My King Kong review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Great Vengeance
I picked it up at blockbuster a few days ago and I just beat it. I had to play the xbox the version due to the fact I get X360 on christmas. My review overall is that I was very impressed, even on the xbox version the game had excellent visuals. The sound is top-notch, they make good use of random noises that you would hear when an animal is approaching you, as well as excellent accelerated breathing effects. The presentation really immerses you into the game, there is no HUD at all and therefore nothing to distract you from the experience. The actual gameplay is very engaging and fun, you have alot of interaction with the enviroment and can use it to your advantage when fighting the dinosaur hordes.

It can get repetitive as you keep playing because there are too many worm and giant bat fights, but the great moments of this game like seeing kong for the first time more than make up for it. The best parts of the game are the T-rex sequences, its hard to explain what they feel like..Simply said, you probably havent felt the kind of emotions in a video game before that you will experience here. The parts where you actually play as Kong are simple action sequences that lack any kind of real depth but are satisfying enough and give a break from the intense human sequences. Overall this game is definately worth your time, one of the best shooters Ive played for the xbox. My biggest problem is the length, it took me about 8 hours to complete and I took my time with the game. Due to the lack of replay value buying it might not be the best choice, but if your not buying it definately give it a rent like I did.

powerfulone1987
You say you're getting one for christmas.
Does that mean you have one but not receiving it/opening until christmas, or you have yet to get one?
And if you don't have one yet, do you know when the next shipment is coming in since you're getting one for christmas.

is it comprehensible.....

Ultimate Hulk43
The next shipment comes after January.

Lana
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377578&highlight=king+kong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.