why do people think mace is stronger than Yoda?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
Yoda is way better by lightsaber and force. So why do people think Mace is better? Is it that purple lightsaber? Or SS shit?

mad2

calvin44
i have never heard of people saying hes better than yoda, he is his old apprentice though

xyz jedi
's he?

calvin44
yes

exanda kane
Hmm. I, yet again, cannot be arsed to say everything, but they are pretty much equal when it comes to both dueling and force powers (ok so Yoda beats him at force powers, although Mace resists the dark side etc. meh).

Captain REX
Mace resists the Dark Side? Erm, so does Yoda, then?

Mace Windu is a skilled swordsman, though I'd suppose that Yoda is just a tiny bit better.

It makes more sense if you go with the 'Palpatine let Mace win' theory, which seems to be disproven by GL.

Master Naresh
u've been reading SS, aren't u?

exanda kane
Yes but Yoda does not use Vapaad. Mace does and Vapaad leads you very close to the darkside and yet Mace is able to stay 100% light as it is. He's developed lots of ways to keep on light, READ shatterpoint and whatnot and its all around there and other Mace novels...

calvin44
o, by the way, happy birthday naresh

Master Naresh
thanks

Captain REX
Vaapad is stupid, that's all I have to say. It's basically just an excuse for Mace to be a) a great swordsman and b) seem like he's a really great Jedi just because he resists the Dark Side.

ALL Jedi resist the Dark Side.

Vaapad became an excuse to make people fall to the Dark Side, but you can fall to the Dark Side through extreme violence with any form...

calvin44
i agree, vapaad is hardly a force power/technique

exanda kane
Just as much as an excuse for falling to the dark side as love perhaps?

There are some character who do not seem to have the same emotional liberation as others such as Mace who need to have be tempted by the dark side. And despite your personal opinions on Vapaad it is canon, maybe not as much as the movies, but then the PT sucked like your mother.

And, as i cant be arsed to lookj at the reader of the SS aasumption, I should let you know I am founder of the 'Taking Sh*t From Noobs' society. We meet everyweek at your mums house, and divulge weekly SS assumptions...

overlord
I thought vaapad was a fun technique and Mace was certainly an amazing character. But nothing was better than his death. evil face

But Yoda is still the top jedi although I hate to say it.

Captain REX
Vaapad is no where near the excuse of falling out of love. With love came a bunch of other emotions; fear that the love would end, anger when it does end, anger elevating to hatred, and so on.

Vaapad, as well as any other form, would only cause you to fall if you did something out of anger.

Watch the language, Kane.

calvin44
who has been reading ss? leave that ss crap where it belongs(dumpster)

Captain REX
What is with you and saying someone's been reading SS? If you actually read SS, you'd know what is on there that is bullshit.

Master Naresh
u can't say the bad word for poop?

calvin44
there are always those party poopers that report to mods..

exanda kane
what are you all on about? your WAY to confusing, even for n00bs... Could you please give interference into the thread instead of throwing accusations around please?

calvin44
Originally posted by Captain REX
What is with you and saying someone's been reading SS? If you actually read SS, you'd know what is on there that is bullshit.

rephrase that, it sound offensive

exanda kane
Oh no. I am offended. *drops dead from shock of the blunt and offensive lexis*

calvin44
no. seriously. rephrase it.

exanda kane
Originally posted by exanda kane
Oh no. I am offended. *drops dead from shock of the blunt and offensive lexis*

calvin44
lol.

Captain REX
Originally posted by calvin44
rephrase that, it sound offensive

It could be meant to be a little offensive, you know...

Let me break it down.

You keep saying that whatever I say came from Supershadow. I am saying that that is impossible, and that if you read what is on SS, you would know that what I am saying is not on that website, and that the stuff on SS is bullshit, which is what I am NOT posting.

Tada.

Got it?

Meanwhile, my personal opinion on Vaapad stands.

calvin44
so does mine young padawan, so does mine.

Ianus
He's a moderator, you know.

Captain REX
You agreed with me, after all. wink

calvin44
i know.

xyz jedi
So no-one thinks Mace is more powerful?

exanda kane
Still powerful is a vague term. Yoda is 900 years old or so. Mace is apparently 50-something and they are virtually at the same level. Iuno. I've lost the will to show people that there isnt much of a difference between them both...

InsaneNoodlyGuy
From what I observed, Yoda is more powerful in the force itself. If Mace Windu and Yoda got into a Tk shoving match, Yoda wins.

Mace, by virute of his body type and skill, is better as an actual swordsman, then both Sideous and Yoda (though I've argued against it before, I"ve since resigned myself to believe that Mace won. I do think Palpatine let himself get blasted in the face afterwards though). So mace could probably beat Yoda in a out and out sabre fight, but in a antyhing goes fight, like what Yoda and Sideous got into I belive Yoda would win. Of course it's all hypothetical, but I would say in swordplay Mace is better then yoda.

exanda kane
Originally posted by InsaneNoodlyGuy
From what I observed, Yoda is more powerful in the force itself. If Mace Windu and Yoda got into a Tk shoving match, Yoda wins.

Mace, by virute of his body type and skill, is better as an actual swordsman, then both Sideous and Yoda (though I've argued against it before, I"ve since resigned myself to believe that Mace won. I do think Palpatine let himself get blasted in the face afterwards though). So mace could probably beat Yoda in a out and out sabre fight, but in a antyhing goes fight, like what Yoda and Sideous got into I belive Yoda would win. Of course it's all hypothetical, but I would say in swordplay Mace is better then yoda.

agreed.

calvin44
Originally posted by InsaneNoodlyGuy

yoda puts more emphasis on the force itself, while mace puts more emphasis into the character/skill of the user.
i agree with what you said.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by exanda kane
Still powerful is a vague term. Yoda is 900 years old or so. Mace is apparently 50-something and they are virtually at the same level. Iuno. I've lost the will to show people that there isnt much of a difference between them both... did Yoda die at 900?

exanda kane
Something like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.