Which was more interesting?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
OB1 vs. Ani or Yoda vs. The Emperor?

I think something like this would have been done before but I searched and didn't find any so...

Council#13
well it has done something like this. i think that GL should have extended the Yoda vs. The Emperor lightsaber and done more close up/ medium shot fights and less force battle

xyz jedi
well that was my favourite battle in the PT 'ce' for maybe DM battle in TPM.

Tangible God
The Yoda vs. The Emperor fight was much too flashy. The frog was jumpin around everywhere--thats' what ruined it for me.

I'd say the OB vs. Anakin battle was better.

Jedi Priestess
*sigh*
for 13,475,586th time

VS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!

Tangible God
No it's in the right place. He' asking which is more INTERESTING.

Jedi Priestess
That doesnt matter, in order to answer the question you need to discuss the outcome or details of a VS showdown and we have a specific forum for this type of discussion.

xyz jedi
It's about interest not who would win.

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
*sigh*
for 13,475,586th time

VS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, you suck.

Ballister
Wait, who sucks. XYZ, or JP?

Ken Kenobi
No this IS for the VS. forum.

It's Anakin/Obi-Wan vs. Yoda/Palpatine so it should be moved.

Anyways, I'm not a fan of Yoda in lightsaber duels, it looks much too stupid to see this slow old frog suddenly turn into a ball of energy and jumping all over the place.

Anakin/Obi-Wan was emotional and full of spectacular athleticism.

Darth Zhin
I concur about Obi VS Ani regarding its awesomess.

overlord
IMO The Sidious/Yoda battle was horribly useless and boring, I therefor think the Obi/Vader fight was more interesting.

chinabing
The Yoda/Sidious was fantastic. Two Force giants battling each other? What more could you want? It was a spectacular battle. Never have we seen the huge power of the Force such we did then. They were throwing senate pods as if they were frisbees. Lightning blasts, and Yoda catches it and throws it back. Fantastic. "Pointless and boring"? What have you been smoking?

And it was a "teachable moment" too. Yoda and Sidious battled to a draw. But Yoda says he failed. Yoda wanted to defeat Sids, but because it was a draw, he says he failed. That's honesty and leadership for you.

overlord
It was a useless battle, it didn't decide anything. The setting wasn't nice. The only thing I can remember about the battle is the pods and that wasn't exactly spectacular.. Overall it was an uninteresting fight in my opinion.
Also, Sidious looked like some dumb mutant fighting an even dumber CGI thing. I'd pick the office fight anyday over the dumb pod fight.

I don't understand what kids see in that fight anyway.
If something like this \/ ever came out you people would probably be overwhelmed.

xyz jedi
Yoda vs. Sids was sooooo great. The two strongest sith/jedi in films 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6* against eachother!

*Yoda n Sids weren't in ANH.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by chinabing
The Yoda/Sidious was fantastic. Two Force giants battling each other? What more could you want? It was a spectacular battle. Never have we seen the huge power of the Force such we did then. They were throwing senate pods as if they were frisbees. Lightning blasts, and Yoda catches it and throws it back. Fantastic. "Pointless and boring"? What have you been smoking?

And it was a "teachable moment" too. Yoda and Sidious battled to a draw. But Yoda says he failed. Yoda wanted to defeat Sids, but because it was a draw, he says he failed. That's honesty and leadership for you.

You said it.

Council#13
yoda's a loser stick out tongue he fails everything. he failed to save the wookies, he failed to stop dooku, and he failed to stop palpatine

overlord
Originally posted by chilled monkey
You said it. owned.

truejedi
I like watching the Yoda/Sidious fight, but i wish sidious would just stop his stupid cackling like a moron the whole time. He never shuts up. It gets really irritating by the end of that fight. Also, i would like to know how Yoda ended up at the bottem of the arena instead of on the pod with sidious, the major difference in the duel (the change in terrain advantage) happened while Obi wan was fighting Anakin, so we don't know if Sidious forced Yoda into the losing ground, or if Yoda went to ground for some reason of his own.
I think, (because of those two things) i like Obi/vs. Anakin better, though everytime Vader opens his mouth to speak it detracts from it. I just can't stand Hayden.

xyz jedi
that's cos there's a lot of past behind him.

exanda kane
Originally posted by chinabing

Well I am glad the nice little effects pleased the children, however as a satisfying watch for an adult, it left a lot to be desired.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.