Christmas list (Things to do with Video Games)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
So what is your list to get for Christmas.

(Xbox360 is sold out so don't even try it)

El_NINO
XBOX360 because I work at Best Buy.

§P0oONY
XBOX 360
DoA 4
Call of Duty 2
Perfect Dark Zero
Half Life 2 (xbox)
Battalion Wars
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Fire Emblem
A PSP (Maybe...)
Battlefront 2
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
True Crime NYC
NBA 2K6
Xbox 360 Wi-fi enabling thingy
Xbox live gold subscription
Mario Party 7
Kart DS
Star Wars Battlefront II
Age of Empires 3
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

BackFire
FEAR - PC

Call of Duty 2 - PC

Dragon Quest 8 -PS2

Quake 4 - PC

The Movies - PC

TwisterGameX
so far I got Mario Ds on my eye and wonder if Wifi comes with it...I also have...well thats it for now, I will update later.

§P0oONY
Got Half-Life 2 about a week ago, getting Mario Kart tomorrow.

TwisterGameX

hotsauce6548
Xbox 360
Perfect Dark Zero
King Kong
Call of Duty 2
Half Life 2 (Xbox)

TwisterGameX
I am going to stock up on Ds games..the consoles fail me right now.

SnakeEyes
PS2:
Resident Evil 4
Spartan: Total Warrior
Shadow of Colossus

PC:
Fable: The Lost Chapters
F.E.A.R.
Half-Life 2
Battlefield 2
Doom 3

Lana
Only things I really want at the moment are RE4, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Dragon Quest 8.

TwisterGameX
Re4 for ps2 or Gc ? and isn't dragon quest that goku looking guy.

Lana
One of my friends has a Gamecube that she wants to get rid of so probably the GC version.

And yeah, the art for DQ8 IS very DBZ-ish.

TwisterGameX
I just checked out DQ and it said the makers of dbz guy akira made it or something so that explains why the DQ guy looks like goku...(evil eye) do you plan on picking up tales of symphonia?

Lana
Akira Toriyama did the character designs, yes.

And I don't know.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Lana
Akira Toriyama did the character designs, yes.

And I don't know.

I know you will like it droolio and the story will get you hooked. Also the game is cheap now drool

Lana
Well, I do have many things that I'd like to get for Christmas more than video games stick out tongue

powerfulone1987
Xbox360
Perfect Dark Zero
(Maybe) Call of Duty 2 for Xbox360

Can't really think of anything, because whenever a game comes out that I want, I just go out and by it, so any games I want right now, i'll get right now, so i'll have to wait and see what games come out around christmas, then I can just wait a week or so after the game comes out and get it for christmas from someone as a present instead of getting it myself when it first comes out.

Is it comprehensible.....

Spearhead
BF2, DQ8...

er, when does Empire at War come out confused

TwisterGameX
Get these http://www.gamestats.com/stats/gpm/653161/1.html

Blue Dragon
Hey what a great thread! These are things I 'might' get but not 100%:

Shadow the Hedgehog (unless I get it myself before xmas.)
I want my mum to go on ebay & get some Zelda stuff (not games.)
Sonic Rush
Jak X
Ratchet & Clank 3
Dragonball Z Budokai 3

Can't think of anything else. erm

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Spearhead
BF2, DQ8...

er, when does Empire at War come out confused

Empire at War comes out in Febuary...

TwisterGameX
http://buyersguide.ign.com/2005/index.html

mattador
I would say Metriod Prime Hunters but thats slated for a Feb 2006 release dammit mad

powerfulone1987
If I really get into Sims2, which I bought today, I'll ask for some expansion packs for it since I don't need them right away right now. I need to refamiliarize myself with the main game first anyway.
Even though I did by the University Expansion today with it also. Seems only appropriate since I just started college.

mattador
Ive lost interest in the Sims sad Used to be obsessed but now im into shooters wink rifle

powerfulone1987
Did you ever play Sims2?

is it comprehensible.....

TwisterGameX
I got sims 2 a while ago.

mattador
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Did you ever play Sims2?

Nope, is it like the original?

Spartan005
xbox 360
Call of Duty 2
King Kong
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Stubb's the Zombie
Perfect Dark Zero
Battlefront 2
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath

and another xbox controller, considering I broke 2 of mine out of anger, and my friend switched his broken one for mine.

TwisterGameX
You got aa 360 ?

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by mattador
Nope, is it like the original?

I just got it today with the university expansion pack but I haven't played it yet because of school work but i should play it in a while after i get off of here.

I caught on late to Sims and got it when it came to the consoles for gamecube and when I first started i was liking it a little but could never complete the tasks and move out moms house so i gave up for over a year and then randomly popped the game back in one day and I moved out and got my own place and had a job and everything but the game kept freezing and jumping and then one day it froze and wouldn't unfroze so I had to cut it off and all of what I had completed that day was erased and I wasn't going to do it all over again so I haven't played it since. So I didn't get that far and am not an expert on the original sims.
I did play sims in the city, on ps2, i caught on late to that too, got it last christmas. But it kept jumping a lot too and, but that's not what stopped me from playing. Here's what happened.
I was in my apartment and I had a cat.
And the cat was in front of the door, so I couldn't open it until it moved , so I was stuck in this room.
The cat never moved, I never got out the room, never got out the apartment, cut the game off and never played again.

So, so far my experience with sims hasn't been a good one, but hopefully this time it will be different.
I did get it for my laptop this time, so I may actually get to enjoy it to its fullest potential. From what I've read in the manual, because I am just anal about reading game manuals when I get them, it has many new features and enhanced animation and your sims age and die and have kids and pass on genetics and the kids look like the parents and a lot more extra tools to build and stuff and create stories for neighborhoods and families and some expansion packs, which i'll get more if i end up liking this a lot. You can shoot sim movies and take photos. And make custom things which will be available to everybody else through online and you can download other custom things that other people have made and put online and you can put neighborhoods and families online for other people to interact with and(kind of fuzzy on that area right now). I think your sims can meet with other people's sims through online, but not sure yet. And you choose which goals your sims have and you can let them achieve them or not and mess around with them make them have a bad or good life and there's no FINAL goal you must achieve to win, you just live life and do what you want and achieve what you want, whether that's to have a family or gain knowledge or be rich or famous. And I got the university expansion pack, so we the kids get of age, they can go to college and do some different and new things, join sororities, bands, host parties, tests and stuff like that. A lot of new looks for sims have been added.
I read online that one person made this weird looking family, called the "zoos" because they looked hideous but then they started catching innocent people walking by their house and putting them in cages,and of course their children grew up bad so they had a kid who was out of control and brat and everything and whining so they put him in a cage.
So yeah, stuff like that.
I'm looking forward to playing it.

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
So what is your list to get for Christmas.

(Xbox360 is sold out so don't even try it)

My dad's getting the Xbox 360 when the next shipment arrives so I'm including it.It's really for my birthday.If I would've gotten it when it came out,it would have been an early birthday present but since we're getting it in January(which is after December 21st which is my birthday),it's a late birthday present.Anyway:

Xbox 360
King Kong(for the 360)
Ultimate Spider-Man(PS2)
Fantastic Four(I've played it but I never beat it and I'm getting it for PS2)

The Ones
Ultimate Spider-man is meant to be Shit

Ultimate Hulk43
But I think it looks great.Besides,you don't have to listen to reviews,if you do that you'll never know if you'll like it or not.

WindDancer
All I want for Christmas is my Xbox 360. Nothing more...

Lana
Did you ever play Sims2?

Yeah, I have it.

Speaking of, add the Sims 2 expansions to my list, as well as Star Wars Battlefront 2.

ChickinMeat
I wouldnt mind that new Gun game, as in the western style one. Maybe RE4 for the PS2 aswell, or maybe even the new prince of persia if its out, that would be positivly exciting!

powerfulone1987
Yeah, I have it.

Speaking of, add the Sims 2 expansions to my list, as well as Star Wars Battlefront 2.

I bought the University Expansion Pack with the game, but since the Holiday party pack was sold out, i'll buy it online from ea tonight.
NOV. 30 is the last day to buy it online.
Plus it's out for a limited time anyway, so instead of playing the game to see if i like it, i'll just buy the expansion pack anyway. It's only 15 dollars.

So does that mean you have no expansion packs. I don't feel that bad then, I thought since I got this game just last friday and was so far behind, I thought almost everybody had all or some of the expansion packs, of course i knew everybody didn't, they list them in your profile on the site if you do or don't, but it feels good to hear someone else doesn't have all of them. I was thinking about buying the Nightlife expansion pack also, but i said, lets not get ahead of myself. Lets see how i like the game first. But they do say it's good to install the expansion packs in the order that they are release, so i'll buy the nightlife expansion pack soon, so I can install it afer Univeristy and before Holiday Party pack just to be safe.
it's also reassuring to see that they are just recently releasing expansion pack as soon as i get it, so i'm not behind on them since they just came out the last month or so. Okay, now i can see how it's possible you don't have the expansion packs,since they just came out, so it's no big feat that you don't have them,lol. But anyway, i'm glad that I'm got it when the expansion packs are coming out.
I don't know how expansions work their way into games, as i've never played a pc game before or bought expansion packs.

But if you want the Holiday Pack, you better get it soon ,b/c I don't know how long it'll be in stores. It would make since to keep out all through the christmas holiday for sale, but you never know. Like i said, the online one on EA stops selling the 30 of this month. Just to let ya know in case.

TwisterGameX
I got Sims 2 but no expantion packs.(still can't build own house)

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by mattador
I would say Metriod Prime Hunters but thats slated for a Feb 2006 release dammit mad wierd.. I heard march 2k6 from the video interview at gamespot o_O...

anyways. I really have no christmas wants... most of the stuff I looked forward to got delayed... Met Prime Hunters and Elderscrolls : Oblivion were my main desires..... and xbox360 is just too expensive for my taste lol

hope you guys get watcha want for christmas happy

Lana
I bought the University Expansion Pack with the game, but since the Holiday party pack was sold out, i'll buy it online from ea tonight.
NOV. 30 is the last day to buy it online.
Plus it's out for a limited time anyway, so instead of playing the game to see if i like it, i'll just buy the expansion pack anyway. It's only 15 dollars.

So does that mean you have no expansion packs. I don't feel that bad then, I thought since I got this game just last friday and was so far behind, I thought almost everybody had all or some of the expansion packs, of course i knew everybody didn't, they list them in your profile on the site if you do or don't, but it feels good to hear someone else doesn't have all of them. I was thinking about buying the Nightlife expansion pack also, but i said, lets not get ahead of myself. Lets see how i like the game first. But they do say it's good to install the expansion packs in the order that they are release, so i'll buy the nightlife expansion pack soon, so I can install it afer Univeristy and before Holiday Party pack just to be safe.
it's also reassuring to see that they are just recently releasing expansion pack as soon as i get it, so i'm not behind on them since they just came out the last month or so. Okay, now i can see how it's possible you don't have the expansion packs,since they just came out, so it's no big feat that you don't have them,lol. But anyway, i'm glad that I'm got it when the expansion packs are coming out.
I don't know how expansions work their way into games, as i've never played a pc game before or bought expansion packs.

But if you want the Holiday Pack, you better get it soon ,b/c I don't know how long it'll be in stores. It would make since to keep out all through the christmas holiday for sale, but you never know. Like i said, the online one on EA stops selling the 30 of this month. Just to let ya know in case.

Nope, no expansions, and really I don't play it that often. I don't even currently have it installed on my computer (I had to wipe the harddrive a few months ago). The only one I really want is the University one because I like to use custom skins for the game and most of them require that.

I got Sims 2 but no expantion packs.(still can't build own house)

You don't need an expansion to build your own house stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
Nope, no expansions, and really I don't play it that often. I don't even currently have it installed on my computer (I had to wipe the harddrive a few months ago). The only one I really want is the University one because I like to use custom skins for the game and most of them require that.

You don't need an expansion to build your own house stick out tongue

shifty How do you build a house(I am retarted) because in Sims 2 they give you houses and in the lot I don't see bulldose sad

Tomorrow I will take pics of the family I made eek!

Lana
There's empty lots you can build on.

TwisterGameX
There's empty lots you can build on.

eek!

I got to re install the game in my cpu mad 4 disks mad takes so long mad

TwisterGameX
You still getting a cube for your friend for christmas eek!

Scarecrow756
Star Wars Battlefront II (PS2)
Advance Wars Duel Strike (Nintendo DS)

TwisterGameX
Mari kart ds but I think it's the samd one as the others but slighlty different so EH. Well it could go online and play people but EH.

Jedi Shmedi
Well, here's what I hope to be getting.

New PS2 (the slim one, I've had my current one since launch and it's almost dead, time to retire it sad)

God of War
Ninja Gaiden Black
Gun - PS2
RE4 - PS2
Jade Empire (heard great things about it)
Fire Emblem: POR
Call of Duty 2 - PC
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (freakin insane!) -Xbox
Mario Kart DS Bundle
Astro Boy: Omega Factor - GBA
The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (still haven't gotten around to buying it)

Had a 360 in there for a little while 'cause I wanted to play Perfect Dark and DOA, but it's nearly impossible to find one, and with all of the stories I've been hearing about crashes and freezes, I'm not taking any chances.

PS3 here I come!

TwisterGameX
You didn't get God of war yet ? You are in for a treat and that goes for Ninja Gaiden as well.

JToTheP
Prince Of Persia:two thrones
Donkey Kong Country 3

Thats it, the rest are DVDs.

Inspectah Deck
True Crime: New York City
GTA: San Andreas
PoP: The Two Thrones
Resident Evil 4

SnakeEyes
You actually want that new True Crime game? It looks quite horrible...

powerfulone1987
eek!

I got to re install the game in my cpu mad 4 disks mad takes so long mad

Didn't take that long for me. The little game also helped passed the little time it did take up.

lol

TwisterGameX
Didn't take that long for me. The little game also helped passed the little time it did take up.

lol

laughing out loud oh yeah i was playing that matching game too.

powerfulone1987
They are also coming out with another expansion pack called "out for business" or something like that where sims can start a business and make things and hire people and fire people and start all kinds of businesses and work from home making things for their business and making money and you can put their creations online and everytime someone downloads it, your sim gets royalties and can become rich and famous and stuff if it's in high demand, you can save recipes to make the same thing over and over if it's popular and you want to, or you can make things as gifts and presents and stuff. You'll have new skills in order to make all of these things.

TwisterGameX
Damn they just keep coming up with kool ideas...if you have a camera take a pic of your characters.

powerfulone1987
you get a camera automatically and i have taken pics I just haven't found out how to post them yet.

I made a self sim of myself, my mom, sister, and dad.

TwisterGameX
you get a camera automatically and i have taken pics I just haven't found out how to post them yet.

I made a self sim of myself, my mom, sister, and dad.

I am freaky so i made people well...I will send pics like in a couple of days(have to make new people because I had to re do it)

powerfulone1987
so you do have sims2?

how do you post pictures?

I wish i had known to make my sims in body shop so i could have saved them forever, but i found out too late after i had made them in create a sim.
Anyway to transfer them would be nice.

TwisterGameX
so you do have sims2?

how do you post pictures?

I wish i had known to make my sims in body shop so i could have saved them forever, but i found out too late after i had made them in create a sim.
Anyway to transfer them would be nice.

Yeah i got sims 2 but not the expantion packs. I love this game but not how they die....

powerfulone1987
lol, yeah, that's why i want to save my sims that i made of my family, b/c i want to be able to use them again later if i want after they die.

TwisterGameX
lol, yeah, that's why i want to save my sims that i made of my family, b/c i want to be able to use them again later if i want after they die.

I found a code so they will stay on what age you want them to shifty

powerfulone1987
yeah, i found the whole list of codes too, but i want to them to age and go to college, since i got the university expansion pack, and i want their family line to go on and have children and stuff, so I think i've found a way to save them like they are now, like make a copy of them so i may be good on that. I'll have to wait and see if it works.

TwisterGameX
yeah, i found the whole list of codes too, but i want to them to age and go to college, since i got the university expansion pack, and i want their family line to go on and have children and stuff, so I think i've found a way to save them like they are now, like make a copy of them so i may be good on that. I'll have to wait and see if it works.

lol not me, I get attached and don't want them to die..I will let them age untill teenagers. Only the kids I put in the game.

powerfulone1987
You have to put adults in the game, they won't let teens live in a house by themselves. I tried that.

TwisterGameX
You have to put adults in the game, they won't let teens live in a house by themselves. I tried that.

oh I mean I have two adults already the froze their age and put 1 child in but let her gorw and then when she hits teenagers I will freeze the age.

powerfulone1987
When you put the code in, how do you direct it to which sim you want to stop aging?

TwisterGameX
When you put the code in, how do you direct it to which sim you want to stop aging?

I think you just have to click on the sim in game time then do the code. I forget.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
You actually want that new True Crime game? It looks quite horrible...

Sure, why not stick out tongue

powerfulone1987
I think you just have to click on the sim in game time then do the code. I forget.

No, first you have to bring up the thing where you type the chat in by pressing "Control + Shift + C"

Da-Grinch
so anyways

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.