Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PB4Ugo2Bed
Darth Plagueis is the only Sith who could prolong and even create life by manipulating the force (phantom menace).

Now this has been swimming around in my noodle for sometime now. What if Darth Plagueis actually did create a life. A boy who became the greatest Jedi and Sith. He would be the father of Aniken/Vader.

Can you imagine such a twist of revenge from the grave.

If this works out I see a mini series on cable. You guys heard it here first.

Captain REX
This has been discussed several times over, but just for your sake...

Lucas left that speculation open. So, either Plagueis is Anakin's 'father,' or the Force alone was his father, or Plagueis did not actually know the trick and Palpatine just said it to bait Anakin.

I prefer to think that it was the Force alone and that Plagueis didn't actually know the trick. We'll see at some point in the future, when we know more of Plagueis.

Jedi Priestess
Discussed? laughing more like argued bitterly by many of us.

PB, the search button is your friend and Rex is right on the answer.

Although Im still not buying it. eek!

Captain REX
Argued bitterly, discussed, same thing here. wink

Council#13
Ture, true, bitterly argued

freefly
EU confirmation from essential guide to chronology

"The child that resulted from this force miracle, Plagueis insisted, would be the living embodiment of the force itself - and at that moment, Sidious knew that his master was discussing Sidious's replacement. Soon after Sidious killed Darth Plagueis in his sleep."

"On Tatooine, the slave Shmi Skywalker had given birth to a child more powerful in the force than any other in history - the apparent product of forbidden research initiated by Darth Plagueis and taken by Darth Sidious. This boy, Anakin Skywalker, had seemingly not been conceived by a human father, but by the midi-chlorians themselves."

Council#13
that explains A LOT. thanks whered u get it?

overlord
Probably not canonical as Lucas made it up later on and left it to us to decide.

Council#13
buh?

overlord
Refering to the text of freefly.

darthvader_fan
laughing

Ushgarak
Of course it isn't canon; it is specifically EU.

Darth Plagueis
Yawn. I heard my name and dropped oput of hyperspace for a moment.
Gotta check out JPs avatars.
From time to time.

RevolutionX
Thanks

DarthLazious
Well that means it's offical then that Darth Plagueis is Anakin's father.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Well that means it's offical then that Darth Plagueis is Anakin's father.

I thought so before too,... but the Chronology takes things from the films and goes on them.

It isn't official from GL.

I found it more interesting for Rick McCallum to say on the commentary of the EP3 dvd that the opera scene "reveals Anakin's origins".... which, him being the producer and all, is a little more "official" than the chronology, but still..... he's not GL.

As it stands......

We are left the possibility, but no definitive answers.

We are meant to debate it, and think about it, but I don't expect that you will ever get a "real" answer as to Plageuis and Palps both creating him, Palps or Plagueis only, or neither.

(My own personal opinion is the one in the Chronology..... Plagueis was going to create the Chosen One (or did), Palps found out, and killed him.)

I also think palps used the power on himself, and that he is quite a bit older than most folks think.

Either several hundred years, or maybe the whole millenia since the Sith were extinct.

(Darth Bane starting the rule of 2, and how many master/apprentices came before Plags/Palps is all EU anyway.......)

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Captain REX
...or Plagueis did not actually know the trick and Palpatine just said it to bait Anakin.

This is the way I read it.... Palps lied about everything else...

darthvader_fan
agreed

Stun
it's the best argument of the entire PT, the fact that something is left a mystery. I mean, eversince AOTC, Boba Fett's mystery was forever destroyed - as much as i've grown to accept the whole clone idea.

Darth Subjekt
The only thing that bugs me about him lying to Anakin is that, yea he lied but then kinda told the truth. Like he said once his apprentice knew everything he did, he killed him. But then he said, "to cheat death is a power only one has discovered, but if we work together...." So maybe his master DID know, but he didn't, obviously. Its kinda hard to tell. I'm still trying to figure out why, when Sid told Ani that he didn't know how to do it, why Anakin didn't F**k him up right then and there. I mean that was the whole point of joining him to save Padme, but obviously, he can't do that. I don't know, just random thoughts.

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by Captain REX
This has been discussed several times over, but just for your sake...

Lucas left that speculation open. So, either Plagueis is Anakin's 'father,' or the Force alone was his father, or Plagueis did not actually know the trick and Palpatine just said it to bait Anakin.

I prefer to think that it was the Force alone and that Plagueis didn't actually know the trick. We'll see at some point in the future, when we know more of Plagueis. Agreed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Mader
Anakin said he remembered his father in episode 2 he said something like this "Obi was just like my father, HE'S HOLDING ME BACK"

I'm pretty sure Plaguesis isn't anakin's father lol otherwise Anakin would be older and Shimi Skywalker had sex with a man 20-years older then her. Plaguesis did train Palpatine and Palpatine is old now.

Jack Daniels
Now I thought this was settled I thought Lucas said in an interview Plagueis was responsible for the creation of Annie....who said that?? which thread did this get settled in already???ahhh somebody go fishin and find that lucas quote so it can be used to end this debate every time it comes up...lol....

Sesse
Or perhaps Palpatine was taken in with the exactly same bs. words.

"Come with me and I will save your friends, lovers, etc... blah blah"...

The same thing he lured Anakin with. Luke was the first guy to actually say "no" in the whole saga...

Gamblor
There's a timeline problem with that. It's either Sidious or the Force.

Blaxican_Jedi
Wow I never noticed how badly GL copied the bible..some supernatural affecting a a single woman, making her give berth to a person who was like on the the most uber beings in the world...

Jack Daniels
as far as timeline whos to say this creation didnt take awhile after the midichlorians were directed into action...lol

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Lord Mader
Anakin said he remembered his father in episode 2 he said something like this "Obi was just like my father, HE'S HOLDING ME BACK"

please tell me when Ani said that....let me help you....HE DOESNT. At one point he says that OB1 is like his father meaning he looks at him like a father...not that Ob1 reminds him of his father...he didnt have one....

then at another time, after the tusken raider slaughter, he tells Padme that OB1 is jealous and that hes holding him back.

rewatch it.

ShadowKing
Palpatine told Anakin what he knew Anakin wanted to hear

his re-telling of the Darth Plagueis tale was Palapatine's tale...

he was remembering...looking away into his own memory of the time...

and, knowing what Plagueis had accomplished, killed him to become the

architect of Anakin's destiny

Jack Daniels
umm I think I agree ..lol

Darth Nepulis
Who was Plagueis' master?

Tangible God
^His master was Palpatine, we know this because according to Palpatine, Plagueis has, "such an uber knowledge of the Force," that he went back in time to create through teh Dark Side, his OWN master.

16carlos1989
ok who's to say this Plagueis bloke is real??
There is no evidence that he existed. you may argue that Anakin is this evidence. But we dont even know if thats true. You can theorise all you like but in the end Darth Plagueis may not be real.

Anyway something tells me that Palpatine/Sidious might be Anakins Father, there is a sense in the timeline and the way Palpatine treats Anakin.
Maybe Sidious was once a Jedi and fell in love with Shmi Skywalker, then Sidious might not of been allowed to continue the relationship so left Shmi.

Thats my theory.

Sesse
Someone had to teach Sidious. There is no "to be sith ABC" courses.

Plagueis is the only lead.

Darth Plagueis
I don't think Palps would have left Ani on Tatooine that long if he had known where he was. It would have been easier for his grand scheme to train Ani himself from the start.

Sesse
Perhaps Palpatine just plain sucked as a mentor?

Maul was a failure. Dooku was a much better pupil, but he was already trained by the jedi. Perhaps the jedi were too good teachers for their own good.

16carlos1989
Perhaps Palpatine wanted Anakin to stay on Tatooine for such a long time so that it would give Anakin a background or some life. Remember when Palpatine said that in ROTS he had been taught by both Jedi and Sith. so possibly he wanted the same for Anakin.
yeah Plagueis is the only lead but i bet you there were more Sith Lords.

chinabing
There is no proof of Plageuious or Palpatine being Anakin's father, or movitivating or encouraging Shmi's midichlorians to produce the Chosen One.

16carlos1989
Originally posted by 16carlos1989
ok who's to say this Plagueis bloke is real??
There is no evidence that he existed. you may argue that Anakin is this evidence. But we dont even know if thats true. You can theorise all you like but in the end Darth Plagueis may not be real.

this is what i have said before, there isnt any proof that Plagueis is real and there isnt any proof of any chain of events happening.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
I don't think Palps would have left Ani on Tatooine that long if he had known where he was. It would have been easier for his grand scheme to train Ani himself from the start. Agrred. He kidnapped Maul from birth, why should Anakin be any different.

Sesse
Maul pretty much failed. They were not able to teach him propperly.

Revolver Ocelot
Maul... was an example of a perfect Sith warrior. Ruthless, relying on anger, incredibly skilled and powerful command of the Force. Palpatine trained him nicely. .

However, he was arrogant (Like Dooku, "Human" Vader and to a lesser extent Palpatine). This led to his demise.

Sesse
Yes. So poorly he was trained if his arrogance beat him he allowed?
It takes just 1 flaw to be exploited in combat.

Tangible God
Qui-Gon made one flaw, Vader made one flaw, Dooku made one flaw, Luke made one flaw.

Are you saying they're all "poorly trained" just cause they were beaten?

Sesse
To be truly great is to have no weakness.

They were all defeted during a fierce battle. (mostly). But Maul da moron managed to **** up after he had almost won!

Now that takes some skill.

Knightfall93
Exactly... did someone sa sidious took Maul from birth? Is there a graphic nvel/ book that tells that story? Has anyone noticed Palpatine is the only master in the films to have a padawan die before them, and he had 3... 2 who died before him and 1 just after! Unless Palp somehow survived... which is unlikely! LMAO. Do we even know if Plagus(?) ever existed?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Exactly... did someone sa sidious took Maul from birth? Is there a graphic nvel/ book that tells that story? Has anyone noticed Palpatine is the only master in the films to have a padawan die before them, and he had 3... 2 who died before him and 1 just after! Unless Palp somehow survived... which is unlikely! LMAO. Do we even know if Plagus(?) ever existed? It's in a novel, can't remeber which one.

And Palps did survive, resurrected 7 years later. He out-lived ALL of his apprentices. Except Luke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.