-=- Whats the Deal With Halo? -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
I have a PC just so you know.

I played it, The levels are repetitive, VERY repetive. Its abssically, "follow path, crater / room, shoot aliens / move allong path.

A lot of game sa re liek that, but MUCH more emmerisve. Why do you people like it so much!?

TwisterGameX
Don't play it no expression

Koala MeatPie
I uninstalled it and palced it in the furthest reaches of my Torrents Cd Box.

TwisterGameX
Oh please it's overated but it's not that bad...

El_NINO
www.gamespot.com

best place to check out viewer reviews. I like it because of the storyline, graphics, gameplay and multiplayer.

Shadow x 20
Halo is so good because of the story, the enemies, the multiplayer and the graphics. It draws you in.

§P0oONY
1st time I played it I hated it, I got annoyed at the fact you could only hold 2 weapons, and I thought the game play was lacking... after playing it again... how wrong I was.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by El_NINO
www.gamespot.com

best place to check out viewer reviews. I like it because of the storyline, graphics, gameplay and multiplayer.

Thank you, I am Registered to Gamespot, TV.com mp3.com

X ultimate files download.

and (gametab)

§P0oONY
Ign.com.... best gaming website around.

-hh-
i hated Halo and Halo 2. boring games in my opinion. i prefer Half Life and Half Life 2.

counter strike was fun for the first year or two, then it just got boring.

Half Life in my opinion is the greatest first person shooter.

§P0oONY
Half-Life is pretty legendary... Can't be forgetting Metroid Prime though.. droolio

Victor Von Doom
Metroid rules.

I agree, Halo is boring, overrated shit.

BackFire
Never got the big deal about Halo either. Just seemed like another, pretty good, FPS game.

Half Life games own the Halo games in every single way.

§P0oONY
I'm not a great fan of the whole "Counter Strike" thing though...

Wolf Dog
I think Counter Strike is the best multiplayer online game. So much fun to play with friends, hilarious also.

El_NINO
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
I think Counter Strike is the best multiplayer online game. So much fun to play with friends, hilarious also.

I agree, theres just so much to laugh about in the fun servers and custom maps.

hotsauce6548

Alpha Centauri
I liked Halo at first. Thought it was ok. It wasn't the second coming, which is what everyone thought it would be.

Neither was Halo 2.

Bungie, I think, had the right idea with Halo. They just didn't pull it off. Big sprawling terrains with about 10 minutes of driving around to find an opening just don't go together. FPS are meant to be quick fire (no pun intended) action.

Most of the time you're just sitting there holding forward.

-AC

Lana
Halo is fun in multi-player. I don't like the game itself that much, though, I find it very boring and nothing innovative.

DarkC
Halo really shines on Xbox Live and split screen. Campaign isn't that great.

SnakeEyes
I play it for the multiplayer. Campaign didn't really impress me all that much. Expecially the Library, I hated that level. I think that it was just good for it's day. It came out for X-Box a long time ago, and at that time, it was fairly good. I have it for PC currently and never play the campaign anymore. There are plenty of shooters that are so much better, but Halo (one and two) are just overrated.

K1ll3r
Halo and Halo 2 rock.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Why do you people like it so much!?

Umm....because is fun to shoot and kill the aliens. You need someone to explain that to you?

Ast
I loved the first game, and loved playing co-op on Halo 2, but XBL ruined the game for me. Every person on there is an absolute *******.

§P0oONY
Halo is the epitome of the perfect LAN Party.

Koala MeatPie
Yeah, i'm a Half - Life Fan. got Half Life II the day it came out. (half an hour after stores opened, G-Man Box)

DarkC
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Yeah, i'm a Half - Life Fan. got Half Life II the day it came out. (half an hour after stores opened, G-Man Box)
I was playing that ten minutes ago. stick out tongue On Xbox, PC can't handle it.

Wolf Dog

DarkC
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Counter Strike IMO.
Halo, though, gives even the most newbish player a chance to get a kill.

hotsauce6548
I agree that the campaign in Halo 1 and 2 were both average, in my opinion. Multiplayer, co-op, and especially Xbox Live is where it really shines though. Over a year later and I still love playing it. wink

Originally posted by Ast
I loved the first game, and loved playing co-op on Halo 2, but XBL ruined the game for me. Every person on there is an absolute *******.

I agree there are some jackasses on there, but my suggestion is you mute them, or simply play with your friends. erm

If you really get that upset at the idiots, than there's not much you can do, but I would never let some moron ruin my fun. I just deal with them, or play with the people I know are cool. yes

DarkC
Give them negative feedback to Bungie after the game if they're trash-talking excessively, etc.

Spartan005
Halo rocks socks smile

Alpha Centauri
Why do people hype the multiplayer?

People go mad over the "realism", but I don't like it when I make the effort to sneak up on someone and can't kill them right away. Don't give me BS about "have to be good at it" because I've seen the championships and it's the same thing.

It ends up as two people strafing around, firing.

-AC

Zen2nd
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

People go mad over the "realism", but I don't like it when I make the effort to sneak up on someone and can't kill them right away. Don't give me BS about "have to be good at it" because I've seen the championships and it's the same thing.

-AC

I don't know about that now. I've taken 4 people down in 3 seconds mainly because I whacked them in the back.

Depends also if radar is on or not.

lowrider370
Halo1 and halo2 rock the story and the concept bring u into its world not to mention the multiplayer

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Well, if you melee them in the back, it's a one hit kill. If you're talking about sneaking up on the person, well, that depends on the radar, if the person is looking at the radar, if the person is moving around, and if you move fast enough.

The multi-player is hyped because so many people love it. stick out tongue

I guess some games can end up with people just strafing and firing, but that's not what happens when I play. The vehicles, different maps, and weapons give it variety, in my opinion.

Halo 2 is probably the best game I've played online, but then again, I don't use my PC to play games, so I haven't played games like Counter Strike, which are very popular online like Halo.

JKozzy
Originally posted by lowrider370
Halo1 and halo2 rock the story and the concept bring u into its world not to mention the multiplayer So do many other games, some that are arguably better. The question is, what does the Halo series do so differently that makes it so popular, yet so undifferent?

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by JKozzy
So do many other games, some that are arguably better. The question is, what does the Halo series do so differently that makes it so popular, yet so undifferent?

I would say the multi-player is what makes it stand out. yes

Games such as Halo, Counter Strike, now BattleField II, even Star Wars Battlefront become known for the multi-player.

DarkC
Originally posted by JKozzy
So do many other games, some that are arguably better. The question is, what does the Halo series do so differently that makes it so popular, yet so undifferent?
Split screen.

NinthSith
PC fps games rule I still play games that are 4 years old due to the never-ending supply of new maps .enuff said.

Ast
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I agree there are some jackasses on there, but my suggestion is you mute them, or simply play with your friends. erm

My friends have sworn off Halo. laughing out loud

DarkC
Originally posted by Ast
My friends have sworn off Halo. laughing out loud
Curse those online a-holes, eh.

Ast
Yes, curse them. mad

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Ast
Yes, curse them. mad

Or ignore them. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Never mind. Curse them!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.