Just bought a Nintendo DS...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mattador
I got a used one at Blockbuster for about 100 bucks and I must say, very impressive yes The only thing that has pissed me off so far is that it is suppose to come with the Metriod Prime Hunters demo but the Cashier said he was all out sad So right now im playing my old GB games on it erm

I have a question to anyone who has a DS already since mine didn't come with a manual: How exactly does the Wi-Fi work? Is it like when you get a couple of them together it automatically picks up the signal and all out the sudden they are networked? If anyone one can help me it will be much appreciated smile

TwisterGameX
http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_ds_lobby/b7594/102553633/p1/?27

mattador
Wow, more complicated than I originally thought erm

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by mattador
Wow, more complicated than I originally thought erm

yes

mattador
Appreciate the link you gave yes

SaTsuJiN
How exactly does the Wi-Fi work? Is it like when you get a couple of them together it automatically picks up the signal and all out the sudden they are networked? If anyone one can help me it will be much appreciated smile the immediate area wifi is simplistic and does pick up DS's in the immediate area..(the DS has to be in search mode naturally.. like how it searches for others in 'picto chat') but cross country Wi-Fi is something you have to set up with a wireless router

mattador
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the immediate area wifi is simplistic and does pick up DS's in the immediate area..(the DS has to be in search mode naturally.. like how it searches for others in 'picto chat')

Now how do you activate "search mode"? Or is it on all the time? confused

Wolf Dog
You need a Wifi enabled game. You can only do it through the game. Hope you have as much fun with your DS as i do. smile

JKozzy
Didn't seem complicated at all to me... actually rather simplistic messed

Wolf Dog
Yah, i know, it was the simplest thing ever. messed
Can't wait til '06 when supposedly, Mario Kart DS will get an update that enables mic support. drool

TwisterGameX
Now that you have a Ds..get these http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t374603.html

mattador
What, you mean Meteos? Im not a puzzle guy erm Im looking for a good DS game at the moment that fits me but have been unsuccessful.

TwisterGameX
What, you mean Meteos? Im not a puzzle guy erm Im looking for a good DS game at the moment that fits me but have been unsuccessful.

thats not the only thing in the link....there is jump super stars, Sonic Rush, T under the knife,wario ware,mario 64 ds, mario kart Ds, and more.

mattador
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
thats not the only thing in the link....there is jump super stars, Sonic Rush, T under the knife,wario ware,mario 64 ds, mario kart Ds, and more.

Hmmm, any action/adventure games for the DS so far?

Spartan005
I'd suggest getting Mario DS, it shows off the system's graphics and has great gameplay

mattador
Originally posted by Spartan005
I'd suggest getting Mario DS, it shows off the system's graphics and has great gameplay

Thanks, i'll check it out smile

HigH ScholaR
http://ds.ign.com/index/reviews.html

try taht link for a list of reviewed games, theres more names will be displayed if you select the letter or search by genre

SaTsuJiN
Now how do you activate "search mode"? Or is it on all the time? confused well say if you and a friend want to play a game of mario kart... (if you only have mario kart).. you'd go to multiplayer > simple (single cart play) , your ds will begin searching... your friend (or friends) would have to at this point be at the ds startup menu, in the 'download play' menu .. where his ds would start searching

they should detect one another after that, and uploading data to your friend or friends should begin

mattador
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
well say if you and a friend want to play a game of mario kart... (if you only have mario kart).. you'd go to multiplayer > simple (single cart play) , your ds will begin searching... your friend (or friends) would have to at this point be at the ds startup menu, in the 'download play' menu .. where his ds would start searching

they should detect one another after that, and uploading data to your friend or friends should begin

lol, thats ironic. I just bought Mario Kart DS last night. That along with Metriod Zero Mission for the GBA slot big grin Im enjoying both. Thanks for the info yes

darth_royke
just got one 2day, mario kart is awesome. got advance wars too, i wanna play it... but mario karts is just so... so... lovelybig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

darth_royke
advance wars dual strike is awesomeembarrasment! mario karts still awesome! i want more games lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.