Prequal Trilogy Renamed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Exador
Phantom Menace = Rise Of The Sith
Attack Of The Clones = The Clone Wars Begin
Revenge Of The Sith = Betrayal Of A Jedi

That's what I think they should be named

Jedi Priestess
why do you DO this?

Exador
Because. 1: The Phantom Menace = Who Is The Phantom Menace
2: Attack Of The Clones = The Movie Is About ANAKIN, THE CLONE WARS And FORBIDDEN LOVE
3: Revenge Of The Sith = The Sith Don't Take Revenge. Anakin Betrays The Jedi And Kills Them, So It should Be Called: Betrayal Of A Jedi

Jedi Priestess
I was referring to the opening of a thread whenever a thought pops into you brain.

As for your suggestions, email Lucas. roll eyes (sarcastic)

overlord
*Gets exador out of ignore list to see what he has to say*

*quickly puts him in again*

Exador
Well. As Far As The Thread Opening Goes. There is a lot of questions I Want Answered And Opinions I'd Like To Post. But Maybe You Can Answer Some Questions For Me Like. Who/What Is The Phanom Menace.

Jedi Priestess
The Sith or to be more specific the reappearane of the Sith.

Lana
Originally posted by Exador
Because. 1: The Phantom Menace = Who Is The Phantom Menace
2: Attack Of The Clones = The Movie Is About ANAKIN, THE CLONE WARS And FORBIDDEN LOVE
3: Revenge Of The Sith = The Sith Don't Take Revenge. Anakin Betrays The Jedi And Kills Them, So It should Be Called: Betrayal Of A Jedi

The Phantom Menace is the Sith, and Sidious in particular. Duh.

AOTC is about the start of the Clone Wars. Exactly.

The Sith don't take revenge? They wipe out the Jedi who had defeated them long before. Sounds like revenge to me.

FFS. Did you actually WATCH the movies?

Exador
Yes. But Revenge of the Sith is about ANAKIN'S FALL TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

Jedi Priestess
Yes, and Anakin BECOMES a sith lord dearie. Use thy brain.
Also if you are going to get this anal about it, the entire SAGA is the story of Anakin Skywalker, so following your line of reasoning, then why not just call it Anakin's Story instead of Star Wars.

BAILY
But calling it Betrayal of a Jedi is stupid.. who are you Timothy Zahn??

Lana
Yes. But Revenge of the Sith is about ANAKIN'S FALL TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

Because he was manipulated by Sidious who wanted to destroy the Jedi, and he became a Sith.

Goodness. It's not rocket science.

DeVi| D0do
Phantom Menace = Rise Of The Sith
Attack Of The Clones = The Clone Wars Begin
Revenge Of The Sith = Betrayal Of A Jedi

That's what I think they should be named
No. That's stupid.

Ianus
No, it isn't. It's about the Sith finally getting the hand up on the jedi. The jedi got PWNED in the movie. Anakin was just a part of a bigger deal. They call the series STAR WARS, not BEING ANAKIN SKYWALKER. I thought this was obvious.

Ianus
Wow, four people posted in the time it took to type that.

Jedi Priestess
Yet, these kinds of threads will continue to multiply like rabbits. messed

Lana
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Yet, these kinds of threads will continue to multiply like rabbits. messed

Crap like this is why I don't usually come in here. When people can discuss intelligent stuff, then I'll prolly become a regular poster here.

BAILY
Originally posted by Lana
Crap like this is why I don't usually come in here. When people can discuss intelligent stuff, then I'll prolly become a regular poster here.

Might as well pack your bags now.. it aint gonna happen..

Ianus
Intelligent stuff? In the PT?

Alright, lemme try....

If the jedi had access to the security cameras in the Chancellor's office, why didn't they find him out sooner?

Jedi Priestess
Isnt THAT the truth Baily. laughing out loud

and they didnt have that kind of access Ianus

exanda kane
Can I execute Exador yet?

Jedi Priestess
OK here is the kicker for me in all of this. Exador has been a member of KMC since March for heavens sake. And BELIEVE ME damn near every single plot point, name change, what if theory etc, etc, blah, blah, was discussed to death from the day the trailer hit till long after the release of ROTS. SO feigning ignorance at this point is not going to wash. no

Ianus
Funny, they watched Palpatine proclaim Anakin as Darth Vader. I'd say they have pretty good access.

Jedi Priestess
First of all EVERYTHING that Palps did as Siddious was done via a different frequency. For example the holochairs. The Jedi didnt even know those existsed until it was too late.

darthvader_fan
But how did the Jedi have holo chairs

Jedi Priestess
They DIDNT. Do you guys not even WATCH the movies before you come up with this stuff?

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Ianus
Funny, they watched Palpatine proclaim Anakin as Darth Vader. I'd say they have pretty good access.

Those were the Temple records they were checking.

Ianus
Yes, they were temple records... and yet Sidious was proclaiming Anakin Darth Vader on them. Obviously the jedi were spying on the chancellor by this point.

InfiniteDY
Ahem... for the "individual" who said the Sith don't take revenge and it should be called "Betrayal of a Jedi":

Anakin becomes a Sith.

The Jedi Order mistreated him, didn't trust him, would not allow him to do things he wanted to do, etc.

As a Sith, he takes his revenge by helping to destroy the Jedi Order.

Palpatine was a Sith Master.

The Sith had been nearly wiped out by the Jedi numerous times. (Darth Maul got killed in the TPM)

Palpatine has the Jedi nearly wiped out using ORDER 66!

He defeats Yoda, the acting leader of the Jedi Order.

At the end of the movie, the "bad guys," also known as the SITH, are victorious.

Sounds like revenge to me! laughing out loud

Edit: Also, Palpatine manages to steal the CHOSEN ONE of the Jedi to the Dark Side as his own.

"You... like your father... are now MINE!" - Sidious, ROTJ

Exador
FINE. I'll PM The Moderator And Tell Him To CLOSE THIS TOPIC PERMANENTLY!!!

Sesse
Good call my young padawan!

BAILY
Intelligent stuff? In the PT?

Alright, lemme try....

If the jedi had access to the security cameras in the Chancellor's office, why didn't they find him out sooner?

I like the way you think... big grin Good question

InfiniteDY
I will say this though... I agree that Attack Of The Clones is kind of a weird name for a Star Wars movie. But it would also sound weird to have War in the title twice:

Star Wars Episode II: The Clone Wars

BAILY
I think AOTC is just a little homage to those funny serials from the 30s and 40s .. the attack of the (insert stupid character here)

Jedi Priestess
Yes, they were temple records... and yet Sidious was proclaiming Anakin Darth Vader on them. Obviously the jedi were spying on the chancellor by this point.

Look they obviously werent privvy as to what went on in Palpatines chambers or they wouldnt have asked Anakin to spy for them now would they? Rather simple if you think about it.

exanda kane
Originally posted by BAILY
I think AOTC is just a little homage to those funny serials from the 30s and 40s .. the attack of the (insert stupid character here)

all of them were loosely themed about them, but as you 'imply' AOTC is probably the best/worst (depends on your POV) example of this...

Ianus
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Look they obviously werent privvy as to what went on in Palpatines chambers or they wouldnt have asked Anakin to spy for them now would they? Rather simple if you think about it.

Uh huh. Glad to see you're so open-minded.

It's very likely they sent Anakin to gain Palpatine's confidence and also made plans to have bugs installed. Mace Windu stated openly that he did not trust either of them, so why would the jedi council (Who feared the chancellor was out to seize power for himself) hinge their chances entirely on Anakin?

Rather simple if you think about it.

Ushgarak
Total nonsense. It wasn't Anakin being proclaimed Vader; it was the Emperor coming to congratulate him after the job was done. In absolutely NO WAY AT ALL did they have the Chancellor's officer bugged.

Meanwhile, closed on request.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.