ThunderStrike no Hammer vs Current Thing vs Ares no weapons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Ares Attirbutes
Intelligence: Normal (4/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 75 (9/12)
Speed: Superhuman (6/10)
Stamina: Godlike (9/10)
Durability: Superhuman (7/14)
Agility: Superhuman (6/7)
Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)

ThunderStrike Attrubutes
Intelligence: Above Normal (5/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 50 (8/12)
Speed: Superhuman (6/10)
Flight Speed: Unrevealed, possibly escape velocity
Stamina: Superhuman (6/10)
Durability: Superhuman (7/14)
Agility: Superhuman (6/7)
Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)
Fighting Skills: Formidable hand-to-hand combatant, received some combat training from Captain America

Laminator_X
Ares would clean their clocks. If it was Thing and Thunderstrike double-teaming him in a close-in brawl they might stand a chance of getting him in a hold or something, but even then I'd put my money on Ares.

Remember that Ares is a God of War. He has millennia more experience and is a far better tactician than the other two put together. In any situation other than a cage match, he'll have them totally out-fought, out-thought, and out-maneuvered from the get-go. (Total tourney agruing for Benedict de-ja-vous, here)

Top it off with Ares being truely immortal, in the final analysis he can simply outlast them. Even should the other manage to dogpile him, they'll eventually wear out while he'll keep getting back up. An Olympian god simply cannot be beaten to death. It took the entire Masters of Evil brute squad teaming up on a drunk and drugged Hercules to beat him into a coma, and Herc basically walked right into their hands. These guys aren't packing half as much muscle as the Masters, and Ares will not be so obliging a punching dummy.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Ares would clean their clocks. If it was Thing and Thunderstrike double-teaming him in a close-in brawl they might stand a chance of getting him in a hold or something, but even then I'd put my money on Ares.

Remember that Ares is a God of War. He has millennia more experience and is a far better tactician than the other two put together. In any situation other than a cage match, he'll have them totally out-fought, out-thought, and out-maneuvered from the get-go. (Total tourney agruing for Benedict de-ja-vous, here)

Top it off with Ares being truely immortal, in the final analysis he can simply outlast them. Even should the other manage to dogpile him, they'll eventually wear out while he'll keep getting back up. An Olympian god simply cannot be beaten to death. It took the entire Masters of Evil brute squad teaming up on a drunk and drugged Hercules to beat him into a coma, and Herc basically walked right into their hands. These guys aren't packing half as much muscle as the Masters, and Ares will not be so obliging a punching dummy.

Your kidding right...?

Lets throw in The THING's stats to be fair and it will show you you who will come out on top... Using the same measures...

The THING's Attributes
Intelligence 5/10
Strength 11.5/12
Speed 6/10
Stamina 9/10
Durability 13.5/14
Agility 5/7
Reflexes 6/7
Fighting Skills: Highly trained in Boxing, Wrestling, Judo, H2H, Millitary combat.

I think that the #'s speak for themselves.

The THING wins... Too much over them in most all things.

Draco69
Is this DC Ares or Marvel Ares with the bad mohawk?

golem370
Marvel

Laminator_X
No, I'm not kidding. People often forget that Marvel's Olympian Gods are a notch more powerful than the Aseir, naturally so given the amount of facetime that Thor and Co. get.

I ultimately put little stock in those kind of ratings. They tend to be rather arbitrary and imprecise at the hight end. For example Marvel's website ranks Thanos and Hank Pym both at 6/7 for intelligence. Are they both smarter than the 5/7 guys? Yes. Are they both below people like the Watcher or Galactus? Yes. Are they the same? Obviously not.

Now this isn't to say that the Thing doesn't have the toughest hide on the field, he certainly does. He's likely the strongest too. I'm saying that Ares brings a lot more to the table in overall combat effectiveness Do you really think Ben's military training and 10 years or so (cursed Marvel Time) of superhero whoopass put's him on even footing skill/tactics-wise with the God of War?

It took Goliath/Atlas, Tiger Shark, The Wrecking Crew, and Mr. Hyde to deliver a beating that Herc couldn't get back up from; and he went into that fight so drunk/dosed he could bearly walk straight. To be fair, Ares isn't as physically powerful as his half-brother, but that's the kind of punishment it takes to put down an Olympian.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Your kidding right...?

Lets throw in The THING's stats to be fair and it will show you you who will come out on top... Using the same measures...

The THING's Attributes
Intelligence 5/10
Strength 11.5/12
Speed 6/10
Stamina 9/10
Durability 13.5/14
Agility 5/7
Reflexes 6/7
Fighting Skills: Highly trained in Boxing, Wrestling, Judo, H2H, Millitary combat.

I think that the #'s speak for themselves.

The THING wins... Too much over them in most all things.

Can you please tell me where you got that 11.5/12 strength and 13.5/14 durability from? Because it sure sounds like make-belief from someone that has wetdreams about Thing sad .

If you can show me some official reference of those stats (which i highly doubt) i'll be sure to appologize.

smile

~wickerman~

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Wickerman
Can you please tell me where you got that 11.5/12 strength and 13.5/14 durability from? Because it sure sounds like make-belief from someone that has wetdreams about Thing sad .

If you can show me some official reference of those stats (which i highly doubt) i'll be sure to appologize.

smile

~wickerman~

Those were my own stats using the measuring power that was being given as the stats for the other guys.

If CL50 is 8/12 and CL75 is 9/12 What is a mid CL100...? And who's a 12/12...? HULK enraged...?

If per say Classic Juggs is 14/14... That is an if but it sounds close... Then Ben who isn't beaten by many in durability is what...?

I said 13.5/14 it could be 13/14... I think I'm close...

And also a little bias... So you tell me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.