after 24 hours or extensive use of the ring, the GL needs to recharge. However, after extensive use of the power cosmic, Surfer gets drained as well. I still say they are 50/50. But ofcourse im going for Hal.

thesilverspider
What the f**k? What the f**k? what comic is that

jrodslam
Hal has stoped time itself in his pre-crisis day

i don't think time travel is much of an issue.

has any Post-Crisis Gl's have done anything that have effect Space/Time

can someone post Scans.

Jrod?

I dont own or have any post crisis scans of any GL seffecting time/space, so i cant help you with that. A current GL is no different from a pre-crisis Gl imo. If you want to see more current feats youre going to have to give Hal some time. I mean hes only on issue #5.

Has Silver Surfer done anything that effects time/space post HoM? Last time I checked, i saw him surfing with some surfer dudes in Cali i think.

jrodslam
What the f**k? What the f**k? what comic is that

Defenders.

kgkg
I dont own or have any post crisis scans of any GL seffecting time/space, so i cant help you with that. A current GL is no different from a pre-crisis Gl imo. If you want to see more current feats youre going to have to give Hal some time. I mean hes only on issue #5.

Has Silver Surfer done anything that effects time/space post HoM? Last time I checked, i saw him surfing with some surfer dudes in Cali i think.
post HOM? he doesn't have any comics no more sad

i have never seen Kyle do anything relating Time.

i mean you are the Gl fan here so do you know any Kyle and other Gl having any time etc feats.

doesn't really have to be Hal

Juntai
post HOM? he doesn't have any comics no more sad

i have never seen Kyle do anything relating Time.

i mean you are the Gl fan here so do you know any Kyle and other Gl having any time etc feats.

doesn't really have to be Hal Well, he battled Parallax in multiple places in time.
Or a space feat.. uhh... he willed himself to appear at the edge of the universe to get Hal in Final Night?

kgkg
You continue to show that scan to prove what? You dont even know if DC's Thor is stronger than Marvel's Thor. And lets not get it twisted. Surfer has some low showings as well.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6121/surfergetscombo9dp.th.jpg
SS and Strange were down for moment as it state

and SS was attacked from Behind that being said

SS has some very rare Low showing

and some > Skyfather showings

kgkg
Well, he battled Parallax in multiple places in time.
what issue

you mean he was doing that with his own power trav. to dif time?

jrodslam
SS and Strange were down for moment as it state

and SS was attacked from Behind that being said

SS has some very rare Low showing

and some > Skyfather showings

Ok so Strange and Surfer were both down momentarily. Point is they were down. How long after Hal was down did he get up? Do you know? Whats more of a loweer showing, Surfer going down by Absorbing Man or Hal going down by a DC's version of Thor? You always show that pic which proves nothing.

Hal doesnt have that many low showings as well. He too has some very high feats.

thesilverspider
Ok so Strange and Surfer were both down momentarily. Point is they were down. How long after Hal was down did he get up? Do you know? Whats more of a loweer showing, Surfer going down by Absorbing Man or Hal going down by a DC's version of Thor? You always show that pic which proves nothing.

Hal doesnt have that many low showings as well. He too has some very high feats.

i got 2 defend my fellow silver surfer fanboy.kg aint show the scan of dc thor it was warlock.your also asking the wrong question the question you should be asking is what's the lower showing going down by absorbing man or a bunch of sharks.

jrodslam
i got 2 defend my fellow silver surfer fanboy.kg aint show the scan of dc thor it was warlock.your also asking the wrong question the question you should be asking is what's the lower showing going down by absorbing man or a bunch of sharks.

Well for one, i have no problem with you defending your fellow SS fanboy, but les be real here. ?The scan Kg showed was a DC version of Thor. It may have been Warlock, but we still dont know how strong that person was.

Secondly, Hal didnt go down by a bunch of sharks. It was one Shark. And when this Shark, is probably 30cl by himself. He also has telepathic abilities. AND when he bites you, it triggers fear in his prey and paralyzes them. That didnt work on Hal. It just slowed him down. Hal didnt lose to the Shark. The fight was interrupted by aliens.

So technically, it is a lower showing for Surfer going down to AM, then it is for Hal going down to DC's Thor. Cause he sure didnt go down to the Shark.

thesilverspider
Well for one, i have no problem with you defending your fellow SS fanboy, but les be real here. ?The scan Kg showed was a DC version of Thor. It may have been Warlock, but we still dont know how strong that person was.

Secondly, Hal didnt go down by a bunch of sharks. It was one Shark. And when this Shark, is probably 30cl by himself. He also has telepathic abilities. AND when he bites you, it triggers fear in his prey and paralyzes them. That didnt work on Hal. It just slowed him down. Hal didnt lose to the Shark. The fight was interrupted by aliens.

So technically, it is a lower showing for Surfer going down to AM, then it is for Hal going down to DC's Thor. Cause he sure didnt go down to the Shark.

dc thor looks like a clown and am aint no pushover 2 begin with.now you cant tell me that hal wasn't struggling with the shark a fu*king shark.

jrodslam
dc thor looks like a clown and am aint no pushover 2 begin with.now you cant tell me that hal wasn't struggling with the shark a fu*king shark.

Who cares what DC's Thor looks like. Its about the power, not the look. And AM aint a pushover, but Compared to a mimic Thor, Absorbing Man is just not on tghe same level.

And you keep saying that hes just a shark. A shark thats evolved 1,000's of years, has telepathy, grows to over 30 ft, can paralyze his victims, and walk on land. Hes not just a shark. And id put my money that hed beat the hell out of Absorbing Man.

thesilverspider
Who cares what DC's Thor looks like. Its about the power, not the look. And AM aint a pushover, but Compared to a mimic Thor, Absorbing Man is just not on tghe same level.

And you keep saying that hes just a shark. A shark thats evolved 1,000's of years, has telepathy, grows to over 30 ft, can paralyze his victims, and walk on land. Hes not just a shark. And id put my money that hed beat the hell out of Absorbing Man.

now your really underrating absorbing man

sam_drugbringer
The Shark man is indeed jobing for Hal. He should get rid of him as eaisly as superman would.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
The Shark man is indeed jobing for Hal. He should get rid of him as eaisly as superman would.

exactly its a shark

jrodslam
now your really underrating absorbing man

Not at all. But he would lose to the Shark though.

snoopdogg
exactly its a shark Are you mentally challenged?

thesilverspider
Not at all. But he would lose to the Shark though.

i doubt that am gots alot of in his bag of tricks wink

jrodslam
i doubt that am gots alot of in his bag of tricks wink

Maybe. But take my word for it. Hed lose to the Shark.

thesilverspider
Maybe. But take my word for it. Hed lose to the Shark.

i cant just take your word for it

jrodslam
Shark III

The explosion of an experimental atomic pile bombarded a prowling tiger shark with radiation. Millions of years of evolution occurred in a matter of minutes.

The Shark now possessed incredible mental powers, including matter manipulation and powerful energy bolts. With his mind reading ability he absorbed vast knowledge from the people around him. He found he could project fear in anyone he chose. The Shark was still motivated by one driving force, to seek prey. He used his powers to make himself appear more human, and adopted the name "T.S. Smith" to stand for "Tiger Shark."

thesilverspider
Shark III

The explosion of an experimental atomic pile bombarded a prowling tiger shark with radiation. Millions of years of evolution occurred in a matter of minutes.

The Shark now possessed incredible mental powers, including matter manipulation and powerful energy bolts. With his mind reading ability he absorbed vast knowledge from the people around him. He found he could project fear in anyone he chose. The Shark was still motivated by one driving force, to seek prey. He used his powers to make himself appear more human, and adopted the name "T.S. Smith" to stand for "Tiger Shark."

i know he is badass its just that its a shark you got to admit that's pretty stupid a badass shark sad

kgkg
not only shark here is another one

i haven't seen any high Durability showing for any Gl lately

any scan of durabilty?

jrodslam

any scan of durabilty?

Not only Absorbing Man but heres another one. Surfer can take his own blasts redirected at him? Not good.

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3886/surfersblastredirectedathim6he.th.jpg

jrodslam

any scan of durabilty?

John was down, but was back up and fighting on the next page.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2636/johnbackupnextpagevsomacs0kg.th.jpg

And before that, he was fighting 3 Omac's. Something you failled to show. Protecting himself, Supergirl and Green Arrow. Pretty good durability if you ask me.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2728/johnvs3omacs4be.th.jpg

jrodslam
Another current showing of durability.

http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/2751/manhunternukedetonation1rl.th.jpghttp://img500.imageshack.us/img500/9149/haltakesnuke0nf.th.jpg

Avalonofthewind

any scan of durabilty?

Here is Kyle taking a shot from Solaris. I'd say thats a pretty good durability feat.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2682/glonemillion215rw.th.jpg

jrodslam
John Survives the sun going nova. He protects Manhunter too. Pretty good durability feat imo.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5674/cosmicodysseytpb0975as.th.jpghttp://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3109/cosmicodysseytpb0983ns.th.jpg

Avalonofthewind
Here's Kyle surviving a planet destroying blast.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4274/legendsofthedcu38p076rp.th.jpg

More powerful than a star?
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9730/legendsofthedcu38p083vl.th.jpg

Here is Kyle REBUILDING the planet after it was destroyed on the same charge.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7308/legendsofthedcu38p221zr.th.jpg

Respect GL.

jrodslam
^ thumb up Respect GL indeed.

snoopdogg

any scan of durabilty? kg that was a pretty dumb thing to ask.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by snoopdogg
kg that was a pretty dumb thing to ask.

Yup.

Green lanterns are frikking awesome, lol!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.