what if the PT came first?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
what if, in 1977, qui gon and obi wan went to naboo and were confronted by darth maul. what if that didn't happen. What do you think star wars would be like if the PT came first. what would change?

Veneficus
I would murder GL in his sleep.

starwarsrules14
I watched the PT first, I have a whole different perspective on the whole saga together...dunno if that is good or bad.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Veneficus
I would murder GL in his sleep. you wouldn't know there is an OT until 1999.

Se7in
It would be way different. The PT duels would suck, bad. The Clone Wars would be a bunch of hippies and cardboard box AT-TE's fighting. Jar Jar would be some bum in a rubber suit. Yoda would be a puppet on a string being thrown around at high speeds. Luke and Vader would have the most rockinest duel ever in ROTJ.

calvin44
Originally posted by Se7in
It would be way different. The PT duels would suck, bad. The Clone Wars would be a bunch of hippies and cardboard box AT-TE's fighting. Jar Jar would be some bum in a rubber suit. Yoda would be a puppet on a string being thrown around at high speeds. Luke and Vader would have the most rockinest duel ever in ROTJ. [/QUO1

1. jar jar IS a bum in a rubber suit

Ianus
Yeah, a Carribean bum at that.

calvin44
nicely put ianus.

Great Vengeance
If the PT came first I would think Star Wars sucks. Then the OT would come out(with better fight scenes) and I would be totally blown away.

Veneficus
Now when I think about it...the PT would come out before I was born if we are running this scenario.

The Ones
I already made a thread on this ages ago

Ushgarak
The first half of TPM woukld be entirely different, as it would have to explain the nature of Jedi, Lightsabres and the Force, which was originally done in ANH.

The fact that TPM doesn't explain the Force, yet has people using these powers, is actually the biggest problem that stops an SW virgin watching them 1-6. It's something we don't actually think about as fans but an important point; the PT was made with the fact the OT existed already in mind.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by Darth Avis
what if, in 1977, qui gon and obi wan went to naboo and were confronted by darth maul. what if that didn't happen. What do you think star wars would be like if the PT came first. what would change? All the cool aliens would just be humans and so not to spoil TESB ending, erm, maybe Ani had a brother?

overlord
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The first half of TPM woukld be entirely different, as it would have to explain the nature of Jedi, Lightsabres and the Force, which was originally done in ANH.

The fact that TPM doesn't explain the Force, yet has people using these powers, is actually the biggest problem that stops an SW virgin watching them 1-6. It's something we don't actually think about as fans but an important point; the PT was made with the fact the OT existed already in mind. Exactly. And that is why the PT has been rushed.
And why it could have been much better.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by overlord
Exactly. And that is why the PT has been rushed.
And why it could have been much better. agreed.

calvin44
i personally like the pt.

exanda kane
It would mean that Lucas would still be a poor man...

xyz jedi
exanda kane, I don't get your sig?

calvin44
what isnt there to get about it

xyz jedi
How could DV say DM is rubbish? They don't know eachother?

Shadow x 20
I doubt they would show Anakin's transformation into Vader or have Yoda fighting at all. The ROTS would end with Anakin at the lava and Padme dieing. You would never see Anakin being suited or Sidious naming Anakin, Darth Vader to keep the suprise of the ESB. I guess. The PT and OT would be completely different.

exanda kane
It was David Prowse you fool! He said it on Xfm (london radio station) about last year, rubbishing the PT (he has a point).

And as David Prowse was technically Darth Vader (or one half arguably) it works. He said Darth Maul was rubbish. Darth Maul is/was rubbish. Deal with it.

Shadow x 20
Darth Maul wouldn't be as cool but maybe Jar Jar wouldn't be in the PT

overlord
Originally posted by xyz jedi
exanda kane, I don't get your sig? It's a damn good sig. It's a mocking of fanboys as Maul is the original idol.

calvin44
maul, looks cool and all, but is still a descent sith, just beacause he was killed by obi wan doesnt mean he sucks whistle

exanda kane
No thats not the reason. He has little character and the character he does have is dull and boring. He lacks emotional depth and complication much like Greivous.

He is pretty much just eye candy, like most of TPM.

overlord
Ah.. I thought he was somewhat menacing and interesting.
But the Maul fans I just don't like. And they probably don't appreciate the sig wich is a good thing.

calvin44
yessiree

exanda kane
Yes. A certain Jackstain a about 8 months back (havnt got a clue if hes still around, hopefully got banished) was the ture Maul fanboy. This was my weapon against him xD

calvin44
maul is cool, but im not a fan.

exanda kane
He is cool. He's supposed to be cool. But being cool doesnt neccesarily mean a good character.

calvin44
yep. if he wasnt supposed to be cool his face paint would be yellow and blue, or something to that effect.

exanda kane
Hmm. maybe. It's more the horns and the double bladed lightsaber really. Trying to create an interesting villain yet purely making the interesting parts physical.

I mean look at the Zabrak in the ANH cantina scene (I'm sure its a zabrak...) and look at Maul.

calvin44
i dont understand.

exanda kane
Well in the OT Darth Vader had a great presence. The breathing, the suit, the voice...

In TPM Darth Maul is supposed to be one of the villains yet he lacks the presence of Vader. Of course, he is not meant to be as good and cool as Vader etc. but still he is not that interesting, even with a double bladed lightsaber.

As as his was the first in a Star Wars film it like Lucasfilm couldnt think of anything to kmake his character interesting so they just gave him a cheap piece of flashy euipment, like his starfighter and his swoopbike.

calvin44
well, they prolly didnt wanna go into depth because hes only in 1 movie.

exanda kane
Look at Dooku? He barely gets more screentime than Maul and yet he is incredibly interesting...

calvin44
well, that is also due to the books, and he was a past jedi master, that explains most of it.

exanda kane
No. Even without the books Dooku remains an interesting character. A gentlemanly dark lord of the sith? how charming. Although lucasfilm did try a kind of 'Maul' thing with his saber erm

calvin44
i agree.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by exanda kane
I mean look at the Zabrak in the ANH cantina scene (I'm sure its a zabrak...) and look at Maul.

That was actually "The Butcher of Montellian Serat", Kardue'Sai'Malloc. He's tha fool in my avatar. He only appeared in ANH for about 3 seconds, but EU made him out to be a real bad-ass: alcoholic, music officianado, and had a 5 million credit bounty on his head, my kinda thug. And he was a Devaronian, the Zabraki werent created until the PT.

I think the perfect follow-up question to this thread would be "Who would play Anakin back in '77?" Hopefully it would be some one a little cooler and not-so-femminent, like that skinny little b*tch who cried all tha time.

exanda kane
A Devronian? I remember then looking a little less scaly. Hmm well i said 'I think'...

calvin44
maul is a zabrak from irridonia. thats all there is too it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.