10 reasons to wait for Ps3 and not 360

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

360 FAILS

Maybe this should of been in the gen talk shifty

Shadow x 20
PS3 is overrated

TwisterGameX
Xbox 360 is over rated....next gens are over rated..

JKozzy
The Xbox360 is overrated. The PS3 can't be, since it's not out. It might be, but it also could give the 360 a new home in the gutter. Quite the premature statement. 360, based on launch titles and the $400 price tag, is overrated.

Not only is it overrated, but it came out way too early. Microsoft should've used their time to prevent this:
http://www.twistedpolygon.net/content/view/84/48

El_NINO
Originally posted by JKozzy
The Xbox360 is overrated. The PS3 can't be, since it's not out. It might be, but it also could give the 360 a new home in the gutter. Quite the premature statement. 360, based on launch titles and the $400 price tag, is overrated.

Not only is it overrated, but it came out way too early. Microsoft should've used their time to prevent this:

Im sure PS3 will have a few people angry when they cant play their new system out of the box.

Wolf Dog
I agree, the PS3 isn't out yet so how can it be overrated? It might be overhyped but thats just because there's actually something to get pumped up about unlike the 360.

TwisterGameX
and what might that be besidees metal gear ?

Smasandian

Totally true. Funny thing is that you never see that with an Nintendo product.

I still think ps3 has a chance of being overrated. The price tag will be similiar to the 360 (or higher), the screenshots look doctered and photoshopped (just like how Madden was suppose to look like for the 360) and from the IGN article, the launch list that thought up that might happen includes Gran Turismo (big ****ing deal, it will be the same game since the original without collision dectection), Killzone (game blew for the PS2, whats so exciting about it, oh wait that movie they showed at E3, which nonbody knows is real thing, Tekken (wow, another same ****ing game), and maybe MGS4. THat could be the reason why it might be overrated.

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
and what might that be besidees metal gear ?

Its TRUE next generation graphics and features. It's going to have a PC desktop like startup menu. And so far yes, Metal Gear is the only game right now that has me pumped but comon, games make the system. I'm sure they're going to have a sleeper hit title like they always do on launch day like Timesplitters was for PS2 and Ridge Racer was for PS1. yes

K1ll3r
Everything is overrated.

Solo
MGS4 looks beautiful.

powerfulone1987
I read about the Metal Gear Solid PS3 trailer for the first time yesterday and didn't know anything about it before.
Then coincidently sometime after reading about it in my tips and tricks magazine that i get in the mail, X-Play showed the whole trailer later that night.
It looks real good. Even though I really liked the demo of the first metal gear solid game, i wasn't allowed to get the whole game, because of content, so I'm really a fan of the game like I could have been, especially since the game has changed a whole lot since then, it's more than just hiding and staying out of site now. So I don't really care about Metal Gear Solid anymore. But by the looks of the trailer, I might just get the game because of how good it looks. Hopefully all of PS3's games look this good or better than I won't have to resort to get a game that I normally wouldn't get just for the graphics.

By the way, people keep saying "wait" for the PS3. Why do you refer to it as waiting. You make it seem like you have one choice and that's to choose between getting just the Xbox360 or the PS3. Why not get both if you want. That's what I plan on doing.

Does anybody know when the next shipment of Xbox360's are coming out. And is BestBuy the only store selling them, because I haven't been hearing anything about Wal-Mart, even though I'm almost certain they would be selling them.

Is it comprehensible.....

Spearhead
Not everyone has the luxury of getting both, what with finances and all.

Hence, wait; spend your money on one or the other

powerfulone1987
I was just clearing that up for myself to understand what yall meant by "wait".
I see and it's understandable.

Sir Mist
Reason #10: Xbox 360 Doesn't Have a Killer App

Yeah ok, agreed with this one, although PD:0 is looking like the consoles highlight.

But the games listed for PS3 are same old, same old. PD:0 is a new game for Xbox. Dont playstation owners get tired of the same old games rehashed with new graphics?

The launch titles are catering for people with different game tastes. Sports, racing, rpg, action, FPS, its all there.

Reason #9: Dual-Screen and 1080p Support

The key part of this point is Even if most televisions don't support it. So....big deal. If your tv cant support it, why brag?

Reason #8: Hefty Expandability / Connectivity Options

What if a PSP player could control Otacon's droid in the next MGS?
Whats wrong with using a PS3 control? Same deal for Gamecube and the DS, nothing exciting has happened so far and theyve been going on for some time.

But yeah, good point. The options are there if they need to be taken.

Reason #7: You Can Still Pre-Order

This isnt even a good reason why you should wait for PS3. roll eyes (sarcastic)
You could have preordered an Xbox too.
With a release date of just under a year away, the PS3 still lets you do this. The Xbox 360, on the other hand, does not. Who needs to preorder a 360 when you could go and buy one from the shop? Ok big deal about the shortage of supplies, but give it say 2 months and everyone will be able to buy one.

Reason #6: Seven-Player Wireless Support

Cool, invite some buddies over, play 7 player. Wireless isnt counted in this argument, 360 has wireless controls too.

Xbox has Xbox Live though, play multiplayer against some 32 players in Perfect Dark, possibly more in different games. And you dont need anything new to use it, jump into your Xbox account and play straight away.

Reason #5: The HD IP Camera

The EyeToy is one of the all-time most successful peripherals released for a console

Make some wothwhile things to use it for and maybe Ill be impressed. My cousin has an eyetoy, and for some reason, dancing in front of the tv doesnt appeal to me that much.

Reason #4: Full Backwards Compatibility

Yeah, thats good. Save throwing out all the old games. But why would I bother spending money on a PS3 if I wanted to play PS1 games?

The 360 compatibilty list has some 200 games already, that'll grow by the time PS3 comes out anyway.

Reason #3: Stronger Japanese Developer Support

No complaints here, some of the best RPGs come from Japan. Xbox's downfall. ALthough there are good Japanese games coming out for 360. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Ninety-Nine Nights. Granted I dont even know what the hell the first two are, but from seeing Ninety Nine Nights, Im excited.

Reason #2: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Strong good point. But by the time it comes out, more games will have been released for 360. Gears of War? Halo 3?

Reason #1: The Blu-ray Player

We're talking 50GB+ of storage space here, more than 5x the space than the 360's DVD format can muster.

If you can use up 50gb on a blu ray for a single game, then Ill be impressed.

Sir Mist
(To slow to edit into previous post)

Originally posted by Wolf Dog
It's going to have a PC desktop like startup menu.

Along with playable games, rippable CDs and playback movies ready at launch, the Xbox 360 enables players to customize their MPEG music sticks with perfectly designed playlists in addition to connecting to Microsoft's Media Center for a more complete media sensation. Stream music from your iPod and synch it with images from your last holiday vacation. Play music to the Jeff Mintner visual synchronizer and customize the desktop with themes and gamer tiles and have fun doing it. Expect Sony to copy much of Microsoft's innovations.

Victor Von Doom
What an immense pile of shit.

Why is the man becoming orgasmic that you can play PS1 games on it.

'Just imagine...'

It's hardly a stretch of the imagination.

Overhyped bullshit.

Alpha Centauri

Ken Kenobi
I agree with all of Mist's points, AC's too. That top 10 list was bullshit. I'll wait a few more months before I make any decisions. I'm not a PlayStation fanboy, I'm not an XBox fanboy, or even a Nintendo fanboy. I play all of the systems, whichever one has the better games is the one I will be using the most often.

I just find it hilarious how there are people overhyping the systems and getting into arguments over which system is better even though 2, count them...TWO of the next gen systems aren't out yet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Revolution has yet to show ANYTHING about their graphics, Sony has shown us prerendered cutscenes and a few screenies. They might be better than XBox, but we don't know that yet. You can say all you want with the specs for the systems, but there is nothing in your hands to prove to me which system will work and which will fail.

Alpha Centauri
And people raise it as a negative that Nintendo don't try to compete with them.

They don't need to. It's pointless.

-AC

jaden101
is it any wonder people get disappointed when the next gen (and indeed the current gen) were hyped more than starwars could dream

remember all the crap about the ps2 and how you would be able to phone your ps2 from your mobile and have it download a game in time for you getting home...didn't happen

same with all the supposed whistles and bells of the next gen consoles...they're going to be quietly forgotten about when sony realise that it'll cost them money to develop stuff...

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by jaden101
is it any wonder people get disappointed when the next gen (and indeed the current gen) were hyped more than starwars could dream

remember all the crap about the ps2 and how you would be able to phone your ps2 from your mobile and have it download a game in time for you getting home...didn't happen

same with all the supposed whistles and bells of the next gen consoles...they're going to be quietly forgotten about when sony realise that it'll cost them money to develop stuff...

Exactly. The people that bought the systems on the back of the hype though, don't feel pissed off about it. Idiots.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
And people raise it as a negative that Nintendo don't try to compete with them.

They don't need to. It's pointless.

-AC

I PRAISE Nintendo for having the balls not to show off what they've got. All they've showed is the potential look of the console and the control. They have their Nintendo only games and that's ****ing awesome. They usually aren't rehashes of other games, they take their characters and reinvent their game play, making them unique again.

The games on the Playstation are nearly exact every time we see them but a little more polished.

The games on the XBox are ports from other systems usually, yet the PS fanboys get all butt hurt and argue that the games on XBox suck. How can that be when they are the same, with smoother graphics? Everyone needs to shut the hell up and stop masturbating because their favorite system is better than other systems in their views.

I for one and getting ALL of the next gen systems, not for the simple fact that I can, but for the fact that I love gaming and each system will have it's high points that the other systems will not have.

Nintendo has the classic characters with the innovative game play. Sony has the better RPG's and my favorite WWE games and also they have the largest library of titles. XBox has XBL, Project Gotham Racing, KOTOR, and other great titles that will never be found on another system.

I laugh in the faces of those that praise one system but bash on the other. Open your mind and accept the fact that all of the systems will be great in one way or another...douche bags. stick out tongue

(Sorry, just had to throw that "douche bag bit in there.)

jaden101
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Exactly. The people that bought the systems on the back of the hype though, don't feel pissed off about it. Idiots.

i freely admit to being one of those idiots with regards to the ps2...wont get fooled again i'll tell you that.

infact i've barely read anything about the ps3...seen only the killzone demo which i thought was nothing special...i know none of the specs...dont want too...just want to know if the games are any good

Victor Von Doom
Yeah. Especially as Sony's specs tend to be propaganda.

jaden101
at least propaganda is a distortion of some truth....sony's specs seem like they are plucked from thin air from people in a "say the highest number" contest

Inspectah Deck

360 FAILS

Maybe this should of been in the gen talk shifty

Them guys at IGN like to contradict themselves

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by jaden101
at least propaganda is a distortion of some truth....sony's specs seem like they are plucked from thin air from people in a "say the highest number" contest

I remember once the Cube came out, they had charts in Dixons comparing the three hardwares, obviously going from what information was put out by the companies. If you believed that, you'd have thought the Cube was the least powerful by far, while the other two were evenly matched.

Yet you could just look at the Cube once it came out, for example Waverace graphics, and see that the Cube smoked the PS2 graphically.

jaden101
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I remember once the Cube came out, they had charts in Dixons comparing the three hardwares, obviously going from what information was put out by the companies. If you believed that, you'd have thought the Cube was the least powerful by far, while the other two were evenly matched.

Yet you could just look at the Cube once it came out, for example Waverace graphics, and see that the Cube smoked the PS2 graphically.

true indeed...not to mention the overall ratio of good games to shit games was hugely in favour of the gamebcube over the other 2

Cinemaddiction
Play "Ghost Recon 3" for 360, and then if you can tell me the 360 is overrated, I'll kiss your ass.

I played NBA 2K6 and Need For Speed: Most Wanted on 360 yesterday, and Sony will be incredibly hard pressed to match presentation. Just because there's a lot of icing on the cake doesn't mean it won't taste like shit.

BackFire
Ghost Recon 3 isn't out yet. It's way to early to tell if the game will be any good.

The last Ghost Recon game bombed big time, it was terrible. Just because a game has good graphics doesn't mean the game itself is any good.

Anyways, I'm planning on getting a PS3 because of the games. Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Resident Evil 5.

Also, PS3 is goign to be graphically superior then Xbox360. It will have more power under the hood.

I also expect it to have a much smoother release then the 360. Microsoft dropped the ball on this launch, big time. Probably the worst launch since the N64 launch. Systems aren't available, people who preordered them won't get them for weeks, possibly months, and people who didn't preorder them at all will have to wait a very long time to get one, unless they get extremely lucky. PS3 will learn from Microsofts mistake and make enough systems for their launch and avoid the mistakes MS made.

I'm also planning on getting a Revolution, just for Nintendo first party games. And I'm interested in seeing how the controler is going to work.

JKozzy
Ditto. PS3 and Revo are on my list of consoles to purchase. Maybe a 360 in the future... but not now.

The 360's launch, with shortages and consoles overheating, is terrible. And while the whole core/xbox system thing is cool for some, it just makes things confusing for parents that are going to get the console... more confusing than it needs to be, imho. Without backwards compatibility and online play, many people are going to avoid the core system. I predict the 360 drops to $349 in Spring to compete with Revo if it comes out in the US then, and the core system is dropped. Really, all I see the core system as is a way to get money during the Holiday rush, and a way to sell more consoles.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

I laugh in the faces of those that praise one system but bash on the other. Open your mind and accept the fact that all of the systems will be great in one way or another...douche bags. stick out tongue

(Sorry, just had to throw that "douche bag bit in there.)

Same here Ken. What I think it happens is that people buy one console and puts lots of cash into games and gadges for the console thinking is the greatest shit in the entire world. And then they become the dreaded fanboyism. That is how all those childish console wars begin. Bottom line is that the PC will pwned any console out there. Don't matter if is Microsoft or Sony or Nintendo....PC will always prevail

(See, now I sound like a PC fanboy stick out tongue )

Spartan005
It does kinda suck that the 360 had alot of problems on it's release, but it's smart on their part to have it out before christmas. Sony is gonna lose so much money because all the little kids that want a PS3 aren't going to be able to afford one. And I have to give Microsoft alot of credit considering it took them like 4 years to make the next console and took Sony about 6 or something like that.

Alpha Centauri
Time means nothing if you're doing it for the right reasons.

-AC

El_NINO
Ditto. PS3 and Revo are on my list of consoles to purchase. Maybe a 360 in the future... but not now.

The 360's launch, with shortages and consoles overheating, is terrible. And while the whole core/xbox system thing is cool for some, it just makes things confusing for parents that are going to get the console... more confusing than it needs to be, imho. Without backwards compatibility and online play, many people are going to avoid the core system. I predict the 360 drops to $349 in Spring to compete with Revo if it comes out in the US then, and the core system is dropped. Really, all I see the core system as is a way to get money during the Holiday rush, and a way to sell more consoles.

has it occured to everyone that maybe microsoft did it deliberately to ship fewer consoles to every store and world wide to make more money in the end. As for consoles overheating, ive said it before and ill say it again, its new technology, im sure when PS3 comes out they will have problems aswell.

JKozzy
Yes, I've said and known that Microsoft is the culprit of the artificial shortages in the other threads messed ...

DirectorFitz
Originally posted by Spartan005
It does kinda suck that the 360 had alot of problems on it's release, but it's smart on their part to have it out before christmas. Sony is gonna lose so much money because all the little kids that want a PS3 aren't going to be able to afford one. And I have to give Microsoft alot of credit considering it took them like 4 years to make the next console and took Sony about 6 or something like that.

better to make it in six than to in four...more time to make it better

El_NINO
Originally posted by DirectorFitz
better to make it in six than to in four...more time to make it better

I dont think the amount of time to make something makes much of a difference, as long as A) It does what nobody has today seen or experiences and B) In a way revoultionizes the industry by utilizing future technology such as HDTV

Ast

360 FAILS

360 fails? You are taking IGN's word on that? confused

IGN also has a 10 reason list for the other two systems. laughing

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Ast
360 fails? You are taking IGN's word on that? confused

IGN also has a 10 reason list for the other two systems. laughing

Don't worry...me for one is for the 360..I got a issues with sony for a long time even though I ended up with the nintendo...

In my mind at the time

Sega>>Nintendo>>>Microsoft(hated it at first)>>>SOny (hated it at first as well thsoe damn ps2 fanboys always messing with Nintendo...

El_NINO
Best place to get a non biased opinion is GAMESPOT, also because people have a say in it. IGN says things based on other top reviews and goes along with the crowd.

Sir Mist
Everyone needs to shut the hell up and stop masturbating because their favorite system is better than other systems in their views.

hysterical2

Yep, I dont try to bash on the PS3, just these 'promises' that every developer uses to sell their console. N64 DD? PS2 hard drive? What happened with those?
And the rabid fanboys who are too ignorant to pay attention to what is actually onscreen in front of them but instead nitpick on the minor flaws.

For the previous consoles, initially I considered getting a Gamecube, then considered PS2, then finally bought an Xbox. At the moment I want a 360, but I could change my mind. The developers have to impress with more than hyped marketing promises.

El_NINO
Everyone needs to shut the hell up and stop masturbating because their favorite system is better than other systems in their views.

OMG MY GUTS HURT FROM LAUGHING SO MUCH!!!

laughing

Snoopbert
With all the probblems with the X-Box currently, it's rather easy to look at the PS3 and claim it will be better. But, in 5 or 6 months, what will truly be better? It isn't the capabilities of the system, but the games that it supports and their quality.

Blue Dragon
Can't think of 10 of my own reasons, but I know one but it really counts. Playstations rule! Been going since the middle 90's! Great games!

Xbox games are just so boring. I look at them & like 'uuurrrgghhh...zzzzz'. I play a Playstation game & love it!

Playstation games are more for adventure games, Xbox is for shooting games; which to me are pretty much all the same. Blow something up, shooting someone, blah blah blah. But if other people enjoy them then fine.

Red Superfly
To be honest, I couldn't care less about the next-gen console war right now. I've always said it has started too soon, and I still believe in that. I won't get involved in it on sheer principle. It's just graphics after all. If I buy into it like everyone else, I'll just be contributing to the depressing situation: graphics drive the industry.

Out of everything I'm most intrigued by the Revolution. It could be a steaming pile of gimmicky shite, but it could also be amazing.

As for the uber graphics, look at Madden. Trailer - awesome. Reality - looks more lke XBox 1.5. Marketing and bullshit hype over proof of concept everytime. And stupid idiot people buy into this bullshit every time, even people who WERE THERE for the PS2 and XBox not so long ago, and should know better.

In fact, I see this whole next generation as a "1.5" rather than a proper step forward. In many ways it's a step in completely the wrong direction, especially where XBox 360 and PS3 are concerned. Graphics are wonderful, yes, but they should never be the driving force behind video gaming. It's so f*cking depressing and I'm only gonna bother looking at video games consoles again when they've shown me some proof they've grown out of this rediculous assumption that graphics mean everything. It's likely this generation won't be any different from the last. Graphics are nice for a while, then everyone gets used to them and starts making PROPER games (apart from EA who will always continue to defacate into DVD boxes and put them on shelves).

The XBox 360 lineup is depressing beyond belief. Bump maps, parrelex maps, mip-mapped teraflopped hip hops - this is what excites us as gamers? Since f*cking when? Speaking as a 3D artist, who works with other 3D artists, in a 3D company, who would normally be salivating over this step in technology if it wasn't so done-to-death and over marketed and shoved down our throats: if this is the future of video games, I don't think I want to be a gamer any more.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Red Superfly
if this is the future of video games, I don't think I want to be a gamer any more.

so true.. and I was actually thinking that myself.. and then Revolution came to mind.. /drool

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Can't think of 10 of my own reasons, but I know one but it really counts. Playstations rule! Been going since the middle 90's! Great games!

Xbox games are just so boring. I look at them & like 'uuurrrgghhh...zzzzz'. I play a Playstation game & love it!

Playstation games are more for adventure games, Xbox is for shooting games; which to me are pretty much all the same. Blow something up, shooting someone, blah blah blah. But if other people enjoy them then fine.

Thank you for your well informed contribution to the conversation.

As it stands, I am currently a fanboy without a system. I bought an Xbox a while back. The hard drive, all the bells and whistles it had, etc etc, I bought it. I never would call myself a fanboy, but I was loyal. Sure, I passed by some good games on the PS2 Im sure, but I was satisfied because I had a few exclusives on the box to fill that void, either that or I held out for a port. Sometimes they came, like with Metal Gear Solid 2, sometimes they didnt, like with DMC, and I eventually just forgot that I wanted to play the game. Overall, I been really happy. But this holiday season, Im really lost. All the games that I really want to play, are on Playstation 2. And there are no games coming out for the xbox that will fill that void. All eyes are on the xbox 360, with no interesting games, and graphics that really dont look all that much better than xbox. Putting their store display models on the best high definition tv out there may fool many, but doesnt fool me.

I think the problem with this next generation, and Im talkin bout all the consoles, is that the gaming industry isnt ready. With all generations before, the next generation came about around the time that the industry needed more hardware to put there games out. Graphics of the old generation were being pushed the the max, and they had ideas they couldnt do without new hardware. Thus the next generation was born, with new games to blow you away. But with this generation, the xbox/ps2/gc is still going strong. Most these games can probably be done on the current generation. The graphics dont look that advanced, there is no "leaps and bounds" being made, just little tweaks. I think Ill just wait a couple years for all the dust to settle before I jump into this round of console wars, and I currently dont have a side. Although I sure as hell wont be buying a revolution. lol.

Phoenix Aska
All I use my ps2 for is mainly RPG's now...other then that it's useless. The only thing that will be good about the ps3 is the fact that it too will be hi def compatible and it will have that dvd thingy with it..i forgot what it's called.
The xbox 360 like the older version will be suited with a more...mature type of gameplay in most of its games like pdz, doa 4, gears of war ect. I cant sa if the ps3 is better or not than the 360 but im not gonna rush out to buy it...i'd rather get halo 3 when that comes out.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
what's the big deal that you can play PS1 games? We're meant to be moving forward, not back. Though of course the sheep will actually boot up Tunnel B1, Ridge Racer, Descent or Tekken 1 and start saying "Oh this console rules!". It happened with PS2, I remember. It's not is it?

Both Xbox AND Microsoft are getting props, not for going forward or innovating but for going back, for having DVD capability and stuff. Don't go around saying it's a mad console because it does all this other stuff.
-AC

I greatly disagree with this comment. Nobody wants to lose the playability of their older games just because a new system has come out and doesn't support them anymore.
Just because a new system comes out with new games doesn't mean our older games go out the window or on our shelves to collecte dust and sit for eternity.

Your statement is very bold and UNKNOWLEDGABLE.

is it COMPREHENSIBLE.....

Blue Dragon
Very true, there is still time to think about our older games. We mustn't forget about them only because a 'new console' has come out. That always gets me mad, something new comes out & the older stuff is then forgotten. sad

General Kaliero
Indeed, that list was just stupid.

But then again, I'm entering into the 360/PS3 battle (Revo is neglected as always, I see. IGN sucks.) from a different point of view. That POV being full-time cube, fair amount of time with the X-box, and maybe 6 weeks of PS2 ownership. From this point of view, I've seen what I like about games, and at this point nothing on the 360 jumps out at me. My current support goes to Nintendo's Revolution for their bravery in showing a new way of playing games, NOT giving specs on graphics yet, and their first-party games that will always be some of the best gaming experiences. After that is the PS3, purely for their third-party support which is, quite simply, the best. the 360 is notable for pretty much the same thing as the X-Box was: The best online gaming experience, through XBL.

But comparing the consoles, making consumers think they have to buy one or the other (or the other), is stupid. If some games come out for the 360 that I think I'll enjoy, I'll buy a 360. Same thing for the other two consoles. That's the way gamers should be thinking, not resorting to childish fanboyism like this IGN crap.

Red Superfly

xyz jedi
Xbox to Xbox 360 is the same as
PS1 to PS2. Hardly any change.

I'm waiting for the rev okay. Rev + Cube + 64 = very very happy.

Blue Dragon
Yeah, wait for the Revolution! big grin Gonna be wicked once Twilight Princess comes out! Better than any old Xbox's or PS3's! yes

El_NINO
Reason number 1 to get PS3

cost = $1000 as of right now

enjoy your system!!!! smile

Red Superfly
Yeah, wait for the Revolution! big grin Gonna be wicked once Twilight Princess comes out! Better than any old Xbox's or PS3's! yes

Twilight Princess is the only game on the horizon I could care about.

I adore Zelda games.

Blue Dragon
It is a game to look foward to it. Looks like it could be the greatest game of all time!

TwisterGameX
360 fails bad...ps2 is still competeing with it..

lowrider370

Red Superfly
It is a game to look foward to it. Looks like it could be the greatest game of all time!

Well, judging by the fact I've played pretty much every great game ever made, and I consider Zelda: Ocarina Of Time to be the best gaming experience I've ever had, it's gonna be riding high on my expectations.

powerfulone1987
Sony is doing good b/c it is good. There will be people who will have everything bad under the moon to say about it, but it's plain and simple. Playstation 2 is a good system with a good library and the PS3, well who can say anything about it at this point. We don't know enough, and game trailers don't stand for a good source of information to go off at the mouth about this and that and what's wrong with it. There are still so many games we haven't seen on the PS3, and so far, since we've only seen trailers containing cutscens from a couple of games(lets not get into the whole Killzone thing) we don't actually know how the gameplay actually looks(unless you believe that you did see actual gameplay in "one" of the trailers "wink" "wink"wink.

So just b/c the 360 has problems and isn't doing the least bit good over in Japan, doesn't mean all of a sudden Sony Haters need to start talking crap about a system that hasn't even come out yet and they know nothing about. Even though no matter how good it may turn out to be, they will still proclaim how horrible it is.

On another note. I'm looking forward to the Revolution too esp. for the next Super Smash Brothers Melee. I won't be getting Zelda, as I've never gotten into those games and and have only ever played one on my gameboy advance which i never completed and I've also played Link and Zelda on Super Smash Brother's Melee. And I don't know if it's expalined in the games or not, but it annoys me how the games are called Zelda when you play as a character named Link. I never understood that. For the longest time when I was younger, I thought that Link was Zelda but just used the name Link as a nick name or something.

Phat J
zelda is the princess that link saves, now man, you can't call yourself a true videogame fan if you havent at least given zelda: oracina of time a chance, that game is amazing.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
On another note. I'm looking forward to the Revolution too esp. for the next Super Smash Brothers Melee. I won't be getting Zelda, as I've never gotten into those games and and have only ever played one on my gameboy advance which i never completed and I've also played Link and Zelda on Super Smash Brother's Melee. And I don't know if it's expalined in the games or not, but it annoys me how the games are called Zelda when you play as a character named Link. I never understood that. For the longest time when I was younger, I thought that Link was Zelda but just used the name Link as a nick name or something.

Dude, even though you have a good point, you are fogetting that we are going by what evidence we HAVE, wasn't that clear? All of the systems are potentially the best, but which one is more potentially going to offer new and exciting GAMING experiences? So far, only Nintendo's showing of a controller has shown that they intend to give a damn about moving games onward, whereas so far, both XBox 360 and PS3 languish in what has already gone before. It has nothing to do with fanboys, only evidence. 360 and PS3 have both made it very clear they are concerned about the technology and graphics, both trying to out-do the other whereas Nintendo's first thing they show us is of what we will be actually using to play their games with.

You can't really have a valid opinion on the matter until you've played what is generally regarded as one of the greatest games series of them all: Legend Of Zelda. I'm not saying you'll agree it is the be-all and end-all of videogames, but at least people will think "this guy knows what he's talking about" if you know your game history, and people will listen to you.

clarson49x
im still waiting for more xbox 360s to come out. the graphics is much better than PS3 big time.

Blue Dragon
I'm looking forward to the Revolution too esp. for the next Super Smash Brothers Melee. I won't be getting Zelda, as I've never gotten into those games and and have only ever played one on my gameboy advance which i never completed and I've also played Link and Zelda on Super Smash Brother's Melee. And I don't know if it's expalined in the games or not, but it annoys me how the games are called Zelda when you play as a character named Link. I never understood that. For the longest time when I was younger, I thought that Link was Zelda but just used the name Link as a nick name or something.
Although you play Link, in every game there's a princess called Zelda & she's the one always getting rescued by Link. A friend also thought that Zelda was a man & you played him. He was right about playing a man but the rest.... blink

I don't know how anyone could think that Zelda was a man, it's a female name! confused Legend of Link just sounds really bad but I suppose they could've given it another name. I like Legend of Zelda though (the name...& the games too.) happy Just wait until you see TP, you may change your mind.

thegmeister53
Originally posted by Phat J
zelda is the princess that link saves, now man, you can't call yourself a true videogame fan if you havent at least given zelda: oracina of time a chance, that game is amazing.

Agreed.

And Nintendo is the only system that is attempting to create a new video gaming experience. Have you seen Nintendo's new controller, it's so awesome. At least Nintendo is trying something new.

Sony and Microsoft are locked in this battle about which system has the better graphics. And it's beginning to get alittle boring. I just got a 360 for Christmas. I played for a few hours and realized that it was the exact same thing as the Xbox, they just upped the graphics abit. And I have no doubt that the PS3 will be the same way.

And Ocarina of Time is the greatest video game ever made.

2-Face
Originally posted by thegmeister53

And Ocarina of Time is the greatest video game ever made.

yep cool

Great Vengeance
360 is going to own this gen, they came out with it first which is always a big advantage because it will be the 'thing to get' for the next few months. Also 360 is going to have superior support and from what I have seen a superior line up of games. They have big exclusives that PS3 and Rev will be hard pressed to beat:

-Halo 3

-ES IV Oblivion(along with PC though few will have the specs to play it on high settings)

-PD0

-Losy Odyssey

-Mass Effect

-PGR 3

-Fable 2

-Gears of War

-Prey

-Too Human

All most likely will be out before 2007 and most will be AAA.

What does Rev have? MP 3? *cough*

PS3 will have a decent lineup but I dont think it will contend with the might of the 360 this gen.

powerfulone1987
Ummm.... I don't see how you must have played Ocarina of time to exist in the video game world.

That's stupid. And yes, when it first came out I really wanted to play it b/c the whole timetraveling thing really intrigued and attracted me. But b/c I gave my nintendo 64 away twice for christmas to parents with kids who could't afford to buy one, at the time that the game came out I must not have had gotten another Nintendo 64, so i was unable to play it. So who knows, if i had had a system when the game came out, I may very well had become a Link fan.

And people, I said when I was younger I was confused. I am very aware who Link and Zelda are now.

And I think that Zelda could pass as a boys name also. It's just engraved in some people's head as a girl name b/c they associate it with the video game character Zelda. But the name could go either way in my opinion.

And I think I and anybody else who hasn't played Ocarina of Time are just as much gamers as anybody else and to say anything different is just ingnorant, oh yeah, IN MY OPINION.

Red Superfly
I wan't trying to be rude, but people that think they can form an opinion when they haven't played the "important games" are being a bit ignorant also.

Forming any opinion about any game without actually playing it is by definition; ignorance. But you seem to have pretty decent taste in games and know a lot about games anyway, so I reckon you'd really enjoy Zelda.

I wasn't having a go at you. It's not like you said something idiotic and ignorant like:

"What does Rev have? MP 3? *cough*"

Unlike some people........

thegmeister53
People will definitely get their moneysworth with the Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. I was pissed thought at how they delayed the game until spring though. Something tells me that Microsoft is hoping to push it farther back that way it will come out closer to the PS3.

Great Vengeance, what, may I ask, is wrong with Metroid Prime 3? There is also no way in hell that Fable is better than Metroid Prime. Halo is overrated and Gears of War isn't even out. Please don't judge a game when it isn't even out yet. You also failed to mention games such as Jade Empire and KOTOR. Yes, and Nintendo has no exclusives like Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, or Mario...

powerfulone1987
I wan't trying to be rude, but people that think they can form an opinion when they haven't played the "important games" are being a bit ignorant also.

As long as the opinion they are forming is about a game that they have played, it doesn't matter if they haven't played said "important" games such as Ocarina of Time.

Forming any opinion about any game without actually playing it is by definition; ignorance. But you seem to have pretty decent taste in games and know a lot about games anyway, so I reckon you'd really enjoy Zelda.

I agree. I didn't do this did I?

darth_royke
there seems to be the usual 'i'm with my machine and teh others suck" kinda thing in here. has it anything to do with a lot of people using this site are american? i mean, they will probably favour the xbox being, as it is, an american machine. europeans it seems are more mixed. the japanese hopwever, dislike microsoft, so the 360 flunked over there.

personally, i think nintendo have the edge because of their innovation, the 360 and ps3 are more about graphic power, which, i'm afraid to tell everyone, isnt that important. playability and fun are the keys to gaming, and nintendo always deliver. i will be getting a revolution, and probably a ps3 also. mainly because i dont have any affection for halo, so i wont miss it and it seems the only console speicific game for teh microsoft. i have a pc anyways with nice enough specs.

the ps3 then... why choose this? for me, its gta. if you have a game the size of san andreas on a dvd rom disc, imagine how big it'll be on a bluray disc??? 5-8 times bigger... which, is huge. development time will be longer however. all worth it.

Ast
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
360 is going to own this gen, they came out with it first which is always a big advantage because it will be the 'thing to get' for the next few months.

Dreamcast. stick out tongue

El_NINO
Originally posted by darth_royke
there seems to be the usual 'i'm with my machine and teh others suck" kinda thing in here. has it anything to do with a lot of people using this site are american? i mean, they will probably favour the xbox being, as it is, an american machine. europeans it seems are more mixed. the japanese hopwever, dislike microsoft, so the 360 flunked over there.

personally, i think nintendo have the edge because of their innovation, the 360 and ps3 are more about graphic power, which, i'm afraid to tell everyone, isnt that important. playability and fun are the keys to gaming, and nintendo always deliver. i will be getting a revolution, and probably a ps3 also. mainly because i dont have any affection for halo, so i wont miss it and it seems the only console speicific game for teh microsoft. i have a pc anyways with nice enough specs.

the ps3 then... why choose this? for me, its gta. if you have a game the size of san andreas on a dvd rom disc, imagine how big it'll be on a bluray disc??? 5-8 times bigger... which, is huge. development time will be longer however. all worth it.

It really angers me when people say PS3 or XBOX360 is all about graphics, or that GTA or HALO are the only titles each console has. If you havent played anything else other than HALO or GTA than you seriously arent a true gamer. If HALO or GTA were their only good titles then they would be broke and everyone would have a GAMECUBE, so its obvious that nintendo are not doing something right and SONY and MICROSOFT are doing far better than nintendo could have imagined. Remember these companies dont make money from selling consoles (they do but its not everday someone buys a console) they make more money from selling games.

Ast
The big edge I give Microsoft, is XBOX Live, it is so much better than Sony's setup.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by El_NINO
SONY and MICROSOFT are doing far better than nintendo could have imagined.

cleary you have no idea what you are talking about.

El_NINO
Originally posted by StinkFist462
cleary you have no idea what you are talking about.

If im wrong then prove it, back up what you are saying.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by darth_royke

Don't speak for me, b/c I'm american and I happen not to be a fan of the Xbox.

is it comprehensible.....

Originally posted by El_NINO
It really angers me when people say PS3 or XBOX360 is all about graphics, or that GTA or HALO are the only titles each console has. If you havent played anything else other than HALO or GTA than you seriously arent a true gamer. If HALO or GTA were their only good titles then they would be broke and everyone would have a GAMECUBE, so its obvious that nintendo are not doing something right and SONY and MICROSOFT are doing far better than nintendo could have imagined. Remember these companies dont make money from selling consoles (they do but its not everday someone buys a console) they make more money from selling games.

This statement is just crap, no offense. First you say that the person is wrong for saying that GTA and Halo are the only main games for the 2 systems and that if this was so that everyone would have a gamecube. (you're obviously telling the other person they're incorrect in their statment about this). Then you go on to say, "so Nintendo must be doing some wrong", you just said the person's statement was incorrect and then you go on to say something that implies that theirstatment is correct.

You can't have it both ways just because you dislike the Gamecube, which is doing well by the way.

JToTheP
This too:

*NWS & stuff*

http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/5549/27411ul.gif

El_NINO
Don't speak for me, b/c I'm american and I happen not to be a fan of the Xbox.

This statement is just crap, no offense. First you say that the person is wrong for saying that GTA and Halo are the only main games for the 2 systems and that if this was so that everyone would have a gamecube. (you're obviously telling the other person they're incorrect in their statment about this). Then you go on to say, "so Nintendo must be doing some wrong", you just said the person's statement was incorrect and then you go on to say something that implies that theirstatment is correct.

You can't have it both ways just because you dislike the Gamecube, which is doing well by the way.

First of all I dont dislike the GC because I they have some pretty good games, second of all my statement has to do with the fact that out of the 3 systems, most people would choose either a PS2 or XBOX first before a GC (ask your friends what they would choose... I did), and finally your reply makes absoluty no sense (no offense), you just answered your own question with what you typed in the reply. I never agreed to anything in his statement, all I did was say it makes me angry when people say or only give the obvious example implying thats the only game good on that system.

powerfulone1987
Obviously, you don't see what I'm talking about. You start off saying how that statement is incorrect and you're tired of people responding that way and then you go on to say if that was true then"......" and then you say "so.......".

Do you see? The thing you said "would be true" you later defend. You say it's not true and then you roll with it and support it.

is it comprehensible......

El_NINO
Obviously, you don't see what I'm talking about. You start off saying how that statement is incorrect and you're tired of people responding that way and then you go on to say if that was true then"......" and then you say "so.......".

Do you see? The thing you said "would be true" you later defend. You say it's not true and then you roll with it and support it.

is it comprehensible......

I dont really see what your responding too, explain it please, and this time dont pull single words out of what I typed and change it into what your saying.

powerfulone1987
i didn't change anything.
you even say "what I typed".

And nevermind, I don't feel like retyping your sentences.

DeathByPencil

DeathByPencil
Oh yeah, and 7 controllers? If you're going to have that many why not 8? 7 seems like a rather odd number to choose, and I don't see how you could play, say, Killzone 2 with a screen split 7 ways. roll eyes (sarcastic)

powerfulone1987
if you have a big enough screen it's very doable.

DeathByPencil
Not really. You would need a MASSIVE TV, most of us don't have massive TVs, not ones to accommodate a screen split 7 ways... messed

powerfulone1987
I didn't say we did, I just said it was doable on a big enough screen which you also confirm above.

Refused
I'm not even sure you need that many to begin with. Who has honestly had over 7 people in their house to play games with? And i think it's games that don't use split screen, like sports games and maybe games like Smash Bros.

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by Refused
I'm not even sure you need that many to begin with. Who has honestly had over 7 people in their house to play games with? And i think it's games that don't use split screen, like sports games and maybe games like Smash Bros.

lol...ive had uhhmm i think 22 or 23 people before when i threw a party and people were like drunk and stuff taking turns beating people in tekken 5...it was funny. and then when the orignal halo came out my friends thought it was the best game ever and i went to rusty's house because he's really rich and people would play uhhmm i think its called system link on like 3 different tv's. lol. those were fun times.

Tha C-Master
First and foremost I like backwards compatibility because I still like most of my games on my old system, just because I have a new system doesn't mean I play just that. I play my snes and genesis for christ sakes.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Totally true. Funny thing is that you never see that with an Nintendo product.

I still think ps3 has a chance of being overrated. The price tag will be similiar to the 360 (or higher), the screenshots look doctered and photoshopped (just like how Madden was suppose to look like for the 360) and from the IGN article, the launch list that thought up that might happen includes Gran Turismo (big ****ing deal, it will be the same game since the original without collision dectection), Killzone (game blew for the PS2, whats so exciting about it, oh wait that movie they showed at E3, which nonbody knows is real thing, Tekken (wow, another same ****ing game), and maybe MGS4. THat could be the reason why it might be overrated. I liked Killzone, the multiplayer anyways...

Frag Maniac
OK, I was going to wait until I get linking privys to reply to this, but I got anxious, what can I say. This is one of the final paragraphs from a tech review on the 360's Xenon CPU, a very good and informative read IMO:

"At any rate, Playstation 3 fanboys shouldn't get all flush over the idea that the Xenon will struggle on non-graphics code. However bad off Xenon will be in that department, the PS3's Cell will probably be worse. The Cell has only one PPE to the Xenon's three, which means that developers will have to cram all their game control, AI, and physics code into at most two threads that are sharing a very narrow execution core with no instruction window. (Don't bother suggesting that the PS3 can use its SPEs for branch-intensive code, because the SPEs lack branch prediction entirely.) Furthermore, the PS3's L2 is only 512K, which is half the size of the Xenon's L2. So the PS3 doesn't get much help with branches in the cache department. In short, the PS3 may fare a bit worse than the Xenon on non-graphics code, but on the upside it will probably fare a bit better on graphics code because of the seven SPEs."

Word is it's from, cough,..arstechnica dot,...cough,..you know what, an article titled "Inside the Xbox 360 Part II". (Well, at least it's not an actual link.) big grin

Personally, I've not even seen or heard of any evidence of AI, physics, or control capabilities lacking in any of the 360 titles, which is one of the things the article goes into detail about in saying the 360 CPU is hard to write for. As the above paragraph states though, he feels the PS3 will be even worse at these things.

Obviously either of these consoles will have graphics capabilities far exceeding their predecessors, but I likes my AI to be spot on too, and what good are great graphics without good physics to compliment it, not to mention control function that isn't clumsy or laggy.

It's too soon to really say how they will really compare though, I just thought I'd throw this out for anyone that wants to read a more techy than usual article on the guts on these things.

Arachnoidfreak

Does anybody know when the next shipment of Xbox360's are coming out. And is BestBuy the only store selling them, because I haven't been hearing anything about Wal-Mart, even though I'm almost certain they would be selling them.

Probably next christmas or so...and maybe you should try an actual vieo game store instead of Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Try Gamestop, EB Games, places like that. Or even online.

powerfulone1987
Yeah, i've found many stores online were selling them including walmart. I just never heard about them being in the wal mart stores and other's only best buys. And I don't live near "game" stores so I rarely go in them, but just the other week I went to a mall and went into Ebgames I think it was , and they had 3 xbox 360s.

And it's been said that people will be able to just walk in a store and purchase a Xbox 360 in March.

Refused
Damnit, why won't time hurry up, it's like Time is teasing me right now, why is that whenever i'm really looking forward to something, Time slows down? I want my the goods to come out already!!!

Oh yah, is there any official word on when the Rev will come out? (i know that the PS3 isn't coming out for a while)

El_NINO
PS3 will come out in spring like March or April unless they decide to delay the launch. They say they are remodeling the controller because it looks like a boomerange, too many complaints.

powerfulone1987
that's dumb to remodel it b/c of the way it looks. For all we know it could feel real good in the hands.

Refused
true that.

powerfulone1987
I actually liked the shape of the controller anyway.

This wouldn't be a problem if the Boomerang had never been invented and nobody knew what one was so nobody would be comparing the controller to one.

What's so bad about a boomerang shaped controller anyway. Looks good to me.

El_NINO
The spring lauch would be for Japan anyways, North America wouldnt see it for fall or christmas season.

powerfulone1987
i never thought about that. I was expecting it to be here in a few months.

Refused
I heard worse. I heard until November.

crazy_shadow
The Xbox360 is overrated. The PS3 can't be, since it's not out. It might be, but it also could give the 360 a new home in the gutter. Quite the premature statement. 360, based on launch titles and the 0 price tag, is overrated.

I was surfing the internet for PS3 vs. XBOX360, and somehow i got here, and im like surprised.

It says ----"As you might expect, we're hearing some reports of consoles not working as expected. But the important thing to note here is that the call rate is well below what you'd expect for a consumer electronic product of this complexity."

have you even bothered checking the specs on the PS3??? It's WAY worst then the 360! The PS3 has a BIGGER chance of crashing the XBOX360. I agree to it having excellent games and stuff.

The video on the PS3 is very impressive i have to say. But the thing is, they were more concerned about the graphics rather then the performance. and i dont mean the video performance.

The thing only runs on ONE core running @3.2 Ghz. The Xbox360 runs on THREE cores that run @3.2 Ghz.

If the Xbox360 was having major problems freezing. The PS3 has a lot bigger chance of freezing too!. It's like having three brains, each processor handling different requests at the same time, so they don't interfere with each other...in a single processor system, it would have to handle all the requests at once, and that can bog the system down.

It doesn't even have the same L2 cache! "512KB L2 cache" The Xbox360 has *1GB* L2 cache

My job is done. Back to surfing more sites over these 2 systems. (as i said before, I don't want to talk on KMC. I just came here to put your brains at work. So don't bother replying to this. Just continue arguing among yourselves. Just hope some of you open your eyes to this message.)

Refused
Or we can wait until both consoles are out god damnit, stop all this
speculationg crap.

JToTheP
Look, as long as the Ps3 doesn't have a shortage like 360, and doesn't have freezing problems, it already has the advantage on 360. You can't throw games at someone and expect them to wither down. I personally don't give a shit if they made Halo 17, I heard Halo 2 was only good for online play, and that made me laugh because of how long it was boosted and people had orgasms over it. Regardless, We will just have to wait and see what happens.

manny321
True Ps3 just needs a Gta game release with it and it easily kill the 360.

Refused
All the big names like GTA, Halo, and Metal Gear are good and all but i really want something NEW. I want something to blow my mind. Whichever console has the next big thing is the console i'm getting.

satans_shade
All the big names like GTA, Halo, and Metal Gear are good and all but i really want something NEW. I want something to blow my mind. Whichever console has the next big thing is the console i'm getting. I think Gears of War will be the new best seller. As the pics and trailers I've seen, it looks incredible.

manny321
there has been better games for all consoles however Halo, Grand transimo, Gta are still dominant.

Cyber Ninja

manny321
The killer applications for the systems will be what??
The Ps3??
Nitendo revolution??
Gears of war??

i say Metal gear solid for the Ps3 for sure.

I am not sure about the other two.

satans_shade
Originally posted by manny321
The killer applications for the systems will be what??
The Ps3??
Nitendo revolution??
Gears of war??

i say Metal gear solid for the Ps3 for sure.

I am not sure about the other two.

PS3 = MGS 4
Revolution = Super Smash Revolution
Xbox360 = Gears of War (maybe. No one's played to give an opinion stick out tongue)

Mako Victim
For the recored, the only people I hear complain about the 360 are the ones that don't have one... Some of my friends that got one have nothing but good things to say about the 360, but my friends that didn't get one say that there just gonna wait for the PS3 cause the 360 has to many flaws.. Even though there where more complaints about the PS2 when it came then the 360. I personally think the people that don't own a 360 are alittle jealous, and I think that's the reason for all the skeptic criticism about it....

Ast
Originally posted by satans_shade
PS3 = MGS 4
Xbox360 = Gears of War (maybe. No one's played to give an opinion stick out tongue)

And they have played the others? laughing out loud

El_NINO
Originally posted by satans_shade
PS3 = MGS 4

laughing

Refused
Originally posted by Mako Victim
For the recored, the only people I hear complain about the 360 are the ones that don't have one... Some of my friends that got one have nothing but good things to say about the 360, but my friends that didn't get one say that there just gonna wait for the PS3 cause the 360 has to many flaws.. Even though there where more complaints about the PS2 when it came then the 360. I personally think the people that don't own a 360 are alittle jealous, and I think that's the reason for all the skeptic criticism about it....

Nah, that's not it. Of course people with the the 360 are going to have nothing but good things to say about it because they're mad that it sucks so they try to make it seem like they're happy with it. duh...

Ast
Nah, that's not it. Of course people with the the 360 are going to have nothing but good things to say about it because they're mad that it sucks so they try to make it seem like they're happy with it. duh...

So when I say, "I love my 360", you hear "this thing ****ing sucks"? blink

John Bak'or
DUDES WTF is with all the arguments if u wanna argue about the consols do it in games vs forums i personally aint gonna say sh*t without every single consol out (or at least the ps2 and some revolution vids)

powerfulone1987
Actually, the people with teh 360's would be more knowledgable about the faults of the 360 more than the people without one. So the complaints with the 360's were released from the people who got one, not the people who didn't and had no knowledge of what exactly went wrong with them in the beginning.

Cyber Ninja
http://www.devstation.scee.com/

Mako Victim
Actually, the people with teh 360's would be more knowledgable about the faults of the 360 more than the people without one. So the complaints with the 360's were released from the people who got one, not the people who didn't and had no knowledge of what exactly went wrong with them in the beginning.

Ofcourse the the 360 complaints come from the people that have one.. But since a few 360's went bad everyone thinks there's something very wrong with all of them. Which isn't true.. most of the 360 problems actually come from illegally downloading games, from what I've heard there's a fail safe in it which causes the game to freeze or glitch if you downloaded it illegally..

Refused
That sucks, whatever console is the easiest to mod is the console i'm buying. wink

thegmeister53
Ofcourse the the 360 complaints come from the people that have one.. But since a few 360's went bad everyone thinks there's something very wrong with all of them. Which isn't true.. most of the 360 problems actually come from illegally downloading games, from what I've heard there's a fail safe in it which causes the game to freeze or glitch if you downloaded it illegally..

Yeah, I have one and have had no problems with it. I also have a few friends who also have one and theirs are working perfectly too. It usually happens when a new system comes out for there to be a few problems.

swedish_bum
That sucks, whatever console is the easiest to mod is the console i'm buying. wink With Rev you can download all the games from the previous Nintendo consoles

smile

lowrider370
this thing is still goin on it s a pointless discussion both systems look great

Avenger2.0
From what I've read the 360 sounds like a jet taking off when working and the power adapter is half as big as the console...

Ast
Originally posted by Avenger2.0
From what I've read the 360 sounds like a jet taking off when working and the power adapter is half as big as the console...

Yeah it does and yes it is. stick out tongue

Once you start playing you dont notice the sound, you only notice how quite it gets when you turn it off. laughing out loud

sully_2u
That sucks, whatever console is the easiest to mod is the console i'm buying. wink

That is basically what the 360 is...a modded xbox. There is no real difference in gameplay and not a big difference in in-game look. All they did was upgrade the Xbox Live server and give the start menu a new look.

Ps3 is at least playing around with new technologies like there Blu-Ray Disc. What new technologies does the 360 have? None.

Ryder4LyF
whys is this topic still alive

El_NINO
Originally posted by sully_2u
That is basically what the 360 is...a modded xbox. There is no real difference in gameplay and not a big difference in in-game look. All they did was upgrade the Xbox Live server and give the start menu a new look.

Ps3 is at least playing around with new technologies like there Blu-Ray Disc. What new technologies does the 360 have? None.

are you sure about that?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Ryder4LyF
whys is this topic still alive

Because there are still people out there who might decide to get a 360 and not wait for the PS3.

ESB - 1138
Let's look at it like this:

The 360 cost $400-500 for the hard drive system. The games that are out for it are mostly for the core at the moment with all the big games (Halo 3 and KoToR 3) coming out later for the hard drive. Now the PS3 has been delayed and (I heard this on G4 TV) the PS3 is suppose to cost $650+ while the Revolution is going to be $200-250 and it allows you to play all the old Nintendo games plus the new Super Smash Bros, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and many more games that shall come out for the Revolution and the controllers on the Revolution (looks like a remote control) is suppose to be motion sensitive meaning if you are in a game that uses a sword or something you are basically in full control of the weapon instead of tapping A as fast as you can.

AstroFan
Whats the difference between a game for the core and a game for the premium?

WrathfulDwarf
Premium comes with the backwards compatibility. You can play certain Classic games from the original xbox.

And if Sony expects me to buy a PS3 for $650.00 they can stick it up their *beep*

I'm happy with my purchase of Xbox360. I'd rather get me a Nintendo Revolution. I heard is going to be pretty cheap and packs a lot of classic games.

BackFire
I doubt the PS3 will cost 650, I've heard it will probably be around 500.

AstroFan
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Premium comes with the backwards compatibility. You can play certain Classic games from the original xbox.

Yeah, I know that, I have 2. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He made it sound like they were gonna design different games for just the premium system.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by AstroFan

how interesting...

Originally posted by BackFire
I doubt the PS3 will cost 650, I've heard it will probably be around 500.

Even the 500 dollar mark sounds too high. Unless they're throwing a bunch goodies in a package it would be worth it.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by AstroFan

He made it sound like they were gonna design different games for just the premium system.

Some games can only be played on the premium unless you buy the hard drive for the core.

Ritoshi
the bs games who cares if it don't work.

ESB - 1138
Elder Scrolls IV can only be played with a hard drive. KoToR III and Halo 3 will only be able to play with a hard drive.

sully_2u
and if the ps3 was $500 dollars they would most likely be losing a whole lot of money on it. Plus Blu Ray dvd players aren't cheap. $999

InnerRise
Yeah, Sony will lose a lot of money, because they'll spending more than they'll be making because they'll have to have a lower price than 650 and 500 to even compete with the other consoles.

But it's not all a bad thing because Sony is trying to do once again what they tried to do with their video player that failed in the past. They plan on having PS3's in homes even if the people only buy it for the DVD Player.

Their mindset is that people will buy the PS3 before they just buy a seperate Blue Ray DvD Player, which will help them expand their business and take over in that area and be in everybody's homes and be their entertainment providers.

They may be losing money, but I'd say what they'll be gaining if this is successful will be worth it.

sully_2u
yes considering people like me that will look into it for future technologies like Super Audio Cd's and such..

BackFire
Oblivion can be played without the harddrive.

CaptainStoic
I don't mean to seem patriotic, and my facts may even be wrong, but I'll buy the 360 for two reason.

1) It may help stimulate the US economy, this is a very good reason why Americans should buy this system.

2) Buying all three next gen systems, keeps all of the other companies striving to produce better software, as well as hardware.

Like I said my facts may be incorrect, but then again they might not be.

El_NINO
Im going to do the smart thing and sell my PS3 on ebay for more than what I paid for. If I can I will also buy more than 1 PS3. big grin

sully_2u
Hey, if you're lucky you could just trick the person into buying just a picture for a thousand dollars.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>