Ultimate Namor vs Ultimate Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Alright, this latest issue of Ultimate FF pissed me off. Reed was saying all about how strong Namor supposedly was and that not even Ben could stop him, bu i doubt that. I mean, weakened of not, Namor still went down in one punch against Benjy. And when u think about it, Ben has dealt with Johnny's flames with no problem many times before with no problems at all, while it was actually hurting Namor. Also, in my opinion, these 2 are the top dogs of the Ultimate Universe, so if they really fought both of them going all out who'd win?

DarkCrawler
Did Ben defeat Namor in UFF?

Also, Namor has vunerability to flames because they dry him.

Now, if we discuss about durability, Ben's face went all muffled, because it could not survive in pressure. Meanwhile, Namor was fine. Want me to post the scans?

The Ion
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Want me to post the scans?
I do. big grin

DarkCrawler
Coming right up.

DarkCrawler
Here what happens to Thing when being in the crushing pressures of 6000 feet:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4583/thingnamor34gi.th.gif

Now, you could argue that it was because the sudden pressure change because the thing that adapted his body was removed...

But here we have Namor going from 0 to 12,000 feet in seconds and not suffering. Oh yeah, he is more durable then Abomination too.

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/9911/namorfeat724zw.gif
http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/9374/namorfeat737jo.gif

jrodslam
Originally posted by armandovalles
Alright, this latest issue of Ultimate FF pissed me off. Reed was saying all about how strong Namor supposedly was and that not even Ben could stop him, bu i doubt that. I mean, weakened of not, Namor still went down in one punch against Benjy. And when u think about it, Ben has dealt with Johnny's flames with no problem many times before with no problems at all, while it was actually hurting Namor. Also, in my opinion, these 2 are the top dogs of the Ultimate Universe, so if they really fought both of them going all out who'd win?

laughing laughing

Are youmad because Ultimate Namor is the most powerful meta-human being on the planet?

Namor allowed himself to get captured in order to get the chance to get close to Sue. He also said that if he wanted them dead, they would have been. Talk about bad ass. If you look at the comic again, the flames didnt hurt Namor much at all. Johnny gave him the flames and Namor took it. Then he hit Torch all the way down to a highly flammable ship. It was all a sew up on Namors part.

Oh and incase you didnt read what i said before......

Namor is the most powerful meta-human being on the planet. Stronger that Ultimate Hulk, Thing, Colossus, Thor, Ironman etc. Happy Dance

Tony Stark
Originally posted by jrodslam
laughing laughing

Are youmad because Ultimate Namor is the most powerful meta-human being on the planet?

Namor allowed himself to get captured in order to get the chance to get close to Sue. He also said that if he wanted them dead, they would have been. Talk about bad ass. If you look at the comic again, the flames didnt hurt Namor much at all. Johnny gave him the flames and Namor took it. Then he hit Torch all the way down to a highly flammable ship. It was all a sew up on Namors part.

Oh and incase you didnt read what i said before......

Namor is the most powerful meta-human being on the planet. Stronger that Ultimate Hulk, Thing, Colossus, Thor, Ironman etc. Happy Dance

eek! roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing stick out tongue sick cool laughing

Lucid Lui
I haven't read the issue yet, but from what i've heard Ult. Namor sounds like a complete badass. Who would definately win against Thing.

(nice sig DarkCrawler big grin)

snoopdogg
Ult. Namor is in one issue and everybody thinks he is the baddest motherf*cker in the Ult. universe.

Give it time guys.

snoopdogg
But I will give him some credit if Reed says this.

snoopdogg

joesha28
boy i believe this is one big fight! So looks the Ult heavyweight has it's contenders! Ult Colossus, Ult Thing and now Ult Namor.

joesha28
bump

Wynndar
Namor has been really built up from issue 25. However, I think the tomb of Namor story arc is really about Reed and his intelligence going through the roof. Namor may be tough but I think Reed knows how to give him the business...I even think the whole meta human restraint that Namor broke with ease, was some kind of trick too.

Concerning Namor and Thing, Ult Namor is pretty crazy...he appeared to teleport at one point of the issue. He should be able to beat the Thing but probably not through brute strength, Ult Thing has not shown any weaknes in the categories of strength or durability yet, there is no reason to assume he would be vulnerable to Namor either.

And about the post with Thing under water....so what? The reason it hurt him was because of his recently injured face. The Thing has fought Namor on the bottom of the ocean on numerous occasions. He survived the core of Ego the living planet. He also survived the following planet destroying explosion...challenging his durability is a joke.

Wild Cowboy
NICE SIG DARKCRAWLER !!!!!

jrodslam
Originally posted by Wynndar
Namor may be tough but I think Reed knows how to give him the business...I even think the whole meta human restraint that Namor broke with ease, was some kind of trick too.

It just may happen now that Reed can expand his brain to make himself smarter. However, i think those restraints were the real deal. Maybe Namor is just stronger than the supposed device. It appears Namor was toying with them from the jump.

Concerning Namor and Thing, Ult Namor is pretty crazy...he appeared to teleport at one point of the issue. He should be able to beat the Thing but probably not through brute strength, Ult Thing has not shown any weaknes in the categories of strength or durability yet, there is no reason to assume he would be vulnerable to Namor either.

It wasnt a teleportation. He simply flew. Thats just how fast he is in the Ult. Universe. Namor is known for beating Thing with pure strength. However this IS the Ultimate Universe, and they may give him another tactic, but i doubt it. Thing has not shown to be weak in terms of strength and durability, but he hasnt fought the no.1 meta-human on the planet. For him to fall to Namor by strength would only be natural. Considering how many times he as in the 616 universe.

And about the post with Thing under water....so what? The reason it hurt him was because of his recently injured face. The Thing has fought Namor on the bottom of the ocean on numerous occasions. He survived the core of Ego the living planet. He also survived the following planet destroying explosion...challenging his durability is a joke.

I agree with you about Things injured face. BUT later on in thatr comic Namo went to depths thing couldnt dream of. It was said that it would split his head like a ripe tomato. You are wrong about one thing however. Thing has never fought Namor at the DEEPEST ocean depth. Just because they were fighting on ground level, doesnt mean it was the deepest part. Thing couldnt dream of going to the parts Namor does. He cant match Namor in that durability department.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I haven't read the issue yet, but from what i've heard Ult. Namor sounds like a complete badass. Who would definately win against Thing.

(nice sig DarkCrawler big grin)

Thanks. big grin

Wynndar
It just may happen now that Reed can expand his brain to make himself smarter. However, i think those restraints were the real deal. Maybe Namor is just stronger than the supposed device. It appears Namor was toying with them from the jump.

Yea maybe...but I think as usual in any F4 comic, Namor is going to be used as a plot device for something more important. I think this story arc is meant to reveal something about Reed and his brain. The editors also place emphasis on that thing he was building...the workers referred to it as the 5th member of the F4...and Reed referred to it as him. Additionally, the whole "mind as flexible as his body" thing is a power he has always had in the 616 universe...this is nothing new. About the device and all of Namor's rhetoric about being able to kill them all, it just sounded like typical villain dribble...which is exactly what Namor turned out to be, a villain. Furthermore, thats the same pompous attitude he has in 616... and I have a feeling he will fall to the Ult F4 from this same overconfidence.

It wasnt a teleportation. He simply flew. Thats just how fast he is in the Ult. Universe. Namor is known for beating Thing with pure strength. However this IS the Ultimate Universe, and they may give him another tactic, but i doubt it. Thing has not shown to be weak in terms of strength and durability, but he hasnt fought the no.1 meta-human on the planet. For him to fall to Namor by strength would only be natural. Considering how many times he as in the 616 universe.

Yea he could have been flying really fast, which would makes sense. I just thought it would make more sense for him to be teleporting considering he was holding a 120lb woman when he did; moving a delicate girl at that speed would realistically break her neck.

Namor's not known for beating the Thing ever...let alone by brute strength. He has knocked the Thing down and had lots of little scuffles that didnt result in anything conclusive. Their longest fight was that time the Pirahna had kidnapped Alicia and it was inconclusive.

I agree with you about Things injured face. BUT later on in thatr comic Namo went to depths thing couldnt dream of. It was said that it would split his head like a ripe tomato. You are wrong about one thing however. Thing has never fought Namor at the DEEPEST ocean depth. Just because they were fighting on ground level, doesnt mean it was the deepest part. Thing couldnt dream of going to the parts Namor does. He cant match Namor in that durability department.

hmm...if Namor swims really deep in his own comic book I dont see how that is of any relevance. Its like arguing that Namor has smoother skin than the Thing. So what, thats what he's supposed to do, he's Namor. Thing has survived the center of a planet, and then the following explosion that destroyed it, then he survived unprotected in the vacuum of space!!! yet u keep ignoring this fact!!! Namor has never done anything like that. In an old issue of West Coast Avengers, Namor passed out in an underground battle against a magma monster before She-Hulk, Thor, and Gilgamesh, implying his durability is some place below She Hulks. The Thing can take more punishment than either of them. The only thing I give Namor in this area is he can perform better than the Thing better at the bottom of the ocean, but thats what he's designed and accustomed to do. Its like the Thing bragging about being a better a pilot than Namor. It has little relevance to who would win in a conventional fight. My opinion is that 616 Namor and Thing will typically fight to a draw.

jrodslam
Yea maybe...but I think as usual in any F4 comic, Namor is going to be used as a plot device for something more important. I think this story arc is meant to reveal something about Reed and his brain. The editors also place emphasis on that thing he was building...the workers referred to it as the 5th member of the F4...and Reed referred to it as him. Additionally, the whole "mind as flexible as his body" thing is a power he has always had in the 616 universe...this is nothing new. About the device and all of Namor's rhetoric about being able to kill them all, it just sounded like typical villain dribble...which is exactly what Namor turned out to be, a villain. Furthermore, thats the same pompous attitude he has in 616... and I have a feeling he will fall to the Ult F4 from this same overconfidence.

I have no doubts that Namor may used for something more important. It can also be just to introduce him to the ultimate universe. But i think this 3 story arc is just mainly about Namor. As a whole, they may be trying to develop something for Reed. Namor saying he could kill them does sound like babble in a way. However theres no doubt in my mind that if he really wanted to, he could indeed kill the FF. Mainly Torch and Thing. But he does seem a bit more evil now. I dont think ive ever seen him hit sue. At least not on purpose. Of course hed fall to he FF. They are the good guys and hes the bad. Ofcourse he'll lose.

Yea he could have been flying really fast, which would makes sense. I just thought it would make more sense for him to be teleporting considering he was holding a 120lb woman when he did; moving a delicate girl at that speed would realistically break her neck.

Never use real-life logic to comic logic. wink

Namor's not known for beating the Thing ever...let alone by brute strength. He has knocked the Thing down and had lots of little scuffles that didnt result in anything conclusive. Their longest fight was that time the Pirahna had kidnapped Alicia and it was inconclusive.

Ahh i see you wanna get technical. In that case, i appologize. Namor never ko'd thing. Its just that 90% of the time they fight, Namor has the advantage. Always by brute strength as well. Sometimes Thing is on his ass barely conscious or sometimes Namor is just pounding his ass. Sue, Torch or someone most likely has to step in. But nonetheless, youre right. Namor has never ko'd Thing to the point where Thing is lying on the ground eyes closed and unconscious.

hmm...if Namor swims really deep in his own comic book I dont see how that is of any relevance. Its like arguing that Namor has smoother skin than the Thing. So what, thats what he's supposed to do, he's Namor. Thing has survived the center of a planet, and then the following explosion that destroyed it, then he survived unprotected in the vacuum of space!!! yet u keep ignoring this fact!!! Namor has never done anything like that. In an old issue of West Coast Avengers, Namor passed out in an underground battle against a magma monster before She-Hulk, Thor, and Gilgamesh, implying his durability is some place below She Hulks. The Thing can take more punishment than either of them. The only thing I give Namor in this area is he can perform better than the Thing better at the bottom of the ocean, but thats what he's designed and accustomed to do. Its like the Thing bragging about being a better a pilot than Namor. It has little relevance to who would win in a conventional fight. My opinion is that 616 Namor and Thing will typically fight to a draw.

You dont see the relevance? Thing wanted to go follow Namor to the ocean depths. Thing was told that his body could NOT take the pressure. I think its very relevant considering you said to challenge Things durability would be a joke. You mention him surviving the center of a planet. Ok. You mention him surviving the vacuum of space. So has Hulk, yet he cant even survive the deepest part of the ocean. And Hulk is more durable than Thing, She-Hulk, Thor etc. I guess you get my point. Thing and Namor hardly ever fought to a draw. I cant name a time when they have. Unless you can. Namor always has the advantage.

manjaro
i have sorta been starving myself of ultimate ff cuz im waiting for the TPB but, i think the currect trend in the ultimate U is to make sure all the charcters are class100 straight off the bat, perhaps even beyond. Colossus has already been shown to be way up there by carrying a sub on his shoulders that weighs significantly more than 100tons,

U. Thor is said to be the most powerful meta human on Earth(strentgh belt),

U. Hulk did his thing in great fashion already,

U. juggernaut at first already had his superstrong, virtually unstoppable tagline tho he was a mutant, but now that he has the gem of cytorrak in him,(thanks to gambit charging it up and throwing it at him)he has grown 3 times as strong and about 3 times as large... so much so that his already tight full lentgh jeans, looked like cutoffs the way hulk does his jeans

and upon U.Thing's introduction they showed a utlity Truck slamming into him and flying into the air and he didnt even notice it, also when Sue tested him it turns out that he outputted 7 tons per sqaure inch of pressure in each hand.....and his hands are freaking HUUUGGEE, and how he took down that giant, skyscraper sized monster, and lastly when they visited that 616-like vampire dimension, when the hulk ran up on him Thing said he always wondered if he could take him, then SMMMACCKK hulk was on his ass.

and we all see how they beefed up namor too so at this point its pretty obvious that these 6 for now are the strongest in the ultimate universe...well if you wanna exclude the fact that nick fury's scientists have found a way to increase Pym's formula to make ppl 200 feet tall now, and give them proprtianl strentghbig grin

snoopdogg
Anybody have scans of any Namor/Thing brawls?

Wynndar
Yea...maybe someone can help me out...cuz Ive never seen Namor do what he just described, to the Thing. They fought to a standstill with the Pirahna...Namor punched the Thing and threw him in F4 unlimited...but that wasnt even 616 Namor. Namor and Thing fought in that issue he just posted, and u can see that the fight ended when he removed the parasite that made Thing want to fight in the first place. They fought a few times in their classic battles but that was a class 10 Thing, apparently his superior fighting skills got him through it. Present Thing is way tougher than he was back then and Namor still the same guy.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Anybody have scans of any Namor/Thing brawls?

Brief.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4827/namorvsthingalternate5ms.th.jpghttp://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4237/namorvsthingalternate25rb.th.jpg

jrodslam
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3545/ffreborn19qa.th.jpghttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3451/ffreborn29qo.th.jpg

jrodslam
I dont have anything long and drawn out.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6467/namor502wh.th.jpghttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9840/namor5013vx.th.jpghttp://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2707/namor5025lf.th.jpghttp://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2131/namor5030wp.th.jpg

jrodslam
Thanks to DarkCrawler for these.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9320/thingnamor18sm0id.th.gifhttp://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4700/thingnamor24ts2gy.th.gif

jhrunion
namor would kill the thing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.