Space pirate (metroid) Vs Elite (Halo)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

swedish_bum
One space pirate Vs One Elite Who wins?!

IcePunk
which space pirates are we talking about?
those from super metroid??

swedish_bum
No Mp,Mp2...

IcePunk
worthy opponents

swedish_bum
Yeah... but who wins?

i think the Space piret is going to win, cuz he have both a sword and a good arm canon and he have prety high defense to...

IcePunk
yepp thats true. Space pirates uses armour and not those useless covenant plasma shields.
The covenant sheild gets redused to zero in notime, it cant even protect u from explotions.
So anyone who sides with the elite is either a.)a fanboy, or b.)an idiot who haven't even played any metroid game ever, which means you should just watch and learn!

swedish_bum
Thats totaly right, the covenant's is like a Caveman, they are behind the evolution FFS! 1eye Uga buga me cave man... not covenatbangin

Shadow x 20
Can a space pirate dectect camo?

CaptainBen
Dude you cant say that the covenant shield can be taken out by a Space Pirate. And Swedish bum you miss spelled Pirate

Thunder Fox
wait doe this enclude the omega and elite pirates as well?

DarkC
Originally posted by IcePunk
yepp thats true. Space pirates uses armour and not those useless covenant plasma shields.
The covenant sheild gets redused to zero in notime, it cant even protect u from explotions.
So anyone who sides with the elite is either a.)a fanboy, or b.)an idiot who haven't even played any metroid game ever, which means you should just watch and learn!
Noobish comments aside? Nothing.

I don't see how you could automatically christen a Space Pirate as the winner. Have you thought about it from the technological sides? Do you have any proof that a Space Pirate's weapon can "reduce a Elite's shield to nothing"? It's pretty clear that you're a Metroid fanboy, so I wouldn't go off shooting your mouth and accusing others of being Halo fanboys, as it makes you a filthy hypocrite.

We also have not much of an idea how Covenant weapons work against Pirates. Direct blunt force(bullets) would be most likely dissapointingly low damage. My guess is that an Elite with a plasma sword would be a pretty equal match against a pirate with one of those energy swords.
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/images/Trace.jpghttp://xb.gameaxis.com.cn/2/lib/200411/04/229/c8.jpg

Elite is above the pirate in terms of physical bulk. Upgrade the Elite to one of those Ultra, Gold, or even Chancellor Elites and it could take on a Space Pirate.

CaptainBen
Amen

Thunder Fox
it depends on the pirate each one is designed for different things and beam troopers seeing as they're armor is designed to repel all weaponry except the plasma BEAMS, ice beam,powerbeam, or wave beam are the only type of weapons that harm them and powerful weaponry to mimic the beam

CaptainBen
ALL covenant weapons a plasma based. Except the carbine, needler, and fuel rod gun.

Thunder Fox
ok so no plasma troopers that leaves the power trooper, wave trooper, and ice trooper

Shadow x 20
Elites also have different elites for different tasks. Gold elites are the best and are usually camo. Special Elites have special armor that allows them to fly.

CaptainBen
Gold Elites are like Generals. Thats why you do see to many

swedish_bum
We are talking abous regular Pirate's and regular Elite's not the Omega or Gold...

IcePunk
I can asure u that pirates can take one hell of a beating

IcePunk
hehe the omega pirate would have ruled, man!

IcePunk
after an elites shield has redused to zero after like half a mag of Mc's sub mashine gun it only punch to bring it down.
But the space pirate dies after like 5 of Sam's missiles.

IcePunk
so this to isnt a fair fight.

IcePunk
a brute has an better chance in this fight

swedish_bum
Originally posted by DarkC
Noobish comments aside? Nothing.

I don't see how you could automatically christen a Space Pirate as the winner. Have you thought about it from the technological sides? Do you have any proof that a Space Pirate's weapon can "reduce a Elite's shield to nothing"? It's pretty clear that you're a Metroid fanboy, so I wouldn't go off shooting your mouth and accusing others of being Halo fanboys, as it makes you a filthy hypocrite.

We also have not much of an idea how Covenant weapons work against Pirates. Direct blunt force(bullets) would be most likely dissapointingly low damage. My guess is that an Elite with a plasma sword would be a pretty equal match against a pirate with one of those energy swords.
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/images/Trace.jpg

Elite is above the pirate in terms of physical bulk. Upgrade the Elite to one of those Ultra, Gold, or even Chancellor Elites and it could take on a Space Pirate. Well excuse me is that red thig supose to be a pirate...this is a Pirate
http://www.conceptart.org/artist/andrew-jones/images/MP2_BONUS/space_pirate.jpg

swedish_bum
after an elites shield has redused to zero after like half a mag of Mc's sub mashine gun it only punch to bring it down.
But the space pirate dies after like 5 of Sam's missiles. I totally agree with u

DarkC
But the space pirate dies after like 5 of Sam's missiles.
An Elite's shield goes down after half a mag from an SMG? Maybe if you stop playing Halo on easy, noob. Either that or stop the gross exaggerations. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Originally posted by swedish_bum
Well excuse me is that red thig supose to be a pirate...this is a Pirate
http://www.conceptart.org/artist/andrew-jones/images/MP2_BONUS/space_pirate.jpg
Your point giving that picture is?

A pirate is about half a foot taller than Samus, whose suit is rather body hugging than bulky(except for her shoulderpads, which house various secondary components of importance). Master Chief's armour is bulky but body hugging to allow freedom of movement, and Elites are about half a foot taller than the chief.

Samus is a woman with various cybernetical abilities, but none of the history sites I've read so far says that her height is boosted. So we can assume that she's a slightly taller lady, her height bolstered by the armour by an inch or two. Put two and two together, and Elites are slightly more in bulk.

So far we can only compare Pirate armor to Samus weapons. By the look of its chitinous skin, it's built to withstand blunt projectiles and blows, and a slightly refractive layer to counter energy weapons, although slightly.

(Samus's missiles are fired out of her arm cannon. An arm cannon can only be so bulky before it starts to be cumbersome and hampering. The missiles are designed to fit, so they would be smaller missiles, more compact. Of course it would take an whopping five, possibly more, to take out a Space Pirate; remember that the physics of a surface explosive is like an outward expanding fist. How could you compare an arm missile to one of the rockets from Halo's rocket launcher? It's shot with such speed that the launcher has to be braced with someone's shoulder. Bigger missile = more availability for explosive. Halo rockets are bigger, so = more explosive, more power.

Anyways, so the pirate armour is designed to take projectile weapons, but can it take on melee? Where in any game starring Samus(except for the Super Smash Brothers series) have you had the ability to pull off melee? All you do is shoot, shoot, shoot.

So an Elite would be wise to ditch all guns and whip out an energy sword. It's razor sharp and even better, heated to an incredible degree of heat. So unless a Space Pirate's Armour has a melting point of higher than 25 x 5800 K(assuming that the swordsman Elite is too clumsy to miss the exposed flesh) and can withstand laser-fine sharpness, Elite wins.

CaptainBen
regular elites are still ****ing hard

IcePunk
An Elite's shield goes down after half a mag from an SMG? Maybe if you stop playing Halo on easy, noob. Either that or stop the gross exaggerations. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If u didnt notice, but I said "like". Plus that its kind of easy to understand what regular elite means, but I guess i'll have to spell it out to u: Regular elite as in Elite on (****ing easy) normal!

PS: all the difficulties on halo 2 are worthless, the GAME IS TOO ****ING EASY sick , so dont go calling me a noob! Punk you!

SaTsuJiN
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/images/Trace.jpg

if I may.. that is not a space pirate... thats trace from metroid prime hunters... he's one of the hunters from the planet of a vicious insectoid empire...

http://www.metroidhunters.com/images/weavel_wp_800.jpg

Weavel - Used to be a Space Pirate General.. its unknown whether he seeks the artifact for his personal use, or to bolster the power of the space pirates

more info on the characters at www.metroidhunters.com

Samus, whose suit is rather body hugging than bulky(except for her shoulderpads, which house various secondary components of importance). Master Chief's armour is bulky but body hugging to allow freedom of movement body hugging does not restrict movement..thats solely dependant on the material.. ever notice Olympic Gymnasts wearing loose clothing?.. I didnt think so

IcePunk

So far we can only compare Pirate armor to Samus weapons. By the look of its chitinous skin, it's built to withstand blunt projectiles and blows, and a slightly refractive layer to counter energy weapons, although slightly.

(Samus's missiles are fired out of her arm cannon. An arm cannon can only be so bulky before it starts to be cumbersome and hampering. The missiles are designed to fit, so they would be smaller missiles, more compact. Of course it would take an whopping five, possibly more, to take out a Space Pirate; remember that the physics of a surface explosive is like an outward expanding fist. How could you compare an arm missile to one of the rockets from Halo's rocket launcher? It's shot with such speed that the launcher has to be braced with someone's shoulder. Bigger missile = more availability for explosive. Halo rockets are bigger, so = more explosive, more power.

Anyways, so the pirate armour is designed to take projectile weapons, but can it take on melee? Where in any game starring Samus(except for the Super Smash Brothers series) have you had the ability to pull off melee? All you do is shoot, shoot, shoot.

So an Elite would be wise to ditch all guns and whip out an energy sword. It's razor sharp and even better, heated to an incredible degree of heat. So unless a Space Pirate's Armour has a melting point of higher than 25 x 5800 K(assuming that the swordsman Elite is too clumsy to miss the exposed flesh) and can withstand laser-fine sharpness, Elite wins.

What do u mean by blows? Isnt a blow to the head a melee attack? Or were u reffering to something else?

So an missile as big as a space rocket would make more of an diffrence?
An bigger missile makes more damege? laughing The size does not matter when it comes to missiles, what does matter is whats IN THEM, the kind of explosives!

What would would u like to get hit by? A charged up power beam or a punch?

If didnt notice Swe Bum's picture, Pirates have sharp weapons to.

PS: The open spots in theyr armour arent as big as those on the elites stick out tongue

CaptainBen
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

body hugging does not restrict movement..thats solely dependant on the material.. ever notice Olympic Gymnasts wearing loose clothing?.. I didnt think so

What you just said contridicted yourself.

Shadow x 20

If u didnt notice, but I said "like". Plus that its kind of easy to understand what regular elite means, but I guess i'll have to spell it out to u: Regular elite as in Elite on (****ing easy) normal!

PS: all the difficulties on halo 2 are worthless, the GAME IS TOO ****ING EASY sick , so dont go calling me a noob! Punk you!
Then you never played the game on legendary. I guess the highest you went to was easy/normal.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by CaptainBen
What you just said contridicted yourself.

Umm, no he didn't, he said that tight fitting armour in Samus's case wouldn't restrict her movement, then he drew a comparison.

do Gymnists wear loose fitting clothing while doing their routines? the answer is no, they do not. they wear skin tight suits to make sure that nothing gets in their way while doing complicated movements,

CaptainBen
o the way he typed it looked like he did

Shadow x 20
The Covenant Elite is a remarkable species with great physical strength and resilience: strong, fast, and extremely capable with proper training. They are bipeds and bear a superficial resemblance to humans from a distance, an illusion shattered upon closer inspection. In addition to standing at approximately 8' 6" when in a fully upright position, their head is more reptilian than humanoid closer to that of a reptile than a human, with a quadri-hinged mandibled mouth which opens at the bottom, hence the nicknames given to them by humans: "Split Chin" and "Squid Face." Elite torsos are similar to the torso of a human, although the chest and abdomen are much wider, almost twice that of a well-muscled human, and they also appear to have a double set of pectoral muscles and a more muscular back. Elite shoulders are nearly identical in structure to human shoulders, only longer in length and thicker. Their hands have four digits, two fingers and two opposable thumbs, which allow them to use most equipment designed for humans. (Conversely, this allows humans with the correct understanding to operate Covenant equipment.) The feet of Elites are digitigrade, which allows them to jump greater distances and run much faster than the human norm. The Elites' toe configuration resembles the cloven hooves of various Terran mammals; although Elites wear a soled boot, the overall shape of the "hooves" are still visible.

As Elites can survive on Earth with no respiratory equipment, they apparently breathe oxygen. Due to their lack of nostrils and constantly opened jaws, inhalation seems to occur entirely through the mouth. The Elite's body, muscles and skeleton also seem to be composed of similar materials to those of the human body, though probably tougher and with a shorter recovery time, owing to the Elite's higher evolutionary state; this can be especially seen in Halo 2, when the Arbiter recieves a bullet wound in the chest and recovers fully within the space of a few minutes, presumably due to the increased strength of an Elite's immune-defence system.

CaptainBen
Amen brother

DarkC

Yes, I noticed that you said 'like'. So unless the range you are referring to goes between "half a mag" to a "full mag" or "less than half a mag", I'm still assuming it's "half a mag".

A regular Elite? As in gameplay or story/physics? Guess we'll stick with story/physics. Which refers to legendary, as it is more realistic.

All the difficulties on Halo 2 are worthless? Yep, you've never played the game on legendary, have you. Stop making shit up.

IcePunk
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Then you never played the game on legendary. I guess the highest you went to was easy/normal.

Shadow x 20? Do you have a problem with reading? Well, it seems like it.
Cuz you just made yourself look even more stupid. And plz do NOT mix up "then" and "than"!

DarkC
Shadow x 20? Do you have a problem with reading? Well, it seems like it.
Cuz you just made yourself look even more stupid. And plz do NOT mix up "then" and "than"!
No, it's then.

Congratulations. You made yourself look even less intelligent.

IcePunk
Yes, I noticed that you said 'like'. So unless the range you are referring to goes between "half a mag" to a "full mag" or "less than half a mag", I'm still assuming it's "half a mag".

A regular Elite? As in gameplay or story/physics? Guess we'll stick with story/physics. Which refers to legendary, as it is more realistic.

All the difficulties on Halo 2 are worthless? Yep, you've never played the game on legendary, have you. Stop making shit up.

Yeah but, is realistics gonna help the Elite in this fight?No, it wont. Cuz in reality the space pirate would win, no sweat.

You can think what you want noob, i've played and cleared both games on legendary, so just cuz havent done that, doesnt mean that I havent to, now does it, noob?

I AM THE LEGENDARYAN!! ROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!

IcePunk
And I can honestly say again : All the difficulties are worthless!!

CaptainBen
he mean realistic as in that how they are suposed to be. and you havent given any real info to back yourself up

Shadow x 20
Yeah but, is realistics gonna help the Elite in this fight?No, it wont. Cuz in reality the space pirate would win, no sweat.

You can think what you want noob, i've played and cleared both games on legendary, so just cuz havent done that, doesnt mean that I havent to, now does it, noob?

WTF? How would you even know I haven't beaten the game on Legendary? And how the f*** am I a noob? I had Halo 2 since the day it came out and on online I am a lv. 37.

DarkC

You say a game's worthless, yet you take the time to beat it anyways on the higher difficult settings which no doubt takes time and patience. Does that make sense?

Oh, and I wouldn't call me a noob if I were you; you joined sometime a month ago and I more than a year ago.

IcePunk
No, it's then.

Congratulations. You made yourself look even less intelligent.

Oh, look, another stupid person. GO LEARN SOME PROPER ENGLISH, YOU DAMN NOOB

IcePunk
You say a game's worthless, yet you take the time to beat it anyways on the higher difficult settings which no doubt takes time and patience. Does that make sense?

Oh, and I wouldn't call me a noob if I were you; you joined sometime a month ago and I more than a year ago.

I meant "noob" as in gaming noob, stupid who thinks that legenday is hard laughing
Just because a game is easy no matter what doesnt make it a bad game.

And I never said the games were worthless. I guess I have to spell it out to you : a-l-l t-h-e d-i-f-f-i-c-u-l-t-i-e-s a-r-e w-o-r-t-h-l-e-s-s

laughing

Lana
Cut out the hostility, right now. IcePunk, this is a warning.

DarkC
Oh, look, another stupid person. GO LEARN SOME PROPER ENGLISH, YOU DAMN NOOB
"Then you've never played the game on legendary."
"Than you've never played the game on legendary."

Go on, ask your superiors to tell you which one's the correct use.

IcePunk
"Then you've never played the game on legendary."
"Than you've never played the game on legendary."

Go on, ask your superiors to tell you which one's the correct use.

I meant that shadow x 20 uses it in for example "Sonic is faster then shadow",which is totally wrong. That's what I meant.
And "Then you've never played the game on legendary." is the right one.

IcePunk
I meant that shadow x 20 uses it in for example "Sonic is faster then shadow",which is totally wrong. That's what I meant.
And "Then you've never played the game on legendary." is the right one.

Not that Shadow x 20 is the only one who makes that misstake or anything, its just wrong, ok.

IcePunk
WTF? How would you even know I haven't beaten the game on Legendary? And how the f*** am I a noob? I had Halo 2 since the day it came out and on online I am a lv. 37.

OK, good job x 20. But its still easy on legendary laughing out loud

CaptainBen
I like how this turned into a "Im sorry" thread

Shadow x 20
...so is this still Space Pirate vs. Covenant Elite?

SaTsuJiN
it went from pirate vs elite.. to the difficulty sucking.. to an english lesson.. and then became a bunch of babble..

I've fought both enemies and from a personal standpoint the space pirates are much more menacing and mysterious

ever since they made elites speak english I just sorta lost reverence for them

DarkC
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
it went from pirate vs elite.. to the difficulty sucking.. to an english lesson.. and then became a bunch of babble..

I've fought both enemies and from a personal standpoint the space pirates are much more menacing and mysterious

ever since they made elites speak english I just sorta lost reverence for them
Well, think of it the other way around.

I saw the pre-Halo 1 trailer on the Halo 2 MP Expansion Disc, where the two Elites, before getting sniped by the Chief, spoke in grunts and growls with subtitles underneath. After that incident, I have to say I much prefer the Covenant speaking English. Makes them look more intelligent and cultured.

Shadow x 20
How is speaking a different language makes them look less cultured? The Covenant is lightyears away from Earth and I fail to see how the Covenant learned English. All I could think that they did over the course of the Covenant War between Earth and the Covenant. But man the first time I encounted a Hunter I bout s*** my pants. That thing just can flying at me basically and I had 7 shots left in my assault rifle.

SaTsuJiN
Met prime 2 makes much more sense of it, since the Luminoth speak directly to her in their native language, and her suit translates it (via subtitles).. it really depends how far you want to take the lore... I just find different languages, however wierd they may be, to bring more depth to the race itself

DarkC
How is speaking a different language makes them look less cultured? The Covenant is lightyears away from Earth and I fail to see how the Covenant learned English. All I could think that they did over the course of the Covenant War between Earth and the Covenant. But man the first time I encounted a Hunter I bout s*** my pants. That thing just can flying at me basically and I had 7 shots left in my assault rifle.
Well, they didn't learn English. The gameplay made it that way. It's a lot more entertaining being able to understand what they're saying, rather than reading subtitles(gives me a headache after too long).

Zen2nd
Its obvious that the Covenant could speak English, because if a human ship was taken over they would have to self destruct so that the Covenant couldn't learn the whereabouts of Earth within the ships logs.

Regardless if you played the game on Legendary the Covenant are still harder to kill.

A space pirate could probably kill an elite or Sangheili if you want to be correct.

But the space pirates would fail as a whole against the Covenant army.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Regardless if you played the game on Legendary the Covenant are still harder to kill.

Hmm.. I would think this to be true, only for the fact that you deal with covenant in at least a bulk of 10 or more per area.. whereas metroid prime is taken room by room.. where you only fight maybe 5 the most

then again samus can charge shot, which really dispatches pirates easily.. afterall she is supposed to have superior weaponry according to the story. Though I'm sure if you had to deal with 15 space pirates in one room, it would become hellish quite fast...

chief deals mainly with human weaponry, and unreplenishable covenant weaponry.

dark99
Hey what do you know it's everyone from the chief vs Samus forum. Well now isn't that suprising. Onto the subject at hand. So the two warriors are an elite with a sword and some other weapon and a space pirate from some Metroid game. Maybe being more specific would help the argument. How about a normal space pirate from MP2 and an elite with a sword and a plasma rifle with 4 sticky grenades. I also forgot do all elite's have cloak or just the black spec ops ones? As to who would win this is a real tough one. The regular space piraete may not have anything very special but they are tough to kill and they have a fairly strong plasma gun type weapon. Also if the elite got close enough the space pirate has an energy sycthe that it can use. Hmm I'd have to say the space pirate. Just because they can take a beating and their plasma guns seem stronger than a plasma rifle. It would be close and they would probably both end up dead in the end, but that is my view on the battle.

Shadow x 20
All elites have cloaking. That was proven in Halo 2.

swedish_bum
Wow..

Space pirate also have cloaking in Mp1 and Mp2 if u didn't know

swedish_bum
And u cant See them if u don't have heat visor (Mp1) or dark visor (Mp2)

IcePunk
Wow..

Space pirate also have cloaking in Mp1 and Mp2 if u didn't know

Yeah, the pirates cloacking cannot be as easily seen as the covenant cloak.

the elite is out of it's league, here.

Shadow x 20
Elites have better smelling then pirates. An elite can smell an opponent far away.

IcePunk
Elites have better smelling then pirates. An elite can smell an opponent far away.

OK, but do u have any proof of that?
Cuz I dont remember any elite sayng "I can smell the enemy" or " our enemy, who's 1 km away from us, has farted"

Shadow x 20
Halo2.

Arbiter: What is it? What do you smell?
Elite: That stench. I smelt it before.

DarkC
Any person who has played Halo 2 enough to consider Legendary difficulty 'worthless' should know that. I smell controversy.

Darkstorm Zero
Heh, it's not like a bunch of rotting Flood (Twisted, dismembered, exposed flesh and all that) is hard to smell... and on top of that, the flood arn't even cloaked, so what does this prove?

Shadow x 20
Wrong. Some Elite infected Flood are cloaked.

dark99
Okay so the elite can smell an enemy. That doesn't tell him exactly where that enemy is only that another creature is in the vicinity. The elite would still have to try to find the space pirate. I never remember seeing any flood cloaked. I do remember them having the elite shields but I never met any cloaked flood forms. Please list where you fought the cloaked flood if it exists. Also DarkC don't even think about getting on my case that I haven't played Halo because I maybe don't remember one obscure enemy from the game.

DarkC
Originally posted by dark99
Okay so the elite can smell an enemy. That doesn't tell him exactly where that enemy is only that another creature is in the vicinity. The elite would still have to try to find the space pirate. I never remember seeing any flood cloaked. I do remember them having the elite shields but I never met any cloaked flood forms. Please list where you fought the cloaked flood if it exists. Also DarkC don't even think about getting on my case that I haven't played Halo because I maybe don't remember one obscure enemy from the game.
"I don't remember seeing any Flood cloaked."

hysterical2

They were in the very last level("The Maw"wink of Halo: Combat Evolved.

SaTsuJiN
Halo2.

Arbiter: What is it? What do you smell?
Elite: That stench. I smelt it before.

that hardly provides factual data of the sense of smell being heightened..

the only thing that I recieve from that dialogue is a metaphorical way of saying "Deja vu..."

IcePunk
Who wouldnt feel smell of flood fog?

DarkC
Who wouldnt feel smell of flood fog?
The Elite Commander, apparently. He didn't seem to notice it, while Arbiter did.

SaTsuJiN
I still fail to see how this relates to them "smelling" space pirates, with whom they've never come into contact with..

Zen2nd
It seems this argument has gone to ridiculous lengths of smelling the enemy. shocking

I highly doubt that being able to smell an invisible space pirate is going to help in the least bit.

The facts have been laid down. The space pirate has the advantage and if ever to have a battle with an elite would probably win.

DarkC
It seems this argument has gone to ridiculous lengths of smelling the enemy. shocking

I highly doubt that being able to smell an invisible space pirate is going to help in the least bit.

The facts have been laid down. The space pirate has the advantage and if ever to have a battle with an elite would probably win.
Don't forget that the Elites have cloaking technology as well, Zen.

IcePunk
Any person who has played Halo 2 enough to consider Legendary difficulty 'worthless' should know that. I smell controversy.

No, that depends on if u are an fanboy, who even remembers that crap.

Zen2nd
Yes, but unlike the space pirate cloak, if you look closely you would be able to pick out the elite even though he is invisible.

When the elite has his cloak on it has a kind of "glass" effect so the elite can still be seen if a person is looking hard enough.

Plus can't use a sword as it gives away the postion, plus firing also gives away the postion so its only a matter of time before the space pirate finds him.

The only thing the elite has going for him is his radar. But the space pirate can wait till the elite is in close range before attacking.

IcePunk
Yes, but unlike the space pirate cloak, if you look closely you would be able to pick out the elite even though he is invisible.

When the elite has his cloak on it has a kind of "glass" effect so the elite can still be seen if a person is looking hard enough.

Plus can't use a sword as it gives away the postion, plus firing also gives away the postion so its only a matter of time before the space pirate finds him.

The only thing the elite has going for him is his radar. But the space pirate can wait till the elite is in close range before attacking.

You forgot one thing, the space pirates stay invisible when they shoot.

Decay
ill go with the pirates, they were brutal toward the end of prime. the ones with weaknesses to only one kind of weapon would decimate anything without that particular weapon.

their fast, agile, well armed, cammoflaged and very mean. i admit i dont know all that much about halo, i only played it a few times, but the pirates are brutal at the end of mp and i dont remember the elites being as big a challange.

out of curiosity, what design would people prefer for the pirates, from mp or mp2? i love the look in prime but never found the echoes design anywhere near as threatening or cool.

swedish_bum
Mp1 pirates are cooler!

dark99
You forgot one thing, the space pirates stay invisible when they shoot.
Not that I'm on the elite's side but you haven't forgotten that the cloaked space pirates can't shoot their weapons. The cloaking system draws too much power from the system to use the plasma gun. They only have the energy sycthe which is usually enough if they can get in close.

Zen2nd
I never said they didn't. Plus as dark99 said, when using cloak they wouldn't have enough energy to maintain a cloak and fire at the same time. That is if dark99 is correct of course.

dark99
I never said they didn't. Plus as dark99 said, when using cloak they wouldn't have enough energy to maintain a cloak and fire at the same time. That is if dark99 is correct of course.
In Metroid Prime it said under the shadow pirate which is the one that uses the cloaking technology that the cloaking system drains too much power from the gun. It also says this under the omega pirate which is why it always uses its invisibility for defensive and healing purposes.

Shadow x 20
Elites can shoot their weapons when cloaked. They got the upperhand in cloaking.

dark99
Elites can shoot their weapons when cloaked. They got the upperhand in cloaking.
They may be able to cloak and fire weapons at the same time but usually it's those weapons that give them away. It's really easy to tell when an elite is cloaked because you can either see the sword that they are carrying or the electrical and energy ends of the plasma gun that they use. Besides it is still rather easy to see through the cloak so it probably wouldn't give them that much of an advantage anyways. On the other hand you cannot see cloaked pirates whatsoever, when they are cloaked they do not distort the area around them and you cannot see their blade weapons. Unless you have thermal or x-ray vision of course.

Shadow x 20
Covenant Carbine shows no sign of plasma or anything and it is hard to trace back.

Decay
hey dark99, whats your picture of/from?

IcePunk
Covenant Carbine shows no sign of plasma or anything and it is hard to trace back.

Ummmm.... Trace back to what?

Shadow x 20
To the Elite. Plasma is sort of noticeable on where it came from.

swedish_bum
ok...

SaTsuJiN
I dunno... as soon as I'm getting hit by carbine I just follow the sound of the hissing shots to its source (when vs'ing over xbox live)

dark99
Yeah it's not that hard to pick up the trace of a carbine. The bullets can still be tracked back to the source pretty easily. Besides if the space pirate is cloaked it is going to be really hard for the elite to get an accurate shot off, not to mention a continued stream of bullets.

dark99
Originally posted by Decay
hey dark99, whats your picture of/from?

Ummm it's from here if you really want to know.

www.centralparkmedia.com/kakurenbo/downloads.html

IcePunk
- Forum
- Yes, master
- Rise!

swedish_bum
Ehh what?

swedish_bum
Yeah so basically The space pirate wins 10/10

IcePunk
- Forum
- Yes, master
- Rise!

It's a quote I arranged from Star wars 3 laughing out loud

thegmeister53
They may be able to cloak and fire weapons at the same time but usually it's those weapons that give them away. It's really easy to tell when an elite is cloaked because you can either see the sword that they are carrying or the electrical and energy ends of the plasma gun that they use. Besides it is still rather easy to see through the cloak so it probably wouldn't give them that much of an advantage anyways. On the other hand you cannot see cloaked pirates whatsoever, when they are cloaked they do not distort the area around them and you cannot see their blade weapons. Unless you have thermal or x-ray vision of course.

Yeah but the pirates kind of give their positions away by the music that plays when they're near and the growls that they let out when they get close. It doesn't take much effort to quickly scan the area with the thermal visor.

swedish_bum
LOL

what Has the music to do with it?

IcePunk
Originally posted by thegmeister53
Yeah but the pirates kind of give their positions away by the music that plays when they're near and the growls that they let out when they get close. It doesn't take much effort to quickly scan the area with the thermal visor.

But the thing is that there are no speakers in the arena for this(as if there are any in any arena laughing out loud ) and the other thing is that the elites dont come equipped with anything that can be related to thermal laughing out loud .

swedish_bum
But the thing is that there are no speakers in the arena for this(as if there are any in any arena laughing out loud ) and the other thing is that the elites dont come equipped with anything that can be related to thermal laughing out loud . LOL hahahah, hell yeah Thats soooooooo true

thegmeister53
Oh, I meant game-wise, if they were to face each other, then I have no doubt that the pirates would win.

swedish_bum
Yes, the space pirate wins If not a fan boy come and say anything ells

Hit_and_Miss
which elite and which space pirate....

IcePunk
the usual ones.
Blue elite and the normal mp2 pirate

Hit_and_Miss
elites.... cause they can move... space pirates are actually stuck to the ground...

swedish_bum
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
elites.... cause they can move... space pirates are actually stuck to the ground... doh

......................................... Eh what ?
read all the pages ffs. "the elite can move", what? And the pirate cant now, or what?? ehhh...

dark99
elites.... cause they can move... space pirates are actually stuck to the ground...
Umm.... yeah... what exactly do you mean by that?

Hit_and_Miss
have you ever seen a space pirate move in MP or MP2???? I only remember them standing still waiting for the cold hard hand of the reaper...

dark99
have you ever seen a space pirate move in MP or MP2???? I only remember them standing still waiting for the cold hard hand of the reaper...

Yeah I have seen them move around alot. Unless you don't consider strafing, jumping, running, or flying moving around.

Hit_and_Miss
the point is MP AI is nothing comparied to the AI of halo... space pirates have trouble moving, let alone having any form of tactial plan... I would say there weapon is about the same as an elite, but elites are tacticaly superior...

Yeah I have seen them move around alot. Unless you don't consider strafing, jumping, running, or flying moving around.

Ah more advanced space pirates fly and teleport around... but normal grunts stand still and run at you should something block there sight... other wise there still waiting for the imagenary bus in the imagenary quee

swedish_bum
the point is MP AI is nothing comparied to the AI of halo... space pirates have trouble moving, let alone having any form of tactial plan... I would say there weapon is about the same as an elite, but elites are tacticaly superior...
Ah more advanced space pirates fly and teleport around... but normal grunts stand still and run at you should something block there sight... other wise there still waiting for the imagenary bus in the imagenary quee
Ummm...tactical plans are mostly good if you have an army, but if you didnt know what "space pirate vs elite" means, then I guess I'll have to tell ya. One on frickin' one, not one army vs one army laughing out loud.
And AI has nothing to do with this fight, sheesh.

IcePunk
Ummm...tactical plans are mostly good if you have an army, but if you didnt know what "space pirate vs elite" means, then I guess I'll have to tell ya. One on frickin' one, not one army vs one army laughing out loud.
And AI has nothing to do with this fight, sheesh.
Yeah in these "fights" they usually have theyr "normal" intellegence and not the game AI.....sheesh

Hit_and_Miss
lol you guys!

Elites have shields... advantage elites...
elites have SHOWN they have some form of tactical knowledge so that they can fight to there advantages... tactics comes into all forms of combat. Only a n00b would think that tactics only effect wars... sheeshh..

IcePunk
lol you guys!

Elites have shields... advantage elites...
elites have SHOWN they have some form of tactical knowledge so that they can fight to there advantages... tactics comes into all forms of combat. Only a n00b would think that tactics only effect wars... sheeshh..
(insult number 1)

OK, give us an example of how tactics's gonna help it in this fight then!

Hit_and_Miss
Taken from the game...

Space pirate stands still when you attack it and doesn't try to cover itself when damage is inflicted...

Elite will hide beind walls and shields and will dive out of the way should you shoot it...

Basic tactics I know but tactics none the less...

Can anyone tell me any advantages they think a space pirate has over an elite???

(Insult was due to the disrespectful tone of the post...)

thegmeister53
What do you mean "taken from the game." I actually found that it was much harder to hit space pirates than elites. The space pirates actually move, doge, and use battle tactics, unlike the elites the only form of intelligence I have seen them show in game is taking cover behind the same freaking wall over and over. When I start rushing at them, they just take my bullets.

Hit_and_Miss
we are talking about the normal space pirate... not the upgraded ones with teleporters or the ones that fly in straight lines...

still even if you wana give them +100 intelegence so they dodge a few rounds elites still have advantages over S.Ps....

thegmeister53
I am talking about the regular space pirates. And would you care to name an actual advantage that the elites have over the space pirates?

IcePunk
still even if you wana give them +100 intelegence so they dodge a few rounds elites still have advantages over S.Ps....
OK, seems like someone havent played MP2....

thegmeister53
Clearly.

swedish_bum
Poo on the cookie! sick

thegmeister53
we are talking about the normal space pirate... not the upgraded ones with teleporters or the ones that fly in straight lines...

You also over estimate the abilities of the elites. The elites would take more than "a few rounds" as you put it. The pirates would kick their asses even without that intelligence boost. I would hate to think what would happen to the elites if the pirates did have it.

swedish_bum
laughing It would not be any elite any more, just a piece of owned shit laughing

Hit_and_Miss
Still yet to hear anyone tell me 1 advantage at space pirate has...
I've played MP and MPE... I enjoyed the game but it wasn't a challenge, you can easily strafe around SP and they don't stand a chance... and I played the game on Hard... Still too easy to kill things...

While Halo isn't a challenge on easy or normal, Hard to legendary provide a challenge...

Elites have shields... There swords could desacrate a SP and there grenades could kill a SP instantly.. and I believe that Elites are stronger and have better reactions then SP... Still if someone wants to tell me how strong and fast a SP is there more then welcome..

Till then I'm gonner presume your gonner backpat each other some more, and not raise any points...

thegmeister53
We have constantly attempted to tell you the space pirates' strengths, but you have chosen to ignore them. What makes you so sure that a sword or grenade could destroy a space pirate instantly. I hope your not counting on the elites' aim, which turns out to be subpar. And I doubt that there shields could measure up to sustained fire from space pirate technology.

And shouldn't we be comparing Metroid Prime and Halo on the same difficulties? Why would we compare Halo on Legendary to Metroid Prime on normal? Even then the only thing that changes on Legendary is that the strength of the elites' weapons increases and they don't dies as fast, they don't use any new tactics.

Hit_and_Miss
I only played MP/MPE on hard... I don't know how easy MP is on easy but Its got to be a walk in the park... Hard wasn't that challenging... But then again I know there are worse gamers then me!

Space pirates don't take more then a few shots to kill... They don't regen shields or life, elites and SP guns are very similar, the elites have better strength and reflexes, There aiming is about the same...

I don't see any advantages to SP here...

thegmeister53
I don't think MP has an easy mode, but I could be wrong. And the Space Pirates have much better reflexes than the elites at least they dodge your attacks. And the elites can also be killed in a few shots using a sniper rifle, plasma pistol,and sword, and one shot using a rocket launcher.

I don't see any advantages to Elites here...

IcePunk
Yeah, no wonder it's more or less easy to hit the SP's, SA's got target locking, but do the elite have one? NO, he doesnt.

IcePunk
I only played MP/MPE on hard... I don't know how easy MP is on easy but Its got to be a walk in the park... Hard wasn't that challenging... But then again I know there are worse gamers then me!

Space pirates don't take more then a few shots to kill... They don't regen shields or life, elites and SP guns are very similar, the elites have better strength and reflexes, There aiming is about the same...

I don't see any advantages to SP here...
Only played MP on hard?? That's not possible, you have to unlock hard by completing normal. Either you mixed up the two difficulties of you're lying.

Hit_and_Miss
I don't own a gamecube... I played my friends... He told me to play it on hard as he knew I was good at halo...

Elite are regarded as having strength close to master chief and reflexes a bit below...
MC strength is around 25ton (worst case) 40+(best case)
MC relexes with cortana are around about the speed of sound...

is a SP anywere near that???

IcePunk
Proven where exactly? In the big book of Halo bs?

SaTsuJiN
Proven where exactly? In the big book of Halo bs?

yep.. its right up there, along side the time when chief charged up a genki dama and went super saiyan 3... threw thier home planet into the sun with his bare hands smile

thegmeister53
I don't own a gamecube... I played my friends... He told me to play it on hard as he knew I was good at halo...

Elite are regarded as having strength close to master chief and reflexes a bit below...

is a SP anywere near that???

Yes, you can truly get a feel for MP by simply playing your friend's gamecube for an hour. And being good at Halo doesn't necessarily mean you will be good at MP. And why are you giving estimates of MC's strength? Shoudn't you be able to find his exact strength using the book. If he was that strong I doubt that it would have taken such an effort for him to drag the bomb into the elevator at the beginning of Halo 2. He should've been able to pick it up. Since the books took place before the game, the cutscenes should've been able to reflect the Chief's abilities, like MP does for Samus. And nowhere in the books does it say that the Chief has reflexes at the speed of sound. Maybe your mixing him up with Sonic.

IcePunk
The book totally overhyped MC laughing out loud

Hit_and_Miss
I got very far in both games... I'm 70% through the first (friend lost the disc) and 80% through the second... I think I have a good enough view on the SP's....

What a supprise satsujin came to slander the book...(still angry about the trouncing you got???) You should look up the halo script floating around on the internet... I think you will be pleased with what you read..

I think you will find MC dranged that bomb with 1 hand... His exact strength is undetermined.. thats why I gave a range.. I know that such incidents like lifting a tank and draging the bomb don't say he can do 100 tons.. but punching through thick concrete walls, and breaking titanium armor can't be done by some minor weight lifter... the elites have comprable strength...

When he first doned his suit he could dodge bullets... bullets move at the speed of sound... (this is his original suit, he then got several upgrades, and then got cortana who speeds them up even more) Elites reactions are slower so I would put them bellow the speed of sound...

Anyone wana provide a snipit of info on why a SP has any advantages over an elite?? or you guys just gonner keep nut swinging???

thegmeister53
Well, can you hardly blame him for disliking the book. There are a million things that don't follow through with Halo 2, like where are the rest of the Spartans. By the end of first strike Fred, Linda, Kelly, and Will are confirmed to be alive, and yet they are not in Halo 2.

And what the hell are you talking about? Master Chief used both hands to drag that bomb into the elevator. Stop trying to add all kinds of new abilities to the Chief. And if his strength is undetermined and we are not actually sure of what the strength of the elites is, then how can you simply say that they are stronger than the pirates? Their strength is comparable, not the same. I also don't remember any scenes in the books, where the Chief lifts a tank, but I could be wrong. And strength doesn't always win a battle. The pirates are much faster and more intelligent than the elites.

Talk about nut swinging. Your pulling your arguments out of your ass. And which suit are we talking about here? The one that we consantly see get riddled with bullets? If he were able to dodge bullets with the regular suit than he would have had no need to use stealth tactics. Also where does it say that bullets move at the speed of sound? Even if they do, the Chief gets hit quite a few times. So what does that mean? The author had to dumb the books down too so the Chief didn't look too powerful.

Zen2nd
When a tank is on its head, MC is able to flip it over. Thats that sorted.

Also I wouldn't think bullets travel faster than the speed of sound. I was thinking about it and didn't check any sites but came up with an example to prove that bullets go slower than the speed of sound. I take my example from Saving Private Ryan, when the two snipers were looking for each other, when the sniper saw the other one he saw the shot go off and a split second later the sound of the gun.

Unless somehow in the game all guns magically have .50cal rounds in them.

The Space Pirate has the advantage because they can be properly invisible all the time.

thegmeister53
Point taken about the tanks.

Hit_and_Miss
We don't know if the spartans died in another mission or were off somewhere else... The game make no metion to MC distroying the covenants "death star" in the 3rd book....

MC didn't appear to be struggling at all with the bomb. MC can flip tanks in the games...
I have yet to hear 1 Fact regarding a SP strength. Till then I will assume there that of a Peek human + a bit... Around 1-2 tons
I said MC and elites strength is comparable, not Elites and SP...
MC doesn't have eyes in the back of his head. He can see guns placed in front of him and dodge. He can't dodge all bullets but from 1 person he should be able to dodge a high majority....

Please provide some sort of facts regarding SP speed and intelligence.. as the games don't show nothing... Talk about hypocritical....
"Pulling arguments out of your ass" perhaps you should check what you write........

Try looking up some stuff before you talk... regular bullets move at about the speed of sound....
Depending on the round. they can travel much faster to quite abit slower... He dodged a 50 cal turrent...
only the arbitor has a defective camo suit... The rest of the elites suits can camo for ages...

IcePunk
Intellegence has NOTHING to with this, gorilla's are dumb but they sure as hell are good at cracking skulls. Oh, do you think the SP's found they're technology? No they made it themeselves which makes them as smart as the covenant. The SP's are also scientists, in MP1-2 they experiment with phazon and metroids. Do the covenant have any scientists? No, not what I of, they just keep dumbassing around with theyr shitass religeon, that's at the same level we were at during the mid-evil times.

thegmeister53
First off, who said anything about a covenant death star? Second, given the track record of the spartans, I doubt that they could be killed off so easily with no mention of their deaths. First Strike ends right before Halo 2, don't you think that the humans would have enough sense to keep the Spartans around with a covenant force approaching? Third, judging by the fact that the Chief had to drag the bomb to the elevator and he had to pull it several times, I think that shows that he had a bit of a struggle with the bomb.

I am really beginning to doubt that you have played MP over 1 hour. If you actually took the time to scan the pirate logs, then you would see that they actually are intelligent, given the nature of the experiments that they are conducting. They also do not used stolen, half-assed equipment like the elites do. They stole their crappy equipment from the forerunners and they still get their asses kicked by the marines on land. According to Cortana, the elites haven't even tapped into the full capabilities of the forerunner equipment. What does that say about their intelligence? At least the space pirates are original and the experiments that they conduct are a perfect example of just how intelligent they are. If you actually played the game, you would see some of the crazy shit they came up with, like the elite pirates.

You have been given countless examples of how the space pirates are better than the elites. Even if the elites were stronger physically, that would mean nothing compared to the space pirates' agility and technology. It doesn't really help your argument to admit that bullets move at the speed of sound. If they move at the speed of sound and the Chief gets nailed quite a few times, then you should be able to put two and two together and figure out that he can't move at the speed of sound. Even if he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, his motion tracker should be able to give him some support against bullets. And at least I have a thorugh knowlege of both Halo and Metroid, unlike you who spits out this bullshit that the elites would win. So before you call me a hypocrite, how 'bout you play MP and see how it goes.

Hit_and_Miss
Its fun time kinda garden school! Thats right kids time for your asses to get some freekin education!

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between a scientist and a soldier??? Thats right kids! none!!!!

Geezz I love the way kids think! Covenant have scientists. They are called engineers... if you had actually read the books you would know! they fix the spartans suits in 2 secs... suits they had never seen before in their lifes... I think thats qualifies them as "clever".. They just dont fight... The elites Who are "SOlDIERS" go into combat...
If an elite had to fight an engineer, the elite would win... why??? cause they are trainned to fight... The interlect they posses is focused towards fighting, and making wise tactical decisions... SP might beable to find 10001 uses for phason but that don't mean nout if the can't create a phason supercomputer terminator that can fight for them....

MC blows up a covenant space port dock thing... (Its been 1/2 years since I read the books... the death star was a joke... the inverted commas should of given this away....) (and I use brackets when I'm talking about something irrelevent to the post).... Who knows what happened to the other spartans... they could turn up in number 3... but I don't think they will as the there not really needed... MC does all the work.

Ive played the MP and MPE games.... As I have said... I know all about the invis SP and the flying kamakazi(sm) Sp and the uber teleport sp.... all.... Yes, ALL easily killed with a few shots...

Name a few ways SP are better then elites....
Like so....
Elites have shields
Elites are very strong
Elites have fast reactions
Elites have swords that can cut through 3 meters of grade A titanium

His reactions are at the speed of sound.. I didn't say he was a freaken Xman called quicksilver... He can't avoid a crossfire, but he can avoid a person shooting at him... His motion tracker doesn't show bullets being shot at him... (try thinking before you type... Its embarasing I have to reply to such jibba jabba...)

Your just resorting to making stuff up again... I've played through MP and MPE... I admit I haven't completed them But from looking how far I had gone I can tell you I was 80% throught them...
Keep this up kid... You might make fanboy status 1 day...

Intellegence has NOTHING to with this, gorilla's are dumb but they sure as hell are good at cracking skulls. Oh, do you think the SP's found they're technology? No they made it themeselves which makes them as smart as the covenant. The SP's are also scientists, in MP1-2 they experiment with phazon and metroids. Do the covenant have any scientists? No, not what I of, they just keep dumbassing around with theyr shitass religeon, that's at the same level we were at during the mid-evil times.

Your whole argument is nulled by the fact you don't even know the covenant have engineers... I ant buying any of your crazy here pal...

thegmeister53
Listen, "friend", you have been told a million times how the space pirates are better than the elites, but you instead have choseen to ignore all the information that we give you. We have told you a million times how the space pirates are faster and much more intelligent. Last time I checked, physical strength isn't all that is needed to win a battle. The space pirates have superior technology (not to mention that they didn't rip it off from another race), are faster, and much more intelligent than your average elite. You asked me, several posts before, how the space pirates are faster and smarter than the elites. If you, again, took the time to scan in the game, then you would actually see how smart they are. I don't give two flipping shits about the engineers, this is between the elites and the space pirates. The space pirates are both warriors and scientists, unlike the elites. And you say that unless they can build a super computer, they are screwed, but tell me what are the turrets, elite pirates, omega pirate, and phazon enhanced metroids, if not weapons that they developed. They even state in their pirate logs how they will be using them against other planets. They are also no slouches at combat either, if you actually took the time to notice how many variations of space pirates there are and with al the various equipment that they have. This demonstrates how intelligence has led them to build superior technology that could easily rip apart an elite. As for their agility, have you seen the number of times where they hang from ceilings, break through glass, like after you kill your first metroid in MP, and jump around when engaged in combat? When was the last time we saw an elite jump down from a ceiling?

Your next argument is the most pitiful I've ever seen. The space pirates can be destroyed with "a few shots." You make it sound like shooting a pirate with the powerbeam kills it instantly. The elites aren't exactly invincible either. They can be killed in one shot using a plasma grenade or a rocket launcher. It also doesn't take many hits using a sniper rifle, plasma pistol, energy sword, or shotgun to kill one. So your whole argument about killing them in a few shots is really sad, since the elites die just as fast, if not faster. And on the argument about the book. You just brush it off saying, "Oh, they' re not needed." Well, they are needed because if they are just simply removed, then why should we pay attention to anything else from the books? Bungi doesn't seem to give two shits about what happens in the books, so why should we believe that MC has reflexes at the speed of sound.

And about the motion tracker. I never said that it would show bullets. I said that it would allow him to detect enemies all around him. This, in turn, should help him to continuously avoid the bullets. MC should have enough sense to watch out, when he is being attacked on both sides.
You don't even seem to know anything about the pirates. So I believe that it would be a more accurate assumption that you are the fanboy. Nice attempt at being intelligent though.

IcePunk
Originally posted by thegmeister53
Nice attempt at being intelligent though.
Well, he had to try, right? laughing out loud

thegmeister53
Well, we must give credit where credit is due. Am I right?

So.....what's everybody doing for New Year's?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>