ken vs ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gladiator69
who would u go for ?

Ultimate Rage
WTF......didnt digi just close the same exact thread a few hours ago

gladiator69
Originally posted by Ultimate Rage
WTF......didnt digi just close the same exact thread a few hours ago

so ?

wolverine8888
when there teenagers neither one because blanka shwos up and kicks both there asses at once because in the comic's blanka is the best good guy well at least int he new ones.

Blair Wind
so if its gonna get closed why make it??? What the f**k?

Ultimate Rage
Originally posted by gladiator69
so ?

finally found someone with bigger balls then me....... smile

gladiator69
is king kong a marvel or dc character ? how come there not closing the ones down that they put him in ?

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by gladiator69
is king kong a marvel or dc character ? how come there not closing the ones down that they put him in ?

Because King Kong is fighting a premiere Marvel character in that thread. wink

Adam Warlock
Oh, and Ryu would own Ken.

gladiator69
king kong had a comic book come out about a week ago from his movie and the book is cool. that still doesnt make him any comic character

DigiMark007
To answer your question about Kong and such gladiator, there's no black and white with thread-closing (though there are some general rules that you should read about in the "Read Me" thread). So yeah, something might stay open if it's not all comics, so long as it's an earnest attempt at a fair fight and there isn't a better forum for it.

In this case, ken/ryu has been done in the games vs. forum before (probably more than once), and quite obviously belongs there instead of here (I said as much the first time I closed this thread). Beyond that, you know it isn't wanted here, so why do it?

I'm not closing this thread this time. But know that, not being in its proper forum, you probably won't get too many sincere remarks. I'd move it too, but like I said...it's been done before and can probably be found with the search.

TwisterGameX
Goku wins

gladiator69
Originally posted by DigiMark007
To answer your question about Kong and such gladiator, there's no black and white with thread-closing (though there are some general rules that you should read about in the "Read Me" thread). So yeah, something might stay open if it's not all comics, so long as it's an earnest attempt at a fair fight and there isn't a better forum for it.

In this case, ken/ryu has been done in the games vs. forum before (probably more than once), and quite obviously belongs there instead of here (I said as much the first time I closed this thread). Beyond that, you know it isn't wanted here, so why do it?

I'm not closing this thread this time. But know that, not being in its proper forum, you probably won't get too many sincere remarks. I'd move it too, but like I said...it's been done before and can probably be found with the search.

so why do it? you say well it doesnt look like anyone minds me putting that cause others join in and discuss about them just like all the other characters on here

demigawd
In my opinion, it's perfectly valid to have this thread on this board. While Ryu and Ken originated in the video games, there are several volumes of comics about Street Fighter. And looking at the feats and reasoning most people use on prior SF threads, most of them reference either the comics or the anime anyway - never the games. So I would argue that the vs. board is actually a better place for these battles than the video game board.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Ultimate Rage
finally found someone with bigger balls then me....... smile

you mean me.

DigiMark007
Thanks for the input demi. I judge each thread individually, so as long as it's an earnest attempt to start a discussion I don't mind some genre-crossing fights. The 'Games Vs. Forum' is still better for this particular thread, but isn't totally out of its element here.

I just needed to clarify that, because for a while people would start a "Random Anime Character Vs. Random Game Character" and argue for its existence because each of them had 1 or 2 comics, though they were primarily experienced through other mediums. That kind of loophole-finding annoyed me, and I just try to keep this forum as comic-related as possible since there's already tons and tons of threads to begin with (other than the OTF and GDF we're one of the busiest on KMC).

-DM

Avalonofthewind
Why not create a Manga vs Comics thread?
Or a Game Character vs Comics thread?
In all honesty, the fights on this forum are getting recycled. It might be interesting to see what kind of battles would come out of such a forum.

demigawd
If you're worried about fights here getting recycled, then the worst thing you can do is have one or two entirely new VS forums - it's better to just open this one up with fewer restrictions. That said, DigiMark has done a great job in being flexible. Paola would have closed this thread in a heartbeat, and likely would have even closed my "Pick a power" thread because it's not strictly a vs. thread, despite it being popular. I'm still pissed about her closing my "Doom vs. Thanos vs. Reed vs. Batman vs. Black Panther chess tournament" thread.

id369
gameplot= Ryu FTW

gameplay= Ken FTW

DigiMark007
Hybrid forums wouldn't work. Yeah, it seems like there's a decent number of games vs. manga fights and such. But enough to warrant a new forum?? No, that forum would fall on its face from lack of interest. A rather massive amount of interest would have to be displayed before a new forum would be created (which is how new ones appear like the current Comic Books forum which is an offshoot of the Comics Movies forum). In the meantime, just try to put things where they make the most sense.

{Edit} just re-read avalon's post...he said thread, not forum. Anyway, that might be a better idea, but there's usually easier ways of getting around it. "Comics character vs. something else" and I'll usually keep it open. Same in the games forum...if there's a blanka vs. spidey thread there for example, it'll probably stay open. The instances of real problems are enough to warrant specific threads (which might be confusing anyway due to lack of direction).

olympian
"gameplot= Ryu FTW

gameplay= Ken FTW"

There you go. You dont need anything else to be said.

Porsche
Gotta say Ken. I prefer his speed advantage over Ryus strength advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.