Star Wars - Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess

Council#13
I see.... (didnt really read it!)

FistOfThe North
Profound. I know this books gonna be real good. Probably one of, if not the best PT book. I'm picking it up today..

Luceno rocks. "Labyrinth.O.E." rocked too, but I know he put more effort into this one knowing it's about an important character at his most agonizing times..And how he became to be. In Ep.3 we saw Anakin turn. In "Dark Lord" we get to see how Vader took care of things as Vader right after Ep. 3. Vader was always a person I always really wanted to know more about. Him and Palpatine and Darth Maul.

I remember reading a copy of the comic "Star Wars Tales" where it was Vader's birthday, and he was kinda upset that no one had acknowledged but he knew everyone was scared to do so. But there was this Stormtropper that did remember. And the comic went on about this Stormtropper telling his comrades about it and how he came to find out about it and how Vader was acting differently, something about "Vader is trying to make it obvious to us but indirectly." Then towards the end of the story Vader went into the Stormtropper area to summon them for a briefing on a mission the had to go to, and while they where all stepping out, that one Stormtrooper, who was the last one out, patted Vader's arm/shoulder and away from the attention of the others said "Happy Birthday" and kept walking.

Vader stayed still looked the other way into the empty room, and left.

Normally, Vader would've killed a Stormtropper immediately, but he didn't this time. He went on with the briefing..Cool, i wonder what he Vader was thinking.

xyz jedi
dots

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by xyz jedi
dots

You're not used to Vader being like that, hu?

lol

I'm assuming that this new book will have even more interesting surprises surrounding young Vader.

Hey, Padme did say "There is still good in him"

Even Luke knew it and said it. He even said it to Vader himself in ROTJ, and Vader didn't really protest against that fact either..

Delta 62
After I spent $30 on WotW earlier..I had totally forgotten about this. Broke as a joke now sad

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Delta 62
After I spent $30 on WotW earlier..I had totally forgotten about this. Broke as a joke now sad

Alot of this cam out yesterday, on Nov 22. the "WotW" Dvd, Xbox 360, "The Rise of Darth Vader" book and more...

Must be a business/Thanksgiving strategy/Holiday marketing type 'o thing..

SS_181st_Snow
Wow, that sounds awesome, I am so buying this book.

Captain REX
Wow, that's deep. It also explains the mechanical things around his throat when the Emperor's lightning goes into him.

Lana
I saw this book in Borders yesterday. Sounds neat smile

Darth_Glentract
I'll probably pick it up once I finish Cestus, LOE, and DN3.

Decay
anybody have a clue when its out in australia? we get so few, at least where i am. i really want this book but i think the only place i can get it is amazon. if i do that though ill end up spending alot more than i want to on a bunch of other stuff that i dont really care about.

Escape81
This book is outstanding. In my opinion, it even surpasses LOE. Luceno has Vader written very well, as he does Sidious. He even goes so far as to highlight how the friendship between Vader and Tarkin began.

10 out of 10.

Ianus
Really? Sounds good.

Escape81
It describes the weaknesses of Vader's suit, and so forth. It confirms what most have said. He's slower and lacks the finesse he used to have, but is far stronger and overpowering. Strength for speed. In my eyes, I'd rather have the second than the first.

The Creator
So does he have any amazing force feats?

Darth Avis
i already got a hold on the book at the library. I dont buy books. waste of money.

Ianus
Originally posted by Darth Avis
i already got a hold on the book at the library. I dont buy books. waste of money.

Heresy!

Darth Avis
?

Escape81
Originally posted by The Creator
So does he have any amazing force feats?

No. No, he does not. Vader's noteworthy abilities are merely the new traits of patience and cunning that he has developed. In his suit, he is no longer swift. A mere boy of 5, I believe, could outrun him. It also specifies that he cannot generate Force lightning nor can he use the Force to leap as far; but this is countered by his prosthetic legs being far stronger than any human's, a la Grievous.

Comparisons between Darth Vader and General Grievous are made quite often. They possess many similarities. His strength is undeniable, and he is capable of killing simply by beating his enemies into submission using his impressive strength.

But no. Nothing particularly cool.

Ianus
Well, I recall hearing that the technology used on Grievous later on went into the workings of Vader's suit.

Darth Faunus
I'm on page. . . 274 as we speak. Er, type.

As Escape said, 10/10 so far. A magnificent piece of work.

Canadadude
I read it last night and I thought it was not that bad. I liked the suite part and the parts with Tarkin in it. I did not like the fact it took 80 pages to get to the Vader parts and the fact R2, C3P0, and Chewie are in it. I hope he writes more books with Vader in mind.

SnakeEyes
New article type thing: http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/f20051122/index.html

Great Vengeance
Escape gave it a 10/10...

Definately need to pick it up.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Escape81
This book is outstanding. In my opinion, it even surpasses LOE. Luceno has Vader written very well, as he does Sidious. He even goes so far as to highlight how the friendship between Vader and Tarkin began.

10 out of 10.

Wait a minute. Anakin first met Tarkin when he was a 13 year old padawan when he was on a mission with Obi Wan on planet Zenoma Sekot in the book "Rouge Planet".

Escape81
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Wait a minute. Anakin first met Tarkin when he was a 13 year old padawan when he was on a mission with Obi Wan on planet Zenoma Sekot in the book "Rouge Planet".

But they do not become friends, there. This is where their partnership begins.

Darth Jello
i know this might be reading in to it too much, but based on his portrayal in the movies and the novels, Tarkin seems like and ammalgamation of Henry Ford, Charles Lindberg, Heinreich Himmler, Joseph Goebbles, and Albert Speer to me.

Darth Takáta
dots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.