Magneto vs Plastic Man & Mr.Fantastic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
In NYC.

Wild Cowboy
Magneto.......... the whole brain short-charge thingy...

long pig
Won't work on PM. He has no organs.

Wild Cowboy
Right........... how about:

Mags stop all his atoms from moving, no movement = no energy, no energy = no heat, no heat = frozen, frozen rubber is VERY Brittle !!!

I got this idea from a photon ffanboy.....

long pig
Uhm...Mags can't control matter. Just metal.

Where in the hell did you....wtf?

bitca730
Magneto wins...

long pig
Originally posted by bitca730
Magneto wins...
How?

I bet Plastic Man could beat them both.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by long pig
How?

I bet Plastic Man could beat them both.

i'm thinking he can too

long pig
Goddamn he's underrated.

He's like Reed w/ Spiderman's personality...and some weird billion year old craziness.

I don't see Mags doing much at all to PM, he could take MF, though.

grey fox
Plastic man kicks all their asses.

AcousticDoc
how would plasticman get past magneto's shield thingy?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
how would plasticman get past magneto's shield thingy?
I was wondering that too. If he can get past it, he could probably take Magneto.

grey fox
Isn't his shield similar to sues , in the sense that his mind is connected to it and as such repeated attacks upon it would give the user fatigue/brain ache......

Swanky-Tuna
Probably but Magneto and Sue have some powerful high thresholds.

Scoobless
did Magneto get his powers back or something? Reed and PM beat the sh!t out of captain no-powers

Blair Wind
Originally posted by long pig
Uhm...Mags can't control matter. Just metal.

Where in the hell did you....wtf?

well you could say that since molecules have positive or negative charges and that all goes withing the energy spectrum he could control it....i dunno if thats bs but whatever...

gladiator69
magnus of course

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Blair Wind
well you could say that since molecules have positive or negative charges and that all goes withing the energy spectrum he could control it....i dunno if thats bs but whatever...

BS as far as I know.

XerxesLogan
Magneto.......no matter how rubbery, it can still be incased in solid metal.....fussed on a molecular level. And I belive what Cowboy ment was that because he controls magnetic fields he may be able to screw with electrons and photons with magnetic wavelengths. Magnitism is pretty much the baisis of all physics.

Timslar
Why do you people still think Magneto only controls metal?
He looks at Plastic Man and Mr.Fantastic and they are blasted with microwaves and are destroyed.

gladiator69
Originally posted by Timslar
Why do you people still think Magneto only controls metal?
He looks at Plastic Man and Mr.Fantastic and they are blasted with microwaves and are destroyed.

why the hell is his name magneto ? cause thats his powers controling metal and magnetic fields. he can also absorb some sorts of energery and electricity from others.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by gladiator69
why the hell is his name magneto ? cause thats his powers controling metal and magnetic fields. he can also absorb some sorts of energery and electricity from others.

well then if Demi were here he would be shocked by the lack of knowledge on his character. Mags has now found out (before he lost his powers, cuz if you think about it right now he has none) that he can control the whole energy spectrum, its just that magnetism is easiest to use...I mean he can make a blackhole and let them die now...so...ya

gladiator69
well then if Demi were here he would be shocked by the lack of knowledge on his character. Mags has now found out (before he lost his powers, cuz if you think about it right now he has none) that he can control the whole energy spectrum, its just that magnetism is easiest to use...I mean he can make a blackhole and let them die now...so...ya where the hell did u hear that he lost his powers. and i dont give a damn what demi says who ever the hell he is.

Blair Wind
um house of M series??? he lost his powers as did like 100,000 (not sure on the number, but theres only like 300 left) mutants.....and what the hell is with the attitude i was just stating something about Demi...geez

gladiator69
um house of M series??? he lost his powers as did like 100,000 (not sure on the number, but theres only like 300 left) mutants.....and what the hell is with the attitude i was just stating something about Demi...geez i dont have an attitude if i did i wouldnt be responding back. but i never herd of that magneto losing his powers in m series. il check it out myself later on

scotsmn
Magneto would win this by simply encasing them in a metal bubble and sealing it.

Some of the other things said about Magneto are exaggerations. He isn't going to be stopping anyone's movement by sucking the electricity out of their bodies, please. He controls magnetism. He may be able to do a little bit more because of this ability but lets not fool ourselves into believing he can do anything (like the retarded Flash) with magnetism.

Hegemon875
couldnt Mr. F or Plasticman encase the other two inside themselves as well?

Melnorme
Originally posted by grey fox
Isn't his shield similar to sues , in the sense that his mind is connected to it and as such repeated attacks upon it would give the user fatigue/brain ache......

No.

demigawd
well then if Demi were here he would be shocked by the lack of knowledge on his character.

I am SHOCKED by the lack of knowledge on my character!

I'm Demi, fool! stick out tongue

And EVERYBODY better give a damn what I say!

smokin'

They're not exaggerations if he's done them. As always, references available upon request, but I think I've been around here long enough that you should all know the routine by now. I'm disappointed, children.

So, how does Magneto win this one?

Let me close my eyes and grab something out of my random grab bag of death....

Microwaves it is! Boil and melt from the inside out....good choice, and it served you well when you did it to break out of the plastic bubble in Avengers...

magneto 10/10.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Hegemon875
couldnt Mr. F or Plasticman encase the other two inside themselves as well?
I don't know if Reed or Plasticman can encase each other due to their powers but if they try it on Magneto, he could expand a body tight forcefield, pushing them off him then... I guess make a forcefield around that one, trapping the stretch duo between two fields, and expand it until they cants expands no more.

Melnorme
I've gotta side with Demi on this. At first, I wasn't sure if Plas would even be vulnerable to an energy beam. But in reviewing Mark Waid's "Terror Incognita" continuation of Grant Morrison's white martians story arc, I noticed that there's a scene where Plas gets cut, more or less in half by a martian's eye beams. Now, I figure this is some dime-a-dozen white martian, compared to the energy outputting power of the Master of Mutant Magnetism...The guy gets caps on his title fer crissakes! He can definitely put out a comparable amount of wattage. He can certainly kill Plas.

But would he even need to? Magneto's a bad guy, but he's not some crazy serial killer supervillain. Instead, he could easily just grab a whole mess of ferrous materials, and slap it really tight, like a fist, around either of the stretchers in question. No way they could get out.

And as far as his altering electricity...I think it's within the realm of the author as far as they want this power to go, but remember guys, it's called the electro-magnetic force. It's the same force in physics, and he controls the whole deal. Oh, but BlairWind...It don't matter how much of the EM spectrum you can control, you can't just whip up a black hole. That's something totally different. wink

Still, those guys are tricky, and smart. I don't think Magneto would try to murder them. And frankly, though I love Magneto, he's awfully arrogant, and it's easy to get arrogant and slip up when you're fighting a pair of stretchers...their powers are, as they say, "mad weak". I'd give it to Magneto, 7/10.

Wild Cowboy
7/10 are you f***in with me !!??

Its more like 10/10 !!

Melnorme
I gave my reasons, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

What's more, good guys always have inflated odds. Or something... confused

Wild Cowboy
Yes they do, its called CIS, Character Induced Stupidity !!
Stan Lee knows what that means !!!

Melnorme
Originally posted by Wild Cowboy
Yes they do, its called CIS, Character Induced Stupidity !!
Stan Lee knows what that means !!!
Yeah, but...can you see how it would probably be in character for someone like Mag-friggin-neto to underestimate Plastic-Man? That guy is the original superhero punchline. stick out tongue

Avalonofthewind
Mags 8/10
The 2 losses are simply due to Reeds intelligence. I can't see PM coming up with any kind of plan to get through Mags shields..but RR is a different story.

Wild Cowboy
Avvy's right !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.