The Thing vs Kyle Rayner GL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
alright, in JLA/Avengers, ionic Wonder Man was getting the best of Kyle before Superman saved Kyle's ass. So how would Benjy do?

Avalonofthewind
Kyle would utterly destroy him.

kgkg
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Kyle would utterly destroy him. ya pretty much

but that JlA/Avenger is Retcon so going by that Ben whould win.

WM was all over kyle

Juntai
In a non pis/cis environment, like the forum...
Kyle could probably take both of those guys at once.

Adam Warlock
Kyle was crapping his pants and was about to get clobbered before Blue Boy saved his life.

It was canon right?

Juntai
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Kyle was crapping his pants and was about to get clobbered before Blue Boy saved his life.

It was canon right? Yep, but that doesn't change anything I've said... canon comics are often afflicted with PIS syndrome. Kyle could have easily turned all of his efforts into another form of energy, and outputted it as slabs a meat through a giant grater and fed a small country on the planet of Kalzoolark.

The very same reason he didn't solo the entire other team is my guess, when he's done similar feats anyways. Or Superman speedblitzing, and taking out all but 1 or 2 members before they could even react could also have happened. .. . but didn't.

Piedmon
Yes. Avengers/JLA is canon.

Still.... Wonder Man's particular nature (being made of ionic energy) might give him an advantage against Kyle Raynor that Ben Grimm would lack. Wheras Grimm could normally defeat Simon, he still would be unable to do anything against Kyle's energy constructs. Sort a rock/paper/scissors thing.

Lucid Lui
Kyle in a big curbstomp.

thesilverspider
what is ben gonna really do?

ImmortalOne
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Kyle in a big curbstomp.
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) smokin'

The Ion
Kyle beats him, slices him up, and stuffs his ass in Reed Richard's refrigerator.

8bitChris
They'll argue to hell and back that Supes taking out Thor in one hit wasn't PIS but the WM battle over Kyle was totally PIS...

Its just how it is at this forum.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by 8bitChris
They'll argue to hell and back that Supes taking out Thor in one hit wasn't PIS but the WM battle over Kyle was totally PIS...

Its just how it is at this forum.

Yup. They will probably argue that Photon draining Kyle of OA energy was PIS too.

I recall Supes being knocked out of a few panels by the Mjolnir. Where was he for those few panels? One can only assume that he was out cold from that shot.

Supes - 1

Thor - 1

hoorayforpeepee
i HATE jla/avengers

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Yup. They will probably argue that Photon draining Kyle of OA energy was PIS too.

I recall Supes being knocked out of a few panels by the Mjolnir. Where was he for those few panels? One can only assume that he was out cold from that shot.

Supes - 1

Thor - 1

Really? I'm glad it exists in your mind, because it doesnt exist in the book. Kyle also syphoned energy from a cosmic cube.

Supes 1
Thor- 0

sam_drugbringer
JLA/Avengers was not where Hulk recived the Bat-Kick was it?

Avalonofthewind
Nope. Although I'd like to see the ridiculous x-over where that one happened.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
JLA/Avengers was not where Hulk recived the Bat-Kick was it? Batman fought Hulk in the 1981 crossover. I have it.

Avalon post the scan where it shows Superman knocking Thor through a wall a MOMENT after being hit with hammer.

Lucid Lui
If i remember correctly, it was Superman and Martian Manhunter who sent Thor through a wall after Supes took the hammer hit...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by 8bitChris

Its just how it is at this forum. If you read the comic you would know that there was more than one punch thrown by Superman.

Besides his heat vision softened him up for the "Thor-Buster".

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
If i remember correctly, it was Superman and Martian Manhunter who sent Thor through a wall after Supes took the hammer hit... The main point that is being overlooked is that Superman was back fighting a MOMENT later like nothing happened.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Batman fought Hulk in the 1981 crossover. I have it.

Avalon post the scan where it shows Superman knocking Thor through a wall a MOMENT after being hit with hammer.

Here you go. Maybe Sentry will stop spreading the false information on this fight now.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7240/jlavengers3iw.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1420/jlavengers24gt.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.