how padm'e led to the downfall of the republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calvin44
if you think about it, she filed for "no trust" in chancelor velorean, thus causing palps to take his place, screwing everything up.

starwarsrules14
Palps played his cards perfectly at the exact time. I have thought about it, but you really can't blame her.
Imagine:
You are a fourteen year old Queen who's planet is under attack. You stand at the window in your chambers, watching a woman get shot down for protecting her child. In your mind you see all the children going about every day life, and battle droids start attacking. Your family is in detention camps starving to death, for food priveliges have been taken away. An old experienced senator that you have trusted for six months tells you the Republic is crumbling under the rule of Chancellor Valorum.

What would you do? After watching the corruption of senators and how the original Chancellor handled it, would you continue to allow him to rule. Don't forget that she didn't know that Palps would get nominated. In her journal she said she regretted it because she did not completely trust Palpatine.
((can you tell I know the character big grin ))

calvin44
i never said she did it conciously, all im saying is w/o padme, anakin would never join the dark side, and palps wouldnt be supreme chancellor.

starwarsrules14
There were many other factors, and it is not all her fault. Do not forget what Jar Jar did, Palps just has a genius way of getting what he wants. If you are talking like that, I will blame it all on Veruna!

Captain REX
If anything, blame Palps.

calvin44
i dont think you guys get the point.
i was saying if padme didnt exist, there would basically be know star wars. at least not the one we know.

starwarsrules14
Anakin would have found someone else, and Naboo must have a senator to represent their planet.
"Always turning the future is."

calvin44
no. it just doesnt work like that.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by calvin44
if you think about it, she filed for "no trust" in chancelor velorean, thus causing palps to take his place, screwing everything up.

in a word......NO

calvin44
i wont even waste time on a reply to you.

((The_Anomaly))
sleep

JKozzy
if you think about it, she filed for "no trust" in chancelor velorean, thus causing palps to take his place, screwing everything up. You can blame Padme for the vote... you can blame Jar-Jar for giving Palps emergency powers, which made the clone army legal.. you could blame Qui-Gon for dying and not training Anakin properly... you can blame Yoda for not seeing the sith, you can blame Mace Windu for not striking fast enough and not sensing anakin, you can blame Anakin for betraying the Jedi, you can blame Obi-wan for keeping him alive, you can blame Palpatine for masterminding the whole plot, you can blame ANYBODY and you don't sound any more intelligent. If Padme weren't around then someone else would've assisted him, and yes, there would've been a Star Wars as we know it.. she's not the end-all-and-be-all. The end.

darthvader_fan
how did padme have anything to do with it

calvin44
ok, i am wrong, i admit it, i wont argue any further.

Jedi Priestess
i wont even waste time on a reply to you.

good plan seeing as I was right now wasnt it yes

Love your sig

calvin44
thank you. i dont want to argue when im wrong and be hated like these other people.

Stun
difference of opinion is not about hating somone

Adamwankenobi
**** you you mother****uing cocksucking son of a *****! You mother****ing women hater!

calvin44
Originally posted by Adamwankenobi
**** you you mother****uing cocksucking son of a *****! You mother****ing women hater!
if that is supposed to be funny, its not.

overlord
Great.. the blaim game again..

First all is Mace his fault, then Qui-Gon, then Jar Jar, now Padme.. pirate

Ballister
Ok, you know how elaborate Palpatine's plan was, right? I'm sure with his mind, he would've been prepared to turn Anakin without Padme's help.

chinabing
Palpatine's plan was to put anakin & padme's together when he suggested she be put "under the protection of your graces." He was a brilliant planner. "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail."

It was... Palpatine's fault! They all got snookered by him.

Ballister
Well put. I guess. I dunno. Go figure.

Tangible God
i dont think you guys get the point.
i was saying if padme didnt exist, there would basically be know star wars. at least not the one we know. If Padme didn't exist, what's to say it would be any better? Either way, Palps will get power.

darthvader_fan
how did padme have anything to do with it

Ballister
That's what we're discussing, if Sidious could've done it without Padme. Which I think he could.

sauro123456
It was not her fault. Palpatine is the pupet master, his is wise in manipulating the desires and needs of others to achieve his gouls. He would sees every oppurtunity possible and turn it to his advantage. He is the true Sith Lord.

starwarsrules14
We're still discussing it?
Even without Padme, Palps would have found a way. He's a genius like that. He would have found someone else to be his pawn, and dispose of them in the end.

Ballister
Or, could've been so wise that... he used himself as a pawn!!! Or, he could've somehow outsmarted Yoda (may that never happen) and used him as his frog to disect in science class.... (that means used as a pawn, metaphorically speaking.) Maybe, he could've used... Ask Aak. I mean, the guy has three eyes. Surely, that would help in Palpy's master plan.

darthvader_fan
huh?

Ballister
Ask Aak is a gran that's in the senate.

starwarsrules14
Originally posted by Ballister
Ask Aak is a gran that's in the senate.

Ask Aak had one purpose in the movies, to push for the creation of an army. He was a stupid senator who had his priorities in the wrong order. He wasn't smart enough to reallize what was happening in the senate, man he's worse than Jar Jar.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by JKozzy
You can blame Padme for the vote... you can blame Jar-Jar for giving Palps emergency powers, which made the clone army legal.. you could blame Qui-Gon for dying and not training Anakin properly... you can blame Yoda for not seeing the sith, you can blame Mace Windu for not striking fast enough and not sensing anakin, you can blame Anakin for betraying the Jedi, you can blame Obi-wan for keeping him alive, you can blame Palpatine for masterminding the whole plot, you can blame ANYBODY and you don't sound any more intelligent. If Padme weren't around then someone else would've assisted him, and yes, there would've been a Star Wars as we know it.. she's not the end-all-and-be-all. The end.

he said it all. and he's right..

Tangible God
If Padme never existed, there still would have been a Naboo Queen to deal with in the same fashion, and he STILL would have gained power and SW WOULD be just the same.

With exception that Luke and Leia would never have been in his way, and Anakin could not have been turned so easily, maybe not involved at all if he didn't talk to her in Watto's shop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.