Favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Which is your favorite Roger Moore James Bond movie and why?
the choices of course are
1.Live and Let Die
2.The Man With The Golden Gun.
3.The Spy Who Loved Me
4.MoonRaker
5.For Your Eyes Only
6.Octopussy
7.A View To A Kill.

My favorite is The Spy who loved me because Jaws was the scariest and most dangerous villain Bond ever faced IMO and the care he drove was the coolest car of his he ever had in the bond series IMO as well,and catherine bach and that woman helicopter pilot who was trying to kill him were just drop dead gorgeous.Plus the theme song NOBODY DOES IT BETTER is awesome and my favorite.
whats yours and why?

Clovie
can't decide..
LALD was nice and TSWLM confused

Mr Parker
Yeah I understand what you mean,Its hard to pick because they are all good except for View To a Kill.Didnt really care for that one especially with Grace Jones being the villain.yuck.It was a hard for me to choose between that one and For your eyes only because I especially love those two.

Mando

yerssot
LALD is good... and that's pretty much it though I like TSWLM and FYEO too

Doc Ock
Live and Let die is one of my all time favs.Even though Q was missing from it sad

But Baron Samedi and Tee Hee are some of the best Bond villains ever.

yerssot
they did it to get a more realistic Bond, though with Samedi returning from the dead, I'm not sure how they can keep that standing

Doctor Lecter
My favorite is A View to a Kill.

yerssot
with Mayday??? then what is the worse besides Moonraker??

Mr Parker
Good question Yerssot. I would sure like to hear as well from him whats the worst Bond movie with Moore if its not A View To A Kill.A View To A Kill is the ONLY Bond movie with Moore that I did NOT like.Like you said,Mayday was the worst thing about that movie.

yerssot
they got confused:
they needed a girl, a male villain and a horse but they mixed them up together and got Mayday

Mr Parker
Yep.thats what happened also when they cast Halle Berry for Catwoman. big grin

Doc Ock
Moonraker was just trying to compete with the Star Wars movies.

yerssot
only, Star Wars was good wink

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Doctor Lecter
My favorite is A View to a Kill.

wow I cant believe it.

Rampant ox
The Man with The Golden Gun is easily the best because it has the best actor in the world playing Scaramanga - Christopher Lee.

Mr Parker
yeah he's a great actor.thats one of my favorite Bond films as well.

Fianchettoer
Roger Moore is evidently the best Bond, so his movies are tough to choose from. I always enjoyed The Man with the Golden Gun, but Moonraker always keeps my interest. I'd say Octopussy is the coolest one of all. For Your Eyes Only wasn't great, and A View to a Kill wasn't too good either. Between Moonraker and The man with the Golden Gun. The Spy Who Loved Me was cool too though.

RZA
This one's a tough one. I like 'em all with a 'View to a Kill' definitely being the weakest.

'The man with the Golden gun' had some very cool villains played by Christopher Lee and Tattoo. Jaws was also one of the coolest recurring villains in a couple of these films.

'The Spy who loved me' and 'For your eyes only' both had memorable songs made for the movie.

'Moonraker' was loaded with action and 'Live let Die' also had cool villains and that black magic vodoo vibe. Loved the train scene in that one.

And what can you say about 'Octopussy' that hasn't already been said. The title alone speaks for itself plus I loved the new ingenious weapons used in that one. Hand-held electrical saws I think they were.

If I have to choose one I'd guess I'd have to go with 'TMWTGG'. Scaramanga was just the coolest villain that Bond had ever faced and one of his most difficult challenges. Plus wasn't this the one where we saw Bond bust out his Kung Fu moves while taking on a few ninjas. Yep I'm pretty sure it was.

Mr Parker
well said.Those are all great points on why The Roger Moore Bond movies are so great.But like you said,A View to a kill was easily his weakest Bond film.I mean Grace Jones as a Bond woman? yeech,I had a hard time not barfing seeing him get into bed with that ugly ape. sick Too Bad Moore had to go out in his swan song with that Bond movie. sad

bakerboy
For me, Roger Moore was the best second Bond, almost tied with Connery. He bring some sense of humor to the character and the series, and it worked very well. But it didnt work anymore in the last two movies. He was very old for the role and the humour was more and more chessy. Here is my ranking:

1: The spy who loved me ( the best one without a doubt)
2: Live and let die ( great movie and very original to the series.)
3: The man with the golden gun( Chris Lee, what a villain.)
4: For you eyes only( less than the others, but still good)
5: Moonraker( pretty corny, only like some action scenes and the Shirley Bassey theme)
6: Octopussy( evern more corny, and moore was too old)
7: a view to kill( Chris Walken was a fine villain, but again Moore was too old and the sense of humour doesnt work like in the others. )

Fianchettoer
Yeah, A View to a Kill was Moore's worst film, but it was 10 times better than Die Another Day if you ask me. What a POS

Mr Parker
No doubt there.Yeah Die Another Day is easily the worst Bond movie ever.

History Buff
This one for me is a no brainer....The Spy Who Loved Me, no question about it!!!!!

Not only is it my fav. Roger Moore Bond film, its my fav. Bond film of all that have been made.

The reasons: Moore was at the top of his game, great presence, charm, grit, and toughness. Great song, "Nobody DOes it better", great villian, and perhaps the best reason....BARBARA BACH!!!!!!!! IMO, the hottest Bond woman EVER!!!!! No doubt in my mind.

BoyScoutKevin
No reason, or, at least, I can't think of a reason, but for me, it's "The Spy Who Loved Me."

Mr Parker
great choice. thumb up Yeah for the reasons I mentioned earlier,that one is my favorite as well.

Mr Parker
I saw LIVE AND LET DIE the other day.It had been a long time since I ad seen that one.that is a very close second to my favorite The spy who loved me.I didnt remember it being so great but it is. thumb up

Chewy07
For me it would have to be The Spy Who Loved Me. It's the first time we meet Jaws and Barbara Bach is absolutely gorgeous!!

starlock
Live and let die

Mr Parker
I dont get it.first I got to remind the people who post on the sean conney james bond thread,that there is a roger moore bond thread to post on as well cause they dont post here.NOW someone posts HERE but on the connery bond thread.I just cant win.

Spartan005
Originally posted by bakerboy
For me, Roger Moore was the best second Bond, almost tied with Connery. He bring some sense of humor to the character and the series, and it worked very well. But it didnt work anymore in the last two movies. He was very old for the role and the humour was more and more chessy. Here is my ranking:

5: Moonraker( pretty corny, only like some action scenes and the Shirley Bassey theme)
7: a view to kill( Chris Walken was a fine villain, but again Moore was too old and the sense of humour doesnt work like in the others. )

same here, but I think moonraker should actually be switched with view to a kill... even though it had a ridiculously cool opening

Mr Parker
so do you have a favorite sean connery James Bond movie?

Jovan
yeah, Moonraker should be the lowest

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I dont get it.first I got to remind the people who post on the sean conney james bond thread,that there is a roger moore bond thread to post on as well cause they dont post here.NOW someone posts HERE but on the connery bond thread.I just cant win.

Like i said,I just cant win.First you post your favorite sean connery james Bond movie on the sean connery thread but dont bother to put in your favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie on the Roger Moore thread here,NOW two posters come HERE and post their favorite Roger Moore james Bond movie,but dont post on the sean connery thread of what their favorite sean connery Bond movie is. mad I just cant win.sheesh. sad

Jovan
perhaps you can ask a moderator to move those posts?

Darth Martin
TMWTGG and FYEO

Mr Parker
Originally posted by History Buff
This one for me is a no brainer....The Spy Who Loved Me, no question about it!!!!!

Not only is it my fav. Roger Moore Bond film, its my fav. Bond film of all that have been made.

The reasons: Moore was at the top of his game, great presence, charm, grit, and toughness. Great song, "Nobody DOes it better", great villian, and perhaps the best reason....BARBARA BACH!!!!!!!! IMO, the hottest Bond woman EVER!!!!! No doubt in my mind.

I just saw The Spy Who Loved me again recently and its the same for me.The Spy Who Loved Me really is a no brainer for me as well on which is my favorite Bond movie.I also have The Spy Who Loved Me ranked not only as my favorite Roger Moore Bond film,but my favorite Bond film of all time as well.

The reasons being that Moore is my favorite James Bond,the Lotus Sutra is the coolest car in the james bond movies,great opening sequence with the jet ski chase and then him jumping off the cliff to parachute and hearing the song immediately following-Nobody Does It Better.which is my favorite James Bond song,followed closely by FOR YOUR EYES ONLY,Jaws is probably the most dangerous villian he ever faced.such a good villian he got brought back for another flick,and I also agree completely with History Buff in his opinion that this Bond movie is the best of them all because of BARBARA BACH being in it.

I also share his opinion that she is the hottest Bond woman EVER!!!!!! after rewatching this movie again for the first time in ages-and I have seen the other Bond films as well recently,I totally agree with his taste that she is the hottest BOND girl EVER and she has the sweetest voice. that being the case,THE SPY WHO LOVED ME wins as my favorite Bond movie ever,hands down.

Mr Parker
its awesome to see so many people agree with me that The Spy Who Loved Me is their favorite as well. Happy Dance

=Tired Hiker=
I think I liked The Spy Who Loved me the best, but I don't remember why.

Mr Parker
probably because of the same reasons me and history buff have. smile

Jovan
probably because it is the only decent one from him

Mr Parker
No its probably because of all the reasons me and history buff listed. Again the only one thats NOT a great flick is A VIEW TO A KILL.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bakerboy

I sure wish this poster still posted here.He always had really great views and well spoken thought out posts.Like he said,Roger Moore was great as Bond.He brought an added dimension to the series with his sense of humor to the movies series which worked really well.its amazing how we thought so much alike in our views on these movies.I rank mine almost the same exact way he did except just turn around The man with the golden gun and put for your eyes only first before that one cause I love the theme song to it and the beginning with the helicopter scene was classic as well.

My ranking is
1:The Spy Who Loved Me-as I said before, easily the best Bond movie of all the Bond films imo for the reasons me and history buff mentioned.

2:Live and Let Die-Like he said,great way to begin the Moore era,very original to the series.Paul Mccartneys theme song at the beginning makes this a great classic.Its especially a great climax at the end when he is tied to that machine with solitaire and they are being lowered into the water for the shark to munch on and they are playing the music that makes it intense.This one for me is a very close second to The spy who loved me as my favorite Bond flick.great actions scenes and a great boat chase.Probably Bonds best boat chase EVER.

3:For Your Eyes only-Like i said,love the opening the way it begins with Bond riding the helicopter and Blofeld STILL alive flying it by remote control trying to kill him.and the theme song by Sheena Easten comes in a very close second to Nobody Does it better in The Spy Who Loved Me as my favorite Bond song ever.great action scenes as always in Bond films,especially the car chase and the ski chase.those were hilarious scene chases.great flick.

4:The Man With The Golden Gun.
great flick with lots of action as usual.The beginning and ending were great ways to begin the film and to end it as well with Bond cleverly outdoing Chris Lee in the final showdow.Like bakerboy said,Lee was a great villian.this one was really great because you got to see Bond demonstrate his martial arts skills for the first time.

5:MOONRAKER-Like Bakerboy said,this was when the Bond films started getting kinda corny.I rewatched MOONRAKER again recently and I now remember why I enjoyed this film so much and why its not anywhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.The beginning of the film was just awesome with the fight scenes in mid air between Bond and that bad guy fighting for the parachute.that was some amazing filmwork.
great theme song by shirley bassey.even better than I remembered it being.great action scenes as usual,and the boat chase at the end was probably the best next to the one in Live And Let Die.they also played the classic music in that chase from Connerys Thunderball and From Russia With Love so you got to reminence on those films as well.couple corney scenes but in all around great Bond flick.Hot chick as well in this movie which is pretty impressive since she had to compete with Bach-easily the hottest Bond girl ever.

6.Octopussy-Like Bakerboy said,even more cornier than Moonraker.Moonraker only had a couple corny moments,this one had more.still a fun film to watch.was intense watching Bond trying to defuse the bomb and trying to get away from those stupid guards who wouldnt listen to him.This film I love mostly cause of the hot babes in it. big grin I would love to get beat up by those babes that were taking out those bad guys.they made me drool. laughing Like Bakerboy said,Moore had gotten too old for Bond at this point and the humor had gotten more cheesy and was starting to lose its magic at this point.

7.A View To A Kill.Moore was definetely too old for the role at this point and realised that and was smart enough to step down from the role.The only thing that I really liked about this movie was the theme song by Duran Duran.Didnt care for Christopher Walken as a villain.didnt like him at all.Tonya Roberts was the worst Bond girl ever till Halle Berry came along.could never act-which is why she dissapeared from hollywood so suddenly,and Grace Jones as a WOMAN Bond SLEPT with? yecch,gross. sick poorly written movie.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by History Buff

I sure wish this poster was still here.Its so cool to see someone who has the same agreements with me for the REASONS why The Spy Who Loved Me is his favorite.I also agree with him that Barbara Bach is easliy the hottest Bond girl of the Bond movies and she is the main reason this Bond film is my favorite of all Bond films.The only Bond girl that comes close to being as hot as she was is the original Bond girl-Ursula Andress from Dr No.Bach is not only sexy as hell but she also has the nicest and most soothing voice.I saw the spy who loved me again not too long ago and ohh I still cant get the sound of her voice out of my head.

steverules
I'd say I liked the spy who loved me, a great scene was when Bond had the union jack on his parachute

Darth Martin
Of the ones I've seen.

1. For Your Eyes Only
2. Live And Let Die
3. The Spy Who Loved Me
4. The Man With The Golden Gun
5. A View To A Kill

Roger Moore actually plays a great Bond when he's young(LALD/TMWTGG). He just can't fight worth anything.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Of the ones I've seen.

1. For Your Eyes Only
2. Live And Let Die
3. The Spy Who Loved Me
4. The Man With The Golden Gun
5. A View To A Kill

Roger Moore actually plays a great Bond when he's young(LALD/TMWTGG). He just can't fight worth anything.

you must have just rewatched those movies again recently as well right? wink Cause I did and I never realised that until re watching them again recently,how he was quite a bit younger in those two movies than when he did his next Bond movie TSWLM.amazing how he aged in those four years from TMWTGGG to TSWLM. eek!

Darth Martin
you must have just rewatched those movies again recently as well right? wink Cause I did and I never realised that until re watching them again recently,how he was quite a bit younger in those two movies than when he did his next Bond movie TSWLM.amazing how he aged in those four years from TMWTGGG to TSWLM. eek! Yeah right now I'm sort of in a Bond phase so collecting them on dvd and rewatching them alot.

Mr Parker
cool.The Bond movies got me interested in Roger Moore as an actor.I know most people like Connery better.I like Moore just slightly better.The real reason people come down on Moore as Bond is only because he replaced Connery who they loved so much,they'll deny it of course.If he had been the first Bond,he never would have gotten the flak from Bond fans over the years that he got.He really does an outstanding job of delivering his lines as Bond whether people want to admit that or not.They carefully selected the new actor to play him very throughly.They didnt just like draw a name out of a hat from millions or anything like that.Matter of fact,its really only on the net where most people say they like Connery the best where he wins in the polls.People I ask in real life,its pretty much 50/50 and the ones that say they like Connery better,they also say they really liked Moore as well and he is their second favorite.

When your replacing a great like Connery,your going to be careful and very selective on who the next actor that plays him is and if he has the right stuff to play him.But like I was saying,the Bond films is what got me interested in Moore as an actor and I did a google search thinking nothing much else would come up when I typed in "Roger Moores biography" cause he hasnt done near as much film work as Connery.I knew he had done The Saint tv show other than the Bond films, but I thought that was about it.I was surprised though to see that he actually has done LOTS of other stuff in films as well.You just never heard much about him like you did on Connery being in films cause unlike Connery,Moore didnt do much after Bond.However he DID do a lot of other films before being cast as Bond.Like I said,they carefully selected Moore to do Bond.They saw his other stuff and the brillaint work he had done in other films and knew what a good actor he was before making the right decision to cast him to replace Connery for the Bond films once Connery expressed a desire to move on and do other films.

MildPossession
It's Live and Let Die for me, this is my favourite Roger Moore Bond movie, has one of the best Bond themes too and also the music score is fantastic. The boat chase was mentioned, that is indeed one of the highlights of the entire Bond series for me. Wonderful boat chase.

Also contains one of my favourite Bond girls, Solitaire(Diana Ross nearly got the role apparently, ugh). Dr. Kananga was rather good as the villain too, except I could have done without him blowing up into a ball like shape before exploding... oh man and the Crocodiles were fab!!

I also enjoyed For Your Eyes Only, also one of my favourite music scores, especially in the ski scenes. Not fond of the theme though.

I tried to find a video of the ski scene, they have it but the idiot has put a new music score on it, so doesn't have the same effect, ugh.

Mr Parker
Yeah Live and Let Die is great.Thats my second favorite.

Mr Parker
Man the people that voted A View To A Kill as their favorite have got horrible taste In movies.As I said before,its the ONLY Roger Moore Bond film that sucks and doesnt measure up even close to the greatness of the other Moore films.His later Bond films got to be corny-MoonRaker and Octopussy had some corny moments in it but A View To A Kill easily topped them both with much more and unlike those two,it was boring and had a terrible story to it.I say this now because I hadnt seen a lot of these Bond movies till I rewatched them recently and I now understand Why I remember not liking A View To Kill.

Even the opening song sequence was lame.The song by Duran Duran I like,but opening sequence of all those ladies dancing around in the fire was just plain dumb.That set the tone to how stupid and idiotic it was.Plus Roger Moore bedding Grace Jones? yuck,thats just disgusting. sick I now know why I was never in a rush to see it again after seeing this movie when I was a kid.

MildPossession
A View to a Kill has a good musical score though.

Mr Parker
yeah like I said I have always liked The Song -The title song-A View To A Kill By Duran Duran I just didnt like the images on the screen they showed which I ALWAYS loved about the Moore James Bond films.btw,dont bother rewatching Never say never again of the connery bond movies if you decide to rewacth those like i did with all the connery/moore bond films,its the equal horrible of his movies that a view to a kill is with Moore's Bond movies.

MildPossession
I've never bothered with Never Say Never Again, so unofficial like, ugh.

coolmovies
The Spy Who Loved Me is the best floting car

Kazenji
Live and Let Die for me closely followed by The Man With The Golden Gun

I don't think thats the reason why people come down on Moore "he replaced Connery who they loved so much" its because he made the character such as joke

Moore delivering his lines as Bond better then connary laughing laughing

Mr Parker
yeah it sure is why.He was great at delivering his lines.He was amazing the way he delivered them.very great replacement and your putting words in my mouth.I never said he was better than Connery.Just very good as bond and just as good.

Kazenji
And whooooooosh that went right over your head.

Game of Death
"Man the people that voted A View To A Kill as their favorite have got horrible taste In movies.As I said before,its the ONLY Roger Moore Bond film that sucks and doesnt measure up even close to the greatness of the other Moore films"

TMWTGG was great....riiiiiight , at least LALD was better :/

"His later Bond films got to be corny-MoonRaker and Octopussy had some corny moments in it but A View To A Kill easily topped them both with much more and unlike those two,it was boring and had a terrible story to it"

AVTAK was more entertaining than the Brosnans (sans GoldenEye) , at least it was down to earth unlike many other outlandish plots.

The plot in Moonraker wasn't all that great either....don't get me wrong : good eye candy yeah , story wise not so much.

Camden
The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only

Keehar
Octopussy

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Camden
The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only

great choices. thumb up

Mr Parker
so whats you guys favorite Connery Bond movies? there is one of those threads as well you know.

Mr Parker
those ones you listed over there are great choices.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Keehar
Octopussy

saw this one the other day.corny at times but still pretty good.

Spartan005
The spy who loved me

but live and let die was awesome as well

Mr Parker
so Spartan,do you not like the connery Bond movies or something? cause I have never seen you post on Connery Bond thread before.

Daft Ada
Live and Let Die for me. Great setting, great action and a fantastic soundtrack.

Mr Parker
I love Live and Let Die especially the scene where they are lowrinf Moore into the shark water cage and playing the Live and let die theme song.I play that part over and over all the time.

Darth Martin
Moore has a bunch of good ones. TMWTGG is probably his worst film. I just got Octopussy for Christmas.

My fav favorite of his is FYEO.

RussellBrooks
Moonraker was the first Bond movie I ever saw when I was four years old. A View to a Kill was the first time I saw Bond at the cinema. Those are definitely the most memorable ones for me. It's hard for me to choose a favorite from the Roger Moore era. The one I thought was the weakest was For Your Eyes Only, although the teaser with Bond disposing of Blofeld was sweet.

The Power
I would have to say that the finest Roger Moore Bond film was in my opinion The Spy Who Loved Me. It just hit the mark totally.

Mr Parker
Moore has a bunch of good ones. TMWTGG is probably his worst film. I just got Octopussy for Christmas.

My fav favorite of his is FYEO.

No way thats one of his best.His worst would easily be A View To A Kill.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Power
I would have to say that the finest Roger Moore Bond film was in my opinion The Spy Who Loved Me. It just hit the mark totally.

Love your choice..

The Power
No way thats one of his best.His worst would easily be A View To A Kill.

Totally agree with you. AVTAK was an awful film.

ClarkSkywalker
I know it is not a popular choice, but Octopussy has always been my favourite Roger Moore outing.

Zoom
Originally posted by ClarkSkywalker
I know it is not a popular choice, but Octopussy has always been my favourite Roger Moore outing.

It is not an unpopular choice with me as i have always thought it was underrated. Yes the film marks the stage where Moore looks too old for the role, but I still think he did a great job in it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Spartan005
The spy who loved me

but live and let die was awesome as well

I love Spartans choices. thumb up

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Zoom
It is not an unpopular choice with me as i have always thought it was underrated. Yes the film marks the stage where Moore looks too old for the role, but I still think he did a great job in it.

yeah the movie had some corny moments in it like him swinging from a vine and them playing the tarzan yell and him being on that plane and never falling off and crap like that,which is why its one of my least favorite Moore Bond films, but yeah,Moore during the times when the script was serious,he did an extremely good job in his acting then.

Zoom
yeah the movie had some corny moments in it like him swinging from a vine and them playing the tarzan yell and him being on that plane and never falling off and crap like that,which is why its one of my least favorite Moore Bond films, but yeah,Moore during the times when the script was serious,he did an extremely good job in his acting then.

I honestly think it was one of Moore's best performances.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Zoom
I honestly think it was one of Moore's best performances.

I do to.Like I said,when the movie WAS being serious,he excelled in his acting.He was always a very good actor but he got better with age and it showed in this film in the serious moments.

. Hitosu Moriko
(reported)

Mr Parker
wonder who this troll was,this guy went around posting everywhere only that word.lol.

Darth Martin
Octopussy is one of the underrated Bond entries. I think it's Moore's 3rd best behind TSWLM & FYEO.

Bouboumaster
1- The spy who loved me
2- The man with the golden gun
3- A view to a kill (I feel that it is underrated. It's just sad that Moore was like 60 during this time.)

The worst of his and of the entire series is, for sure, Moonraker, hands down. The second worst Bond movie would be Die another day.

The best Bond would be Goldfinger, Golden Eye and Dr. No

gygan
Octopussy .I have seen this film so many time and again i like to watch this kind of films.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1- The spy who loved me
2- The man with the golden gun
3- A view to a kill (I feel that it is underrated. It's just sad that Moore was like 60 during this time.)

The worst of his and of the entire series is, for sure, Moonraker, hands down. The second worst Bond movie would be Die another day.

The best Bond would be Goldfinger, Golden Eye and Dr. No

I gotta say that A View To A Kill is his worst hands down.That Bond movie he didnt even have good squeeze in.Tonya Roberts did not measure up to the beauty of the previous Bond girls and Grace Jones? makee me barf thinking about it when Bond got into bed with HER. sick

ChocolateCake
The Spy Who Loved Me is one of the best Bond movies ever made. The introduction of Jaws, Barbara Bach as the Bond girl and Moore giving one of his best performances. What more could you want.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ChocolateCake
The Spy Who Loved Me is one of the best Bond movies ever made. The introduction of Jaws, Barbara Bach as the Bond girl and Moore giving one of his best performances. What more could you want.

could not have said it better myself. thumb up Roger Moore said that Bond film was the one that he had the most fun making.I think thats the reason most people seem to like this one the most because his energy and excitement on making the film really came through on the screen and rubbed off on moviegoers.

ChocolateCake
could not have said it better myself. thumb up Roger Moore said that Bond film was the one that he had the most fun making.I think thats the reason most people seem to like this one the most because his energy and excitement on making the film really came through on the screen and rubbed off on moviegoers.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

Hatchet
The Man With The Golden Gun just shades this for me. I am not as fanatical as others about Moore but I do believe hre starred in some of the best films. Golden Gun for me is perfect Bond. Christopher Lee is outstanding as the villian and there are two stunning Bond girls. Plus there is also the best stunt in the film series in my opinion.

Darth Martin
The Man With The Golden Gun is far too silly to be the called the best entry from Moore. The only good things coming out of that film was Scaramanga, his lair, the gunbarrel sequence, and the fact that Moore still looked relatively young(the last film he did). With that said......

The Spy Who Loved Me
For Your Eyes Only
Octopussy
Live And Let Die
Moonraker(was good until it took to outer space)
The Man With The Golden Gun
A View To A Kill

Hatchet
The Man With The Golden Gun is far too silly to be the called the best entry from Moore. The only good things coming out of that film was Scaramanga, his lair, the gunbarrel sequence, and the fact that Moore still looked relatively young(the last film he did). With that said......

The Spy Who Loved Me
For Your Eyes Only
Octopussy
Live And Let Die
Moonraker(was good until it took to outer space)
A View To A Kill

The Man with the Golden Gun is one of the only Moore films that does not verge on silly.

Darth Martin
sick

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Hatchet
The Man with the Golden Gun is one of the only Moore films that does not verge on silly.

true.Yeah his first three films The Man With The Golden Gun,Live And Let Die,and The Spy Who Loved Me stayed away from the sillyness that began and continued with MoonRaker.each one getting more sillier than the previous one except for For Your Eyes Only which was more serious than the others that followed TSWLM.

Darth Martin
Are you two serious? The Man With The Golden Gun isn't silly to you?

Sheriff Pepper spring to mind? Nick Nack? The martial arts girls' whooping ass?

Scaramanga is damn good villain. Granted, but that doesn't stop me from saying the film is beyond silly. There are good moments in the film but it isn't one of the better entries.

Actually, overall, all of Moore's films are silly with the possible exception of LALD & FYEO(why it's one of my favorites; Moore in a serious spy thriller).

ChocolateCake
I wouldn't say that TMWTGG is a silly entry in the series, but it is not one of the best. Scaramanga is probably the best thing about the film.

Darth Martin
Scaramanga is by far the best thing about the film. He's a great villain. The film had potential to be great, but it was handled really, really badly. It's a silly entry in the series but I don't think it is Moore's worst. Don't get me wrong, initially TMWTGG was one of my favorites, and I do enjoy a number of scenes in it. Everything involving or revolving around Scaramanga is great.........its the other stuff and subplots that are terrible.

Mr Parker

Scaramanga is damn good villain. Granted, but that doesn't stop me from saying the film is beyond silly. There are good moments in the film but it isn't one of the better entries.

Actually, overall, all of Moore's films are silly with the possible exception of LALD & FYEO(why it's one of my favorites; Moore in a serious spy thriller).

oh yeah thats right.Its just the ending of the film is really serious that I forgot about those moments and yeah LALD and FYEO started away from the silliness I would say.

Darth Martin
The ending that involves Nick Nack throwing champagne glasses at Bond? I get your point. The duel was intense but still......

Mr Parker
I wouldn't say that TMWTGG is a silly entry in the series, but it is not one of the best. Scaramanga is probably the best thing about the film.

yeah he really made the film fun to watch.

Hatchet

Sheriff Pepper added some nice comic touches to the film. I cannot believe that you have said FYEO is a good film. It is one of the worst enteries in the franchise.

Darth Martin
Sheriff Pepper is one of the worst characters in the series. What's worse is that he managed to appear in two entries.

FYEO is a very good Bond film(not great). It is Moore's most serious spy thriller, has a good villain in Kristatos, a great ski chase, a nice car chase, and a good PTS sequence. I enjoy it.

Mr Parker
Sheriff Pepper added some nice comic touches to the film. I cannot believe that you have said FYEO is a good film. It is one of the worst enteries in the franchise.

errr no its not.Darth Martin just answered WHY its one of the best.

Hatchet
Sheriff Pepper is one of the worst characters in the series. What's worse is that he managed to appear in two entries.

FYEO is a very good Bond film(not great). It is Moore's most serious spy thriller, has a good villain in Kristatos, a great ski chase, a nice car chase, and a good PTS sequence. I enjoy it.

While I agree that the PTS is one of the best in the franchise as it is a nice nod to Bond's history the rest of the film is just a complete mess. The main villain is useless and the climax is dreadful.

errr no its not.Darth Martin just answered WHY its one of the best.

FYEO is pretty much universally condemned.

ChocolateCake

I adore the pre title sequence in FYEO. Whenever we see a glimpse of Bond acting like a normal human being I think it enhances the character.

Mr Parker
I adore the pre title sequence in FYEO. Whenever we see a glimpse of Bond acting like a normal human being I think it enhances the character.

the opening sequence to the film with the helicopter I think is probably the best in the Bond films with one of the two or three best entrys of the Moore Bond movie.

Darth Martin
While I agree that the PTS is one of the best in the franchise as it is a nice nod to Bond's history the rest of the film is just a complete mess. The main villain is useless and the climax is dreadful. Won't argue as I can see your point. But after TSWLM and OP, it's clearly the best Moore outing for me.

FYEO is pretty much universally condemned. Universally as in the general public? As in the people who can't name half of the films(or even know they exist)? The people who consider George Lazenby a mere "trivia question". Wouldn't OHMSS fall under the phrase "univerally condemned"? Yeah, I don't give a shit what the general public says.

I adore the pre title sequence in FYEO. Whenever we see a glimpse of Bond acting like a normal human being I think it enhances the character. It's not one of my favorites but it is good. I agree, Moore played the graveyard scene very well IMO.

the opening sequence to the film with the helicopter I think is probably the best in the Bond films with one of the two or three best entrys of the Moore Bond movie. Good? Yes. The best? No.

Hatchet
Universally condemned is a turn of phrase. If you are going to have these conversations have the sense to think first.
I have never met a fan of the Bond franchise who likes FYEO. Like I said it is universally condemned.

Darth Martin
Well, I haven't had the luxury of meeting many Bond fans, period, in person that is. I mainly converse with you fellow posters here and at this site; check it out:
http://debrief.commanderbond.net/

There are fans of everything Bond-related on there.

Alpha-7
Universally condemned is a turn of phrase. If you are going to have these conversations have the sense to think first.
I have never met a fan of the Bond franchise who likes FYEO. Like I said it is universally condemned.

While you are right that most fans of the Bond films do not like FYEO too much there is no need to be so aggressive about it.

Hatchet
Won't argue as I can see your point. But after TSWLM and OP, it's clearly the best Moore outing for me.

Universally as in the general public? As in the people who can't name half of the films(or even know they exist)? The people who consider George Lazenby a mere "trivia question". Wouldn't OHMSS fall under the phrase "univerally condemned "? Yeah, I don't give a shit what the general public says.

OHMSS is regarded by most real Bond fans to be one of the best ever made so it would clearly not fall under the phrase universally condemned.

Darth Martin
That may be true when it comes to Bond fans such ourselves. But to the general public which is what I think would be accounted for when you say universally it is very much known as that one outcast of the series and Lazenby as a mere trivia question. Ignorance, I know but that is the way it is unfortunately.

Hatchet
That may be true when it comes to Bond fans such ourselves. But to the general public which is what I think would be accounted for when you say universally it is very much known as that one outcast of the series and Lazenby as a mere trivia question. Ignorance, I know but that is the way it is unfortunately.

You again misunderstand a simple turn of phrase. What those who are not real Bond fans think of Lazenby does not matter.

Zoom
FYEO is not a great Bond film. It is however not the worst. It has some good moments including the PTS. But the threat levels in the film were quite poor.

Mr Parker
bump.

Darth Martin
No need to bump this man. We've all given are opinions on the Moore rankings. We're not all going to agree on FYEO it seems.

Mr Parker
the only reason I bump it is to keep it lined up together with the connery Bond movies.lol.wish people wouldnt keep them seperate like they been doing and keep the threads together.

ADarksideJedi
Live And Let Die is my favorite!

Mr Parker
oh great choice,yeah I love that one as well.

Sgt.Shakedown
I have always been partial to The Spy Who Loved Me. I like the plot and I like the cast.

Doc Blake
It would be a toss up between The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only.

Mr Parker
Good choices there. thumb up

Mr Parker
cant have this thread separated from the connery thread.

Darth Orcus
Originally posted by Doc Blake
It would be a toss up between The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only.

Yes, these two are far superior to all the other Roger Moore outings; in fact, it's hard to believe that they belong in the same franchise.

I must admit I'm hard pushed to choose between them but, if need be, For Your Eyes Only gets my vote over the distasteful "target practice" ending of Stromberg in the former...

Bric A Brac
The Spy Who Loved Me

Mr Parker
Love your choice,mine as well. Happy Dance

Mr Parker
cant have this thread separated from the connery thread.

why im bumping it again.

Bouboumaster
The spy who loved me all the way

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The spy who loved me all the way

yeah baby.

DarkNemesis
The Spy Who Loved Me, easily. I really enjoyed The Man With The Golden Gun too.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
The Spy Who Loved Me, easily. I really enjoyed The Man With The Golden Gun too.

yeah Spy is EASILY mine as well. Happy Dance

DopamineDarling

Drew72
I can remember staying up half the night watching five of these right in a row.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DopamineDarling

thats one of my faves.scaramega was the best villain.

SimonJones
my favorite of roger moore was A Spy who loved me.
_________
Disney World Tickets |
Sea World Tickets

HeavySet
Live and Let Die. For me it set the tone for the Moore era perfectly.

Blanket
I am a huge fan of The Spy who Loved Me. It had all the hallmarks of a proper Bond film and it introduced Jaws who was a fun character.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by HeavySet
Live and Let Die. For me it set the tone for the Moore era perfectly.

Yeah it sure did.It was probably the most serious Moore Bond film.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Blanket
I am a huge fan of The Spy who Loved Me. It had all the hallmarks of a proper Bond film and it introduced Jaws who was a fun character.

thumb up rock rock rock

The Man With The Golden Gun is a classic Bond film. Moore is on top form and Christopher Lee does a great job as the movie's villain.

queeq
Live and Let Die is definately the most boring Bond movie ever. I think I'd go for For Your Eyes Only, the one movie where Roger does a bit more acting than just raising his eye brows.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by queeq
Live and Let Die is definately the most boring Bond movie ever. I think I'd go for For Your Eyes Only, the one movie where Roger does a bit more acting than just raising his eye brows.

most ever? seriously? That film was one of the most exciting I thought of the Moore Bond films for instance,the classic scene where he is left out in the middle of the pond with alligaters and he has to jump over their backs to get back to shore is a legenday classic in hollywood.

so classic and legendary was it that even the producers of the 90's cartoons copied off it in one of their episodes where Spidey does the same thing rescuing his pal and friend from some alligater in a zoo. big grin

Plus you cant help but laugh over the part where Bond puts that helium gadget in the mouth of the bad guy and just like a helium ballon gets big and explodes. laughing Like that earlier poster said,it really set the tone for the future Bond films and the Moore era.

Most Bond fans like Connery the best between him and Moore but I always liked Moore the best because he brought an added dimension to it with his charm,wit and sarcastic remarks.Although I really love connery as well. lIke that earlier poster said,Live and Let Die really set the tone for the Moore Bond era with those comedic scenes .

Not to mention it was really exciting at the end watching him cut through the rope with his watch while at the same time gettign to listen to the awesome theme song of the beatles Live and Let Die.the theme song music in that scene just toally makes that scene. Happy Dance

For most boring ever,i would go with on his majestys secret service easily.very little action in it and practically all diologue.Boring as hell.

For the moore films? A view to a kill wins that one easily over Live and Let Die. a shameful way for Moore to exit the Bond franchise.

nickisanerd
i despise roger moore but here is my ranking
1. The Spy Who Loved Me- the only good Roger Moore bond film, Jaws is awesome and badass and it's pretty cool. (9/10)
2. For Your Eyes Only- if the whole movie stayed at the same quality as the first hour, i would consider it okay. The first hour is decent but it then gets so boring (4/10)
3. Live and Let Die (3/10)- yeah just so stupid and bad
4. Moonraker (3/10)- really damn boring
5. A View to a Kill (2/10)- so stupid, mayday is horrible and yeah
6. The Man with the Golden Gun- Lee is great but the only stand-out in the movie (1/10)
7. Octopussy- stupid, dumb and one of the worst movies ever made (0/10)

Steve Zodiac
Live and Let Die
The man with the Golden Gun

John Murdoch
The Spy Who Loved Me, it's one of the best Bond movies, period:
- The best theme song
- The best henchman
- Close-enough to Blofeld villain with accompanying over-the-top world takeover plot
- One of the best Bond girls in XXX
- Moore actually showing some hurt when XXX confronts him about Tracy's murder
- Three of the most iconic Bond scenes: 1) when he drops the henchman off a roof via tie knock-away after a fight (homage paid to it in Quantum of Solace); 2) the on-foot cat-and-mouse chase at the Pyramids at nighttime; 3) the nuclear bomb disarming, during which Moore can't touch the sides of the bomb's housing cylinder.

Great film.

John Murdoch
^Forgot about one of the most iconic Bond cars: the Lotus Esprit S1 and its submarine transformation scene. Great as well.

SunRazer
The Spy Who Loved Me is the best Moore film, yeah. It's in the pantheon of greats along with From Russia With Love, Casino Royale, On Her Majesty's Secret Service etc. I actually consider it better than Goldfinger.

That said, I think For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy are also very good and come close. A View To A Kill is underrated and decent as well but the other three are mediocre at best.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by nickisanerd
i despise roger moore but here is my ranking
1. The Spy Who Loved Me- the only good Roger Moore bond film, Jaws is awesome and badass and it's pretty cool. (9/10)
2. For Your Eyes Only- if the whole movie stayed at the same quality as the first hour, i would consider it okay. The first hour is decent but it then gets so boring (4/10)
3. Live and Let Die (3/10)- yeah just so stupid and bad
4. Moonraker (3/10)- really damn boring
5. A View to a Kill (2/10)- so stupid, mayday is horrible and yeah
6. The Man with the Golden Gun- Lee is great but the only stand-out in the movie (1/10)
7. Octopussy- stupid, dumb and one of the worst movies ever made (0/10)

uh then dont post. roll eyes (sarcastic)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>