Which Character...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Would you like to see have their own book?

After Episode One came out, Darth Maul got his own book (Shadow Hunter); my question is: what Star Wars character would you like to see have his/her own book and why.

If you have time, give a short summary of what it would be about.

Master Naresh
obi-wan ,he's been round long
it would entail the life of obi-wan and wat he did that were not stated in movies

Darth_Glentract
Either Jacen, Kyp, or Ragnos.

Jacen: His time as a self-imposed Exile and thereafter.
Kyp: His entire life as a force user from his perspective.
Ragnos: His entire life.

Veneficus
The hell with those dudes we need a book on Revan.

starwarsrules14
Well....I would say Padme but that has already been done.
I would like to see one on Shaak Ti, or has there already been one?

Darth_Glentract
Thrawn would be cool too.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Thrawn would be cool too.
Isn't there already a book on Thrawn?

Darth_Glentract
Not specifically.

Timothy Zahn is a little obsessed with him though, so I wouldn't be surprised if we will oneday have a book just on him.

The sad thing is that Zahn wants to write a series where there is some new threat and they have to clone Thrawn to stop them.

Ianus
I personally would like to see a book on either Ragnos, Nadd, or Tarkin.

Darth_Glentract
Tarkin has his biggest role in Rouge Planet incase you want to read more about how he moved up the ranks(it's not a real big part and Rouge Planet is more or less a PT NJO book since the Vong are in it, even if its just the last few pages).

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Not specifically.

Timothy Zahn is a little obsessed with him though, so I wouldn't be surprised if we will oneday have a book just on him.

The sad thing is that Zahn wants to write a series where there is some new threat and they have to clone Thrawn to stop them.

OMFG

Captain REX
Originally posted by Veneficus
The hell with those dudes we need a book on Revan.

1) Probably won't happen, because he's a video game character with no set background due to interactions in the game.

2) The fanboys would go crazy, and annoy the hell of me, and I'd kill them...

Ianus
With teh MP5?

Veneficus
Originally posted by Captain REX
1) Probably won't happen, because he's a video game character with no set background due to interactions in the game.

2) The fanboys would go crazy, and annoy the hell of me, and I'd kill them...

Hey. A guy can dream right? stick out tongue

Darth Orcus
Personally I would like to see one chronicling the early life of Palpatine and his introduction to the darkside. I think he has the most interesting character story (from nothing to everything story...).

But then that's probably just because he's me favourite...

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth Orcus
Personally I would like to see one chronicling the early life of Palpatine and his introduction to the darkside. I think he has the most interesting character story (from nothing to everything story...).

But then that's probably just because he's me favourite...
Hey your from New Zealand? Cool! That place rocks!

Captain REX
Originally posted by Ianus
With teh MP5?

Indeed. laughing out loud

MP5K, to be precise. wink

But yeah, a Palpatine book would be pretty cool. I'm sure we'll get one, but hopefully it'll be a brilliant author, like Luceno or someone.

I want to hear more about Plagueis as well, just for the hell of it.

Ianus
Yeah, Palps and Plags need books. So does Yoda.

Veneficus
Tulak Hord needs a book.. as well as Ajunta Pall.

Captain REX
I'd prefer Yoda to remain mysterious; besides, we'd be reading about how he's a Jedi, basically. He is no different from other Jedi in how he has lived his life, other than being the Grandmaster, one of the top swordsman, and the top in power in the Force of the Jedi Order. Some things I would find interesting, but others...best left unread. Unless, of course, there was a good author.

Tulak and Ajunta I would be very interested in reading about, being that they were extremely skilled with lightsabers.

All I know about Plagueis is that Palpatine murdered him, and that Palpatine was training Darth Maul while still taking training from Plagueis.

calvin44
ima hafta go with either exar kun or naga sadow, you know, the ancient sith

Darth_Glentract
More than any one character, they need books on the Hundred Year Darkness. The problem in though is that each time they make a new book revealing some more of the universe, they kill off some of the mystery behind it, making it seem less cool sometimes.

calvin44
i definately agree.

Captain REX
I didn't know about the Hundred Year Darkness until yesterday, when I read what little info there was on it.

I had no idea there was a Hundred Year Darkness.

Exar Kun, though- we already know most of his story. Not much lacking.

Naga Sadow- we know his significance, but his background wouldn't be THAT interesting. At least, I don't think so.

Darth_Glentract
I wonder who came up with the Hundred Year Darkness. It was put into the timelines in old books several years ago, but was almost completely unmentioned in any new books until the New Essential Guide to Chronology.

calvin44
well, the sadow story would be good, it could tell how he founded the dark side

Darth_Glentract
WFT?

Captain REX
...founded the Dark Side? blink

The only thing remotely close to that is Xendor, who was the first Jedi Knight to fall to the Dark Side. But he didn't found it, he fell into something that was already there.

overlord
What about Dooku and his student Qui-Gon in their hippy times?

Captain REX
Heh! There was one book, but it wasn't just about Qui-Gon being trained.

It would be a good read.

calvin44
i meant how he founded the sith order, not the dark side.
i knew overlord was SS i saw his avatar on SS website!

Atlantis001
A book of some characters of KOTOR will do...

calvin44
no...we have enough info on them (games and comic books).

overlord
Originally posted by calvin44
i meant how he founded the sith order, not the dark side.
i knew overlord was SS i saw his avatar on SS website! The attention!! I can't take it ANYMORE!!!!11 fear

calvin44
lol.

mace=badass
I would definatley read a book on Mace.
About the things not mentioned in movies.

SnakeEyes
I think that a Palpy book would be quite interesting, as some of you mentioned. I would love to know his origins and how he came to be.

I also think a book on Jango would be quite cool. I would definitely read that.

As for strictly EU characters... I think a book on Darth Bane would be pretty awesome.

calvin44
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think that a Palpy book would be quite interesting, as some of you mentioned. I would love to know his origins and how he came to be.

I also think a book on Jango would be quite cool. I would definitely read that.

As for strictly EU characters... I think a book on Darth Bane would be pretty awesome.
there wouldnt be enough info to make full books

Darth_Glentract
Actually, Calvin, the point of writing a book would be to ADD NEW information, not just use old info.

calvin44
what are you talking about? you might want to reread my post.

Darth_Glentract
The point of a book is to make new info. How can there not be enough info to write a book?

Decay
definitly general grievous. something detailing his war with the huk and his life before the crash. then end it around when he first shows up in the clone wars cartoon. i think he could be a really tragic kind of character. id like to see him a an honourable warrior during his battles on kalee, and then after the crash have his brain seriously skrewed around with and have him semi brainwashed and turned into a twisted freak. it could detail his appearence before and after. id like so see him as kind of like robocop behind his mask but scarred up and missing a jaw. give him some wires and stuff for a speech synthesiser.

calvin44
they cant just make up useless crap.
there is plenty odf info on greivous, if you know hhow to read.

SnakeEyes
they cant just make up useless crap.
there is plenty odf info on greivous, if you know hhow to read.

Whoever said anything about "useless crap?"

It's quite obvious that new material needs to be created when an EU book gets written. No offense, but I really can't find any logic in what you're saying. I can understand it when I read it, but it doesn't make sense to say that they shouldn't make up new stuff. Without authors/other people creating new material, there would be no EU whatseoever unless George Lucas himself made it.

calvin44
im talking about greivous and windu.(established GL charaters)

SnakeEyes
there wouldnt be enough info to make full books

Still, that is bad logic right there... It's pretty obvious that new info is going to have to be made up.

calvin44
but if its about GL characters, and not written by him, it cant be canon.

SnakeEyes
But that's what EU is. George doesn't write Expanded Universe material, it gets approved by him and written by others, and if you think that's dumb or something, I guess your entitled to your own opinion, but that's pretty ignorant.
Plus, what if it's not about one of GL's characters? George didn't create every Star Wars character. Such as Revan or Tsavong Lah.

calvin44
i was only refering to GL characters. Any movie-related characters arent EU.

Captain REX
*smacks forehead*

Their BACKGROUNDS are EU. You never once hear them say that Grievous is Kaleesh, or that Windu is from Haruun Kal. You never hear it said that Grievous has Jedi blood infused into him, or that he was present at the Battle of Geonosis but not prepared to fight. You never hear it said that Mace Windu trained Depa Billaba or invented Vaapad.

You obviously don't comprehend the idea of EU.

calvin44
Originally posted by Captain REX
*smacks forehead*

Their BACKGROUNDS are EU. You never once hear them say that Grievous is Kaleesh, or that Windu is from Haruun Kal. You never hear it said that Grievous has Jedi blood infused into him, or that he was present at the Battle of Geonosis but not prepared to fight. You never hear it said that Mace Windu trained Depa Billaba or invented Vaapad.

You obviously don't comprehend the idea of EU.
yes master.

Captain REX
*smacks forehead*

This forum will never learn...

Decay
i dont get it either. they made books about luke that were set after rotj. they made comics and a book about maul pre ep1. they always make up stuff for movie characters in eu. i cant think of any that i havent seen in either a comic or mentioned in a book doing something more than they did in a movie. if your not going to make it up then all you can do is write about the movies.

as far as i know none of the eu stuff is canon, thats why its called eu. anything that isnt seen or refered to in the movies or talked about by lucas isnt canon. darth bane started out in eu but now hes refered to in the main site under the movie section if you look up the sith order. there is alot of eu stuff about him but hes been put in the movie section as the founder of the rule of two.

they give eu backgrounds and futures to almost all the major canon characters. i dont get what you mean.

SnakeEyes
*Ignoring the above comment*

So... Does anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on the subject of this thread?

calvin44
ill throw freedon nadd's name into the bucket.
Probably not the best choice.
what do you guys think of this?

exanda kane
I would love to see an Obi-Wan film noir-ish detective story. Although AotC may have been a clump of crap, Obi-Wan investigating sparked off some thought in me and I just had an idea of Obi-Wan wandering around the galaxy in his mullet and tasche' with lots of shady characters and in his little jedi starfighter.

Obi-Wan = Intergalactic James Bond. For me, it would develop his character so much more, Obi-Wan involved with dangerous women (I know he has that romance, but he could have more, for the sake of the order of course), and GAMBLING! It probably sounds cheesy and such but meh, I have a vision!

Of course, theres no way this could fit into SW continuity with lil' Ani about, as I really imagined AotC Obi jaunting around the galaxy...

anybody else like that idea?

JaehSkywalker
obi wan

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by exanda kane
I would love to see an Obi-Wan film noir-ish detective story. Although AotC may have been a clump of crap, Obi-Wan investigating sparked off some thought in me and I just had an idea of Obi-Wan wandering around the galaxy in his mullet and tasche' with lots of shady characters and in his little jedi starfighter.

Obi-Wan = Intergalactic James Bond. For me, it would develop his character so much more, Obi-Wan involved with dangerous women (I know he has that romance, but he could have more, for the sake of the order of course), and GAMBLING! It probably sounds cheesy and such but meh, I have a vision!

Of course, theres no way this could fit into SW continuity with lil' Ani about, as I really imagined AotC Obi jaunting around the galaxy...

anybody else like that idea?

me!!! that would be nice.... yeah..... cool.....

Ganner Rhysode
Kyle Katarn!

He's probably one of my favorite Star Wars characters...

Darth Zannah
Darth Bane and his apprentice, Darth Zannah would be cool. I'd love to have a book on the fall of Darth Revan in the Jedi Civil War.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.