GL Battle: Guy Gardner vs. Kyle Rayner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
This has probably been done before, but nothing came up when I searched for it, so have at it.

smokin'

NoFate007
Rayner

jrodslam
If Guy fighs serious, i give him the slight edge 6.5/10. Hes more experienced, more willpower and confidence.

The Ion
Kyle

His willpower compared to the other Lanterns is seriously underrated. He has some of the craziest feats in the Post Crisis DCU.

thesilverspider
kyle will most likely win cause guy is a over confident prick.guy in my eyes is third stongest 2 go by the name geen lantern after alan and hal.yea kyle does have the best post crisis feats.

ZephroCarnelian
Kyle will win because Guy is a complete and utter moronic idiot who gets on my nerves with his stupid swaggering banter.

He's a pillock and I hope one day they do fight and Kyle makes him look a fool.

yes

jrodslam
Geez. Thats what makes Guy different. His whole personality and swagger. Some people love it, some dont.

Like i said, if Guy takes Kyle as serious as he would Hal, he could pull out a victory imo.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by jrodslam
Geez. Thats what makes Guy different. His whole personality and swagger. Some people love it, some dont.

Like i said, if Guy takes Kyle as serious as he would Hal, he could pull out a victory imo.

^^^^^ yup i think so 2

Blair Wind
doesnt he have alien powers too? I dunno I like Kyle more but I dont really know much about guy....

jrodslam
Originally posted by Blair Wind
doesnt he have alien powers too? I dunno I like Kyle more but I dont really know much about guy....

They changed his character and made him part Vuldarian. Thats when he was able to make weapons out of his hands. Thanks to GL Rebirth, hes back to regular Guy and a normal GL.

darthgoober
smile

batdude123
Stop it!!!!! no expression

darthgoober
Originally posted by batdude123
Stop it!!!!! no expression
I'm sorry... I'll stop now embarrasment

Dark-Jaxx
I hate Guy. As SBP said,"You're very rude and offensive Guy Gardner".

If the guy is dumb enough to run his mouth to SBP, he will to Kyle, and will lose because of his cocky attitude.

Kyle ftw.

cdtm
I love both these guys.. Kyle fixed what Hal broke, so he deserves the "best GL ever" title more then anyone.

But Kyles simply not the fighter Guy is. He couldn't even keep down a pre Johns uberized Sinestro that was caught off guard by Kyles rings lack of a yellow weakness.

Guy, on the other hand, took Hal Jordan to his limits back when he was written as a brain damaged idiot, and even managed to beat Hal in a competition to capture Goldface, and used his head to do it.

Kyle puts up a fight, but goes down to the former All American.

Mindset
^LOL

Kyle treats Guy like a rookie and steamrolls him.

Slaanesh
Kyle can channel the other corps power through his ring..he win this easily..

DarkSaint85
Oh, current versions???

Guy dies. He's been stripped of his ring.

cdtm
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Kyle can channel the other corps power through his ring..he win this easily..

He's has next to no feats using them in combat yet, though.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm

No need for tactics when you channel a red ring, though. Just vom on them.

Nor do you really need finesse with a blue/green combo..just get charged to 200% and you're good to go.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by cdtm

like DarkSaint85 said..u don't need skill to use the red..he can burn through anything Guy throws at him..or he can use blue and show Guy his heart desire and left Guy crying there like a baby..

cdtm
Originally posted by Slaanesh
like DarkSaint85 said..u don't need skill to use the red..he can burn through anything Guy throws at him..or he can use blue and show Guy his heart desire and left Guy crying there like a baby..

Guys already faced his demons, and come terms with them, in his original solo series, and as that angel proved, the blue light has limits.

And I agree going Red doesn't require skill. But it's also a color Kyle struggles to reach. No real proof he can go Red at will yet.

While powering through an opponent is second nature to Guy, and he's done well against top tiers like Lobo, Hal, and even Despero.

Mindset
And Kyle has done well against top tiers?

Any Kyle beats Guy.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
And Kyle has done well against top tiers?

Any Kyle beats Guy.

Kyle does well against top tiers, too. But by using his wits. Which could give him wins over Guy, sure, if he survives Guys initial onslaught.

Kalibak and Geayvev prove he can handle brute force, but also prove he needs to be provoked enough first. If Kyle went into a fight like he was facing Major Force, I think he could steamroll just about anyone, but normally doesn't.

Mindset
Guy will say something about his dead girlfriends and Kyle will rip him in half.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.