Batman vs Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fanboy
Batman gets 18 days of prep time.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Fanboy
Batman gets 18 days of prep time.
He'll need it.

tiakocom
Originally posted by who?-kid
He'll need it.

not another batman vs spiderman thread

Arahan
Please close this thread, we have already a SM vs BM thread.

Creshosk
This one has different stipulations to the previous thread.

DrDoom101
Batman accidentally murders him. He normally doesnt kill ppl but with 18 days, he would murder spiderman on accident

Batman with 1-10 days of prep: Peter loses
Batman with 11-15 days of prep: Peter ends up in hospital
Batman with 16-18 days of prep: Peter ends up in the graveyard

MuffinmanMike
How? What can Batman do?

Trick the Spider-sense? Fine. Let's look at all the villains willing to help Batman. Zero.
Webproof armor? Spider-man has been known to constrict his webbing rather than stick with it. And Batman is NOT strong enough to break out.
Gasses? Spidey wears filters.
Spideys weakness? Bats won't kill an innocent, and lying about hurting MJ would just give Batman no help.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
How? What can Batman do?

Trick the Spider-sense? Fine. Let's look at all the villains willing to help Batman. Zero.
Webproof armor? Spider-man has been known to constrict his webbing rather than stick with it. And Batman is NOT strong enough to break out.
Spideys weakness? Bats won't kill an innocent, and lying about hurting MJ would just give Batman no help.

Batman with prep beats up Superman and Flash wink So the crawling spider is no prob. Well Bats don't need prep really just before he gets to the match just tell him he is fighting that spidey thing and he will go no prob.

Thi is the man that beat up a muateted killer croc and a clayface.

King KAM
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
How? What can Batman do?

Batman will find out WHO Spiderman is, and then lace his house with c-4, and when he sleeps blow him up....

spetznaz
With EIGHTEEN DAYS Bruce can definitely bring down Parker.
now, if they bumped into each other, with neither knowing what the other is capable of, then Spiderman should win everytime (as should most TRULY super-powered characters).
However give Bats prep (especially over 2 weeks of it) and he can definitely come up with something to down Spiderman.
If he can come up with stratagems to take down members of the JLA (several of them who are powerful enough to make Spiderman look like a ....well ....a mere spider) he can definitely come up with something to down Parker.
And yes ....I know Spiderman has a 'spider sense.'

With the given stipulations Batman wins.

who?-kid
Originally posted by spetznaz
With the given stipulations Batman wins.
How ? Give me a realistic scenario how Batman will defeat Spider-Man. Not a "he'll find something but don't ask me what scenario".

spetznaz
How ? Give me a realistic scenario how Batman will defeat Spider-Man. Not a "he'll find something but don't ask me what scenario".

LOL ...you do not want a "he'll find something but don't ask me what scenario". Unlike most posters in this forum I always back up my stuff (if you want someone who will back down, or give you insufficient responses, dial 1-800-Wolverine-8888).
Well, I will try and accomodate you, and actually provide more than one way to defeat Spiderman.

They could have Batman using some sort of tuning resonance that affects Spiderman's inner ear (through sub-sonic vibrations), which cause Spiderman's sense of balance to be severely affected (due to loss of equilibrium through effects on the hair pilli in his inner ear), and thus disoriented with disequillibrium and vertigo, PLUS negating the help of his spider-sense. Thus Spiderman would not only lose his balance but not be able to efficiently utilize his spider-sense, making him easy prey for a secondary attack.
What type of secondary attack. Well, Deathstroke once used an explosive array that was scattered in a wide area quite efficiently. While Batman doesn't kill, he does know that Spidey is robust enough to be roughed up by weak explosives without killing him (eg let's say blasting caps with just a very thin ring of semtex/C4).
And what do we have .....an unconscious Spiderman.

Oh, but I'm almost certain that you will say that is not 'realistic enough.' After all, what in goodness name is tuning resonance?
Well, for one check out Darpa (google it). DARpa is the United States Defence Advanced Research Agency (DARPA comes from that), and their motto is to invent and prepare things for the 'next war.' All they do is plan for the future to ensure that the US always maintains the upper edge.
And guess what .....one of the things they have been developing is a sonic weapon that affects the inner ear, causing disorientation /vomiting / vertigo / and the inability to continue fighting, without killing an enemy.
This is in the real world.
Imagine what could be done in comics?

The only thing is how 'realistic' do you want it to be? After all this are comic book characters, and MOREOVER significant PIS/CIS inanity occurs.
For example (using Spiderman) he once totally thrashed SUPERMAN .....something that should be impossible in every way imaginable (Superman is beyond Spidey in every way). Yet Spiderman was beating Kal-El like a rag-doll.
How?
Well, in the cross-over they said Superman was suffering from the effects of a 'red-ray' radiation shot, and thus was extremely weak.
Hence Spiderman mopped the floor with Superman.

Is that 'realistic?'
No it is not ....it is actually absolutely ludicrous.
HOWEVER, if Marvel can come up with such a thing, and DC can allow one of their premier characters to be treated by someone on Spiderman's level (the same thing also happened between Venom and Superman), whereby a character that should squish Spiderman (even with his much vaunted ...scoff scoff ....'spidersense) into the cement in less than 5 seconds, then ANYTHING is possible.

For instance Marvel had Captain America (yep, Billy boy) beat up Thor.
You read that right .....Cap thrashed Thor and started bashing at him (Thor laying on the ground and Cap standing over him) with his shield!
Once again pure nonsense .....but the thing is if the writer/inker/penciler come up with it and put it on paper ....well, what is someone to do?

Or take the Lobo versus Wolverine thing where Wolverine won. Totally insane (and impossible), but it happened because the fans voted for it. Same with between Storm and Wonder Woman (Storm ...erm ....'won').
Insane and inane.

Now, back to Batman versus Spiderman.
Batman is written as a master of stratagem. He has plans that have been used to bring down the JLA (with members that have powers that make Spiderman seem like a bumbling fool). That is Batman's main strength ....the ability to prepare and plan tactics and strategies that allow him to accomplish tasks that should be impossible.
For example in No Man's Land he told Superman he did not need any help since he had plans to bring Gotham back in order, and that each of those plans had 5 backup plans, and each of the backup plans had 5 others.
Thus Bat's 'power' is his mind.

This thread gave him 18 days, where he can prepare against Spiderman.
Come on ....that is like preparing a test for a genius, and then telling him 18 days before the test exactly what is coming so he can prepare himself for it.

But hey ....you want a 'realistic scenario.'
Check the one I put at the beginning.
And if that is not enough ....hey ...here are some more (which are totally ridiculous, but have been used in comics to defeat characters like Galactus and Superman ....cases that should have been impossible).

Hmmmm, let's see ....a realistic scenario in comics (where Marvel characters like Mr Fantastic defeat a consumer of worlds like Galactus by coming up with a 'nullifier gun' ....LOL). Hmmm, maybe DC can try to match Marvel's stunts and have Batman make a 'anti-spiderman' gun.
Too silly? It worked for Spiderman when he was ....erm ...'beating' Superman.
Well, this is comics. The penciller could even have Spiderman slipping on a banana peel, and if it makes it on paper so it is.
He can draw Spiderman getting a severe case of the hiccups due to 'strobe effect inducer' Batman had in his left boot, and the hiccups make Spiderman accidentally discharge globs of webbing on himself.

brainchild81
Originally posted by King KAM
Batman will find out WHO Spiderman is, and then lace his house with c-4, and when he sleeps blow him up.... Wouldn't work. Spidey sense warns him about explosions. He's a good bomb technician. See the link in my sig. See all of them.

golem370
I see Batman walks up to Spider-Man and before Batman can move Spider-Man raps Batman in Webbing and hurls Batman half a mile down the road.

snoopdogg
Batman is dangerous with prep similar to Dr. Doom. He is even dangersous without prep.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/BatmanandScorpion.jpg

xmarksthespot
Oh, but I'm almost certain that you will say that is not 'realistic enough.' After all, what in goodness name is tuning resonance?
Well, for one check out Darpa (google it). DARpa is the United States Defence Advanced Research Agency (DARPA comes from that), and their motto is to invent and prepare things for the 'next war.' All they do is plan for the future to ensure that the US always maintains the upper edge.
And guess what .....one of the things they have been developing is a sonic weapon that affects the inner ear, causing disorientation /vomiting / vertigo / and the inability to continue fighting, without killing an enemy.
Imagine what could be done in comics?Valerie Cooper has access to DARPA technology, she should have taken out Spider-Man years ago...

tiakocom
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Batman is dangerous with prep similar to Dr. Doom. He is even dangersous without prep.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/BatmanandScorpion.jpg

batman is dangerous with prep i agree but he has nothin on doom, not even worth comparin the 2. doom is an another level

X-Logan
Batman wins.One day is enough.

golem370
Batman would only be as good as Doom if he had the strength and powers and he doesn't

gladiator69
uh spiderman of course. batman doesnt have any powers or nothing like that and spiderman is much faster. and spiderman takes care of things on his own he doesnt need a partner to back him up.

Black Rob
With 18 days he'll probably just have some sort of seeker missile so he'd win

who?-kid
They could have Batman using some sort of tuning resonance that affects Spiderman's inner ear (through sub-sonic vibrations), which cause Spiderman's sense of balance to be severely affected (due to loss of equilibrium through effects on the hair pilli in his inner ear), and thus disoriented with disequillibrium and vertigo, PLUS negating the help of his spider-sense. Thus Spiderman would not only lose his balance but not be able to efficiently utilize his spider-sense, making him easy prey for a secondary attack.

What type of secondary attack. Well, Deathstroke once used an explosive array that was scattered in a wide area quite efficiently. While Batman doesn't kill, he does know that Spidey is robust enough to be roughed up by weak explosives without killing him (eg let's say blasting caps with just a very thin ring of semtex/C4).
And what do we have .....an unconscious Spiderman.

Imagine what could be done in comics?

The only thing is how 'realistic' do you want it to be? After all this are comic book characters, and MOREOVER significant PIS/CIS inanity occurs.
For example (using Spiderman) he once totally thrashed SUPERMAN .....something that should be impossible in every way imaginable (Superman is beyond Spidey in every way). Yet Spiderman was beating Kal-El like a rag-doll.
How?
Well, in the cross-over they said Superman was suffering from the effects of a 'red-ray' radiation shot, and thus was extremely weak.
Hence Spiderman mopped the floor with Superman.

Is that 'realistic?'
No it is not ....it is actually absolutely ludicrous.
HOWEVER, if Marvel can come up with such a thing, and DC can allow one of their premier characters to be treated by someone on Spiderman's level (the same thing also happened between Venom and Superman), whereby a character that should squish Spiderman (even with his much vaunted ...scoff scoff ....'spidersense) into the cement in less than 5 seconds, then ANYTHING is possible.

For instance Marvel had Captain America (yep, Billy boy) beat up Thor.
You read that right .....Cap thrashed Thor and started bashing at him (Thor laying on the ground and Cap standing over him) with his shield!
Once again pure nonsense .....but the thing is if the writer/inker/penciler come up with it and put it on paper ....well, what is someone to do?

Or take the Lobo versus Wolverine thing where Wolverine won. Totally insane (and impossible), but it happened because the fans voted for it. Same with between Storm and Wonder Woman (Storm ...erm ....'won').
Insane and inane.

Now, back to Batman versus Spiderman.
Batman is written as a master of stratagem. He has plans that have been used to bring down the JLA (with members that have powers that make Spiderman seem like a bumbling fool). That is Batman's main strength ....the ability to prepare and plan tactics and strategies that allow him to accomplish tasks that should be impossible.
For example in No Man's Land he told Superman he did not need any help since he had plans to bring Gotham back in order, and that each of those plans had 5 backup plans, and each of the backup plans had 5 others.
Thus Bat's 'power' is his mind.

This thread gave him 18 days, where he can prepare against Spiderman.
Come on ....that is like preparing a test for a genius, and then telling him 18 days before the test exactly what is coming so he can prepare himself for it.

But hey ....you want a 'realistic scenario.'
Check the one I put at the beginning.
And if that is not enough ....hey ...here are some more (which are totally ridiculous, but have been used in comics to defeat characters like Galactus and Superman ....cases that should have been impossible).

Hmmmm, let's see ....a realistic scenario in comics (where Marvel characters like Mr Fantastic defeat a consumer of worlds like Galactus by coming up with a 'nullifier gun' ....LOL). Hmmm, maybe DC can try to match Marvel's stunts and have Batman make a 'anti-spiderman' gun.
Too silly? It worked for Spiderman when he was ....erm ...'beating' Superman.
Well, this is comics. The penciller could even have Spiderman slipping on a banana peel, and if it makes it on paper so it is.
He can draw Spiderman getting a severe case of the hiccups due to 'strobe effect inducer' Batman had in his left boot, and the hiccups make Spiderman accidentally discharge globs of webbing on himself.
Well, thumbs up for your post thumb up . I don't agree with one bit of it lol, but at least you made a very serious effort.

Now, this is how I see it:

Spider-Man sees Batman and webs him up in half a second time. Then he slings to the Batcave and kicks Alfred out and fixes himself a drink.

Batman is great at setting up death-traps. But one of my favorite quotes of Spider-Man is "Come on, I have been dancing through death traps for ages."

Once Spider-Man gets too close, Batman won't stand a chance.

Don't forget Spider-Man is a genius too. Faster, stronger, more agile, experienced to the bone, reflexes, spider-sense, superhuman durability... the combination of these things will make him the winner of this battle.

spetznaz
Well, thumbs up for your post thumb up . I don't agree with one bit of it lol, but at least you made a very serious effort.

Now, this is how I see it:

Spider-Man sees Batman and webs him up in half a second time. Then he slings to the Batcave and kicks Alfred out and fixes himself a drink.

Batman is great at setting up death-traps. But one of my favorite quotes of Spider-Man is "Come on, I have been dancing through death traps for ages."

Once Spider-Man gets too close, Batman won't stand a chance.

Don't forget Spider-Man is a genius too. Faster, stronger, more agile, experienced to the bone, reflexes, spider-sense, superhuman durability... the combination of these things will make him the winner of this battle.

Hey, at least you read it LOL.
Anyways, you asked for one realistic way that Batman could take down Spiderman with 18days of prep. I gave one that was not only realistic, but so realistic that our government (huge assumption that you live in the US) has DARPA working on it. And the effect would not only make Spiderman's agility go to zero, but it would also negate his much talked about spidersense.
Making him a fool for Batman.

I also went ahead and gave ways that COMICS (not real life ...comics) could have Batman win.
In this case realism goes outside the window.
For example they made SPIDERMAN win against SUPERMAN through some ridiculous PIS called a red-ray. Comeon .......Kal El is as beyond Peter Parker as a Lamborghini Gallardo is beyond a car drawn by a first-grader, but they had Spidey win.
A penciller could easily do the same ......in fact they could do ANYTHING.
I also gave the example of how the F4 beat Galactus .....an entity that consumes worlds ....with a 'nullifier ray.'

To conclude I answered the question in 2 ways:

1)The first showed a realistic way that in the REAL WORLD could work against even FICTIONAL characters in comics. A real thing that can work against fiction. That is quite rare, but I offered it.

2) The second thing was to show that even such a level of realism was unnecessary, since in comics most of the writers (apart from a certain few) do not add any real degree of realism to their work (since they know most of the readers would probably not even appreciate it .....for example imagine how Wolverine8888 would feel if Marvel made Wolverine more 'realistic.' Goodness, he almost had a coronary when Marvel recently had Ultimate Hulk rip Wolverine in two LOL).
Also note that Spiderman ....Spiderman himself .....had to rely on PIS to stand against Superman. In reality Superman could take out Spiderman in exactly the same way (and the same time) he would need to squish a bug. But due to some 'red ray' Spiderman was punching Superman.

Conclusion: Who is the better physical specimen? Easy .....Spiderman is beyong Batman in terms of physical ability.
If they bumped into each other, and both were written to their utmost, who would win? Well, Spiderman.
However, can Batman win with 18 days of prep? Again, if written to their utmost (and note that prep is Batman's forte), then Batman can win against Spiderman.
The only question is will he win in a realistic way, or an unrealistic (read: standard comic writing) manner? Either way Batman would win with 18 days of prep.

But hey ....we can agree to disagree. LOL.

who?-kid
Hey, at least you read it LOL.
Of course I did. I appreciate a non-fanboy counter move.

Yes.

Not true. You assumed Spider-Man would be just standing there, waiting for Batmans set up.

IF Batman manages to get rid of the spider-sense, Spider-Man is still way beyond Batman in almost every way. He remains too dangerous for Batman to handle.

True. I never liked that comic. It was just a lame excuse to let the two characters fight each other. Superman is as much out of Spider-Mans' league as Spider-Man is out of Batmans.

Cross overs are fun to read. But we just can't take them seriously.

Aha, we agree lol.

And we keep agreeing.

Yes, but the keyword is can. His preptime plans are not waterproof. Spider-Man is very unpredictable.

Well, if Batman wins, it's unrealistic lol.

Never ! wink

TwisterGameX
batman takes it if he has common knowledge of spidey. batman dies so bad if it's a who are you match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.