Namor vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Namor gets to use his sea horn just like Thor gets to use his hammer.
I think Namor wins with that against even the Hulk.

DarkCrawler
GIGANTO makes short work of Hulk. This thing shrugs off Mjolnir and only thing that could destroy it was an atom bomb.

Wonder Man
ahhh i love Namor fans

jrodslam
Originally posted by Wonder Man
ahhh i love Namor fans

Hes the f*n man.

Lucid Lui
He is indeed.

King Thor
Hulk kicks his ass!!! So does Thor!!!

grey fox
Nah , Namor loses to Thor but not to hulk , in fact quite the opposite . Namor has chumped hulk many-a-time.

King Thor
Originally posted by grey fox
Nah , Namor loses to Thor but not to hulk , in fact quite the opposite . Namor has chumped hulk many-a-time.

Only about twice or so. Hulk has kicked his ass even more.

grey fox
Really ? , scans please .

King Thor
Originally posted by grey fox
Really ? , scans please .

Don't have any. But if I find some then I'll show you.

grey fox
Ok

King Thor
I found some stuff!!! In this first scan, Hulk is taking on a bunch of heroes at the same time. Including Namor, Wonder Man, Iron Man and Herc.

King Thor
Then he just throws them all off of him like if they were rag dolls.

King Thor
Hulk takes on NAMOR and HERC at the same time and is WINNING. Notice how he has Namor on the ground while he is fighting off Herc with his left arm.

King Thor
Then he takes on Captain America, She-Hulk, Herc, Namor, Wonder Man, Iron Man, and some other heroes I don't recognize and he is STILL standing absolutely unharmed.

King Thor
So really, I know Hulk would take this quite easily. If he was able to take on so many other heroes at the same time (INCLUDING NAMOR) and still be standing in the end unharmed, then I'm sure one-on-one Hulk would slaughter him.

DarkCrawler
You realize that in those pictures, Namor's strength was sapped by the heat of desert?

During an underwater collision, Namor hits Hulk so hard that he flies miles back to the shore and reverts back to Banner. The impact also creates massive tsunamis and earthquakes.
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2563/incrediblehulk118187ji.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3936/incrediblehulk118195ly.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9269/incrediblehulk118200el.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4384/incrediblehulk118211kg.jpg

Defeats Hulk the first time.
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7674/avengers003173hf.jpg

During a fight against mind-controlled Hulk, Namor creates a massive tidal wave that wipes out an entire island and knocks out Hulk on the same time.
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/8904/namorfeat266tn.gif

Namor's beaten Hulk more times then Hulk has beaten Namor.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Namor's beaten Hulk more times then Hulk has beaten Namor.

And God saw that it was good thumb up

Namor wins the majority smile

~wickerman~

Maestro
In a properly written fight i would personally give the majority to Hulk, compare his feats to namors there so much more impressive and shows what he's capable of. A tidal wave knocking out hulk is PIS.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Maestro
In a properly written fight i would personally give the majority to Hulk, compare his feats to namors there so much more impressive and shows what he's capable of. A tidal wave knocking out hulk is PIS.

the tidal wave didn't knock Hulk out. It was Namor that did. The force of the impact created the tidal wave as a consequence.
As for "properly written", IMO a properly written fight would have Namor knock Hulk out before he can even react. Namor standing over a KTFO Hulk. Opinions differ.

~wickerman~

Maestro
Whats namors base strength?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Maestro
Whats namors base strength?

Class 100. On his natural habitat which is water.

It decreases slightly the more time spend out of water.

Wickerman
Class 100. On his natural habitat which is water.

It decreases slightly the more time spend out of water.

It's actually more than 100 i'd say, plus his strength doesn't really decrease as quickly as people might think.

~wickerman~

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Wickerman
It's actually more than 100 i'd say, plus his strength doesn't really decrease as quickly as people might think.

~wickerman~

By Class 100 I meant the thing that he can lift in excess of 100 tons.

UltimateIronman
so can ironman.hulk beat the avengers cause ironman's armor as you can see is not very good. the one now has increased by alot. he can lift 100 tons too. Namor in land can only lift at peack capacity: 85tons and in land he can degrade to 40 tons. Ironman never degrades. Go to http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/submariner.htm

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by UltimateIronman
so can ironman.hulk beat the avengers cause ironman's armor as you can see is not very good. the one now has increased by alot. he can lift 100 tons too. Namor in land can only lift at peack capacity: 85tons and in land he can degrade to 40 tons. Ironman never degrades. Go to http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/submariner.htm

Namor in land is Class 100.

UltimateIronman
nope in water 85 tons in land he decrese to lowest :84- 40 tons

jrodslam
Originally posted by UltimateIronman
nope in water 85 tons in land he decrese to lowest :84- 40 tons

Youre just as outdated as Marvel.com and Marvel directory.com lol.

olympian
He was never 85 in water bub. Hes 100.

Out of water he decreases.

gladiator69
Namor in land is Class 100. hes class 100 inside water outside he doesnt have a chance against hulk. laughing laughing

olympian
Right, straigh out of water, i.e land he has only managed to go against Immortal Hercules, at least twice.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by gladiator69
hes class 100 inside water outside he doesnt have a chance against hulk. laughing laughing

Wrong again.

Class 100 straight out of water. And some time after that.

gladiator69
Wrong again. hulk isnt class 100 ? sure buddy

DarkCrawler
hulk isnt class 100 ? sure buddy

No. That Namor is not Class 100 outside water.

That is where you were wrong.

Wickerman
hes class 100 inside water outside he doesnt have a chance against hulk. laughing laughing

He's fought Immortal Hercules out of water smartass roll eyes (sarcastic)

I love people that hear someone say "Oh, Namor out of water is crap" and actually believe that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

gladiator69
Originally posted by Wickerman
He's fought Immortal Hercules out of water smartass roll eyes (sarcastic)

I love people that hear someone say "Oh, Namor out of water is crap" and actually believe that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~ i didnt say he was crap out of the water dumbass. and what does hercules have to do with this post ? put your specs on old man.

gladiator69
No. That Namor is not Class 100 outside water.

That is where you were wrong. i didnt say he was.

olympian
"and what does hercules have to do with this post ?"

Means he has fought Immortal Herc, aka high cl top tier out of water at least twice, without going down -right away out of water-.

And that means out of water, until he starts to wear down he can well fight the Hulk.

Because as we all know, Hulk hasent got a win against Immortal Herc. If you can fight well one you can go against the other.

DarkCrawler
"hes class 100 inside water outside he doesnt have a chance against hulk."

I thought that you said that he is only class 100 inside water and outside he is not.

But Namor has chance against Hulk even when he is not in water.

jgiant
Namor loses, Hulk is stronger and more durable than him, they use to be partners and hulk was always kickin more ass than namor, namor was just sittin on his fishy ass the whole time masterbating to hulk kicking ass...HULK SMASH damnit...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by jgiant
Namor loses, Hulk is stronger and more durable than him, they use to be partners and hulk was always kickin more ass than namor, namor was just sittin on his fishy ass the whole time masterbating to hulk kicking ass...HULK SMASH damnit...

no

jrodslam

Well they still are partners, and Hulk doesnt kick more ass than him. They always compete on who can smash the most enemies, and its usually even.

jgiant
Interesting it seems as though those scans come from over thirty years ago, i fervently believe if they meat today sav hulk would ko namor's ass...hell in one of hulks annuals he fought namor, who btw was fighting mad, hulk not even full strength had the advantage...

DarkCrawler
Interesting it seems as though those scans come from over thirty years ago, i fervently believe if they meat today sav hulk would ko namor's ass...hell in one of hulks annuals he fought namor, who btw was fighting mad, hulk not even full strength had the advantage...

Issue number.

Doesn't still change the fact that Namor has defeated Hulk three times.

jgiant
It was 98' Hulk annual...
I wouldn't count the win when hulk was being controled, hulk had namor on the ropes but he was trying to shake that guy who was trying to control him at the end so i account that for his loss...

jrodslam

30 years ago, 10, whatever, Namor has always been able to hang with Hulk. What would be the difference if they met now? Sometimes they fight to stalemates before being interrupted, and sometimes before being interrupted, one has the advantage over the other. No big deal. 30 years ago, Namor wasnt even classed 100. I think if they fought now, Hulk still wouldnt be able to ko Namor.

DarkCrawler
It was 98' Hulk annual...

Was it this one?

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1892/hulkannual3fj.th.gif

jgiant
Was it this one?

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1892/hulkannual3fj.th.gif Si...

DarkCrawler
Si...

I have the issue and neither of them defeated another there...

jgiant

jrodslam
Originally posted by jrodslam
30 years ago, 10, whatever, Namor has always been able to hang with Hulk. What would be the difference if they met now? Sometimes they fight to stalemates before being interrupted, and sometimes before being interrupted, one has the advantage over the other. No big deal. 30 years ago, Namor wasnt even classed 100. I think if they fought now, Hulk still wouldnt be able to ko Namor.

DarkCrawler
And Hulk clearly was mad in that fight...confused

jgiant
And Hulk clearly was mad in that fight...confused But he was depowered...Originally posted by jrodslam
Hulk has become so much more powerful, what does namor have that hulk doesn't, seriously, except for some fighting experience, hulks power cancels that out, he fuking smashed onslaught's armor, held up a mountain, hell surfur used his power to break galacus's barrier...namor is very powerful indeed, but hulk is a step above him...

jrodslam
But he was depowered... Hulk has become so much more powerful, what does namor have that hulk doesn't, seriously, except for some fighting experience, hulks power cancels that out, he fuking smashed onslaught's armor, held up a mountain, hell surfur used his power to break galacus's barrier...namor is very powerful indeed, but hulk is a step above him...

They both have become more powerful from the 70's, 80's and so on. You make it seem as if one changed and the other didnt. Hulk has always been a step above him in strength so to speak. However, Namor has always been said to be in the same class as Hulk. And in all their fights, its shown. Hulk just cant really beat him.

jgiant
Fish man in same class as hulk until hulk is mad, then HULK SMASH...

jrodslam
Never did surprisingly. sad

jgiant
When was the last time they fought?

jrodslam
They had a really brief scuffle in Defenders Vol. 2 #2.

jgiant
How was it?

jrodslam
Very very short.

And interrupted ofcourse

jgiant
what happened?

jrodslam
They were drawn together(the defenders). Namor wanted to leave, and Hulk was teasing him. Namor said dont touch me. Hulk said touch, then Namor hit him. Namore hit him again, then Hulk hit back. They were at each others throats, then an old farmer came out and interrupted them.

Something like that. Real short.

jgiant
If both written to full potential hulk would win...no dout in my mind...

snoopdogg
If they stay on land Hulk wins 9/10. In the water it tips in favor to Namor 6/10.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by snoopdogg
If they stay on land Hulk wins 9/10. In the water it tips in favor to Namor 6/10.

Namor in water will get 8/10.

jgiant
If they stay on land Hulk wins 9/10. In the water it tips in favor to Namor 6/10. I agree with the first one, but in the water i think hulk still wins by a slight margin of 6/10...

jgiant
Namor in water will get 8/10. SO you argree with hulk winning on land...?

DarkCrawler
I agree with the first one, but in the water i think hulk still wins by a slight margin of 6/10...

no

Never has.

You realize that all the reason Hulk got Namor smashed in the wall in their earlier fight was because Namor saw Vashti?

DarkCrawler
SO you argree with hulk winning on land...?

Yes...

Not with 9/10 though. Namor is MUCH faster and better fighter.

snoopdogg
Hulk does not have the maneuverabilty Namor does in the water. Plus Hulk needs to breath an Namor can survive in water. Hulk does have one win on Namor in the water.

But I still think Namor takes a little more than half the battles in water.

snoopdogg

DarkCrawler

jgiant
no

Never has.

You realize that all the reason Hulk got Namor smashed in the wall in their earlier fight was because Namor saw Vashti? how come attuma beat up namor...

snoopdogg
That was the fight we were talking about.

Namor was smacking Hulk around in the beginning of the fight. Neither defeated another there. Yea but wasn't Hulk winning before he was distracted?

DarkCrawler
how come attuma beat up namor...

Because Attuma had the powers of Hulk...

Add that to his already Class 70 strength, fighting skills and experience, and the fact that he is Atlantean, you get something that is worse then Hulk.

With normal Attuma, the result is like this:

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namorfeat844js.gif
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namorfeat853hz.gif

jrodslam
Well considering whenever they fight on land, they are always pretty much even until being stopped by someone or something. If written at full potential, Hulk shouldnt be able to hit Namor much. His best chance would be to wait till Namor starts getting dehydrated. Even then, theres places where Namor can get refreshed.

On land id give Hulk 6.5/10 in water Namor gets 8/10.

jrodslam
how come attuma beat up namor...

Attuma is Namors no.1 villain. Without any types of distractions, Namor pretty much always whoops his ass.

DarkCrawler
Yea but wasn't Hulk winning before he was distracted?

Namor could have gotten out of that grip...besides...it was Namor who was distracted, that's why he said "by Neptune, no...":

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5605/namorwaterhulk7gi.gif

Sure, he smacked him in the wall. That's not a win... confused

jgiant
Namor could have gotten out of that grip...besides...it was Namor who was distracted, that's why he said "by Neptune, no...":

Sure, he smacked him in the wall. That's not a win... confused He had the advantage...but you are right no win...but hulk can reach attumas strength in time and that is why hulk can win in water also...

jrodslam
but hulk can reach attumas strength in time and that is why hulk can win in water also...

Win against attuma yea. Get A win against Namor? Sure. Win the majority over Namor? No.

DarkCrawler
He had the advantage...but you are right no win...but hulk can reach attumas strength in time and that is why hulk can win in water also...

Attuma has other things that enable him to be better then Hulk.

jgiant
What the hell has atttuma got, those scans you posted made him look like a pitiful b!tch ass...

Adam Warlock
Plus Hulk needs to breath an Namor can survive in water.

Actually he can breathe in water.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/underwater28ss.jpg

But Hulk still loses underwater.

On land, Hulk 7 times out of 10.

In water, Namor 8.5 times out of 10.

Namor's just to versatile and hits nearly as hard as Hulk does in water.

scotsmn
On land:
Hulk starts at 100ish and gets stronger
Namor starts at 100ish and gets weaker

Hulk has very high durability
Namor is pretty high durability

Hulk has a healing factor
Namor has no healing factor

Hulk 10/10

--------------
In water:

Namor starts at 100ish and stays there

Hulk has very high durability
Namor has very high durability

Hulk has a healing factor
Namor has a healing factor (water heals him)

Hulk is slowed down by his shape in water
Namor becomes more versatile in the water

Hulk 5-6/10 (now that Hulk can breathe underwater)

DarkCrawler
What the hell has atttuma got, those scans you posted made him look like a pitiful b!tch ass...

Hey, when Namor goes ape-shit on you, there is not anything else you could look like...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by scotsmn

Namor starts at 100ish and stays there

Namor is well over 100 tons.

Adam Warlock
Namor will still take it more times than Hulk underwater. Just because he can breath underwater isn't gonna save him from the ass whooping Namor will give him. Hulk is tough, but underwater, it's Namor's world. He moves faster, is much more versatile, and is used to fighting underwater unlike the Hulk.

scotsmn
Underwater, if he grabs him.. which he has done several times in the past, Hulk can rip his arms off with his superior strength. Let's be real, anyone who can lift a mountain is going to be able to pull off this minor feat of strength.

jrodslam
Underwater, if he grabs him.. which he has done several times in the past, Hulk can rip his arms off with his superior strength. Let's be real, anyone who can lift a mountain is going to be able to pull off this minor feat of strength.

no

cheldon
namor dies. he doesn't have a super fast healing ability. hulk will get stronger and eventually rip his head off

snoopdogg
On land:
Namor starts at 100ish and gets weaker

I actually got a chuckle out of that.

Anyways in the water Namor has alot of options he can use for a win. Most of them have been covered already.

On land I still say Hulk 9/10. When I mean on land I mean no water hydrants, swimming pools etc.

scotsmn
I actually got a chuckle out of that.

Anyways in the water Namor has alot of options he can use for a win. Most of them have been covered already.

On land I still say Hulk 9/10. When I mean on land I mean no water hydrants, swimming pools etc.

Nothing really funny there. Namor depends on water for his strength and must go back to water to recharge himself. It's a fact that on dry land he gets weaker... and weaker..... and weaker.

If you were referring to either one of their base strength then maybe I was off a few tons for Namor... not that it would matter since Hulk gets stronger with rage.

jgiant
Namor doesn't have the stamina or raw power or durability to take on hulk in water and especially land...

DarkCrawler
Namor doesn't have the stamina or raw power or durability to take on hulk in water and especially land...

Namor doesn't have stamina?

He has infinite stamina in water...

I don't know what you are talking about... confused

And he surely has enough raw power to take on Hulk.

DarkCrawler

If you were referring to either one of their base strength then maybe I was off a few tons for Namor... not that it would matter since Hulk gets stronger with rage.

Few tons? Namor was able to lift 10,000 tons as an 18 year old...thats WAY above 100 tons.

He was able to lift something like 200,000 later...

And Namor gets stronger with rage too:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30815311057.gif&s=x11

"Doubles and redoubles."

scotsmn
Few tons? Namor was able to lift 10,000 tons as an 18 year old...thats WAY above 100 tons.

He was able to lift something like 200,000 later...

And Namor gets stronger with rage too:

"Doubles and redoubles."

Yeah he doubles and redoubles the power of his attack. I can do that too if I start off punches at less than my max strength. And you may be taking that phrase a bit too literally. Also, 200,000 tons in water is not the same as 200,000 on land... but you probably know that already.

Let's not compare feats of strength here though since Hulk's are completely ridiculous. Let's just accept that Hulk is stronger and when he's very angry, he's A LOT stronger.

DarkCrawler
I'm not saying that Namor is stronger, I am saying that he is strong enough to compete with Hulk.

And in that scan, author also says that him doubling and redoubling is "an utterly impossible feat", so I don't think thats the same as you punching.

Melnorme
Sure, he smacked him in the wall. That's not a win... confused

That sequence, starting with the "TWAP" and leading up to that last frame looked like a win to me. Namor's head was obviously about to be turned into an oily film in the water.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Melnorme
That sequence, starting with the "TWAP" and leading up to that last frame looked like a win to me. Namor's head was obviously about to be turned into an oily film in the water.

Namor noticed Vashti by that time and didn't concetrate on that battle no loger...hence why he said "by Neptune, no..."

scotsmn
Namor noticed Vashti by that time and didn't concetrate on that battle no loger...hence why he said "by Neptune, no..."

Distracted or not, he was about to be on the receiving end of something awful. It's safe to assume that Hulk would have hit him again, regardless.

DarkCrawler
Distracted or not, he was about to be on the receiving end of something awful. It's safe to assume that Hulk would have hit him again, regardless.

And he could have gotten out of it...and it's not like one blow would have knocked him out...the man has survived full hit from Mjolnir without no effects. Twice. On land.

Melnorme

Okay, but he only noticed Vashti after he had already gotten housed, so it's a moot point.

scotsmn
Dark, it's not CERTAIN that he would have hit Namor agains the rock but it's likely. He had just received a pretty devastating attack and Hulk was already set up to give him a massive right hand while he was still hunched over. Look at Namor's feet in that scan. They aren't even planted on the floor... Hulk would have probably knocked him completely out there since he was obviously getting really mad.

gladiator69
hulkster of course. does namor get stronger and stronger the more you piss him off ?

Melnorme
hulkster of course. does namor get stronger and stronger the more you piss him off ?

Apparently some fans seem to think so. confused

DarkCrawler
Okay, but he only noticed Vashti after he had already gotten housed, so it's a moot point.

And...just because he smacked him in the wall, doesn't mean that it was a win. Namor was kicking Hulk's ass before it.

DarkCrawler

We all get more power through rage. It's called adrenaline. Yes, Namor gets stronger when he is angrier - not on the level that Hulk gets, but still, stonger. Did you see the pic I posted?

gladiator69

namor of course is class 100 also. but he doesnt get stronger and stronger i dont know where the hell u herd that from

DarkCrawler
Dark, it's not CERTAIN that he would have hit Namor agains the rock but it's likely. He had just received a pretty devastating attack and Hulk was already set up to give him a massive right hand while he was still hunched over. Look at Namor's feet in that scan. They aren't even planted on the floor... Hulk would have probably knocked him completely out there since he was obviously getting really mad.

They are not planted on the floor, because he was completely shocked when seeing Vashti. He was not able to help Hulk against Vashti in few pages, he was that shocked. Can't you see that he is playing no attention to Hulk?

DarkCrawler
namor of course is class 100 also. but he doesnt get stronger and stronger i dont know where the hell u herd that from

gladiator69
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/30815311057.gif&s=x11 a pic. of namor knocking the hell out of some crap. wow !
ive never seen that before

Melnorme
And...just because he smacked him in the wall, doesn't mean that it was a win. Namor was kicking Hulk's ass before it.

Any scans of that part? I saw what you put up before, and I must have missed it.

And Hulk didn't "just smack him in (sic) a wall". He slammed him into a wall, keeping his feet from getting any leverage on the ground (as noted), and had him pinned there with one arm, while he cocked back the other arm to finish it. Namor was done. It's as plain as day. And he only got "distracted" after he already had his arse handed to him on a plate, so there's no point in bringing that up.

scotsmn
All that shows is him punching some guy over and over. Forget about the whole "Namor gets stronger with anger" because when it's put next to Hulk's abilit to do so, it's microscopic in comparison.

DarkCrawler
Any scans of that part? I saw what you put up before, and I must have missed it.

And Hulk didn't "just smack him in (sic) a wall". He slammed him into a wall, keeping his feet from getting any leverage on the ground (as noted), and had him pinned there with one arm, while he cocked back the other arm to finish it. Namor was done. It's as plain as day. And he only got "distracted" after he already had his arse handed to him on a plate, so there's no point in bringing that up.

Please. Namor doesn't even try to struggle. He smashed him in the wall, then he noted Vashti. Namor's legs were free, his other hand was free, but there he was, lying all limp, no fighting spirit left in him. That was because he had just saw perhaps his greatest friend and mentor as monster. This is the same Namor who carried Human Torch on the sea even if he had special vunerability to heat. The guy who continued protecting his friend with a gaping sword hole on his chest. The guy who took shots from Mjolnir and got right back up.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8052/namorhulk14az.th.gif
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5479/namorhulk28sa.th.gif

DarkCrawler
All that shows is him punching some guy over and over. Forget about the whole "Namor gets stronger with anger" because when it's put next to Hulk's abilit to do so, it's microscopic in comparison.

And that's why I said:

We all get more power through rage. It's called adrenaline. Yes, Namor gets stronger when he is angrier - not on the level that Hulk gets, but still, stonger. Did you see the pic I posted?

scotsmn
Alright, so we agree that Namor getting stronger is a non-issue next to Hulk's ability to do so.

jrodslam
Alright, so we agree that Namor getting stronger is a non-issue next to Hulk's ability to do so.

But its irrelevant to the point because although Hulk can get stronger than Namor, he has yet to do so and ko him.

scotsmn
Originally posted by jrodslam
But its irrelevant to the point because although Hulk can get stronger than Namor, he has yet to do so and ko him.

He has been stronger than Namor on many occassions. Do you mean during a battle between the two of them? Even if that's what you mean, I still think you're wrong. Look at the scan where Hulk slams him against the rock. It looks like Hulk's anger level has gotten to the point where his strength has eclipsed Namor's

DarkCrawler
He has been stronger than Namor on many occassions. Do you mean during a battle between the two of them? Even if that's what you mean, I still think you're wrong. Look at the scan where Hulk slams him against the rock. It looks like Hulk's anger level has gotten to the point where his strength has eclipsed Namor's

He just grabs Namor and slams him in the wall.

Does he need lot of strenght for that? Namor only weighs 320 lbs...

jrodslam

Do i mean during battle between the two of them? Is this not Namor vs Hulk?

I can post a scan where Namor punches Hulk into a mountain. Because Hulk slames Namor into a wall means nothing.

Melnorme
Please. Namor doesn't even try to struggle. He smashed him in the wall, then he noted Vashti. Namor's legs were free, his other hand was free, but there he was, lying all limp, no fighting spirit left in him. That was because he had just saw perhaps his greatest friend and mentor as monster.
Revisionist take on it. He got slammed into a wall and went "all limp" before he even saw Vashti and gave his little exclamation. The panel speaks for itself. He got rocked, no matter how much you chase your tail trying to prove it isn't so.

As was said before. It's Hulk 9/10 on the land, Namor 6/10 underwater. He's got a chance, but only underwater...because no one is stronger than the Hulk! big grin

DarkCrawler
Revisionist take on it. He got slammed into a wall and went "all limp" before he even saw Vashti and gave his little exclamation. The panel speaks for itself. He got rocked, no matter how much you chase your tail trying to prove it isn't so.

You usually go limp when you go smashed into somewhere. Doesn't meant that he could not recover from it. But he continued being limp because of the shock of seeing Vashti.

He was fine two panels later.

scotsmn
You usually go limp when you go smashed into somewhere. Doesn't meant that he could not recover from it. But he continued being limp because of the shock of seeing Vashti.

He was fine two panels later.

Yet Hulk carried the momentum at that moment since it was Namor who got slammed, not Hulk. Because of that, Hulk would have been able to strike at least one more time.

When Hulk slammed Namor, it was a harder hit than any he had received during the fight because.... Hulk continues to get stronger during his fights. The longer they take, the greater the chance of Hulk winning. If you look at the scans, once Hulk realizes his blood was used he gets really pissed really quickly and the fight quickly turns in his favor.

DarkCrawler
Yet Hulk carried the momentum at that moment since it was Namor who got slammed, not Hulk. Because of that, Hulk would have been able to strike at least one more time.

When Hulk slammed Namor, it was a harder hit than any he had received during the fight because.... Hulk continues to get stronger during his fights. The longer they take, the greater the chance of Hulk winning. If you look at the scans, once Hulk realizes his blood was used he gets really pissed really quickly and the fight quickly turns in his favor.

The smash hurt Namor. But it's not like it would have gotten him out of the game. Or the punch. Hulk has punched Namor numerous times and Namor has been knocked out maybe once(not sure if he was knocked out or was he just in pain with his eyes closed)...and even then he recovered faster then Hulk. And 80% in fights between Hulk and Namor are Savage Hulk who gets madder all the time. Namor has yet lost.
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1782/namorsmashinghulk6mc.gif

The fight turned into Namor's favor at there, but the fight ended in stalemate. Just because someone gets upper hand in some point of the battle, they don't neccessary automatically win it. Namor's taken far worse blows then the blow that Hulk could have put there, and survived well. He was just taken by suprise.

scotsmn
I guess all that's left to argue is whether the level of strength that Hulk had reached at that point (he became very angry when he found out they used his blood for their purposes) would have been enough to knock out Namor. If it was not, how much longer before he did knock Namor out? Hulk's strength was continuing to go up... look at the way the muscles on his back were flexing.. he was gonna really let one go.

DarkCrawler
I guess all that's left to argue is whether the level of strength that Hulk had reached at that point (he became very angry when he found out they used his blood for their purposes) would have been enough to knock out Namor. If it was not, how much longer before he did knock Namor out? Hulk's strength was continuing to go up... look at the way the muscles on his back were flexing.. he was gonna really let one go.

But would that one knocked Namor out?

This one didn't:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2039/namorfeat367wt.gif

Of course, if the Hulk gets on the planet exploding shots...then he will probably knock out Namor.

It's also here that Namor seemed to be knocked out also:

But he recovered faster then Hulk, who was still flying when Namor recovered.

cheldon
Namor doesn't have stamina?

He has infinite stamina in water...

I don't know what you are talking about... confused

And he surely has enough raw power to take on Hulk.

sure he does. until hulk surpasses him the longer the fight goes. namor punches him and he heals almost instantly. it's a dead end

DarkCrawler
But what if Namor knocks him out before he gets to high levels:

scotsmn
But would that one knocked Namor out?

This one didn't:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2039/namorfeat367wt.gif

Of course, if the Hulk gets on the planet exploding shots...then he will probably knock out Namor.

It's also here that Namor seemed to be knocked out also:

But he recovered faster then Hulk, who was still flying when Namor recovered.

Thor's hammer vs an enraged Hulk's fist may not be the same level of impact.

Namor recovered faster than Hulk because he was in the WATER while Hulk was knocked upwards and landed on the land.

Keep in mind that was the old stupid hulk, not the smart version he's fighting in their most recent encounter.

cheldon

that's one of the many versions of hulk. he's been vaporized and healed back in one minute.

cheldon

who ever made this thread needs to be more specific: is it war hulk, savage hulk, mindless hulk, enraged hulk, grey hulk, banner hulk?

Melnorme

Like I said, Namor would have the odds in the water, but on the land, he would lose.

DarkCrawler

The impact that the hammer made was pretty damn strong. It leveled the entire ground.

Namor recovered faster than Hulk because he was in the WATER while Hulk was knocked upwards and landed on the land.

And thats the point. Namor recovers faster because of the water. He has healing factor there.

Keep in mind that was the old stupid hulk, not the smart version he's fighting in their most recent encounter.

But their punches have the same effect, no?

DarkCrawler
Like I said, Namor would have the odds in the water, but on the land, he would lose.

I know, but I think we left that issue a long ago... smile

I think we are discussing if the Hulk would have won that fight in Annual if Namor was not distracted.

Melnorme
I know, but I think we left that issue a long ago... smile

I think we are discussing if the Hulk would have won that fight in Annual if Namor was not distracted.

Well, if that's the case.

I agree, he certainly could have, but I think he was pretty hard up. With all due respect to your very sound observations, if Namor hadn't pulled a "what in the world is that over there!?" schtick to keep the Hulk from hammering his head, repeatedly, into that rock, the pummeling would have likely bested even the great Scion of Atlantis. The Hulk had the jump on him, and had him held pretty snugly between a proverbial rock and a hard place. He might have tried to break the Hulk's grasp, but that would necessarily leave his head pretty unguarded for that first punch. He could have blocked the punches, but then he would be too preoccupied to break that hold any time soon.

I think the Hulk almost surely had him. Namor could have gotten lucky, of course, but even with his formidable skills, it would have taken more than a little luck to be able to rally and beat the Hulk.

But that's just one man's opinion. wink

joesha28

the "smart" Hulk is the prof i assume, will be whipped.

joesha28

I agree, he certainly could have, but I think he was pretty hard up. With all due respect to your very sound observations, if Namor hadn't pulled a "what in the world is that over there!?" schtick to keep the Hulk from hammering his head, repeatedly, into that rock, the pummeling would have likely bested even the great Scion of Atlantis. The Hulk had the jump on him, and had him held pretty snugly between a proverbial rock and a hard place. He might have tried to break the Hulk's grasp, but that would necessarily leave his head pretty unguarded for that first punch. He could have blocked the punches, but then he would be too preoccupied to break that hold any time soon.

I think the Hulk almost surely had him. Namor could have gotten lucky, of course, but even with his formidable skills, it would have taken more than a little luck to be able to rally and beat the Hulk.

Namor going down without a fight? Beats me..... Hulk landing a punch on Namor will be a toss-up. Which i think namor cld pretty much duck.

joesha28
bump

Melnorme
Originally posted by joesha28
Namor going down without a fight? Beats me..... Hulk landing a punch on Namor will be a toss-up. Which i think namor cld pretty much duck.

Not sure if you realized, but that was in reference to this scan:

joesha28
I looked at it..... was Namor even bothered to fight Hulk? Taking a punch from Hulk is something to worry abt. That was coming imminently but Namor just look behind Hulk?

scotsmn

This post pretty much sums it up. In this fight, Hulk was the victor.. if it had continued it would have simply ended up in a KO. Doesn't mean every fight in the water would result in a Hulk win, but this one would have.

DarkCrawler
Okay. Namor was grabbed. But you can see that one of his hands is free. Namor has been grabbed numerous times by his enemies, and his speed and skill have managed him to get out of it. I have also hard time to believe that one punch had knocked him out. Namor has resisted full strikes from Mjonir, countless similar punches from uber-mad Hulk, and another impacts, so it is very unlikely that one punch from Hulk would have knocked him out. And, every time Hulk has to punch him, he has to pull his fist back. Namor, whose speed outclasses Hulk, would have time to get free, with something like Judo throw or kick him away like he does in one of the pictures away. Since Hulk is only holding his arm, he would have some leverage for dodging too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.