Megaman X vs Kirby

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DiamondBullets
They're both tougher than shit and can steal their oppenents' powers. I think that Kirby would just catch the X-buster's bolts and then just spit them back at X, which would kill him.....and then he would do that little victory dance

Acrosurge
Never seen Kirby catch energy blasts as big as the kind X can dish out. Likely, X will see Kirby as completely non threatening and take him out for icecream.

Shadow x 20
This is Megaman X? That's overkill for crying out loud.

DiamondBullets
Actually, Kirby would prolly swallow the energy blasts and then he would have the armor and the suit, and the fight would be even!

swedish_bum
No way dude X kills him like a bug laughing

Acrosurge
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Actually, Kirby would prolly swallow the energy blasts and then he would have the armor and the suit, and the fight would be even! Now, this doesn't really make much sense to me. Granted, I'm not familiar with any of the Kirby games beyond the SNES version, but I've never seen Kirby suck a blast of energy without being harmed by it. Example, Kirby tries to suck a laser: he gets hurt. X's blasts are many, many times stronger than anything in Popstar, so I see Kirby getting vaporized if he attempts to swallow them.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Now, this doesn't really make much sense to me. Granted, I'm not familiar with any of the Kirby games beyond the SNES version, but I've never seen Kirby suck a blast of energy without being harmed by it. Example, Kirby tries to suck a laser: he gets hurt. X's blasts are many, many times stronger than anything in Popstar, so I see Kirby getting vaporized if he attempts to swallow them.

When he swallows those stars, what do think they represent?--energy! He can also swallow sonic waves. I'm sorry, but X gets turned into scrap and recycled into soda cans....

Shadow x 20
What are you talking about? Kirby can take some abilites but he wouldn't even be a match for X. This is overkill. X freakin pwns Kirby.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
What are you talking about? Kirby can take some abilites but he wouldn't even be a match for X. This is overkill. X freakin pwns Kirby. I have to agree. Again, I've never seen Kirby swallow energy attacks. The stars I remember him swallowing are his own, dropped abilities. When other enemies fire blasts at him, he can't absorb them (lasers, fireballs, blades, plasma). Suppose Kirby can swallow Sonic Waves, it doesn't really matter. X fires enormous bursts of hyper-condensed plasma energy. Without shields or armor, a single, uncharged X-Buster blast would incinerate Kirby.

DiamondBullets
I When other enemies fire blasts at him, he can't absorb them (lasers, fireballs, blades, plasma). Without shields or armor, a single, uncharged X-Buster blast would incinerate Kirby.

Lasers, fireballs, blades, and plasma---The Pink Punisher is capable of swallowing all of those things and converting them into his own weapon and he even resemlbes that particular enemy when he does so. Just play any Kirby game, and you'll see. The key difference between X and Kirby, is that X can only acquire enemies' powers after he kills them. Kirby can do that in mid-fight, which gives him a distincted advantage over that robot.

An X-Buster blast would not incinerate him, it would only make him fly futher, until he regained balance and flew back to the fight. Like I said, he would swallow an X-Buster blast, become "X-Kirby", complete with the armor, weapons, helmet, and even that goofy sliding ability. With equal weapons, X would be about as difficult as King Dedede.

I think the fact that your a Megaman X fan, combined with the fact that you know next to nothing about Kirby, prevents you from making an impartial desicion. I'll admit that MMX is tougher than shit--he's one bad mother-lover, but every dog has his day, and that machine is no exception. The Kirb would eviscerate that bucket of bolts, and Dr. Light would be rolling over in his grave. 'Naw mean?

btw: I think Crystal Snail is the hardest boss from an X game, but Kirby would short-circut him as well.

Acrosurge
Lasers, fireballs, blades, and plasma---The Pink Punisher is capable of swallowing all of those things and converting them into his own weapon and he even resemlbes that particular enemy when he does so. Just play any Kirby game, and you'll see.Reference games please. Kirby could not swallow offensive energy attacks in Kirby's Dreamland (1,2), Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Super Star, or Super Smash Bro. Melee.

The key difference between X and Kirby, is that X can only acquire enemies' powers after he kills them. Kirby can do that in mid-fight, which gives him a distincted advantage over that robot.You seem to have overlooked several other distinctions. X is vastly superior in strength, speed, durability, fighting experience (he's been figthing Mavericks for nearly 2 centuries), and firepower. He's also tall and blue. Not short. Not pink.

An X-Buster blast would not incinerate him, it would only make him fly futher, until he regained balance and flew back to the fight....Perhaps if the fight took place in Super Smash Bro. In a neutral environment, Kirby would be a torch at best, but more likely pink vapor.

Like I said, he would swallow an X-Buster blast, become "X-Kirby", complete with the armor, weapons, helmet, and even that goofy sliding ability.Slide? Forgive me, but sliding is one of Mega Man's techniques, not X's. And please reference games in which Kirby swallows energy attacks on par with an X-Buster blast.

I think the fact that your a Megaman X fan, combined with the fact that you know next to nothing about Kirby, prevents you from making an impartial desicion. I'll admit that MMX is tougher than shit--he's one bad mother-lover, but every dog has his day, and that machine is no exception. The Kirb would eviscerate that bucket of bolts, and Dr. Light would be rolling over in his grave.Fallacies not withstanding, the fact that you seem to consider X to be a simple machine, and that you've confused one of his techniques with one of Mega Man's, suggest that you do not know the X series very well. Are you a Kirby fanboy/girl?

btw: I think Crystal Snail is the hardest boss from an X game, but Kirby would short-circut him as well. laughing
Again, forgive me. Its clear you really don't know the X series very well if you believe Crystal Snail is the hardest X Boss. Its okay though. smile To each to his own game series.

I personally think that Great Redips, Ninetails, or Omega are probably the most powerful X Bosses (darn those near omnipotent villains!). Lumine or Sigma are probably the toughest to take on gameplay-wise. Lumine could kill with a single attack and Sigma, well, he's just Sigma.

DiamondBullets
Are you a Kirby fanboy/girl?

laughing
Again, forgive me. Its clear you really don't know the X series very well if you believe Crystal Snail is the hardest X Boss. Its okay though. smile To each to his own game series.

I'm a fan of both Kirby and Megaman X. And I am very familiar with the X series. 1-3 on super-nintendo are my favorites. In MMX-7 they started going 3-D, and replaced X with some little phaggot named Axl--two things I didn't like. Crystal Snail IS hard if you just use X-buster, instead of Magna Centipede's weapon (which is his weakness). In fact, many bosses from the X series are pretty damn hard if you just rely on the X-buster instead of their weakness (which I try to do). Spark Mandrill, Boomer Kuwanger, Flame Stag, Wheel gator, Magna Centipede, Crystal Snail, Volt Catfish, and Crush Crawfish are all hard, IMO, if you just use the Xbuster. Now if I were to use the magnet mine, then yeah, I could prolly waste Crystal Snail in about 10 shots. But even you gotta admit he's tough with just the X-buster.

Suppose you're right, and Kirby couldn't swallow a blast from X. No sweat, he would just fly up to him and swallow X himself, and become X-Kirby and beat the robot with his own weapon.

I have no idea why your so hellbent on thinking X would win no matter what. Maybe its cuz ur a die-hard X fan who dont know much about the Pink Punisher. And by the way, the he can swallow energy attacks in Kirby's Dreamland 3, and Kirby Superstar.

Shadow x 20
Look when Kirby sucks up a foe Kirby only gains a few of their abilites. Kirby wouldn't even be on the same level as X.

Acrosurge
I'm a fan of both Kirby and Megaman X. And I am very familiar with the X series. 1-3 on super-nintendo are my favorites. In MMX-7 they started going 3-D, and replaced X with some little phaggot named Axl--two things I didn't like.The American voice for Axl was absolutely horrible. The original VA and the one from MMX8 and MMX:Command Mission was great. The character itself is quite interesting. You do realized that Axl didn't replace X, right? You merely couldn't play as X until later in that game.

Crystal Snail IS hard if you just use X-buster, instead of Magna Centipede's weapon (which is his weakness). In fact, many bosses from the X series are pretty damn hard if you just rely on the X-buster instead of their weakness (which I try to do). Spark Mandrill, Boomer Kuwanger, Flame Stag, Wheel gator, Magna Centipede, Crystal Snail, Volt Catfish, and Crush Crawfish are all hard, IMO, if you just use the Xbuster. Now if I were to use the magnet mine, then yeah, I could prolly waste Crystal Snail in about 10 shots. But even you gotta admit he's tough with just the X-buster.I beat Crystal Snail today with nothing but the X-Buster (no armor, no heart tanks, no sub tanks) on my second try. A challenge, yes, but hardly the most difficult boss of all time. I'm curious, you said Kirby would short circuit the Snail. Just how were you thinking he would do that?

Suppose you're right, and Kirby couldn't swallow a blast from X. No sweat, he would just fly up to him and swallow X himself, and become X-Kirby and beat the robot with his own weapon.How? X is vastly stronger and faster. He's also got that nifty EM friction system that allows him to cling to walls and floors. Not to mention Kirby can't even suck up stronger foes.

I have no idea why your so hellbent on thinking X would win no matter what. Maybe its cuz ur a die-hard X fan who dont know much about the Pink Punisher. And by the way, the he can swallow energy attacks in Kirby's Dreamland 3, and Kirby Superstar.I'm not the authority on Kirby, but Kirby's Adventure was my favorite NES game of all time (even over Mega Mans 1-6), so I wouldn't say I know nothing. I've played Kirby Superstar; I don't remember him being able to suck in all energy attacks. Can you be more specific? Maybe list the enemies and specific types of energy Kirby can suck in? I'm having a really difficult time believing Kirby has sucked in attacks on par with X's blasts.

Hoshi
remember that kirby literally can cut a star as big as the moon with his bare hands as shown in the minigame big grin , although a funny comparisson it is true, kirby can suck beams from plasma and lava . Kirby can also call for some help from the stars , that is right, STARS , like he did on the sn versions.And in the super nes version kirby can create a partner with the power of the enemy he just sucked, so that means he would be able to create a guy with the same power as X , if he suck his blast .

DiamondBullets
The American voice for Axl was absolutely horrible. The original VA and the one from MMX8 and MMX:Command Mission was great. The character itself is quite interesting. You do realized that Axl didn't replace X, right? You merely couldn't play as X until later in that game.

I beat Crystal Snail today with nothing but the X-Buster (no armor, no heart tanks, no sub tanks) on my second try. A challenge, yes, but hardly the most difficult boss of all time. I'm curious, you said Kirby would short circuit the Snail. Just how were you thinking he would do that?

How? X is vastly stronger and faster. He's also got that nifty EM friction system that allows him to cling to walls and floors. Not to mention Kirby can't even suck up stronger foes.

I'm not the authority on Kirby, but Kirby's Adventure was my favorite NES game of all time (even over Mega Mans 1-6), so I wouldn't say I know nothing. I've played Kirby Superstar; I don't remember him being able to suck in all energy attacks. Can you be more specific? Maybe list the enemies and specific types of energy Kirby can suck in? I'm having a really difficult time believing Kirby has sucked in attacks on par with X's blasts.

What the f**k? You beat Crystal Snail with no benefits in 2 tries? Well somebody either has a lot of time on their hands and/or plays that shit religiously. Personally, I havent played super-nintendo in years. And how would Kirby beat the snail? Well, seeing that his weapon the "crystal hunter" is of a physical existence, he would swallow it and dish out an ass-whooping to that creature.

What enemies? Um, I can think of two off the bat: Waddle Doo and Plasma Wisp. I dont know about you, but I dont try to memorize every minor enemy from every video game. And look what Hoshi said, he could destroy stars and swallow plasma and lava, so one of X's laser-bullets would be no biggie.

Acrosurge
What the f**k? You beat Crystal Snail with no benefits in 2 tries?What can I say? Its a gift. Or an obsession. Or both. smile

And how would Kirby beat the snail? Well, seeing that his weapon the "crystal hunter" is of a physical existence, he would swallow it and dish out an ass-whooping to that creature.How will Kirby affect Crystal Snail with his own weapon? Snail is totally immune to the Crystal Hunter.

What enemies? Um, I can think of two off the bat: Waddle Doo and Plasma Wisp. I dont know about you, but I dont try to memorize every minor enemy from every video game. And look what Hoshi said, he could destroy stars and swallow plasma and lava, so one of X's laser-bullets would be no biggie. My apologies. I was just asking for examples. So, can Kirby suck in all the attacks that his bosses dish out? Can he duplicate his bosses too, without wearing them down first? Without exception? How does he do with rapid fire blasts? Seems to me Kirby can only suck in one thing at a time, or has that changed too over the years?

Stars, huh? Are these like actual, millions of miles in diameter, plasma-base stars, or the twinkly, five-pointed, Popstar-variety?

Shadow x 20
Not to mention Kirby cannot suck up anything too big or heavy

DiamondBullets
Not to mention Kirby cannot suck up anything too big or heavy

On the contrary; he suck up Bowser and Donkey Kong. Therefore, metal-head would be no sweat.

Hoshi
kirby can even get more powers than the enemy he sucked , and kirby can suck metal mario , metal bowser, giga bowser , super giant donkey kong ,etc.

Hoshi
and in fact kirby called for the help of hia galaxy sun , of course the sun was only the size of a moon , but it was huge anyway.

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Hoshi
kirby can even get more powers than the enemy he sucked , and kirby can suck metal mario , metal bowser, giga bowser , super giant donkey kong ,etc.
Too bad that's no cannon for it was Super Smash Bros. game. If that's true then Mewtwo can get pwned by Pichu.

Inspectah Deck
Kirby would win. He has all the advantages

Shadow x 20
X pwns Kirby.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Hoshi
and in fact kirby called for the help of hia galaxy sun , of course the sun was only the size of a moon , but it was huge anyway. So the power wasn't Kirby's, but belonged to the star. That hardly counts as an innate ability.

And again, SSB cannot count as canon evidence for Kirby sucking in larger, more powerful foes. To support the claim, you must draw canon evidence from Kirby's series.

I noticed that no one answered my point on rapid fire blasts. Can Kirby suck in large, rapid fire blasts? Even if he could suck in one, the successors would vaporize him, since Kirby seems capable of holding one object in his mouth at a time.

DiamondBullets
So the power wasn't Kirby's, but belonged to the star. That hardly counts as an innate ability.

And again, SSB cannot count as canon evidence for Kirby sucking in larger, more powerful foes. To support the claim, you must draw canon evidence from Kirby's series.

I noticed that no one answered my point on rapid fire blasts. Can Kirby suck in large, rapid fire blasts? Even if he could suck in one, the successors would vaporize him, since Kirby seems capable of holding one object in his mouth at a time.

Yes SSB, can be used as evidence, X and Kirby are a couple of god-damn fictional characters somebody made up sittting at a drawing board. You make it sound like were betting 50,000 on a big time heavyweight boxing match in Vegas. If X appeared in a lot of other games not relevent to his own series, you know that you sure as hell would be using them. Yes Kirby would swallow a blast, and then dodge the next one and spit it at tha robot.

SSB is a Nintendo trade mark as is Kirby, so yes it's relevent. Just like when Mega Man (Rock) appeared in Capcom vs Marvel, thats also relevent. The same company who made them is using them, just in another game. So dont use that crap, boy.

DiamondBullets
X pwns Kirby.

Kirby pwns X.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Kirby would win. He has all the advantages

yes

dvampire
X wins IMO for now.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by dvampire
X wins IMO for now. rock

SSB as canon for this argument, DiamondBullets? So by association, you're saying that Pikachu can school Mewtwo? And that Mario and Luigi can casually shrug off hits from saber weapons, Samus's Beam Cannon and the mighty Star Rod? That's some rather shaky logic you've selected to defend your point. Let's explore, shall we?

The Star Rod is one of Kirby's mightier weapons, according to the plot of Kirby's Adventure. In SSB, it is a moderate weapon at best, overshadowed by other weapons, such as the Hammer (a freakin' hammer!). At most, the Star Rod's blasts knock opponents back a few paces. From SSB logic, we can conclude that the Star Rod isn't that impressive. And it has been said to be one of Kirby's strongest weapons. Following the logic, we must conclude that Kirby's other attacks must be equal to or less than the power of the Star Rod. That means that, according to the logic you have chosen, Kirby's best attacks would do little more than knock X back a bit (assuming they could connect).

No doubt you will revisit your point that Kirby could suck X in and steal his powers. You are suggesting that Kirby with X's powers could beat X, correct? You are suggesting that Kirby with X's powers would do more damage than the Star Rod, which we must conclude can do little more than push X around. Hence, you are suggesting that X and his powers are more powerful than Kirby and the Star Rod (and the whole of the weapons in SSB, which also do little more than knock characters around).

That's quite a claim suggested by SSB logic! X being more powerful than all the SSB characters and weapons...

I like it! smile

Shadow x 20
Yes SSB, can be used as evidence, X and Kirby are a couple of god-damn fictional characters somebody made up sittting at a drawing board. You make it sound like were betting 50,000 on a big time heavyweight boxing match in Vegas. If X appeared in a lot of other games not relevent to his own series, you know that you sure as hell would be using them. Yes Kirby would swallow a blast, and then dodge the next one and spit it at tha robot.

SSB is a Nintendo trade mark as is Kirby, so yes it's relevent. Just like when Mega Man (Rock) appeared in Capcom vs Marvel, thats also relevent. The same company who made them is using them, just in another game. So dont use that crap, boy.
Let's use SSB as cannon then. Kirby can't suck up beams in SSB so that's not a problem.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by dvampire
X wins IMO for now.

Why for now? Any blast made at Kirby he will simple shallow it and get the powers himself

dvampire
Why for now? Any blast made at Kirby he will simple shallow it and get the powers himself

The reason I said for now because, someone may know alot more about Kirby than I do, making me change my mind. smile

dvampire
rock

SSB as canon for this argument, DiamondBullets? So by association, you're saying that Pikachu can school Mewtwo? And that Mario and Luigi can casually shrug off hits from saber weapons, Samus's Beam Cannon and the mighty Star Rod? That's some rather shaky logic you've selected to defend your point. Let's explore, shall we?

The Star Rod is one of Kirby's mightier weapons, according to the plot of Kirby's Adventure. In SSB, it is a moderate weapon at best, overshadowed by other weapons, such as the Hammer (a freakin' hammer!). At most, the Star Rod's blasts knock opponents back a few paces. From SSB logic, we can conclude that the Star Rod isn't that impressive. And it has been said to be one of Kirby's strongest weapons. Following the logic, we must conclude that Kirby's other attacks must be equal to or less than the power of the Star Rod. That means that, according to the logic you have chosen, Kirby's best attacks would do little more than knock X back a bit (assuming they could connect).

No doubt you will revisit your point that Kirby could suck X in and steal his powers. You are suggesting that Kirby with X's powers could beat X, correct? You are suggesting that Kirby with X's powers would do more damage than the Star Rod, which we must conclude can do little more than push X around. Hence, you are suggesting that X and his powers are more powerful than Kirby and the Star Rod (and the whole of the weapons in SSB, which also do little more than knock characters around).

That's quite a claim suggested by SSB logic! X being more powerful than all the SSB characters and weapons...

I like it! smile

Great post! That's why I pick Megaman. smile

DiamondBullets
Ok, and if Mega man can get his ass kicked by E. Honda and Dhalsim, then that doesn't say much about his successor, does it? And yes, I know X is more advanced than MM, but not extremely. You can think of them as cars--Megaman X is just a Megaman SuperSport, with 2 extra cylinders, an extra exhaust, and improved handling. Hell, Just to make you happy, I'll even giv'im a sunroof, chrome spinners, and hyrdaulics.

And if ya want some canon, as Hoshi pointed out earlier he can break stars with his bare hands; R2-D2 on steroids would get smoked faster than an ounce of crack in Harlem.

Acrosurge
Ok, and if Mega man can get his ass kicked by E. Honda and Dhalsim, then that doesn't say much about his successor, does it? And yes, I know X is more advanced than MM, but not extremely. You can think of them as cars--Megaman X is just a Megaman SuperSport, with 2 extra cylinders, an extra exhaust, and improved handling. Hell, Just to make you happy, I'll even giv'im a sunroof, chrome spinners, and hyrdaulics.

And if ya want some canon, as Hoshi pointed out earlier he can break stars with his bare hands; R2-D2 on steroids would get smoked faster than an ounce of crack in Harlem. Getting tired, my friend? Your arguments are slipping.

I would never consider Marvel vs Capcom as canon for defining Mega Man's power (let alone X's power). Why? It's chock full of laughable power inconsitencies; Thanos vs Ryu for example.

The next flaw in your thinking is the power relationship between Mega Man and X.
I know X is more advanced than MM, but not extremely.How much attention do you pay to the game storyline? X1 states that X's Buster alone is far superior to Rock's. Rock's is a Mark 1 Mega Buster. X's Buster is a Mark 17. In addition, X's body is not constructed of simple metallic materials, but nano technology. He actually has the android equivalent of DNA (reference Mega Man X5-MMXCM). This allows him to heal himself of damage, something Rock could not do.

And while we're on the subject of X's DNA, Dr. Light designed it with the potential for limitless power (reference X4, Xtreme 2, X5, X7, MMXCM). In other words, X's power continues to climb as long as he's alive. Need I say this is a great deal different than Rocks set power level?

Need more proof? Dr. Light's adversary designed a powerful android of his own called Zero. Zero's power rival's X's. In MM: The Power Battle, Zero has been stated to have a power level so high, he could effortlessly destroy both Mega Man, and his more powerful rival Bass, at the same time. X's power is at least the equal of Zero's power, therefore, he too must be significantly more powerful than Mega Man.

Let's return to the "breaking stars thing". To be honest, its not really that impressive. Hoshi already stated that the star Kirby destroyed was, at most, the size of a moon. Not only that, but Popstar-type stars could hardly be compared with the giant, fusion furnace variety that populate our own universe (and X's universe).

Now, for the sake of argument, let us assume that Kirby were capable of destroying a moon-sized object. Not a problem for X. He's faced and defeated enemies capable of annihilating moon-sized objects (Lumine, Great Redips, Ninetails).

As for X, after 200 years of fighting Mavericks, his power was great enough for him to contain within his body a force capable of destroying the planet Earth (reference Mega Man: Zero 2,3). He contained this power for several decades while performing various other feats.

There can be no doubt left. X is vastly superior to Mega Man. Unless, of course, you'd like to argue that Rock is stronger than a planet-destroying force. smile

IcePunk
I've read everything Acrosurge have said (in other forums too) so I KNOW that Mr:Fluff-Fluff-power-stealer will get 100% PWNED.
DiamondBullets I recommend that you do the same...

Shadow x 20
Kirby got pwned from the start. We just have Kirby fanboys that believe Kirby can suck up everything that comes his way.

Inspectah Deck
Kirby got pwned from the start. We just have Kirby fanboys that believe Kirby can suck up everything that comes his way.

He can't? No attack by X, Kirby can't shallow or deflect

Acrosurge
He can't?No, he can't. When has Kirby swallowed Meta Knight, Dedede, Cloaked Nightmare, or Dark Mind? Kirby can't swallow opponents significantly larger or more powerful than he is. Likewise, he cannot swallow all energy attacks. The exception is if you use Smash Brothers physics, which I've already shown to be a bad idea for the Pro-Kirby folks.

DiamondBullets
Your arguments are slipping.

How?

Acrosurge
How? Your arguments are founded on erroneous comparisons.

1. You used the Marvel vs Capcom series as a point of comparison. The Vs series (like SSBM) has laughable power inconsistencies, such as Ryu vs Thanos. Noncanonical, inconsistent evidence hardly helps to prove your point.

2. You have placed Mega Man and X at comparible levels of power, when canon plot has stated a vast difference between the two. Another faulty point.

That, and what's with the car metaphors? And R2D2 on steroids? laughing That is pure, unfounded opinion. Funny opinion, but still uninformed. smile

Shadow x 20
Some people just can't let it go. X has it in the bag. Kirby can't suck up everything coming at him.

DiamondBullets
And R2D2 on steroids? laughing

cool Yeah, that was a good one. In fact I think I'll write it down in before I forget.

The car metaphors are plausible though: cars and the Megaman's are both machines with different series/models/types and different release dates. The only difference is that the MM's aint for sale-- I know that X didn't come with a pink slip.

And I follow the X story line pretty well, but I dont recall him having a "DNA equivilent". That's just whack! And I suppose C-3PO has a fingerprint???--c'mon! And I also remember Sigma attempting to "posess" X at the end of part 3--again, another riduculous mockery of life.

No matter how much time/money went into X, the living are still superior. After all, who created him? My dawg, Kirby would use his living (ie:biological) brain to out smart that robot and prolly trick him into destroying himself. Don't get me wrong, X certainly has some divine advantages, but like anything else with a serial number, he aint gonna out manuver or out strategize an intelligent being. You make it sound like I'm talkin' about Chill Penguin, or some other b*tch character from the X series.---but I'm talkin' about the Pink Punisher! You prolly think X could kill ANY video game character, dont' you???

Acrosurge, how old are you? just wondering.

Wetari
When kirby opens his mouth, X will blast an energy blast into his mouth and the little pink guy will explode lol.

Acrosurge
The car metaphors are plausible though.I've already proven with canon plot that X and the reploids are more than simple machines. Therefore, the car metaphor is not accurate, for cars cannot think, feel, or make decisions. Would you prefer I refer to Kirby as a strawberry creme-filled donut?

And I follow the X story line pretty well, but I dont recall him having a "DNA equivilent". That's just whack! And I suppose C-3PO has a fingerprint???--c'mon! And I also remember Sigma attempting to "posess" X at the end of part 3--again, another riduculous mockery of life.Sigma was attempting to imprint his Will over X's body. That's what possession is, you know. What's ridiculous about that?

No matter how much time/money went into X, the living are still superior. After all, who created him? My dawg, Kirby would use his living (ie:biological) brain to out smart that robot and prolly trick him into destroying himself.According to the plot from the X series, reploids are alive, and many of them are smarter than their organic counterparts. And if Kirby's intellect in Right Back at 'Ya is to be believed, he'd have a difficult outwitting Joe off the street, let alone X with 100 years of battle experience.

Don't get me wrong, X certainly has some divine advantages, but like anything else with a serial number, he aint gonna out manuver or out strategize an intelligent being. You make it sound like I'm talkin' about Chill Penguin, or some other b*tch character from the X series.---but I'm talkin' about the Pink Punisher! You prolly think X could kill ANY video game character, dont' you???Okay, I'm not sure how many times I should reinforce this, but I'm gonna do it anyway: X is an intelligent being. Light gave him the ability to think, feel, and make his own decisions. Later games even state that reploids have souls (X6, Mega Man Zero 2, 3). A small number of reploids consistantly overwhelmed the Human militarys of the planet Earth. They think, plan, strategize, and can fight better than any human being. Why? Because they can think, feel, and make decisions exactly as humans do.

My point is this: X and the reploids have about as much in common with mindless robots as you or I have with Lemmings. We can think, Lemmings cannot. X and company can think, robots cannot.

And just for my information; would you, Diamond Bullets, care to share who you think could defeat Kirby? It would shed some insight on just how powerful you think the character really is.

IcePunk
this stupid thread back life What the f**k?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by IcePunk
this stupid thread back life What the f**k? Sorry. erm DiamondBullets asks questions, I give answers.

At least its not as long as the Master Chief vs Samus thread, eh? wink

IcePunk
LOL, yeah

DiamondBullets
And just for my information; would you, Diamond Bullets, care to share who you think could defeat Kirby?

Agent 47. He would sneak up on the Dreamlander and apply his fiberwire before Kirby knew what hit him. (Even tho he has no neck to speak of.) I also think Devil Kazuya and Devil Jin would make short work of Kirby.

Here's a good one: X vs IG-88.

You know that is?--He was the tall droid aboard Vader's flagship when he hired the bounty hunters to find the Falcon. He's an intelligent, self-aware IG series Imperial Assassin Droid armed with 2 laser cannons, flame thrower, cuncussion granades, seeker missles, pulse cannon (kick-ass weopon), flechette cannon, nerve gas canisters (useless against another drioid), and a paralysis cord, which is a melee weapon. Reguardless of who won between these 2, I think it would definately be a slobber knocker.

John Bak'or
Reference games please. Kirby could not swallow offensive energy attacks in Kirby's Dreamland (1,2), Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Super Star, or Super Smash Bro. Melee.

You seem to have overlooked several other distinctions. X is vastly superior in strength, speed, durability, fighting experience (he's been figthing Mavericks for nearly 2 centuries), and firepower. He's also tall and blue. Not short. Not pink.

...Perhaps if the fight took place in Super Smash Bro. In a neutral environment, Kirby would be a torch at best, but more likely pink vapor.

Slide? Forgive me, but sliding is one of Mega Man's techniques, not X's. And please reference games in which Kirby swallows energy attacks on par with an X-Buster blast.

Fallacies not withstanding, the fact that you seem to consider X to be a simple machine, and that you've confused one of his techniques with one of Mega Man's, suggest that you do not know the X series very well. Are you a Kirby fanboy/girl?

laughing

I personally think that Great Redips, Ninetails, or Omega are probably the most powerful X Bosses (darn those near omnipotent villains!). Lumine or Sigma are probably the toughest to take on gameplay-wise. Lumine could kill with a single attack and Sigma, well, he's just Sigma.
HAVE U EVEN PLAYED ANY OF THOSE GAMES SAID ABOVE!!!!!! kirby's abilityies imply that he can suck in all maner of things and turn them into a waepon this is proved and KIRBY'S ADVENTURE SUPERSTAR AND DREAMLAND 2. Kirby can swallow stars. if modern science is correct all stars no matter how big or small they are, can still be 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000times hotter than a X-buster move. kirby is more algile, durable (hes indestructable popstar rubber for god sake), maybe faster and he's fairly strong considering he can handle weapons 10x larger than himself with ease (his hammer for instance if i remember corectly kirby can wield 2 of these mutha ******** huge weapons at once in SSBM)these hammers can both wack X-boy like a baseball hit by superman. in other words kirby =winner, X=recycled into a baseball wacked by supes. =)
Also kirby can snap samus who could turn X into scrap in 0.0000000000000000000000000000001 miliseconds flat.
Also according to my SSBM records kirby snapped the 2 rulers of the nintendo universe (master and crazy hand)100 times over so stop arguing kirby wins meg x loses
NUFF SAID!!

swedish_bum
This is a LOL thread and LOL fight!! laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Any way Mega man wins!!

John Bak'or
L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0 L0L0LL0L L0L0 L0L0L0L L0L0L0L L0L0L0L L0L0L0L0L0L0 L0L0L L0L0L L0L0L L0L0L L0L0L0L0L L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0 L0L0L0L yeah probably L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0
L0L0L0L0L0L0L
L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L.0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L
L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0
L0L0L0L0L0L0L
L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0
L0L0L0L0L0L0L

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.