Vader's life support system Works How?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pondo Booboo
Okay, picture this (again): A wounded Anakin is brought to the operating table, med-droids are all around him, there's a mask lowered down onto his face which has all the moving parts of a bucket, and it's locked on with superseal, and hey presto, one life support system!

I don't think so... Shouldn't some kind of interior mouth mask be a part of the apparatus, or a tube present inside the suit to feed him oxygen? Nothing is touching his face, nothing to indicate that the outward mask serves ANY purpose at ALL. It's like he has a Jack o'lantern around his head and that's somehow supposed to assure us that he's got a life support system? What's the deal here? Opinions?

Lil Krueger
Originally posted by Pondo Booboo
Okay, picture this (again): A wounded Anakin is brought to the operating table, med-droids are all around him, there's a mask lowered down onto his face which has all the moving parts of a bucket, and it's locked on with superseal, and hey presto, one life support system!

I don't think so... Shouldn't some kind of interior mouth mask be a part of the apparatus, or a tube present inside the suit to feed him oxygen? Nothing is touching his face, nothing to indicate that the outward mask serves ANY purpose at ALL. It's like he has a Jack o'lantern around his head and that's somehow supposed to assure us that he's got a life support system? What's the deal here? Opinions?

Read book about that.

darthvader_fan
yea read

Darth Vader ultimate guide

Captain REX
Or the new Dark Lord book, as well. Either are very descriptive.

Darth Vicious
Hes Darth"freaking"Vader, He needs no stinking air. Its just a movie! Not everything has to make sense.

vader519
Go to the starwars website and read the databank info on the suit. It tells you how it works. Why is this eve a question? Who cares how it works, it is a badass suit.

darthvader_fan
darth vada is a pimp

Pondo Booboo
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Hes Darth"freaking"Vader, He needs no stinking air. Its just a movie! Not everything has to make sense.

What are you doing on this site then, tosser?

Captain REX
What are you doing on this site then, tosser?

Why are you failing at insulting him? What are YOU doing on this site?

chinabing
Ponda Booboo is right. You shouldn't have to send people to a book to find out the answer. While Lucas doesn't have to explain everything, a little bit more here would have been helpful.

Pondo Booboo
Originally posted by Captain REX
Why are you failing at insulting him? What are YOU doing on this site?

I'm not failing at insulting him, Cap. I'm making a point. I shouldn't have to insult anyone. If and when I want to (I hope never), you're gonna hear some zingers, baby.

And if you're not interested in the veracity of star wars (selective?) why do you care about answering a site like this at all? That is what I meant when I said why are you on this site. Okay? Clear? Is to me.

In the meantime, this, as any thread, is supposed to spread interest. Discuss!, Critique! As for me, I'm off to buy le book for "sci-en-ti-fique data."

Man! Lotta little brown shirts in here! Ya try to be nice ta some people. A little human compassion.

Pondo Booboo
Anger is the path to the dark side.

cool

Ken Kenobi
I'm not failing at insulting him, Cap. I'm making a point. I shouldn't have to insult anyone. If and when I want to (I hope never), you're gonna hear some zingers, baby.

And if you're not interested in the veracity of star wars (selective?) why do you care about answering a site like this at all? That is what I meant when I said why are you on this site. Okay? Clear? Is to me.

In the meantime, this, as any thread, is supposed to spread interest. Discuss!, Critique! As for me, I'm off to buy le book for "sci-en-ti-fique data."

Man! Lotta little brown shirts in here! Ya try to be nice ta some people. A little human compassion.

Darth Vicious did nothing to warrant you calling him a "tosser", so yes you resorted to insulting for no good reason. This forum isn't just for analyzing every minute detail of the films, it's also just for appreciation of them.

Quit being a dick to people for no reason or I will report you to the moderators.

Pondo Booboo
I was responding to an attitude that I believe warranted the word tosser without any trouble AT...ALL!!!! And as you have responded with equal invective, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Let the chips fall where they may.

Pondo Booboo
matter of fact, forget it. i'm going to kill myself. you can go to hell. make a joke about that.

overlord
WTF are you talking about? Why would anyone make a joke about you killing yourself?
This forum is getting more odd by the second! eek!

darthvader_fan
thats not cool

you need church

Ianus
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
thats not cool

you need church

lmao... That was funny to read.

Ken Kenobi
I was responding to an attitude that I believe warranted the word tosser without any trouble AT...ALL!!!! And as you have responded with equal invective, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Let the chips fall where they may.

Meh, I'm just calling you out for being an ******* for no reason and I am sticking up for my fellow KMC'ers.

matter of fact, forget it. i'm going to kill myself. you can go to hell. make a joke about that.

Can you say...attention whore?

Masrix
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Meh, I'm just calling you out for being an ******* for no reason and I am sticking up for my fellow KMC'ers.

Can you say...attention whore?

Well Put Ken.

b-dan

I don't think so... Shouldn't some kind of interior mouth mask be a part of the apparatus, or a tube present inside the suit to feed him oxygen? Nothing is touching his face, nothing to indicate that the outward mask serves ANY purpose at ALL. It's like he has a Jack o'lantern around his head and that's somehow supposed to assure us that he's got a life support system? What's the deal here? Opinions? well when he gets his mask off in ROTJ you see these little hose thingys near the bottom of his mouth i think that gives him air

Ballister
I'm new, and I admit, I do get myself into trouble with other members. But not as much as members bashing me up.
Here, an example.
Me: bangin
The maker of this thread: bash

b-dan
lol laughing laughing out loud eek!

Pondo Booboo
Boy, this site's been busy since I left it five months ago. To address some things (for the morbidly curious only). First it's said I am "failing" at insulting people (Captain Rex said). Then (Lance Windu) that I am being a "dick" who needs to be reported? Make up your minds.

To Tarvos: "Getting into trouble"? Yeah, that's me. First I was too nice, then I flipped out. I'm a nut. I'm committable, all right? So sue me.

To Lance Windu: Yeah, buddy, I want yooour attention. You think that why? Because you're part of the "in" clique? I don't pander to any crowd. But if that makes you cool, great. Can you say...clique whore?

But for the nice ones of you, have a nice day.

Alliance
Was this necessary? I can't imagine it being so. Restarting a five-month-old argument??? This whole situation shouldn't matter to you, so drop it and move on...this is no way to fix a problem

...just my opinion.

Pondo Booboo
"Restarting" it was not really my motive. Closure was my motive. I wanted to restate myself. Come what may. But I do however know human nature. Let the chips fall where they may. But if this thread can be erased, that's up to the moderators. And it's clear this thread is no longer about star wars anyway. But it sure hasn't seemed to bother anyone that it's been up this long so far.

Tangible God
The why didn't you just ask the mods to erase it instead of reviving it? Noone after November 27th gave a rats ass, but they may now that you've brought it back from the dead. And I thought you wanted it CLOSED, forgotten, left alone. How hypocritical.

Captain REX
Boy, this site's been busy since I left it five months ago. To address some things (for the morbidly curious only). First it's said I am "failing" at insulting people (Captain Rex said). Then (Lance Windu) that I am being a "dick" who needs to be reported? Make up your minds.

To Tarvos: "Getting into trouble"? Yeah, that's me. First I was too nice, then I flipped out. I'm a nut. I'm committable, all right? So sue me.

To Lance Windu: Yeah, buddy, I want yooour attention. You think that why? Because you're part of the "in" clique? I don't pander to any crowd. But if that makes you cool, great. Can you say...clique whore?

But for the nice ones of you, have a nice day.

Hurray for bringing up old shite. You should have stayed away if this is all you came back to do.

Ushgarak
I really don't care what you think about yourself, Pondo, but your attitude in this thread is totally inacceptable, from the insults to the self-pity to the unjustified bumping.

And the point about it only being a movie is VERY sound- there is no justification with trying to seek such minutiae of logic for it, and it does not make you any less of a fan for admitting that.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.