Vote for ROTS for best movie for Peoples Choice Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
http://www.pcavote.com/

GO VOTE!

InfiniteDY
Ooh... if you are referring to question 9 of 11, that is a tough one

Batman Begins vs Star Wars

eek!

Ast
How did Hitch end up in there? no expression

I voted Batman Begins, thats right, bring it. evil face

DeVi| D0do
Batman Begins. Hands down.

InfiniteDY
I did too... Star Wars is over... it doesn't need any more publicity... Batman could stand some further positive words.

yes

Edit: And how did Chicken Little end up as Favorite Family Movie? It's only been out a few weeks... confused

starwarsrules14
I voted Star Wars, only because I am a freak.

Voted Green Day though!

DeVi| D0do
Worst. Nominees. Ever.

InfiniteDY
I. Agree.

(I broke even... I gave Star Wars my favorite movie vote since I voted for Batman as best drama)

JKozzy
Favorite Reality TV Show? I want a "none" option... ffs...

but I'm done.

Jedi Priestess
Yes you had 2 chances to vote for ROTS so you BB peeps could have given it one of your votes ya TRAITORS! stick out tongue

and actually it was people logging in and voting that determined the noms

Ast
They voted to see who could be voted for? no expression

Jedi Priestess
If memory serves they post the top however many number in each cat and then peeps vote to narrow it down to get the final nominations.

chinabing
Star Wars'll win. It's the biggest movie of the year, and this is a popularity contest. "Batman"? They couldn't even get the batmobile right.

chinabing
Oh and I loved at the end it said "Come back tomorrow and vote again!"

I love web polls!

Jedi Priestess
OK see my memory is shot ~this is how it went last year, not sure if they went back to Gallup this year or not.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Worst. Nominees. Ever.

i second that

chinabing
So this web poll is meaningless... they don't win "best pic" even if they win the contest? What is the point?

InfiniteDY
Originally posted by chinabing
Star Wars'll win. It's the biggest movie of the year, and this is a popularity contest. "Batman"? They couldn't even get the batmobile right.

I strongly disagree... I think it has never been more right in a Batman movie! smile

Have you even seen Batman Begins? (somehow I doubt it laughing out loud )

Jedi Priestess
So this web poll is meaningless... they don't win "best pic" even if they win the contest? What is the point?

no no, this thing you vote on determines the winner. What I posted earlier in the quote was how the noms are selected.

darthvader_fan
the best TV show was definatly Prison Break

chinabing
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
no no, this thing you vote on determines the winner. What I posted earlier in the quote was how the noms are selected.

So they're relying on a notoriously inaccurate Internet poll to select the winner of a major Hollywood award? Aye-yi-yi. Give it back to Gallup, please and let some real pollsters do the work.

chinabing
Originally posted by InfiniteDY
I strongly disagree... I think it has never been more right in a Batman movie! smile

Have you even seen Batman Begins? (somehow I doubt it)

So because I disagree with the styling of that tank they called the Batmobile you think I didn't see the movie? Nice assumption, Carnac.

And I don't really like the new snaggle-toothed Kong either, and all I saw was a preview. So what?

Master Naresh
i'll vote for star wars but i ain't too sure

Ken Kenobi
So they're relying on a notoriously inaccurate Internet poll to select the winner of a major Hollywood award? Aye-yi-yi. Give it back to Gallup, please and let some real pollsters do the work.

Should I spell it out for you?

P E O P L E S CHOICE!

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by Master Naresh
i'll vote for star wars but i ain't too sure WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY!!! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKIN

STAR WARS SHOULD WIN PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD

Stun
The fact that Star Wars TRUELY got back on track this year will win the people's choice award

chinabing
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Should I spell it out for you?

P E O P L E S CHOICE!

Yes, duh, let the people choose, however, let pollsters ask the questions so the people can't vote time and time again and skew the results.

Internet polls are ridiculous.

Darth Orcus
Well I voted for "Revenge of the Sith"...

...however, having said that - I loved the "Batman Begins" Batmobile. In fact I thought it was waaaay better than any batmobile seen before. I gotta get me one of those! cool

Jedi Priestess
And it's tonight! I just saw George Lucas in the audience, hopefully ROTS will win. yes

CBright7831
What channel?

Jedi Priestess
CBS

Jedi Priestess
YEAH REVENGE OF THE SITH WON FAVORITE MOVIE!!!!! party Happy Dance

Ast
disgust

Damn SW geeks.

Jedi Priestess
Hush Captain Cranky, its prolly the only damn award it will get this year. stick out tongue I suspect Batman Begins will win for best dramatic movie so you can rejoice then.yes

CBright7831
They announced ROTS also won Favorite Drama.

Jedi Priestess
No that was favorite movie promotion I thought?.

Jedi Priestess
Nope guess not, you were right. I missed it being announced.

sithsaber408
Yup!! yes

Episode Three takes home honors for both Movie of the year and drama of the year. (as already posted by our own JP and CBright)

Didn't it also win the Hollywood something or other awards?
(I think I read it on sw.com, another fan voting award show, only more minor than PCA)

Passion of the Christ got the same awards last year and was snubbed at the oscars, so my expectations are still iffy.

Wouldn't it be cool to see it get nominated in more than just technical catagories? smile

Anywhoo.... we won this one, that's what counts!!
Happy Dance smokin' rolling on floor laughing beer

sithsaber408
By the by...

Did anyone see how 'ol GL got a little choked up?

Seriously, it was kinda sweet... hearing him say that the critics dont care much for him, and that he's not that well liked in the industry either, but that starwars is for JUST US!!

Right on Mr. Lucas, and thank you. rock

Mišt
Ohh......Favorite movie....I was thinking Best movie or something, cause theres no way it should get Best.....

What nominees were in the Drama category? I wouldnt've have picked ROTS to get a drama award blink

Ah..People's Choice....I should really read things first....

Well who cares then....

exanda kane
Wohoah! But the film wasn't even good.

It doesn't deserve any awards apart from a Razzie.

Jedi Priestess

exanda kane
Batman Begins was actually a decent film, RotS doesnn't fall under that category.

I don't know many people who enjoyed it.....

Darth Sadistic
Originally posted by exanda kane
Batman Begins was actually a decent film, RotS doesnn't fall under that category.

I don't know many people who enjoyed it.....

I loved ROTS.

exanda kane
lol

Stun
Rots was awesome - for all the people that voted, it's a clear indication that many people enjoyed it, and i generally think overall as a series, Star Wars is much more popular than Batman

overlord
Oh snap! So I should've voted for most popular movie instead of the best one IMO!
I'm such an idiot! stick out tongue

exanda kane
Your quite right there, although lets not turn this into another anti-PT thread.

Both movies are from big franchises, and both franchises have been suffering over recent years; well only idiots enjoyed the PT (joke!), and lets face it, the last two Batman films were awful.

So what film freshens up the franchise better?

RotS; the end of the SW film franchise (or so were told) and all in all, not a bad movie, yet its reliance on CGI, underwhelming and inconstant actors and performances and it's comparisons with the OT, not to mention the huge limitations of making prequels (we know how lives, who dies). On the upside it has some nice design ideas (not including Grievous; eugh!), some nice set pieces and a whole lotta nostalgia.

Or....

Batman Begins; Having to darken up Gotham City a bit, after Kilmer and Clooney's last outings as the caped crusader turned into ahomo-erotic icon in both Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. Chris Nolan has gone back to basics, creatingan intelligent script, a good story, a new batmobile that actually looks practical, reigning in an excellent Bruce Wayne with Christian Bale, added Morgan Freeman in there somewhere (always works), and managed to keep hold of Micheal Cane so he doesnt over do things. On the slight downside, it does feel like a big blockbuster and not a lot more unless you get into the comics. It does lack a certain epic, magic, mythic thingme-jig.

DeVi| D0do
Star Wars has a greater audience for sure, you just have to look at the box office numbers to see that. Many people had given up on Batman altogether, and while many would have been put off of Star Wars from the last two movies... well, come on... it's STAR WARS! And the last one ever! I think people were seeing this as a sort of cinematic event, a culmination of something truly grande, something that would go down in the books no matter how good the final product was and they wanted in on it... or maybe that was just me.

But there's also the fact that SW has a much greater internet-geek fanbase meaning, because the votes were tabulated from an online poll, it was bound to get more votes.

Cascador
yeah but in the mean time lord of the rings fans are bitching around that ROTK made more money, altho with inflation A new hope made more.

Ast
batman

exanda kane
No one but Ast, well it looks that way, answered my question.

What do you think has done the best in terms of rescuing the franchise, Revenge of the Sith or Batman? And I'm not talking about financially, I mean as in common interest.

Ast
I dont think Star Wars needed as much of a rescue as Batman. I think Batman did all it needed to do for the franchise and more, while SW simply improved on the last 2 films without returning to what it once was with ANH and ESB.

Darth Zhin
Batman Begins: the best film of the year (Action / adbventure of course)

ROTS: one of the best films of the year.

and once again: AST IS RIGHT

Ast
Originally posted by Darth Zhin
and once again: AST IS RIGHT

Twice in under 24 hours!!!! Happy Dance

Darth Zhin

exanda kane
Yeah you are right Ast about 'not needing rescuing', however what if RotS had been as dire as TPM and AotC, then the PT would have been a huge joke.

To have two trilogies as part of one saga, and have one saga excellent, mind blowing and emotive and another bland, lacking in story and emotion....the comparisons would have been horrid.

Jedi Priestess
Sweetheart, you referring to TPM and ATOC as "dire" is silly. As I stated before, the majority of the movie going public doesnt sit around like the rest of us geeks fine combing everything out of a film. They go and if they are entertained, thats all that matters to them. EVERY single Star Wars movie was entertaining the the MAJORITY to of the public. Definitely NOT to the "geekdom" but to the public they were. The amount of money they hauled in provides the proof and absolutely nothing can change that.

exanda kane
Sweetheart, you referring to TPM and ATOC as "dire" is silly. As I stated before, the majority of the movie going public doesnt sit around like the rest of us geeks fine combing everything out of a film. They go and if they are entertained, thats all that matters to them. EVERY single Star Wars movie was entertaining the the MAJORITY to of the public. Definitely NOT to the "geekdom" but to the public they were. The amount of money they hauled in provides the proof and absolutely nothing can change that.

Actually mother dearest you are wrong. The ordinary public do not necessarily enjoy the PT, if anything it's the other way round. Have you ever noticed how 'ordinary' people refer to the PT as 'oh, yeah the new ones....not very good are they', they do not give a satisfying response including details about how cool something is, e.g. Han Solo or Obi-Wan's mullet, or anything else generic like that (reason they wouldn't give a deeper response is that SW is not really multi-layered).

I'm always concered why most of the SW fans enjoy the PT as much as they do, looking at it through a fanboyish perspective, while i and a few others just look at it for what it is, a film.

DeVi| D0do
Sweetheart, you referring to TPM and ATOC as "dire" is silly. As I stated before, the majority of the movie going public doesnt sit around like the rest of us geeks fine combing everything out of a film. They go and if they are entertained, thats all that matters to them. EVERY single Star Wars movie was entertaining the the MAJORITY to of the public. Definitely NOT to the "geekdom" but to the public they were. The amount of money they hauled in provides the proof and absolutely nothing can change that. The fact that the movie performed well at the box office does not reflect directly on the satisfaction of the 'general public'. Like I said earlier these aren't mere films, they are part of cinematic history. Some people would have just gone to see them because of that (particularly episode I). And fanboys who went to see the film more than once also would have had a major influence on the BO numbers...

I agree with exanda, most (if not ALL) people I've talked about the movies with who aren't die-hard SW fans dont think much of the 'new ones'.

sithsaber408
"I agree with exanda, most (if not ALL) people I've talked about the movies with who aren't die-hard SW fans dont think much of the 'new ones'."-- DevilDodo

Not so fast my friend.

Both of my parents (ages 49 and 48) saw the OT in theatres, and I was an infant sitting in JEDI. (im 23 in feb., but I still grew up on the OT)

My parents, unlike myself, are not geeks, die-hard fans, or anything else.

They watch extreme home makeover. They like Shawshank Redemption,(together), When Harry Met Sally (mom), and The Magnificent Seven (dad).

I saw the PT with both of them (divorced), and they both liked all of them. Revenge of the Sith was one of the few times I saw my 'ol pops actually get misty eyed at a movie.

I loved the PT, all mistakes to the side, and I can tell you that many older folks (I met in a job at a gas station while in school) age 35-55 really enjoyed the hell out of episode 3.

Not many regular moviegoers think that starwars is "dire" (you tell 'em JP!!), most watched SITH and were blown away by it.

As was I.

It was : Movie of the year (dont know about drama of the year though) cool

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by sithsaber408
"I agree with exanda, most (if not ALL) people I've talked about the movies with who aren't die-hard SW fans dont think much of the 'new ones'."-- DevilDodo

Not so fast my friend.

I saw the PT with both of them (divorced), and they both liked all of them. Revenge of the Sith was one of the few times I saw my 'ol pops actually get misty eyed at a movie.

I loved the PT, all mistakes to the side, and I can tell you that many older folks (I met in a job at a gas station while in school) age 35-55 really enjoyed the hell out of episode 3.
Which is why I said "most people I've talked to...". I'm not claiming that the people I've spoken to represent ALL the rest of the general public...

Not many regular moviegoers think that starwars is "dire" (you tell 'em JP!!), most watched SITH and were blown away by it.
How can you say that? Have you asked everybody in the world how much they liked the films? I sincerely doubt it.

Ast
After seeing a few of your recent post Dodo, I think you need to go back to that old sig I made you. stick out tongue

DeVi| D0do
Lol. I think you're right...

*changes profile*

Ahh, that's better. big grin

Ast
Awesome. big grin

I honestly forgot what it said exactly. stick out tongue

sithsaber408
Which is why I said "most people I've talked to...". I'm not claiming that the people I've spoken to represent ALL the rest of the general public...

How can you say that? Have you asked everybody in the world how much they liked the films? I sincerely doubt it.

First quote: Ok, fair enough. My apologies friend.

2nd: Same deal. I was only speaking of my experiences, which are:

In the opening week, I was working morning shift at the gas station (6a.m.-2p.m.) coffee and doughnuts, all that... anyway I saw 35-40 people EACH MORNING for that week, and, (being the unflappable starwars fanboy) I talked to them all about Episode III.

Nobody thought it blew, nobody thought it or ep1 or 2 was "dire" wink
and most liked it.

Quite a few said it was "awesome" I heard alot of "the best one yet" etc.... so, in my experiences, I can say that most people liked it and that they liked it just as well as the OT, and that it deserved the Best Movie of the Year award.

But, I respect your opinion; I was only offering mine in contrast, I cant impress my thoughts onto you or put you in my little world(...after all, I'M not the president of Lucasfilm) laughing

Stun
rots is feckin awesome - period!

Darth Zhin
yep, this is getting tiresome...

I mean this "Gosh!, lets bash the PT to shreds!!!" tipe of thing

DeVi| D0do
Who's bashing the PT?

In the opening week, I was working morning shift at the gas station (6a.m.-2p.m.) coffee and doughnuts, all that... anyway I saw 35-40 people EACH MORNING for that week, and, (being the unflappable starwars fanboy) I talked to them all about Episode III.This is why I can't stand fanboys... stick out tongue

But, I respect your opinion; I was only offering mine in contrast, I cant impress my thoughts onto you or put you in my little world(...after all, I'M not the president of Lucasfilm) laughing Fair enough. smile

Darth Zhin

Ast
I love the PT, I especially love ROTS, but I love Batman Begins more. stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
I'm always concered why most of the SW fans enjoy the PT as much as they do, looking at it through a fanboyish perspective, while i and a few others just look at it for what it is, a film.

Actually babycakes, mwah1 I view all SIX of them as just films. Someone mentioned that the people they talked with who werent die hard Star Wars fans didnt think much of the new ones. Most people who arent Star Wars fans dont think that much of ANY of them. Hence the "geekdom" term, and why you will see a geek portrayed on television etc wearing some Star Wars or Star Trek get up. I love them to death, but they arent the second coming and thats how precisely many here view Star Wars stuff period. Of course thats probably why I could care less what color Palpatines robes are, or that Lucas has really bad screenwriting skills. It's just a movie folks, and every one of us here qualifies as a "geek", or we wouldnt be here at all. yes

Stun
Rots deserved those two awards - period, and do i give a dam what anyone else thinks? ofcoarse notno expression

Darth Zhin
Damm right! (althoug Bats was better still "Damm right!"wink

Ast
Originally posted by Darth Zhin
Damm right! (althoug Bats was better still "Damm right!"wink

Damn right. big grin

darthvader_fan
ditto

Jedi Priestess
See I think thats a matter of taste. Batman Begins was excellent, but ROTS is better to me because I'd been waiting 27 damn years for the movie. laughing out loud Really tho, what other movie has anyone else been this involved in? Altho to be perfectly honest, I would have given best dramatic movie to Cinderella Man. Oh and one last thing and I know Im going to get stoned for it but, to me Michael Keaton is Batman.

Darth Zhin

Ast
to me Michael Keaton is Batman.

To me, Michael Keaton is Beetlejuice. laughing out loud

Darth Zhin
Originally posted by Ast

Damm Right!!!! laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Ast

that too, and Mr. Mom laughing out loud

preysin
ast and dodo are iditos for votin for batman

Rots wins Happy Dance smokin'Happy Dance

Ast
Originally posted by preysin

**** you.

Im not a blind fanboy who goes around trying to suck on GL's dick. I love ROTS, but I dont have to call it best movie because its SW, and because its not the best.

Jedi Priestess

so not cool nono

Darth Zhin

preysin
Originally posted by Ast
**** you.

Im not a blind fanboy who goes around trying to suck on GL's dick. I love ROTS, but I dont have to call it best movie because its SW, and because its not the best.

then why you trash rots then???????? and it is the best! the awards SAID SO! THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ast
then why you trash rots then???????? and it is the best! the awards SAID SO! THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Point out where I ****ing trashed it.

An internet poll on some second rate award show doesnt change shit. Especially when the voting is done by people like you.

preysin
whatever

if you dont like rots then go somewhere else. this is for the fans. rots wins Happy Dance

Ast
I ****ing love ROTS you *******, but enjoying other movies more doesnt make me a non fan, it makes me ****ing normal.

Darth Zhin

preysin
so you sayin people who like rots are not normal? who is being a **** now? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ast
so you sayin people who like rots are not normal? who is being a **** now? roll eyes (sarcastic)

For the millionth time...

Originally posted by Ast
I ****ing love ROTS you *******

Worshipping the movie and hating everything else in the world isnt normal you dick.

DeVi| D0do

Originally posted by Ast
**** you.

Yeah, what he said ^.

preysin
STFU AST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM DONE WITH YOU! I DIDNT CAME HER TO FIGHT1

IF YOU LIKE ROTS THEN YOU ARE A TRUE FAN THATS ALL IM SAYIN NOW LEAVE ME ALONE A GO AWAY BYE1

Ast
STFU! IM DONE WITH YOU! I DIDNT CAME HER TO FIGHT1

Then dont come in calling me an idiot for liking a movie that doesnt have wookies.

Shouldnt you be jerking off to an autographed GL portrait right about now anyway?

DeVi| D0do
Lol. You really are a moron, preysin. Your logic is that if I don't think ROTS is the greatest movie ever made I can't be a 'true fan'. You're deluded.

preysin
im not a moron! but im sick of the fake fans sayin they are fans and put other movies above episode III. if you like it you dont whine! and yes! i dont take back what i said. plenty of poeple agree with me

DeVi| D0do
if you like it you dont whine!
Which is exactly what you are doing...

preysin
i wasnt whinin that was ast and you roll eyes (sarcastic)

DeVi| D0do
Nah, we're just trying to knock some sense into you... but to no avail.

If you call yourself a true fan of Episode III then why is your sig a picture of Episode I? YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN! FAKE FAN! FAKE FAN! FAKE FAN!

preysin
im sayin the same thing to you as as i like said to ast
i didnt came here to figh and im done with you
and i been wantin a rots sig but no one has make me oneroll eyes (sarcastic)
and i also like darth maul whats wrong with that? dont answer go join ast in worhsipin king kong and harry poter movies

Darth Zhin
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Ast
and i also like darth maul whats wrong with that? dont answer go join ast in worhsipin king kong and harry poter movies

Like I said, we are normal, we dont worship any movie.

Darth Zhin

Mišt
im not a moron! but im sick of the fake fans sayin they are fans and put other movies above episode III. if you like it you dont whine! and yes! i dont take back what i said. plenty of poeple agree with me

Dude, I like Star Wars. But movie wise, what I saw onscreen in ROTS, was not as good as what I saw onscreen in other movies. Other movies had better acting, better CGI, better potrayal of characters. This doesnt mean ROTS was shit though, you can nominate Ian for best actor if you want, but I saw better performances.

Im not blindly supporting Batman because Im obsessed with the franchise, hell no, Im supporting it because of the way it was made. It wasnt needed as a movie, like ROTS was, but it managed to completely write off the other movies in the franchise anyway.

Just out of curiosity, what movies did you see in 05?

DeVi| D0do
and i also like darth maul whats wrong with that?
What's wrong with that? How can you say ROTS is your favourite movie but have a pic of TPM in your sig? YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN! TRAITOR!

go join ast in worhsipin king kong and harry poter movies
I don't much care for Harry Potter, actually. But I'd take Kong over ROTS any day...

Ast

I don't much care for Harry Potter, actually. But I'd take Kong over ROTS any day...

Flip-flop that for me. stick out tongue

preysin
this is my last word
if youare a fan of rots and of star wars then you are a true fan
if you dont like rots and put other movies above then you are not a true fan
all you guys do is trash rots and think is cool to say other movies are beter
and normal means nothin a true fan doesnt care for other movies
this is the rots fourm if you want to talk how better other movies are then go somewere else this STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ast
this is my last word
this is the rots fourm if you want to talk how better other movies are then go somewere else this STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTHER MOVIES ARE BETTER!!!

Is SW the only 6 DVDs you own?

Darth Zhin

preysin

DeVi| D0do
this is my last word
I DO like ROTS... I just don't think it's the best movie ever made. It's not even the best film of the year. I don't just come on here to trash ROTS, I enjoy talking about the film in a positive way and have done so many times since the movie has been released. This is a thread about ROTS going up against other films... discussion on how it compares to these other films is warranted here.

preysin
Originally posted by Ast
OTHER MOVIES ARE BETTER!!!

Is SW the only 6 DVDs you own?

NO i like harry potter movies but i dont like the last two. and im no longer a fan. i aslo like the matrix and since there no goin to be anoter movie i move with star wars and star wars for me was way better.

Darth Zhin

Mišt
this is my last word

Preysin, please stop trying to sound ignorant! See how many people are even listening to what your saying?

And from your posts, you like ROTS because of Star Wars, not because of the actual movie, which is what it is....a movie. And there are other movies out there....and yes, better ones.

What I want you to do, is go watch a couple of movies other people in this thread have suggested. If you become any less of a fan for watching them and actually liking them, I'll nail my nuts to my head.

preysin
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346423&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=32

votes dont lie

good night to the true fans starwars

Darth Zhin

InfiniteDY
Ranking movies is extremely overrated... opinions change and shift over time and what one person pulls from a movie may be completely different from what another person does.

That being said, I enjoyed Batman Begins a lot. I feel that Christian Bale was VERY MUCH the best Batman...

The thing that set Begins apart from the other Batman movies was the fact that it felt like Batman's story and was realistic. In all of the other Batman movies, the villains had more emphasis and stole the show. Also, the carnival atmosphere was somewhat distracting. erm

There was also an unusual feeling to the movie that is hard to explain and put my finger on... it left soooo much open and so much to look forward to in further installments... it was the beginning of something great! cool

I was never as hyped for a movie as I was for Revenge Of The Sith. I don't think I ever will be again... but I think that speaks more for the power of the Star Wars Saga as a whole than it does for this one movie... the fact that the others had such an effect on me that I felt that I HAD to see the one where the sh*t hit the fan, so to speak. eek! I enjoyed Episode III very much... it was very surreal to see it all come together... it was the ending of something great! cool

-----

DY's Infinitely Final Thoughts:

Revenge Of The Sith was more important to me, but Batman Begins was the better movie. thumbup1

Mišt
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346423&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=32

votes dont lie

Ok let me ask you another question based off Ep3/Batman.

What exactly about ROTS makes you love it? The fact that its Star Wars and we all love Star Wars? Or because movie wise, its better.

What exactly is it about Batman that makes you hate it so much more than Star Wars movie wise?

Your opinion is completely your own, but seeing as you're going about this in a biased one sided way, Im wondering why you keep suggesting that everyone else who thinks differently is wrong and not a fan.

Revenge Of The Sith was more important to me, but Batman Begins was the better movie. thumbup1

Amen brother! cool

Texansfan05
I enjoyed both movies and just because someone likes Batman Begins more then ROTS doesn't mean they are not a fan of ROTS. I liked ROTS more though it was a great way to wrap up the story IMO. But like several people here have said Batman Begins was incredible.

InfiniteDY
They have a lot of common themes actually. wink

Mišt
The main thing that gets me about ROTS though, is a lot of the CGI. Too many times I could pick out where they had opted for CGI characters or whatever and it distracted me from the actual story. Theres parts in almost all the duels that have a bad CGI area, or bad scripting, or bad acting that lets down the feel of it. And then the love scenes, damn, even Harry Potter had better love scenes, and they were just teenagers acting!

It felt like GL was concentrating more on giving fans an eye candy filled 2 hours, than actually paying attention to what we were supposed to be looking for in the story. When you look at minor problems like Palpatine and Obi Wan/Anakin switching sabers mid-fight, although they are picky problems, they shouldnt even be there in the first place. If GL has to rewrite his script while shooting to make the story sound better, or whatever, and doesnt clean up problems, he's not doing it properly.

GL kept changing his script so much to accomodate new ideas, his story was chopped up and let down. None of the other blockbusters felt like this.

Bloody hell Im ranting way too much.

DeVi| D0do
But it was a good rant... big grin

Agree with everything. Had the movie not relied so much on the VFX the bad ones would have been excusable... but the movie just isn't strong enough for that to happen.

InfiniteDY
I hated those short-fat aliens on Utapau that went to fuel Obi-Wan's ship. WTF was GL thinking!!!

§cooter
YEAH REVENGE OF THE SITH WON FAVORITE MOVIE!!!!! party Happy Dance w000000t0tttt!!!1 I l000v3 Aaron Carter!!!!

KENobi™

I love Star Wars, but for me other movies top ROTS this year.

Sure Star Wars made more money, but that's because of the fanbase. Personally I saw it 3 times in theaters and wanted to see it there more.

Just because I don't think ROTS is movie of the year doesn't make me, or Ast any less fans of Star Wars. If you were a true fan, you'd love the OT better than the PT anyways. wanker

exanda kane
Oh what can I say, the real movie fans have come out to play. I officially love Mist again (nothing sexual i assure yee!).

I agree with everything that Mist, Ast and others said.

However I must condem I do not like being called a PT hater. That is rather pathetic I must say.

I would rather the PT had never been made but only to the benefit of hindsight. Given the opportunity to give my opinions before TPM if a 'PT' should be made, I would have said yes. However on the other side of this, if the PT had never been made, some interesting EU literature wouldn't have been written).

And as I have always looked at OT simply as films, I looked at the PT the same way and what I saw disappointed me. Not to say I didn't enjoy and like bits of the films, the casting choices and the art and design, as I said earlier if you read, but it wasn't worth 27 years to wait.

Jedi Priestess
Was to me. There are movies that are better, but ROTS was definitely worth the wait.

Thorin
right on, i love all the movies.

sithsaber408
Agreed.

I enjoy all of the starwars movies as one story,of which ESB and ROTS are my favorite parts.

I saw alot of good movies this year, Cinderella Man was one, Good Night and Good Luck was another. Syriana was so/so, but I couldn't stop grinning through Zathura(good movie, highly underrated)

Narnia was probably my second favorite this year, War of the Worlds was...ok, I guess.

I concur with InfineDY:

Batman Begins was a BETTER movie, with better acting, and more character devolpement...., but I LIKED Ep3 more. big grin

exanda kane
Serenity was much better than any of the SW PT films. I suggest you take a look at it if you don't say the PT is amazing because its Star Wars, as i have heard many say.

It was only out in the cinema for like 3 weeks but is well worth the price for the dvd.

InfiniteDY
Simple Question:

How could you not love Evil Qui-Gon! evil face cool

Jedi Priestess
Serenity was much better than any of the SW PT films. I suggest you take a look at it if you don't say the PT is amazing because its Star Wars, as i have heard many say.

It was only out in the cinema for like 3 weeks but is well worth the price for the dvd.

Holy Hannah are you kidding me? blink I rented it because I didnt get to see it at the theater and I had heard good things about it, but that movie was NOT good. It was only marginally worth watching and in NO way better than any of the PT. I cant even fathom that you feel tht way.

Ast
Simple Question:

How could you not love Evil Qui-Gon! evil face cool

laughing

Thats what I kept thinking. stick out tongue

exanda kane
Holy Hannah are you kidding me? blink I rented it because I didnt get to see it at the theater and I had heard good things about it, but that movie was NOT good. It was only marginally worth watching and in NO way better than any of the PT. I cant even fathom that you feel tht way.

Simply because it is a better film.

sithsaber408
Serenity was cool, good enough to make me want to rent the tv show dvd.

I liked that they used real guns in it, I liked the reavers, and I REALLY liked the rebels fighting against an evil, oppressing government. stick out tongue

Seriously though, it aint better than the PT, not even TPM.

Check out that same dvd's special features and you'll hear Joss Whedon reference Starwars a couple times. big grin

exanda kane
Of course he'll reference SW, Serenity and basically everything Whendon has ever done has been a blatant rip-off of OT Star Wars.

And please, look at the films from the perspective of what is a better movie, not star wars wins is better by default because its star wars

sithsaber408
Well said Exanda. smile

And I do look at it for which is a better movie, just like I know that Braveheart, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Passion of the Christ, and anything directed by Quentin Tarrantino are better movies than starwars (at least, the PT).

I like serenity. I said so.

I like ROTS better, because (I think) it is a better movie.

I guess we'll let the people form their own opinions and decide... oh, wait a minute...

evil face

exanda kane
Hmm...it must be said that RotS does come close to Serentiy, and SW will always get the bigger recognition because it reinvented all sci-fi for others to follow...

....but RotS was bound by the limitations of the PT whereas Serenity was able to start afresh.

In my opinion Serenity is better than any PT movie on it's own and better than TPM and AotC put together. But then i didn't think Serenity was the best movie of the year, it was good but there were some great films out this year such as....

Batman Begins, which although not the best movie of the year, finally gave batman some justice. I loved Sideways, an incredibly hilarious film although not too everyone's tastes. King Kong was also great for obvious reasons although the first hour did bore the hell out of me.

sithsaber408
Agreed again. smile At least about the other movies this year.

But Sideways came out last year. big grin

Revenge of the Sith was the movie I liked the most this year, even if it wasn't the best.

I think (as I said, at great lengths earlier
wink ) that most people felt that way, and that's why it won People's Choice for best movie.

Still dont understand how it got best drama laughing out loud

exanda kane
Ah well, It came out this year in Britain, at the start of the year anyway.

I still don't see why people would vote for it, of course the voting wasn't on a huge demographical scale, just internet surfers and such, so I think the results would have been different if one of the largest franchise fanbases there is (SW) didn't all go and vote for SW, despite the movie itself.

§cooter
Holy Hannah are you kidding me? blink I rented it because I didnt get to see it at the theater and I had heard good things about it, but that movie was NOT good. It was only marginally worth watching and in NO way better than any of the PT. I cant even fathom that you feel tht way. Fathom it, because I feel the same way.

Jedi Priestess

Still dont understand how it got best drama laughing out loud

yep I couldnt figure that one out myself no

Exanda maybe I need to have to see the television show Serenity to get into that movie but I just couldnt do it and I tried watching it twice. Just a matter of personal taste I guess.

sithsaber408
Exanda maybe I need to have to see the television show Serenity to get into that movie but I just couldnt do it and I tried watching it twice. Just a matter of personal taste I guess.

I got into it, but I still like Revenge of the Sith better.

Some of us are just incurable...and incouragable big grin

Captain REX
I saw alot of movies in 05 and for me rots was the film i was realy waitin for i was online to see it. a true fan does things like that. and king kong sucks balls.

ROTS was the one we were ALL waiting to see, you idiot. Everyone in here. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here. Stupid boy. And King Kong was a brilliantly done movie, even if it didn't have PT-style lightsaber duels. That wasn't the point of the film, and if you've even seen it, then you probably missed the point. If you haven't, then you have no right to bash the film. I can probably say the same of you with the Original Trilogy.

NO i like harry potter movies but i dont like the last two. and im no longer a fan.

You probably didn't read the books at all, is why.

You know what's funny? There's no such thing as a true fan. Sorry if that hurts.

Ast
Look what the true fan posted in another thread....

prequels were boring. that is why lucas decide to wait for visual effects to improve before continuing the star wars saga. episode I II III will always be better visualy. the prequels are just not that good. they are ususful but not very good
the lightsaber fights are slow and lame in a new hope.

Boring and not that good? stick out tongue

darthvader_fan
ditto

InfiniteDY
HE"S NOT A REAL FAN!!!

... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mišt
All this speak of Serenity....coincidentally I picked up the Firefly boxset today cool But I havent seen Serenity, so I dont know how it compares to Star Wars.

sithsaber408
It's a cool movie, definately worth a viewing or two.

I wont try to compare it to starwars for you, though.

That's up to you.

(I'd say it's as close as Bill Clinton to Hillary) stick out tongue

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>