books into movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calvin44
which star wars book would you like to see turned into a movie?

for me, id have to say Shadows of the Empire

SS_181st_Snow
Actually, I would LOVE to see Jedi Quest turned into a movie. It's about 4 years after TPM, and it revolves around Anakin. Good read, atleast to me. Y'know it's in my top list when I read it on the crapper.

overlord
SW books probably won't make good movies.

Council#13
yes, the Jedi Quest would make good movies, but for me, Jedi Apprentice is better

Dan Skywalker
Thrawns books would be cool as movies but also Id like to see the New Jedi Order as books. With all the emotion and action happening in the books they would be great films

overlord
They are good books but not good scripts.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by overlord
SW books probably won't make good movies. yeah, not like TESB. Never like that.

chilled monkey
Shatterpoint and Labyrinth of Evil would be great movies.

exanda kane
Originally posted by xyz jedi
yeah, not like TESB. Never like that.

huh?

overlord
I think he is opting that a story from a book in film will never be as good as the ESB script.

I haven't read much SW literature (still I come here.. go figure) but from my experience you just can't compare a script to a book story of how it will be in a movie.
So I will agree that no EU story would be as great on screen as ESB is.

Xyz jedi is just a little weird..

exanda kane

Darth_Glentract
The Thrawn trilogy, the Jedi Academy trilogy, and I, Jedi(easily one of the best, if not the best SW book).

exanda kane
Yes, but they wouldnt make movies...

SS_181st_Snow
What's I,Jedi about? I hear it's perdy good.

Darth_Glentract
It's about Corran Horn becoming a Jedi.

overlord
I read jedi academy and heir to the empire, they were creative and interesting books, very good literature.. But they would have a more basic plot line and a clear climax to make a movie.

General G
I would love to see Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader and Labyrinth of Evil and when Grievous is fighting Mace they should show Grievous's point of view when he is calculating Mace's fighting style, that would be cool

ResubianNushi
I would say Shatterpoint and Labrynth of Evil.

Tangible God
It would seem almost pointless to "movieize" books set in between movies.

And if you analyze them closely enough, the Thrawn trilogy wouldn't make for a good movie. If you make ONE movie out of them, then it'll seem rushed, any more than that and you'll thin the storyline.

The NJO would take MORE than a trilogy to make, and by that time, SW would be boring.

There isn't a book that revolves around Han Solo's lifetime that can be made into as good as a movie as any OT film. Maybe one concerning the Ancient Sith would be, maybe.

General G
Originally posted by Tangible God

The NJO would take MORE than a trilogy to make, and by that time, SW would be boring.

Star Wars boring??!! huh confused

Can it happen??

calvin44
it just did...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.