Superman Prime vs. A Celestial (Your Pick)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
People seem to think he is on par with Galactus, (doubt it tho) so how would he do against a celestial? Any that you choose.

And no, this isn't a mismatch, at least according to 11inches.

golem370
Exitar swats him like a nat.

thesilverspider
anyone of the celestials would step on his ass

ZephroCarnelian
And you guys can say this because you've seen Superman Prime in....?

You don't know his powers at all.

No-one does, because they've hardly been displayed.

So don't bother saying things like that. smile

UniOmni
Zephro, does that also mean the reverse can't be said as well? That since his powerset hasn't been explored, that he can beat a celestial is not worth bothering to say?? Good for the goose and all that jazz.....

golem370
Kubik is on par with Galactus and Exitar is way more powerful then Kubik.

tiakocom
Originally posted by golem370
Kubik is on par with Galactus and Exitar is way more powerful then Kubik.

not aimed at you...superman is a hero that fanboy are using and ruining his rep

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by UniOmni
Zephro, does that also mean the reverse can't be said as well? That since his powerset hasn't been explored, that he can beat a celestial is not worth bothering to say?? Good for the goose and all that jazz.....

That's exactly what I'm saying, Uni. yes

People don't know his power levels, so there's no way at all for them to say 'Yes - he can beat a celestial' or 'no - he can't.'

Because they simply don't know.

He may only be more powerful than current Superman by a factor of ten - this wouldn't be enough.

He may be more powerful than Pre-Crisis Superman and can sneeze universes out of existence with one nostril.

We don't know.

Therefore what is the point of making Superman Prime threads?

smile

UniOmni
your wisdom is palpatable. I can taste the shame.........So mods, delete my thread. One Mind Over All gives you leave...

Avalonofthewind
Prime is more powerful than a 5th dimensional Superman which is in the Supes Dynasty...which should make him impossibly powerful.

Either way, its not much of a fight to judge.

joesha28
Maybe Supes Prime could do more than Classic Thor did to Exitar. But will be defeated.

Wild Cowboy
Can Mxy beat Exitar ? HELL YEAH !!! Supez Prime can beat a fifthDer !!

UniOmni
Cowboy, no Superman can beat Mxy the imp. He is truly beyond death.
Prime was an exponentially increased superman. I did not realize nesting in the sun would allow him to control reality. Gotta love DC writers huh?

Avalonofthewind
He's a lot more than an exponenentially increased Supes.
Apparently he gained a lot of new powers and understandings in his travels as well.
He only slept in the sun because he felt comfortable with his "heralds" taking care of business across various time and dimensions.

ZephroCarnelian
Cowboy, no Superman can beat Mxy the imp. He is truly beyond death.P

Hmm...

In Superman 335 '79, Myx is messing about in Metropolis.

Supes is mutated by a Kryptonian animal he's been studying.

When Myx turns the Daily Planet into paper and everyone falls out of the sky, Supes saves them and siezes the chance to trick Myx into using his magic to turn Supes back.

By scaring him....

Myx is scared of Supes. Obviously Myx knows something that we don't.

That even an Imp isn't all powerful.

smile

Beyonder
Celestial wins.

Wild Cowboy
That fifthDer I was talkin about wasnt Mxy, tis Supez 1 Mil !!! He's no chicken, he's da leader othe Justice Legion !!!

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Obviously Myx knows something that we don't.

That even an Imp isn't all powerful.

smile
I think Myx knows that in DC, nothing is beyond a punch.

eleveninches
Originally posted by thesilverspider
anyone of the celestials would step on his ass Originally posted by Beyonder
Celestial wins. No way. do you realise how powerful superman prime is?

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I think Myx knows that in DC, nothing is beyond a punch.

Yup! laughing

Space M ummy
Originally posted by eleveninches
No way. do you realise how powerful superman prime is?

Cube beings control and alter reality on at LEAST a planetary scale. (The beyonder was 1/2 a cube being, for reference.)

Celestials are FAR, FAR more powerful than a cube being.

They're still below galactus tho. (galactus absorbed and killed the renegade/dreaming celestial)

the Darkone
Celestial wins

Darth_Erebus
Any of the Celestials would squash any version of Superman.

Beyonder
Originally posted by eleveninches
No way. do you realise how powerful superman prime is?

I realise that Prime needed help resurrecting the dead. And his enemy was Solaris, a living sun.

Do you realise that Prime might not even be Skyfather level? And that Skyfathers are below Cube Beings, who are below Celestials?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Beyonder
I realise that Prime needed help resurrecting the dead. And his enemy was Solaris, a living sun.

Do you realise that Prime might not even be Skyfather level? And that Skyfathers are below Cube Beings, who are below Celestials?

Nowhere in the storyline does it say that Prime needed help with anything. He doesn't even keep the last GL ring.

Solaris having a hate for Superman means nothing towards gauging Primes power levels. Luthor is currently Supermans enemy, doesnt mean he can't crush him easily.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Nowhere in the storyline does it say that Prime needed help with anything. He doesn't even keep the last GL ring.

Ressurecting his wife. Using the GL ring to beat Solaris, a weapon Solaris had not encountered before.

Solaris was owning the heck out the Supes dying nasty and Kryptonite weapon against Prime. He needed the GL ring to beat Solaris.

Avalonofthewind
Ressurecting his wife. Using the GL ring to beat Solaris, a weapon Solaris had not encountered before.

Solaris was owning the heck out the Supes dying nasty and Kryptonite weapon against Prime. He needed the GL ring to beat Solaris.

Wrong. Nowhere did it say that he needed anything to defeat him, and he doesnt even keep the ring.

If you have proof that he needed anything, show it.

UniOmni
Lets just say that Prime can't beat any Celestial, and no Celestial(except Exitar or TOAA) can't beat Prime. We don't know enough about his powers to gauge properly.

golem370
Galactus is not above any Celestial Exitar would beat him like a Mule.

Beyonder
Wrong. Nowhere did it say that he needed anything to defeat him, and he doesnt even keep the ring.

And nowhere did it show him beating Solaris without a GL ring.

the Darkone
Exitar, Dreaming Celestial, One Above All (celestial), Arishem >> superman prime

Juntai
Lets just say that Prime can't beat any Celestial, and no Celestial(except Exitar or TOAA) can't beat Prime. We don't know enough about his powers to gauge properly. There we go.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by golem370
Galactus is not above any Celestial Exitar would beat him like a Mule.

This thread isn't about that but I gotta disagree. Galactus is above Celestials.

Juntai
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
This thread isn't about that but I gotta disagree. Galactus is above Celestials. In purpose and imporance and at full power maybe, but in normal showings he gets foiled by heros often enough. That's probably what they were judging by.

Avalonofthewind
And nowhere did it show him beating Solaris without a GL ring.

Which means what exactly? Nothing.
1 move crush, drops the ring. If he needed it, he would have kept it.

Like many have said, no real way to judge this.
If Prime really is more powerful than a full blooded imp supes, then he crushes any celestial. Period.
The world will never know.

UniOmni
Avalone, when was it stated that Prime was more powerful than a full blooded imp?? Superman 1 Million isn't a full blooded imp, remember?
He is at the end of a line of Superman descendents. Through time and Bloodline dilution, he may not compare to any full imp like say Mxy. Gotta remember that the farther one gets from the original primal source, the weaker the line grows. I don't buy that Prime is stronger than any imp, seeing as how Mxy is beyond death, and thats something Superman never conquered. He may outsmart Mxy(though i believe thats just so Mxy can have fun), but i doubt any version is more high powered than him.

The Ion
They said Prime was the most powerful of his dynasty which included a full blooded Imp. That's the one who helped him recreate Lois. 1 Million is half imp.

UniOmni
Then that makes no sense. Once i marry a white woman(i'm black), nobody from the resulting dynasty can be considered full anything, if they don't marry into the family. See my point? Its genetically impossible. A full blooded imp cannot claim blood ties with Superman. And if you disagree, please explain your reasoning.

The Ion
He or she doesn't carry the bloodline. He's an imp who took on the Superman title. At least this is the way I took it.

UniOmni
Until they clarify whether they're an imp who took on the mantle of Superman, or is of the bloodline, i won't believe that Superman Prime is more powerful than any imp. Sorry. Too much of those comics were hyperbole.

Wild Cowboy
DUDE< its a HALF IMP !!!

Avalonofthewind
Avalone, when was it stated that Prime was more powerful than a full blooded imp?? Superman 1 Million isn't a full blooded imp, remember?
He is at the end of a line of Superman descendents. Through time and Bloodline dilution, he may not compare to any full imp like say Mxy. Gotta remember that the farther one gets from the original primal source, the weaker the line grows. I don't buy that Prime is stronger than any imp, seeing as how Mxy is beyond death, and thats something Superman never conquered. He may outsmart Mxy(though i believe thats just so Mxy can have fun), but i doubt any version is more high powered than him.

I'm not talking about Superman 1M, I'm talking about LZYXM LTPKZ which is a 5th dimension Superman. 2 completely separate characters. Prime is said to be by far the most powerful of the whole dynasty.

Good bio on 1m though, I'm sure that will be handy to others.

Maestro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_One_Million

UniOmni
I'm not talking about Superman 1M, I'm talking about LZYXM LTPKZ which is a 5th dimension Superman. 2 completely separate characters. Prime is said to be by far the most powerful of the whole dynasty.

Good bio on 1m though, I'm sure that will be handy to others.

If he isn't related to Prime by blood, then by the definition of dynasty, he isn't included. A dynasty is connected by blood. No full blooded imp can claim relation to Superman. Like i said, DC 1 Million was too much confusion and hyperbole. How can any being from this dimension be more powerful than anybody from the 5th d, who can control anything in this universe on a whim?? Like i said, hyperbole. Just like Superman saying that MM is more powerful than him. DC makes its rules, then disregards them. Unless you think Prime = galactus.
And newayz, the thread is about Prime vs. Celestials. And i put celestials = Imps.

Avalonofthewind
If he isn't related to Prime by blood, then by the definition of dynasty, he isn't included. A dynasty is connected by blood. No full blooded imp can claim relation to Superman. Like i said, DC 1 Million was too much confusion and hyperbole. How can any being from this dimension be more powerful than anybody from the 5th d, who can control anything in this universe on a whim?? Like i said, hyperbole. Just like Superman saying that MM is more powerful than him. DC makes its rules, then disregards them. Unless you think Prime = galactus.
And newayz, the thread is about Prime vs. Celestials. And i put celestials = Imps.

All very good reasons, but the 5th dimension doesnt follow our 3rd dimensional rules. It is still stated that the 5th dimensional imp is in the dynasty, and that prime is the most powerful. So it should be assumed that he is.

Hyperbole? Maybe...but in comics most things are.

guy222
Scathan, Tiamut, Arishem or Exitar destroy Prime

Larceny
No contest.

Sirius77
Until they clarify whether they're an imp who took on the mantle of Superman, or is of the bloodline, i won't believe that Superman Prime is more powerful than any imp. Sorry. Too much of those comics were hyperbole.

Seeing as they all draw power from him, its quite feasible. And the fact that it was stated on panel doesnt hurt either. smile

Sirius77

Unless a superman married an imp, then thier child married an imp, and then every member of that line married ONLY imps until superman-prime got out of the sun. That would make him as good as full blooded imp. The kryptonian blood would be mnonexistant.

tkitna
Any of the Celestials should beat Prime

Sirius77
Realistically, even if superman-prime has only the power of half an imp, that is still more than enough to destroy a celestial. Way more than enough.

lando005
this is getting old fast. Sure prime is powerful but he's still limited he has a static set of powers which can be worked around and out prefromed. Any celestial would stomp him into super paste, and that's only if they feel he's worth the time.

Sirius77
How can you say that about a character with next to no feats?

Sirius77
Its funny how people see superman and celestial in the same sentence and dont even take into account that he has no feats and automatically say that he gets pwned.

lando005
Originally posted by Sirius77
Its funny how people see superman and celestial in the same sentence and dont even take into account that he has no feats and automatically say that he gets pwned. because we are taking a character with realtively speaking limited abilities and sticking him up against a being with vast enough powers to rival a well fed galactus

Sirius77
Originally posted by lando005
because we are taking a character with realtively speaking limited abilities and sticking him up against a being with vast enough powers to rival a well fed galactus

A limited number of feats? We havent seen him do anything, so how can so be so presumptuous as to even make a conclusion?

I said that IF in fact superman-prime did have the power of half an imp, that would be enough to beat a celestial. I never claimed that he did. I only implied that he MIGHT. I have not made a conclusion because I dont have enough information yet to do so. Earlier I thought that we were talking about countdown superman-prime.

lando005
A limited number of feats? We havent seen him do anything, so how can so be so presumptuous as to even make a conclusion?

I said that IF in fact superman-prime did have the power of half an imp, that would be enough to beat a celestial. I never claimed that he did. I only implied that he MIGHT. I have not made a conclusion because I dont have enough information yet to do so. Earlier I thought that we were talking about countdown superman-prime. what are you talking about i didn't say anything about feats

iceman24567
This is crazy we all know he solos the whole Celestial race and Chuck Norris.

lando005
Originally posted by iceman24567
This is crazy we all know he solos the whole Celestial race and Chuck Norris. nobody solos Chuck Norris except for Mr T. and Bruce Lee

Terryc250
SMP is on par with Galactus? ROFL, so Superman Prime is able to make heralds like Silver Surfer etc??

Soljer
Originally posted by Terryc250
SMP is on par with Galactus? ROFL, so Superman Prime is able to make heralds like Silver Surfer etc??

1. Versatility is not power.

2. No.

Sirius77
Originally posted by lando005
what are you talking about i didn't say anything about feats

My bad, I probably got this thread confused with another one. But I still dont see how someone that is over an imp would loose to a celestial.

Mr. Slippyfist
How can you say that about a character with next to no feats? Originally posted by Sirius77
Its funny how people see superman and celestial in the same sentence and dont even take into account that he has no feats and automatically say that he gets pwned. Originally posted by Sirius77
My bad, I probably got this thread confused with another one. But I still dont see how someone that is over an imp would loose to a celestial.

Sirius77
What?

Tommy05
What? I am sorry but lol.

Mr. Slippyfist
What? Superman Prime went from having no feats to being above an imp in less than a page...

Doom and Gloom
Doesn't matter which Celestial, Prime dies.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Superman Prime went from having no feats to being above an imp in less than a page...

I was saying if he was above an imp, then he would win.

Mr. Slippyfist
I was saying if he was above an imp, then he would win. Originally posted by Sirius77
But I still dont see how someone that is over an imp would loose to a celestial.

Violent2Dope
Oh please, I could beat a Celestial, just kick it in the nads.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

My implication was IF he was an imp. I didnt realize that you hung on my every word like that. Ill have to watch my implications.

So, to clear things up, I dont know if Superman-prime (the gold one) is over an imp. That ONE statement that I made was made with the understanding that IF he was an imp this would happen. So, until he shows feats to prove this claim, then I really dont have anything to say on the matter. But IF he was stronger than an imp, then he would win. So, with that said, I really dont see the point of the thread if people cant even mention "what if" scenarios.

guy222
Ziran the Tester

http://i102.imagethrust.com/t/910396/eternals1908.jpg http://i105.imagethrust.com/t/910397/eternals1909.jpg http://i113.imagethrust.com/t/910398/eternals1917.jpg

Terryc250
Most likely the celestial would win

Even if Superman Prime was as powerful as Pre-crisis Superman, Pre-Crisis superman at best did galaxy damage, Odin was able to blow up many galaxies easily and even create a galaxy, but still couldn't do squat to a celestial.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Terryc250
Most likely the celestial would win

Even if Superman Prime was as powerful as Pre-crisis Superman, Pre-Crisis superman at best did galaxy damage, Odin was able to blow up many galaxies easily and even create a galaxy, but still couldn't do squat to a celestial.

Yeah and SMP has survived the destruction of a universe.

Bentley
So did the Fury shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.