Did anyone know that Darth Sidous...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
was Chancellor Palpatine before ROTS? Cos that was a big shock for me.

Ken Kenobi
You're also an idiot...but that wasn't a shock to me.

Come on dude, everyone should have known that.

Sir J
i new but i wish i didnt so that i was more surprised

yerssot
if you saw the OT you would know, if you didn't they gave you hints the entire time. Just see TPM and AOTC again now and you'll pick them up

McCusto
Yeah, I guess the name 'Emperor Palpatine' kinda gave it away

henniestevens
Do they call him Palpatine in the OT?

overlord
I can imagine the surprise for the PT kids who couldn't actually figure out all the enormous hints given.
I wish I could have been there.. The scene would have been been even better then.

overlord
Originally posted by henniestevens
Do they call him Palpatine in the OT? Of course, but I actually don't remember the sidious name.. But it was a well known fact that his name was emperor palpatine though.

henniestevens
yes i know that, but I'm just not sure they say his name in the OT.
Don't they just call him "the emperor"?

overlord
I don't know.. What's the point, really? It certainly was known before the PT was made.

Council#13
Originally posted by xyz jedi
no expression I thought everyone knew...

Master Naresh

wow , wat a fool u are,i thought everyone knew, sometimes ur posts don't make sense xyz jedi (no offense)

jediperson

Are you blind and stupid. Did you ever see the Star Destroyers in AOTC!!!!

DrDoom101
The camera focused on Palpatine in TPm when Mace and Yoda were talking about "always two there are, one master, one apprentice" And plenty more, idont wanna list em all cuz im sick today

SpyCspider
heh..unfortunately, this wasn't the first time I've heard about this "surprise" from somebody supposedly a fan of Star Wars.

But I figure anyone who actually participates in a Star Wars forum on KMC probably has enough interest of the saga to figure it out. And like everyone said, they drop enough hints through camera work and plot.

Ballister
I knew it when TPM came out, I hadn't paid attention to the sequels, but I had this thing on character bios from TPM, and it had commentary by GL saying "I was trying to make a good impression on Palpatine, who would become the emperor." Plus I think they did mention that name in the OT.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by henniestevens
yes i know that, but I'm just not sure they say his name in the OT.
Don't they just call him "the emperor"? Yes they did. They only called him "the emperor" so how is that obvious? It's obvious he's Sids though.

I think I over exagerated when I said "shocked"

xyz jedi
Originally posted by SpyCspider
heh..unfortunately, this wasn't the first time I've heard about this "surprise" from somebody supposedly a fan of Star Wars.

But I figure anyone who actually participates in a Star Wars forum on KMC probably has enough interest of the saga to figure it out. And like everyone said, they drop enough hints through camera work and plot. Hey, I don't dedicate my life to SW you know. I just like it okay. Geez, I mean, SW fans like you must find it hard to find a girl. Easier than star trek fans though. laughing out loud

Shadow x 20
It was very clear that Palp was Sidious even if you didn't see the OT.

((The_Anomaly))
LOL I've known this since TPM, its pretty obvious...lol

as someone said ALL through the OT we knew that the emperors name was Palpatine.(i cant actually remember if the name Palpatine is actually said in the OT though, can anyone remember?)

then when the holo image of a guy who looked and sounded like Emperor palpatine appeared in TPM kinda gave it away too...lol (this is one of the first scenes in the PT)

SOoooo...I dont see how anyone thought otherwise.

there were actually true SW fans that thought Palps and Sids were different people. because of the emperors deformed face. many thought that Sids and Palps were working together. those people I argued with for a long long time. I hope they feel stupid now....lol

Magic_attack
After seeing TPM I was 99% sure, then I found out it was the same actor playing the Emperor both times.

starwarsrules14
"Always two, there are. A master and an apprentice."
Then it shows Palps' face. Wasn't it obvious?

Ballister
Plus, in TPM, I think there's a scene that takes place in a senate discussion, and Palpatine is like Force persuading Queen Amidala's decoy to say things that would help in Palpatine's plan.

starwarsrules14
Originally posted by Ballister
Plus, in TPM, I think there's a scene that takes place in a senate discussion, and Palpatine is like Force persuading Queen Amidala's decoy to say things that would help in Palpatine's plan.

Padme was acting as Queen again in the senate, and she is to strong minded. There were many other clues though.

Ken Kenobi
Yes they did. They only called him "the emperor" so how is that obvious? It's obvious he's Sids though.

I think I over exagerated when I said "shocked"

Quit trying to weasel your way out of this one n00b. You proved how little you know of the Star Wars movies and now you're just trying to save face after getting owned by all of us.

PVS
this is obviously a troll thread

SpyCspider
Hey, I don't dedicate my life to SW you know. I just like it okay. Geez, I mean, SW fans like you must find it hard to find a girl. Easier than star trek fans though. laughing out loud

touche....insecure, ain't he?

PEOPLE like you must find it hard to fit in ANYWHERE..much less find a girl

mace=badass

Are you an idiot?

calvin44
Originally posted by McCusto
Yeah, I guess the name 'Emperor Palpatine' kinda gave it away
yes. also he had the cleft chin and the voice among other things, we all knew, we were just waiting to see the transformation.

Stun
as much as i love the PT i find it near impossible for people to be real heavy fans from growing up with the PT. I mean, i was practically a kid myself when TPM and AOTC were released, but luckily the SE was pretty much so well broadcast when i was 9 years old that i first heard of Star Wars at that point - and watched them before the Prequels.

But seriously! after becoming a fan at any decade when your a kid, naturally your gonna buy merchandise through books, advertisement and action figures to eventually learning about the OT, so in one way or another, u SHOULD know that Emperor Palpatine IS Senator/Chancellor Palpatine - and that the name is not a coincidence

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Stun
as much as i love the PT i find it near impossible for people to be real heavy fans from growing up with the PT. I mean, i was practically a kid myself when TPM and AOTC were released, but luckily the SE was pretty much so well broadcast when i was 9 years old that i first heard of Star Wars at that point - and watched them before the Prequels.

But seriously! after becoming a fan at any decade when your a kid, naturally your gonna buy merchandise through books, advertisement and action figures to eventually learning about the OT, so in one way or another, u SHOULD know that Emperor Palpatine IS Senator/Chancellor Palpatine - and that the name is not a coincidence

I am a proud fan from BEFORE the SE's. stick out tongue I started watching the films with my uncle when I was 3 years old, 4 years after ROTJ was released. Been a fan ever since.

I just can't find it in myself to respect those who watched the PT and claim to be fans, yet know next to nothing about the OT. Same with the female fans that only watch the movies because of Hayden Christensen. Though there are female fans that watch the flicks for what they are (great films) and then drool later.

Wolfie
Didn't it say on the back cover of Episode I that Palpatine was Sidius?

I wouldn't assume fans will read the books and other merchandise.

Captain REX
I vomit in rage at this thread...

Anyways, bravo, Ken, care to join my 'before the SE' club?

No, it didn't Wolfie. That would have been absurdly TOO obvious, even for Lucas.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Captain REX
I vomit in rage at this thread...

Anyways, bravo, Ken, care to join my 'before the SE' club?

No, it didn't Wolfie. That would have been absurdly TOO obvious, even for Lucas.

I'd be glad to join the club Star Tours Captain RX-24 stick out tongue

Captain REX
That's me! eek!

Ken Kenobi
I thought you were Jordan. stick out tongue

Stun

Mišt
I dont like the SE. I always watched the originals, only watched the full SE added crap when I got the dvds. Its painful to watch the SE when you've been brought up on the unedited movies.

stueyboi
pretty baitent i must say

xyz jedi
I thought no-one knew, I was trying to fit in, ah screw this thread.

Joseph_Kerr
Oh well.. I could never figure out in TPM why we were so focused on this kid.. who the hell is he anyways.... he grows up... gets killed on Mustafar... and then this Vader guy shows on on a star destroyer... Lucas is so dumb focusing on a kid who doesn't even have anything to do with Darth Vader... stupid! wink wink wink

Seriously, I heard so many people who complained about TPM starting with a kid who had nothing to do with Darth Vader. Heeellllloooo.... the kid is Darth Vader you idiots... and Chancellor Palpatine is the Emperor... NOOOOO.... he can't be.... ah..... cover his face and leave the chin exposed when you see Palpatine.... OMG! He is Sidious.... you mean he's the Emperor... amazing how many people never understood that TPM was the begining of the story....

xyz jedi
well duh. Who's that dumb to realise that anakin SKYWALKER isn't luke's father(DV). Luke told vader, "you are anakin skywalker" duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

overlord
I think they could have better introduced him at a higher age, this little kid saving the galaxy was a bit... Childish..

SpyCspider
or they coulda done what a lot of fans wanted....get rid of this "happy typical-go-lucky" kid and told him to act more hardcore...being a slave and all that. Show him as a disturbed child, quiet, sad...already storing up fears, etc. At least after he was taken away from his mom.....

I've seen child actors do it convincingly--too bad, they never told this one to do it as well.

xyz jedi
What I wanna know is, how can such a free spirited positive thinking boy like that turn into Vader? Yes his mother died but any moron would know that he should get over it and defend the galaxy. Like all skywalkers, he's a bit of a whiner and not very handy. laughing

mace=badass
Watch RotS then you'll find out noob.

exanda kane
Originally posted by mace=badass
Watch RotS then you'll find out noob.

He may have made some dodgy posts but take a little look at the dates?

overlord
Yeah, it's pretty impressive xyz survived for so long.

exanda kane
Indeed. His noobness seems to have dried up of late though...not as many idiotic posts.

mace=badass
It was my first time using the word. And I liked it!

exanda kane
Ok, fair-do's...

Yet I still can't understand he didnt see Palpatine/Emporer thingme...

JenR1215
Here's a Big question....

Have you seen the OT?

bcuz if u havent... it's cool. I cant blame you for not knowing.

xyz jedi
Originally posted by exanda kane
Indeed. His noobness seems to have dried up of late though...not as many idiotic posts. I went down the same path anakin did. Joining the noobs, instead of destroying them. Luckily, I've stopped.

exanda kane
and brought balance hopefully...

mace=badass
Him?.....................no.

exanda kane
you?....not you either.

Stun
Originally posted by SpyCspider
or they coulda done what a lot of fans wanted....get rid of this "happy typical-go-lucky" kid and told him to act more hardcore...being a slave and all that. Show him as a disturbed child, quiet, sad...already storing up fears, etc. At least after he was taken away from his mom.....

I've seen child actors do it convincingly--too bad, they never told this one to do it as well.

making Anakin a sweet innocent lil kid is to show how good people can turn bad - and i think Jake Lloyd did a good job. Infact, i wish people would stop criticizing a 9 year old kid - i mean, WTF?What the f**k? there's only so much you can expect from a child actor - Haley Joel Osmond the exception

Stun
Originally posted by exanda kane
you?....not you either.

you dont deserve to have an opinion on anything my friend

"Well WE hugely dislike your taste." - remember that completley F**CKED up comment?eek!

SpyCspider
making Anakin a sweet innocent lil kid is to show how good people can turn bad - and i think Jake Lloyd did a good job. Infact, i wish people would stop criticizing a 9 year old kid - i mean, WTF?What the f**k? there's only so much you can expect from a child actor - Haley Joel Osmond the exception

not criticizing the kid...but criticizing what THEY told the kid to do
I"m sure Jake coulda pulled it off if he wasn't given lines like "yipee! NOw THIS is pod racing!..." etc.
He was never shown how he turned bad either. He was a good kid in TPM...then when it came time to turn bad, Hayden took the role so we never got to see the transition.

xyz jedi
what are you guys talking about now?

overlord
I don't know.. But Stun sure is on a crusade to get back on certain stuff.. pirate

Captain REX
I didn't need to see any transition, personally.

I thought Jake Lloyd did just fine. He's a happy kid; when you think about slavery, usually you think about black people getting brutally beaten and murdered for no good reason because Americans were stupid back then; Anakin was in a different kind of slavery. Watto kept tabs on him by having the explosive in his neck, and it didn't seem like Anakin much minded working for him anyway. He'd rather be free, of course, but its not like he was starved or beaten or put inside a podracer engine or cotton gin...

GCG
The first reply in this thread was the best laughing out loud

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by GCG
The first reply in this thread was the best laughing out loud

whistle

Stun
Originally posted by Captain REX
I didn't need to see any transition, personally.

I thought Jake Lloyd did just fine. He's a happy kid; when you think about slavery, usually you think about black people getting brutally beaten and murdered for no good reason because Americans were stupid back then; Anakin was in a different kind of slavery. Watto kept tabs on him by having the explosive in his neck, and it didn't seem like Anakin much minded working for him anyway. He'd rather be free, of course, but its not like he was starved or beaten or put inside a podracer engine or cotton gin...

i think they should of put in the deleted scene where Anakin is pounding the crap out of a young Greedo laughing out loud - he might of won more votes, and it would of been interesting to see how wound up and angry he could get

ok, back on subject

xyz jedi
Originally posted by mace=badass
Watch RotS then you'll find out noob. but Luke lost his last remaining relatives in ANH. And he wasn't a slave. Likew Ani. In AOTC or ROTS Anakin cryed about losing Qui-Gon when they only just met! Pretty whiny.

Stun
at what point did Anakin cry over Qui-Gon? confused

xyz jedi
In AOTC I don't think he cried, but he nearly did. Anyway, I only watched it once.

Stun
over the death of his mother

xyz jedi
and Qui-Gon. OB1 said something like "I know I wasn't your rightful trainer"

Ani "Well then. You aren't Qui-Gon Jinn. Alright."

*They pause. Ani cries.*

Obi "I know I miss him too."

*They hold eachother like parent and child. I think Obi even kissed him on the head. Eeeeeew.*

mace=badass
Are you talking about a deleted scene? Because I know that was NOT in the movie.

xyz jedi
It might of been CW I know it was in rots, aotc or cw

Ken Kenobi
It might of been CW I know it was in rots, aotc or cw

It was not in ANY of those...n00b.

xyz jedi
I'm sure of it. I can remember.

Ken Kenobi
I'm sure of it. I can remember.

That's because your mom probably dropped you on your head too many times.

I did not happen in ROTS, AOTC, or the Clone Wars cartoon.

xyz jedi
Why don't you watch them and tell me now.

mace=badass
They are not in the movies.... well, maybe a deleted scene.

xyz jedi
watch them for me. plz

jollyjim311
I actually think I remember that in The Clone Wars cartoon.

xyz jedi
Ha, see it did happen. Screw you mace=badass, I'm going to the OTF.

mace=badass
Why screw me? I wasn't the only person saying it.

I said it wasn't in the movies....... so screw you.

jollyjim311

...You are such a prick.

starwarsrules14
and Qui-Gon. OB1 said something like "I know I wasn't your rightful trainer"

Ani "Well then. You aren't Qui-Gon Jinn. Alright."

*They pause. Ani cries.*

Obi "I know I miss him too."

*They hold eachother like parent and child. I think Obi even kissed him on the head. Eeeeeew.*

Omfg jawdrop

Ken Kenobi

jollyjim "thinks" it happened. I want proof. I watched all episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon and I don't remember it.

tpaquin
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
jollyjim "thinks" it happened. I want proof. I watched all episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon and I don't remember it.
It was in teh first episode of "Volume II" if you're going by teh DVDs, or Season 3 in terms of teh show. The episode where they make Anakin a Jedi Knight.

He doesn't kiss him, though.

overlord
Ha, see it did happen. Screw you mace=badass, I'm going to the OTF. Screw you guys! I'm going to the versus forum! laughing

I love these useless comments..

Captain REX
Yeah, they make this place so much better.

*shoots Xyz with a clonetrooper rifle*

Idiot...

jollyjim311
Originally posted by overlord
Screw you guys! I'm going to the versus forum! laughing

I love these useless comments..

Thats why you're here.

overlord
Exactly..

btw: Screw you guys.. I'm going to bed.

tpaquin
"Screw you guys, I'm gonna eat a sandwich and keep reloading the page until someone comments, at which time I will call them stupid and then state some assinine opinion that is stupid, like AOTC=Rushed."

overlord
Screw you guys, I'm going to post a cryptical message expressing my hatred towards people who can discuss/argue in a proper fashion and accuse them of namecalling! My name is tpaquin!
smile1

xyz jedi
I got it from Cartman. And why you guys still post in m'ya?

Sesse
Noo...

xyz jedi
shut up or I'll kick you in the nyuts.

Ken Kenobi
I got it from Cartman. And why you guys still post in m'ya?

To continue laughing at your idiocy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.