Was Morgan Katarn a Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SS_181st_Snow
I've been curious for some time if Morgan Katarn is a Jedi, or atleast has any bit of Force potential?

Ianus
He WAS a playable jedi character in JK:A, but I don't know really.

Mišt
Do ghosts exist in Star Wars apart from Jedi Ghosts?

henniestevens
yes, there are sith ghosts too.

kamikz
Yes I think he was a jedi. I saw a movie from the old Jedi Knight game where Morgan fought and killed about 4 dark jedi coming at him, then get destroyed by Jerec.

Ushgarak
That wasn't Morgan, nor did that guy kill any Jedi.

kamikz
Ok, it was a long time since I saw it so I guess I was remembering it wrong, but who killed Morgan then, I thought it was Jerec. But still, Morgan was a ghost, only jedi and sith can become that right?

Ganner Rhysode
Jerec did kill Morgan, but they guy you're thinking of was... Rahn, I believe? Anyway, he fought against seven Dark Jedi, cutting one of them in half, and then getting killed by Jerec.

Now, I would normally assume Morgan wasn't a Jedi, however... He did appear as a Force Ghost, and was an underground supporter of the rebellion. He also knew a lot about the Valley of the Jedi, where the Battle of Ruusan took place, and entrusted Kyle with "a lightsaber that once belonged to a friend and great Jedi - Rahn." The one who fought off the other Jedi. I suppose it's possible they had sort of a Master-Apprentice bond going on, as well.

Mišt
Originally posted by henniestevens
yes, there are sith ghosts too.

I should have said 'apart from Force Ghosts'. Like, if someone is a ghost, does that imply they were a Jedi or Sith, or can normal ghosts sometimes appear?

Captain REX
Not to our knowledge.

I am assuming that Qu Rahn discovered how to do the Ghost trick as well, and passed on this knowledge to Morgan Katarn, who was no Jedi but was apparently Force sensitive.

Qu Rahn was the Jedi who tried to fight the Dark Jedi under Jerec. He cut Maw in half; Maw murdered Morgan at Jerec's order.

Ushgarak
Morgan's status just makes no sense. I mean, he seemed to have a Lightsabre...

... but the whole thing was just daft plot convenience to allow Kyle to have Jedi powers all of a sudden.

Mind you, fair play to the Jedi Knight FMV scenes; they might not have won any acting awards, but the style in which they were shot were very Star Wars in nature, so kudos for stylistic accuracy.

Ganner Rhysode
Ushgarak: Morgan's lightsaber that he gave to Kyle was Qu Rahn's.

And yes, I think it's easiest to say that Morgan was Force Sensitive and learned the Force Ghost trick.

Captain REX
Or something to that regard. *shrug*

Then again, Morgan could be more than that. Seems to me like you would have to be a tad more powerful than 'possibly could be trained' level to do it. Look at Kenobi and Yoda.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.