GL's repetition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
Both Mace and Sids said "he's too dangerous to be left alive" seems unimaginative.

overlord
Is this like "why sith have red lightsabers? Seems odd.. 1eye"

But anyway.. People who can electrocute at will are just too dangerous to be left alive.

Ushgarak
It's not unikaginative, it's deliberate; the whole point wa that Anakin had been in the exact same situation earlier and had regretted it, which influenced his choice with Mace.

Ballister
Xyz, I'm new and everything, but how come you make so many threads? And no offense, but they aren't too good either... And yeah, a Sith lord who can fire a giant arc of lightning at will is a bit dangerous, don't you think? Besides, I'll bet that Samuel L. Jackson always wanted to say "He's too dangerous to be kept alive." I know I have.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by xyz jedi
Both Mace and Sids said "he's too dangerous to be left alive" seems unimaginative.
You're only now just realising that Lucas is a terrible writter?

Ballister
Would've made sense if realising was a word. Of course, if you meant realizing by any chance...

DeVi| D0do
No, I meant 'realising'. We speak real english here...

exanda kane
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No, I meant 'realising'. We speak real english here...

BALLISTA GOT OWNED. serves you right for being smug tbh mate...

Ballister
Realising is a word, but it's a business term used to describe someone earning money through a commercial or business transaction. But the form of it that you're using would be realizing. Look it up in a dictionary. So I'm afraid you're being hypocritical saying that I'm using ersatz english. smile

exanda kane
erm. are you american? because if you are then get some real education...

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Ballister
Realising is a word, but it's a business term used to describe someone earning money through a commercial or business transaction. But the form of it that you're using would be realizing. Look it up in a dictionary. So I'm afraid you're being hypocritical saying that I'm using ersatz english. smile
No. You just contradicted yourself. In your other post you said 'realising' is not a word, but in the above post you clearly state that it is. Secondly, either spelling of the word is acceptable to be used in either context. (v) understand, realize, realise, see (perceive (an idea or situation) mentally) "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea", or (v) realize, realise (convert into cash; of goods and property).

DeVi| D0do
double post... nevermind

Ballister
No. You just contradicted yourself. In your other post you said 'realising' is not a word, but in the above post you clearly state that it is. Secondly, either spelling of the word is acceptable to be used in either context. (v) understand, realize, realise, see (perceive (an idea or situation) mentally) "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea", or (v) realize, realise (convert into cash; of goods and property).

Got a point there, I did make a mistake. And you also contridicted yourself. You said "...we use real English here..." and in this post, you're saying that realize can be used. And the proper way is realize, realise is a totally different meaning, which like I said before, is a business term.

DeVi| D0do
My 'real english' comment was a joke. And, no, you're wrong. I don't know the linguistics of the magical land you reside in, but where I live 'realise' and 'realize' mean the same thing. The dictionary agrees with me:

realise
v 1: earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages; "How much do you make a month in your new job?"; "She earns a lot in her new job"; "this merger brought in lots of money"; "He clears $5,000 each month" 2: convert into cash; of goods and property 3: expand or complete (a thorough-based part in a piece of baroque music) by supplying the harmonies indicated in the figured bass 4: make real or concrete; give reality or substance to; "our ideas must be substantiated into actions" 5: be fully aware or cognizant of 6: perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just can't see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don't understand the idea"

exanda kane
Got a point there, I did make a mistake. And you also contridicted yourself. You said "...we use real English here..." and in this post, you're saying that realize can be used. And the proper way is realize, realise is a totally different meaning, which like I said before, is a business term.

Hang on there...are you by any chance applying a defecit model? Because if you are then I may inquire into if I can get the moderators to ban you from KMC. A warning for Devil Dodo also...

DeVi| D0do
Huh? What exactly are you warning me of?

exanda kane
Creating a defecit model when you said "...we use real English here..."

And btw Ballister was the main culprit.

DeVi| D0do
Uhh, sure, whatever...

Oh, it's spelt 'deficit' not 'defecit', by the way.

Ballister
Devil, I live in the U.S., so that must be why we have different grammar and spelling, so sorry. No hard feelings? And Exanda Kane, it's deficit. Not defecit. Sorry about the insufficient quote, but just read the whole post, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Ken Kenobi
WooHoo! It's like grade school grammer class all over again. Happy Dance

Ballister
I know!!! Happy Dance

DeVi| D0do
Devil, I live in the U.S., so that must be why we have different grammar and spelling, so sorry. No hard feelings? And Exanda Kane, it's deficit. Not defecit. Sorry about the insufficient quote, but just read the whole post, it wouldn't have made a difference.
Lol. Hard feelings? Dude, I'm just playin... You really think I care that much about a letter? And what's with all this politeness? This is the Star Wars forum isn't it?

Ballister
Oh yeah... I'm used to be on the unhosted role playing forum... Anyways, let's get back to this thread.

exanda kane
hehe...well it seems were all speaking different dialects then. I'm using standard english UK. Deficit here, was a mistype and thankyou for trying to be provocative with the "read the whole post" crap.

I'm sorry but I am seriously offended by you in particular Ballister.

Ushgarak
Yes, well, can we leave all that silliness behind and return to the subject at hand? If there is any more to say, that is.

darthvader_fan
PLEASE

exanda kane
whats the subject again?

darthvader_fan
idk

xyz jedi
You're only now just realising that Lucas is a terrible writter? Originally posted by exanda kane
erm. are you american? because if you are then get some real education...
laughing funny stuff, but seriously, I like SW but it seems more and more crap. Not all the time, but there are some faults which makes me wanna yell at gl. Ah well, Ush, close this thread.

darthvader_fan
Ushgarak this thread is going no where please close

xyz jedi
CLOSE!!!

xyz jedi
wait, why not report or PM???

exanda kane
Meh...GL calls it rhyming...
He says he likes the episodes to rhyme etc...which means he likes plaguerising himself...

Ush...this threads my ownly chance of survival...XYZ Jedi has failed his quest to become a normal forum browser...we are all lost...

xyz jedi
okay okay. Return to what I forgot to mention.

If Ani killed sith first time y not second. Would he do anything Sids says? Is he his monkey?

overlord
Originally posted by exanda kane
Meh...GL calls it rhyming...
He says he likes the episodes to rhyme etc...which means he likes plaguerising himself... I call it a poor excuse for being too lazy to write the whole trilogy plot beforehand..

Ushgarak
This isn't even rhymimng- why would anyone think that? It's in the SAME film. it is a very deliberate and appropriate repetition of the line for emotional effect with Anakin. He regretted killing someone with that excuse and now he was seeing it again.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by overlord
I call it a poor excuse for being too lazy to write the whole trilogy plot beforehand.. yeah. Wait, did GL write ep1 first or ep 4 first.

overlord
He only had faint idea's for the prequels, no actual script.
And I suspect he still didn't even had a good overall idea of the whole PT storyline at the time of AotC..

xyz jedi
yeah AotC should of had the CW's in it or something like that.

Worst, movie, EVER!!! In SW Uni.

sauro123456
People who say that some characters repeat the same frases should watch the dvd first, Lucas talks about that. It is a story-telling method used by everyone. Mamy characters repeat some phrases, another one is that obi-wan says "hello there" ,before the fight with grevious on Utapau, it is the same phrase that he uses in episode IV when he sees r2d2.

xyz jedi
okay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.